Birth Control

Guest Jamila

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jamila

Birth control : Yaz

I just started two days ago.

I don't know why I'm on it, the OBGYN put me on it after I told her about my situation.

I never had a regular period ever since 6th grade.

I hope this will regulate my period? I don't know why she put me on it, I wanted weight gain pills / appetite stimulants.

I'm not even sexually active anymore.

T___T

lol

she put you on it to regulate your period, and it should do that :)

Guest needlepeople

I'm due to start Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo this Sunday, and I'm feeling a bit apprehensive. It's my first time taking birth control, and I really hope the side effects aren't too bad...especially regarding mood swings and weight gain. But I just wanted to note something my physician told me - birth control pills don't actually cause weight gain, but they do affect appetite, which can lead to weight gain. So if I find my self eating 7 meals a day I guess I'll see her about changing brands :sweatingbullets:

Guest Jamila

I'm due to start Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo this Sunday, and I'm feeling a bit apprehensive. It's my first time taking birth control, and I really hope the side effects aren't too bad...especially regarding mood swings and weight gain. But I just wanted to note something my physician told me - birth control pills don't actually cause weight gain, but they do affect appetite, which can lead to weight gain. So if I find my self eating 7 meals a day I guess I'll see her about changing brands :sweatingbullets:

yeah, I believe that..though I think that varies from woman to woman also..I haven't had an increase in appetite..mine has actually decreased and since I've been on it..I'd lost 10lbs.. :wacko: I was happy with my weight before though..lol.

I actually find it harder to put on weight and keep it on now..

good luck though!

Guest vienna

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: yasmin

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: a weeeek heheh

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): seems to be clearing up my skin

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: none so far..

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: uh, clear up pimples, stabilize my periods less cramps

OTHER INFO: ~

Guest Elysia

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: ortho tri cyclen ;x

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: about a year and a half?

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): acne cleared up a little bit, lighter cramps, i always know exactly what day my period will come (nearly always the same time of day too)

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: weight gain + fresh15 = horror... lol. boobs seem a big bigger, my shirts are tighter (or is that weight gain? eh), i think i'm moodier sometimes,

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: lessen acne!

OTHER INFO: i dunno... i went on these for acne control, didn't really do ALOT though? and i gained a TON of weight, but last yr was also my frosh 15 so i'm not sure. i didn't get weight when i was on this before i went to college, so no idea...

Guest Tofu_Cloud

^ u went on it for acne control? didnt ppl already say DO NOT go on birth control to find results for clear skin?

I'm on BCP and i still get pimples.. thats why its not called Pro activ Pills. Its called Birth control pills.

been on it for almost 3 months. So far i gained 5 pounds.

I've been on BC for around 5 months or so now...so I'll redo my questions I posted

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Ortho Tri-cyclen

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: around 5 months

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): less cramps

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: seems like I have more acne, mood swings, weight loss, nausea (sometimes at random times)

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: clear my skin, make my periods lighter, prevent pregnancy

OTHER INFO: I wish I could try a different brand because I don't really like this one and wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.. O.O

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: TriNessa (generic Ortho Tri Cyclen - same dosage of hormones just different inert ingredients for cheaper price!)

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: 1 week

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): nothing yet

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: mild nausea at first, painful diaphragm/rib area (? might not be related)

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: regulate hormones, clear up skin, relieve cramps and lighten period

• 4 weeks later...
Guest x`aNNiie.

Can anyone on Yaz help me?

Where it said start in green section, i started on a monday and followed the arrows.

And now i finnished the 4th white pill and got my period. I have 5 active pills left?

I thought you finnish the whole pack and then get your period.

I just followed the arrows... and now it has arrows pointing toward

the active pills in the green section. When do i start taking the new pack.

I'm sooo confused.

Guest joongielove

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Ortho Tri-Cyclen

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: Like, 2 weeks lmfao

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): Boobs seem bigger, skin seems to start clearing up ^^

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: nausea, dizziness, short of breath, leg pain (but I think that's due to an underlying cause that I've had for like 3 years hahaha), loss of appetite, moody!!

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: I haven't noticed anything with my period flow yet, because, well, I've been on it two weeks lol. But I do seem to be getting moodier which on top of my already fickle moods is NOT a good thing! My poor boyfriend ;[ Obviously went on it for birth control ahahaha.

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Microgestin Fe 1/20

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: 3.5 months

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): my boobs got bigger-- i went up 1 cup size (from A to B), it happened maybe a week or so into it?, "glowy" and clear skin

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: really bad mood swings/depression, in the beginning i had a lot of headaches and nausea (but don't have those now), started breaking out (but could be attributed to new skincare products i was using at the same time), breakthrough bleeding (in the beginning while I was still getting adjusted to it)

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: prevent birth. haha. make boobs bigger. nicer skin.

OTHER INFO: When I felt really nauseous in the morning after taking my pill, the doctor suggested I start taking the pill at night instead. That helped A LOT. Now I take my pill right before I go to sleep and I haven't felt nauseous since. Also, since I'm cycling (skipping the placebo pills and starting the next pack), I've only gotten my period once since I started which is GREAT. Don't have to deal with cramps, save money on buying tampons, haha. The doctor said as long as I let my period happen every 3-4 months, it's fine.

Guest une_fleur

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Loestrin24

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: Almost a month.

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them):

Lighter periods+ little to no cramps! This was awesome. Also it made my boobs a little firmer.

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS:

I got crazy mood swings my first week. Also I gained some weight my first week as well, but it went away when I worked out more.

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO:

I was told it would improve my cramps, and it did!

But I also thought it would make my boobs bigger/skin clearer as it did for my friends, but it didn't really do either of those.

OTHER INFO:

I'm still a little confused what to do since the time changed lol

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: 2 years

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): Boobs seem bigger, skin seems to start clearing up, lighter periods, less cramps

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: nothing really

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: prevent pregnancy, lighter periods, clearer skin, less cramps

Guest douline

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Daily Gé

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: 2 years I think

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): I don't have cramps anymore (Mines were very painful, I couldn't move from my bed...), lighter and shorter period.

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: nothing ^^

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: Less cramps, regulate hormones and bigger boobs (didn't work on my boobs T-T)

Guest alicimoo

Can anyone on Yaz help me?

Where it said start in green section, i started on a monday and followed the arrows.

And now i finnished the 4th white pill and got my period. I have 5 active pills left?

I thought you finnish the whole pack and then get your period.

I just followed the arrows... and now it has arrows pointing toward

the active pills in the green section. When do i start taking the new pack.

I'm sooo confused.

:mellow: Okay, you started on a Monday. So you take the pills until that whole row is gone, which would be on Sunday. Then you start on the next row and take the first pill on Monday, and finish that row, which would end on Sunday. Then same thing for the 3rd week. For the 4th week, you take the first pill in the 4th row on Monday, second on Tuesday, third on Wednesday, and then you should be starting on the sugar pills/white pills. After you've taken the last white pill (Sunday), then you start a new pack.

The arrows go from the end of one row to the beginning of the next row. I don't get how you have any pills left over (unless you didn't start on the first pill). Just remember to affix the label that says Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat Sun at the top of the pack of pills.

Guest x`aNNiie.

:mellow: Okay, you started on a Monday. So you take the pills until that whole row is gone, which would be on Sunday. Then you start on the next row and take the first pill on Monday, and finish that row, which would end on Sunday. Then same thing for the 3rd week. For the 4th week, you take the first pill in the 4th row on Monday, second on Tuesday, third on Wednesday, and then you should be starting on the sugar pills/white pills. After you've taken the last white pill (Sunday), then you start a new pack.

The arrows go from the end of one row to the beginning of the next row. I don't get how you have any pills left over (unless you didn't start on the first pill). Just remember to affix the label that says Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat Sun at the top of the pack of pills.

thepill.jpg

--- i will delete my post after my questions been answered. I look like i just barged in on the BC thread, .-

Guest supplayarr

sooo my gfs planning on taking birth control so we were wondering if it makes her fatter?

cause shes complaining it does, but I cant really see anything cause shes always sexy to me.

but apparently it is the only thing bothering her from taking it.

also, for the people who said your boobs got bigger, are you sure they did? cause if you read threads like this, you may be psychologically inclined to look for such things and think that they did. iono.

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Micro... something. Combined pill, it's called.

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: 4 months.

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): No babies, lighter periods, bigger boobs =D

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: MOOD SWINGS

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: Stop babies being born, and it has. :D

OTHER INFO: ---

Guest RawrRawr

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Yaz

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: 1 month

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): My period finally came ! YAY !

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: Nausea, moodiness, bad cramps, BLACKHEADS [i never got these before... and all of a sudden WTF ?!]

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: Fix my period .. and it did..

Gotta stay on it a bit longer... I hope I gain weight XD

Archived