Birth Control

Guest Jamila

Guest Leni1430265175

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Apri

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: on and off for almost 2 years

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): at first i had to take some hormone stimulants to get my period going..(only took bc to regulate my period) it got my period going at a regular pace.. and now that im off them my period is still regular ^^

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: at first i felt nausea and fatigued..after a while i would feel really hungry all the time.. this is about the same time i started to have stomach problems.. i would eat an apple and have a horrible stomach ache afterwards.. no matter if my meal was light or not.. around the same time i started to develop heart palpitations.. not sure if this was due to too much stress or if it was because of the bc..

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO:regulate my period .. and it did.. also make me NOT hungry.. but it was the opposite side effect :P

OTHER INFO: ... i hear so many things about bc.. that it has its bad sides.. but i stopped taking it since my cycle is back to normal now..

Is it true if you go on birth control, you gain weight? If this is true, how much can you gain ?

you dont really "gain" weight.. for me, i felt more bloated then actually gaining weight.. not sure if it was the same for others..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest yosul_gongju

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: NuvaRing

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: 3 months

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): Immediately my periods were finally regular and short. If I wanted to postpone my period for a week then I could leave the ring in a week longer than recommended, and then remove it when I felt the timing was better for the period to occur. I loved not having to remember to take a pill everyday, and it was never noticeable during intercourse for myself nor my boyfriend

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: I became a raging richard simmons. My mood swings were horrible to the point where I'd go from laughing and being sweet to sobbing and contemplating ending my relationship 20 minutes later (this came about because my boyfriend was late leaving the door that I just stepped through, as he had to talk to his dad about work for 10 minutes). I had no idea I could be so moody. It came to a point where I could no longer tell between the emotions I actually, genuinely felt or the emotions that the hormones from the birth control brought about. I was an emotional wreck, and I felt like someone who had bipolar disorder. My sex drive was also drastically reduced.

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: Regulate my period and prevent pregnancies without having to worry too much about keeping a schedule (all did happen)

OTHER INFO: I stopped taking the birth control after three months because the mood swings had become so severe that they nearly tore apart my long term relationship. I was a ticking time bomb and nobody knew how to conduct themselves around me anymore because 90% of the time I would get angry or upset for no reason. All of the negative effects became apparent only in the second month of using NuvaRing. It was just fine before the 6 week mark, and out of nowhere my moods took over my life.

As for the aftermath...

I still have more intense mood swings during my menstrual cycle than I did before using birth control. Also, it caused me to grow more bodily hair on my arms, stomach, pubic area, etc... Constant reminders of a bad experience...

Guest mS_suga&spice

BIRTH CONTROL: Pills - Microgestin FE 1.5/30

HOW LONG: im bout to finish my first pack (about a month now)

PROS: my skin is clearing up, haven't gained weight, my boobs felt bigger and libido is fine.

CONS: taking this gave me the worst constipation ever. In my experience i would not recommend this to anyone who has previous problems with constipation. I think it'll just make it worse. I get moody sometimes but my mood swings are not too bad.

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: same with everyone else, regulate my period, control my cramps and most importantly prevent pregnancy. the skin benefit is a plus.

OTHER INFO: i am probably gonna stop after this pack not just because of the negative side effect that i experienced, but researching more about this i found out that it has a high incidence of depression (with constant use of course). i know that most BCP has that side effect but reading thru people's reaction towards this BCP...i just don't want to take any chance.

Guest miezziej

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Pills, Stediril (don't know if that's used outside the Netherlands :P)

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: approx 4 years

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): Lighter period, less cramps in stomach

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: more cramps in lower back area

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: Less painfull periods

OTHER INFO: Love birthcontrol :P No more periods on holidays! :D

Guest x_Pres_Kitten_x

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: The pill, Microgynan

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: About three years

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): Lighter period, comes on the day expected. You can control if you want a period on a specific month or not, great for parties/holidays.

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: When I first started I felt very nauseous, but that quickly went. During my 7 day break off the pill when my period is expected, I'm alot more 'hornier' LOL, because apparently the pill blocks off that hormone and when paused, it comes back.

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: Nothing really.

OTHER INFO: Made my breasts grow almost a cup size.

Guest Aireia

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Tri-Sprintic (pill)

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: 5-6 Months

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): Acne subsided, period is regulated, lighter periods, less cramps. :) Took me 1-2 months to recognize them.

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: I'm more emotional (I cry way too much now) and I feel more...how shall I say it...aroused?

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: Prevent birth, subside acne, make me gain weight

OTHER INFO: ----

Guest illusions

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: ortho tri cyclen lo

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: 1 month

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): less cramps.

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: I lost weight and i feel fat now but i blame myself for not working out for a month... i lost all my muscles. i have been breaking out ever since i started taking the pill. i realized that 2 hours after taking the pill i start getting nauseous. i dont think i have ever been so hungry before i have such a big appetite but i control myself so i dont over eat. the thing i hate the most is that i have been bleeding for a whole month =.=

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: I was scared that it would lower my sex drive but it has been making me extremely horny which sucks because i am in a long distance relationship right now. I hoped my boobs would increase a cup size but it has only been a month so im still hoping LOLS. but the good thing is that my breasts are a lot fuller now.

OTHER INFO: ---

Guest MoroccoLove

Wow, this thread is really helpful~!

So much more helpful than all the research i've been doing online ><;;

Me and my boyfriend hate using condoms, and recently, we've been having sex without a condom, just because we dislike using it thaat much (i guess were very impulsive x _ x ) He always pulls out though

But anyways, we both talked about it, and we both decided that i should go on the pill, (i want to ^^)

I'm a bit nervous though..because i havent', or plan to, tell my mom about this

So i'll be going to the clinic with my boyfriend

And im a bit nervous about the procedure..what exactly happens?

my friend told me they stick something up your vagina o _ ov

how does the check up go?

And how do you know which brand of pill to choose? my friend told me some girls have been having serious problems with yaz..and that i should use Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, and reading through these pages, it seems like most of you guys use this brand

=) thanks

Guest eliza11

BIRTH CONTROL: Pills- Yasmin (28 day pack)

HOW LONG: about 7 months

PROS:

Acne flare ups have calmed but i still get acne =/

Lighter and shorter period, hardly any cramps.

Breast sized increase a little but not significantly. lol i think i now fit better into my cup but have not gone up a size.

CONS: Weight gain. Not a lot, 1-2 pound but still counts for me!

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO:Took it to treat my acne that rapidly started flaring up more so than usual in Oct/Nov. The doctor said give it 4-6 months, or longer. So far results are fair but I do not have clear skin that I want yet. But my skin is much better for sure than it was 7 months ago.

OTHER INFO: This pill gives me hardly any side effects. I am just waiting patiently to get clear skin! I am going to wait one year and see.

Guest ichigo_no_powder

MoroccoLove, the procedure is the pap test. yes the doctor will be sticking something inside you and it's uncomfortable but fortunately quick. you should ask the doctor for their recommendation on which pill to take. the side effects are different for everyone

Guest Angel_luvusa

Wow, this thread is really helpful~!

So much more helpful than all the research i've been doing online ><;;

Me and my boyfriend hate using condoms, and recently, we've been having sex without a condom, just because we dislike using it thaat much (i guess were very impulsive x _ x ) He always pulls out though

But anyways, we both talked about it, and we both decided that i should go on the pill, (i want to ^^)

I'm a bit nervous though..because i havent', or plan to, tell my mom about this

So i'll be going to the clinic with my boyfriend

And im a bit nervous about the procedure..what exactly happens?

my friend told me they stick something up your vagina o _ ov

how does the check up go?

And how do you know which brand of pill to choose? my friend told me some girls have been having serious problems with yaz..and that i should use Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, and reading through these pages, it seems like most of you guys use this brand

=) thanks

Not trying to nag or anything, but you should always be using some form of protection. Pulling out is a horrible method.. (i got preggo from that method =/ ) don't do it!!

anyways, you don't need your mom to get b/c with you.. I don't know how your clinic is, but i know planned parenthood or your local community clinic will give it to you and probably at a discounted price based on whether your a student and your income and blah blah..

Most clinics will require you to get a pap smear before they give you the b/c (though some won't.. I got out of it by saying i was a virgin lol. but i'd really recommend just getting it). Anyways yeah, they stick this metal thing up your vagina and then they widen it and swab to test you for things and to make sure everythings okay.. It sounds horrible, but it really isn't (esp since you've already lost your virginity.. ) just remember to RELAX.

As for the type of b/c.. I personally don't like ortho tri-cyclen lo b/c i know too many people who got pregnant off of it.. I like this website, it lists some pretty good types.

I also don't recommend yaz. I was on it for a year, and it made me the b!tchest, most emotional person ever..

I'm currently on the nuva ring and i love it.. it's way better than the pill since i don't have to remember about it. maybe you should give it some consideration .

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MoroccoLove

Thankyou =)

Yes, i also dislike the pull out method >< i even told him i was not going to have sex anymore, until i get the pill..but we always end up doing it = =;;

Also, how long does this pap test // the entire doctor procedure take? around..^^

Guest PinkCee

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: orthotricyclen lo

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: 1 month and a half

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): Clearer skin! (I would get pimples, but now there are only scars!), omg... n bigger boobs thats for sure...! And of course, no babies :) Periods always came on time, and it was only for a few days (for me: wednesdays to sunday)

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: cravings right before period

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: Regulate my period (so it will always come on time), and not get me pregnant.

OTHER INFO:

Guest xlemonpie

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Yaz

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: 7months straight, stopped, and then started again a week ago

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): i finally got my period and it's light too! and my acne cleared up too ^^

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: acne got worse after i stopped taking it

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: make me get my periods. cause they were really irregular..they'd just come randomly for a day or something. i never had a regular period.. i think i went a year or more w/o having one. so i finally went to a gyno and she told me to take birth control to regulate my periods.

OTHER INFO: when i stopped taking it after 7mo, my period went away with it..so i had to start taking it again. i wonder what's wrong with me.. >.< has anyone experienced anything like this before?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ehytee7

This is my first month taking Yaz, and I'm on my 3rd day of taking the inactive pills. However, my period hasn't come yet and my last inactive pills will be tomorrow. Has anyone experienced getting their period later?

Guest plumplum

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Yaz

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: 1 month

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): My boobs are bigger (awesome) and I think it's helping with my PMDD because I haven't freaked out all month. And I think it's helping my acne but I can't tell since I'm on topical prescriptions.

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: I've been spotting since I started taking them. And I'm pretty sure my sex drive is gone. ;x

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: Help with PMDD, no babies, clear acne, bigger boobage. Yep.

OTHER INFO: I like it, minus the spotting but it doesn't bother me too much, I just wear liners. It should clear up soon.

Guest strawberry.llamas

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Ortho Tri Cyclen lo? W.e they give you at planned parenthood.

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: like around 3 months?

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): My boobs were firmer :D (but not a cup size), periods were one day shorter and lighter. Not sure about my skin. No Babies. My sister said i lost weight, but i think it was cuz of having sex alot :S

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: Sore/tender nipples, extremely emotional. I would be such a pinkberry to my ex. And unlike other girls, I was horny as hell. I felt like a pubescent boy.

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: no unplanned pregnancy, shorter/lighter periods, slightly bigger boobs.

OTHER INFO:

Guest chibikuma

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Tri-Nessa (generic form of Ortho-Tri cyclen)

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: around 6 months

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): I noticed my positive side effects instantly!(well, within a month or so) :).

Lighter periods (from 2 weeks of Super plus tampons to an average of 5 days on a super) Nicer skin, bigger boobs, less cramping, helped cysts on ovaries

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS:weight gain ;___;, occasional nausea, some periods (very rarely though,) are bad in terms of bleeding and cramping, but not length of the period

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: help my periods become lighter/shorter

OTHER INFO:

@ ehytee7 : Thats how mine is- I normally don't get my period full on till about the 4th inactive pill,

but that just means my period ends around the 2nd day on the active pill. My doctor said it

was fine, that it takes time to get your period started lol!

But if your really worried, ask your doctor~

Guest Riyoko

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Tried YAZ and ortho tri cyclen (with its generic brands as well)

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: I was on for about a year.

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): Bigger boobs! :D Lighter periods and way less cramps. Didn't notice for about 2-3 months. No baby? xD

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: Oh God. -_- So much bad. With YAZ, I ended up getting an infection, would get extremely dry so that sex was impossible no matter what was done, had zero desire for sex, I was a pinkberry to everyone. Way more mean and emotional. Mostly mean. With the others, on top of what I got from YAZ, it made it so I constantly had a period. My period lasted for 2 months. :x Oh and weight gain. :/ Quite a bit too.

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: No baby and not have to worry about condoms since I hated how those felt. (I know 2 forms of stuff is better, but meh.)

OTHER INFO: I think I like condoms better now after all that.

:mellow:

Guest Setsuni

Thankyou =)

Yes, i also dislike the pull out method >< i even told him i was not going to have sex anymore, until i get the pill..but we always end up doing it = =;;

Also, how long does this pap test // the entire doctor procedure take? around..^^

Takes maybe an hour including the wait. at least it did for me. And was about $95 at Planned Parenthood.

BC Using: Depo

How Long?: About 7-8 months now

Positive: No baby.

Negative: Weight gain, increased appetite, mood swings, irregular periods (last for 1-2 months towards the end of the 3 month time period until I got my next shot.)

Archived