Birth Control

Guest Jamila

Guest lilo_missie

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Ortho Tri-Cyclen

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: bout a year

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): acne started to diminish, bigger breasts, lighter periods... regulation of my period.

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: i actually had no side affects.

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: idk... lol never really expected anything from it...

OTHER INFO: I need to go back to using BCP... period is irregular again.. >.>

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SophiaSan

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Levaora. I use to use Yasmin

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: about a year

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): no nasty acne during periods, my periods were lighter and shorter.

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: mood swings, random cravings for food, nausea every once in a while

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: no periods and pregnancies. and surprisingly no acne during my periods, before they use to be huge!!

OTHER INFO:

hmm does any one here experience a lot of discharge?

well not a lot, but i had a bit more than usual.

and it's like yellowish :| yeah i wear panty liners every day xD

Guest Tofu_Cloud

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Alesse

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: 2 months

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): nothing reallly....ohh lighter periods =) i dont get dizzy anymore

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS:i became A FREAKIN BLOCK I lost my curves and got a squared body, i cry about everything

and even when my life is happy and fine.. i still seem bleh and sad about everything.. i feel just not satisfied.. and bean pie and picking fights. (im trying to control my moodiness though) Honesty i kinda regret taking it, i already bought 2 packs so i'll stop after that. Oh yeah pardon my language.. but it made me a robot.. my "libido".. sucks? Well im just so not horny.. so every time i get touched i get irritated/annoyed. And yes, nausea once in a while.. i can no longer eat certain candies that reminds me of birth control pills cuz it makes me want to gag. (i think the size/shape triggered something in my brain)

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: i dunno i thought it would make my boobs bigger LOL. =(

OTHER INFO: make sure BCP is right for u.. dont go on it for any other reason.

Guest ino_tenten

I used to be on BC pills, but I stopped taking them after one year..

It made me gain weight, and I had such baddddddd mood and depresssion!!! (I would jsut sit there and start thinking and analyzing deep into a subject/topic/ideas and it would make me sooooo depressed and I would just start crying!!) I dont think it cleared up my face.. maybe in the long run....

The only good thing was being able to get regulated periods and knwoing exactly when I would get my period. It made my period lighter and easier to maintain... and I was painless as well.. no cramps!

aww your not alone, ALOT of girls go through that. Actually i just got on BCP (2 weeks) and im already crying myself to sleep every night!!! (please dont think im crazy) im alwyas thinking negatively.. im tired all the time... not in the mood to do hw. My bf been his normal sweet self.. but when things dont go my way.. im always thinking of breaking up with him!!! AHH. i know its just the hormones..

LOL i just thought of a Slogan for the girls on here....

"Don't mess with me.. i'm on BCP!"

Guest Tofu_Cloud

Rik-U and Jamila im happy i wasn;t the only one not gaining boobs.. LOL i thought something was wrong with me... i guess its different for everyone.

Also my skin isn't really improving much. :blink: i mean.. its not HORRIBLE. But when im stressed or something i will still get the occasionally break outs,

and Serybery are you viet, cambodian or philipino? I notice alot of South East Asian girls naturally have big boobs. Are you sure it just wasn't genetics???

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Yasmin

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: 5th month

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): Shorter/lighter periods, regular periods

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: Mood swings ( a lot of them )

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: Shorter periods and the obvious one, to prevent pregnancy;

OTHER INFO: Don't take BCP just to get rid of acne/pimples, there are other side effects.

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Levaora. I use to use Yasmin

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: about a year

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): no nasty acne during periods, my periods were lighter and shorter.

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: mood swings, random cravings for food, nausea every once in a while

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: no periods and pregnancies. and surprisingly no acne during my periods, before they use to be huge!!

OTHER INFO:

hmm does any one here experience a lot of discharge?

well not a lot, but i had a bit more than usual.

and it's like yellowish :| yeah i wear panty liners every day xD

does it itch or smell? you could have a yeast infection.

While being on the pill yeast infections are more common to get.

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Alesse

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: 2 months

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): nothing reallly....ohh lighter periods =) i dont get dizzy anymore

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS:i became A FREAKIN BLOCK I lost my curves and got a squared body, i cry about everything

and even when my life is happy and fine.. i still seem bleh and sad about everything.. i feel just not satisfied.. and bean pie and picking fights. (im trying to control my moodiness though) Honesty i kinda regret taking it, i already bought 2 packs so i'll stop after that. Oh yeah pardon my language.. but it made me a robot.. my "libido".. sucks? Well im just so not horny.. so every time i get touched i get irritated/annoyed. And yes, nausea once in a while.. i can no longer eat certain candies that reminds me of birth control pills cuz it makes me want to gag. (i think the size/shape triggered something in my brain)

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: i dunno i thought it would make my boobs bigger LOL. =(

OTHER INFO: make sure BCP is right for u.. dont go on it for any other reason.

that's how I feel and what's happened to me!!!! my curves are becomming less prominent than the were before!!!

my hips have gotten smaller and so have my breasts!!! I thought I was the only one..wth is wrong with me? it sucks because I have like 9 more packs so I can't really stop unless I want to waste those packs.. :tears:

aww your not alone, ALOT of girls go through that. Actually i just got on BCP (2 weeks) and im already crying myself to sleep every night!!! (please dont think im crazy) im alwyas thinking negatively.. im tired all the time... not in the mood to do hw. My bf been his normal sweet self.. but when things dont go my way.. im always thinking of breaking up with him!!! AHH. i know its just the hormones..

LOL i just thought of a Slogan for the girls on here....

"Don't mess with me.. i'm on BCP!"

omg you sound like me..and nice slogan hahaha

Rik-U and Jamila im happy i wasn;t the only one not gaining boobs.. LOL i thought something was wrong with me... i guess its different for everyone.

Also my skin isn't really improving much. :blink: i mean.. its not HORRIBLE. But when im stressed or something i will still get the occasionally break outs,

and Serybery are you viet, cambodian or philipino? I notice alot of South East Asian girls naturally have big boobs. Are you sure it just wasn't genetics???

I know right?? at least now I don't feel THAT bad..but I'm feeling worse because when starting birth control I was a 38D and now I'm pretty sure I'm a C cup...my boobs have lost around 1-2 inches..ahhhhh :tears:

I still get pimples too....I'm really hating birth control right now...but actually it makes me hate EVERYTHING!!!

*emotional spasm*

Guest ino_tenten

OTHER INFO: Don't take BCP just to get rid of acne/pimples, there are other side effects.

^ agree.

And Jamila thank u so much for creating this thread. I think this shows the good and the bad about BCP. And that ppl really need to look at both sides instead of expecting "OH IM GONNA HAVE CLEAR SKIN AND BIG BOOBS!" If this was true.. tons of ppl will be on it. Kids on here cna be influenced and i would be really sad to go to my clinic and see a line up of 13-15 yr olds getting birth control pills because they believe all this stuff.

I mean common.. someone said they couldnt even go back eating the candies she use to eat because they reminded her of BCP. FOr me.. i cant drink Tropical Juice anymore, i use to take juice all the time with my BCP, now when i drink it.. my neck does this kick thing.. i think its a reflex.

Ppl mentioning still getting the occasional break outs. And also for me.. i went to a smallest size A... to a bigger size A...so...dont expect HUGE difference. Actually.. my boob almost concaves...like its not round anymore.. but more of a longer look.

^ agree.

And Jamila thank u so much for creating this thread. I think this shows the good and the bad about BCP. And that ppl really need to look at both sides instead of expecting "OH IM GONNA HAVE CLEAR SKIN AND BIG BOOBS!" If this was true.. tons of ppl will be on it. Kids on here cna be influenced and i would be really sad to go to my clinic and see a line up of 13-15 yr olds getting birth control pills because they believe all this stuff.

I mean common.. someone said they couldnt even go back eating the candies she use to eat because they reminded her of BCP. FOr me.. i cant drink Tropical Juice anymore, i use to take juice all the time with my BCP, now when i drink it.. my neck does this kick thing.. i think its a reflex.

Ppl mentioning still getting the occasional break outs. And also for me.. i went to a smallest size A... to a bigger size A...so...dont expect HUGE difference. Actually.. my boob almost concaves...like its not round anymore.. but more of a longer look.

No prob! I figuired more girls would want to know the good AND bad about BC like myself. I have to say that after starting them I wish I hadn't...it seems like my physical, emotional, and mental being have changed for the worse. :wacko:

I no longer like my body and I'm emotional almost all of the time...the only REAL plus is not having deathlike cramps every period...*sigh*

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Orthocyclen, orthonovum, orthotricyclen, then back to orthocylclen

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: a little over 2 years

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): When I first went on orthocyclen, i had super clear skin after 2 months. But after a little over a year, i started to get spotting, which my obgyn told me could be because i was still ovulating so she switched me to orthonovum...i broke out on that, and so tried orthotricyclen, didn't help. Then i took a month's worth of orthocylclen and just decided to give my body a break for awhile

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: See above

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: I wish my skin was still so clear :( now I have moderate acne and it won't go away! It makes me not want to go out and socialize and I feel so embarrassed about it....It worked for the whole pregnancy thing tho, which is good lol. Does anyone know when your body goes back to its "original" hormonal state after you stop taking the pills?

OTHER INFO:

hey i see heaps of people use Yasmin, don't know where you guys are form but i'm from AUS and Yasmin is the pill the doctors give in general for people who don't want to gain weight while being on the pill

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Diane 35 / Juliet (same thing)

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: 4 months, second time trying

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS: clearer skin, lighter flow, less cramps

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: weight gain, feel like throwing up but just recently

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: clearer skin, bigger boobs lol

OTHER INFO: this brand has a higher dosage of estrogen or whatever and i got it because my ance was really bad.

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Trivora

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: 1 year

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): birth control, period becomes regular, and most important: I can barely feel cramps anymore (it used to be real bad)

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: mood swings few days before period is due, have to remember to take it daily

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: I thought being on the pill would make me gain weight, good thing it hasn't

OTHER INFO: None..being on the pill is a good experience so far

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Trivora

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: 1 year

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): birth control, period becomes regular, and most important: I can barely feel cramps anymore (it used to be real bad)

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: mood swings few days before period is due, have to remember to take it daily

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: I thought being on the pill would make me gain weight, good thing it hasn't

OTHER INFO: None..being on the pill is a good experience so far

wow..you're the only person I've read of saying BC was a good experience lol

Guest Tofu_Cloud

hey guys i have a question...

i remember someone writing about how a girl died from BCP... i forgot how..

but i know u can get blood clots from bcp

anyways lately i havent been feeling well... i would walk up the stairs in my school and my head feels.. like blood it pumping to my head really hard..and as if my brain feels swelled up and tight at the same time... i took off my hat and my headphones thinking maybe my hat was on too tight but it wasnt..

When i FIRST went to get the BCP i remember the doctor did the blood pressure test and she told me "come back in 4 months because sometimes BCP can higher your blood pressure and its NOT a good thing" well anyways 2 months has passed.. umm... what if 4 months is too late.. like what if something happens too me.... or do u think blood pressure cant rise THAT FAST and im thinking too much, and not feeling so well cuz my hormones are changing.. i have the same symtoms of everyone else "dizzy..kinda nausated" am i thinking too much? should i just wait another 2 more months before i check up with the doctor??

Your advice is much appreciated

anyways lately i havent been feeling well... i would walk up the stairs in my school and my head feels.. like blood it pumping to my head really hard..and as if my brain feels swelled up and tight at the same time... i took off my hat and my headphones thinking maybe my hat was on too tight but it wasnt..

When i FIRST went to get the BCP i remember the doctor did the blood pressure test and she told me "come back in 4 months because sometimes BCP can higher your blood pressure and its NOT a good thing" well anyways 2 months has passed.. umm... what if 4 months is too late.. like what if something happens too me.... or do u think blood pressure cant rise THAT FAST and im thinking too much, and not feeling so well cuz my hormones are changing.. i have the same symtoms of everyone else "dizzy..kinda nausated" am i thinking too much? should i just wait another 2 more months before i check up with the doctor??

Blood clots are rare, higher chances occur as you age.

If you have a problem and you are worried and stressing about it. You need to go to the doctors.

Guest Jamila

I guess I've noticed something a bit similar..after getting through with really light excercise everything seems like it's pumping PRETTY HARD..I did the same excercise before BCP and it wasn't like this before...

the last time I went to the clinic the nurse checked my blood pressure twice because she said it didn't seem right the first time...I hope she knew what she was doing...

I haven't been feeling to well lately either..

if you feel something isn't right, it's better to check than to worry about it constantly

Guest Tofu_Cloud

okay maybe its not blood clots. But it was what i was worried about : High blood pressure

Is it possible to develope it that fast? My clinic is REALLLYYY busy... should i just wait until 4 months pass tho?

Or u suggest i should just see her early to see if my blood pressure got higher??

High blood pressure cant kill u right? just makes u dizzy?

Another thing is i dont really like going there cuz they always give pressure of giving a Pap Test... which im not ready for..... =S

Guest iAM_Vindicated

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: ortho tri-cyclen lo

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: used it for a week and then got off it, now i'm going back on it.

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS: none

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: nausea, anxiety, spotting

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: bigger boobs, clear skin

OTHER INFO: i dont really like birth control pills because they mess with my hormones and mood. also, condoms seem more effective than bc pills. i heard a lot of freak accidents happen with birth control pills. my friend got pregnant while on it.

Guest felinius

okay maybe its not blood clots. But it was what i was worried about : High blood pressure

Is it possible to develope it that fast? My clinic is REALLLYYY busy... should i just wait until 4 months pass tho?

Or u suggest i should just see her early to see if my blood pressure got higher??

High blood pressure cant kill u right? just makes u dizzy?

Another thing is i dont really like going there cuz they always give pressure of giving a Pap Test... which im not ready for..... =S

So you actually got it checked or is it just something that you think you have?

Anyways, high blood pressure can be caused by birth control but you might want to check your family history for anyone with it. So if you haven't actually gotten it checked just go to see any kind of a doctor to get blood pressure done and they can advise you from there.

High blood pressure CAN kill, with either a heart attack, stroke, or other things.

Pap smears are good for you, too, btw. It makes sure that you're in good sexual condition and very quick. Better safe than sorry.

Guest RawrRawr

Birth control : Yaz

I just started two days ago.

I don't know why I'm on it, the OBGYN put me on it after I told her about my situation.

I never had a regular period ever since 6th grade.

I hope this will regulate my period? I don't know why she put me on it, I wanted weight gain pills / appetite stimulants.

I'm not even sexually active anymore.

T___T

Archived