Birth Control

Guest Jamila

Guest juicy.couture

I just got on bcp a week ago, so there isn't much that I can contribute. However, I will make an effort to post with my progress/experience in a few months or so.

What I'm wondering...is if there is a specific reason why the majority of soompiers who've posted here are on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo.

When I went to my doctor to get on bcp, she just left it up to me to suggest a brand, and so I just mentioned the only one I remembered--Norinyl 1+35--because one of my friends told me that that was the she was on. And that was the one my doctor put me on. o_O?

Seeing the majority of people on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo makes me want to consider switching my brands... -_-"

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest alicimoo

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb150/M...oto/thepill.jpg

--- i will delete my post after my questions been answered. I look like i just barged in on the BC thread, .-

Whoa, your packaging is so different from mine.

But anyways, when you finish the 4th white pill, just continue following the arrows and finish up the rest of the active pills in the package. When you're done, start on the same place you started on a new package (same MON pill which you started on).

sooo my gfs planning on taking birth control so we were wondering if it makes her fatter?

cause shes complaining it does, but I cant really see anything cause shes always sexy to me.

but apparently it is the only thing bothering her from taking it.

also, for the people who said your boobs got bigger, are you sure they did? cause if you read threads like this, you may be psychologically inclined to look for such things and think that they did. iono.

It really depends on the woman, so no one can really tell her what it'll do. I've actually lost weight since getting onto the pill..Not sure if it's because of the pill specifically but yeah..lol

me too. my doctor recommended alesse. actually she only gave me 2 names, alesse and yaz but said that alesse is more reliable because it's an older brand however i also noticed some alesse posters in her office so i can't help but wonder if she really thinks that it's a good brand or is advertising it for other reasons.

I haven't started yet because my period was suppose to come..1.5 weeks after the doctor's. still waiting =.= question, if i finish all the active pills and my period still doesn't come, should i start on the placebo pills anyways? what if it doesn't come until i'm almost finish the placebo pills? wouldn't it mess everything up?

Usually my period starts around 2 days after I start on the placebo pills. That may not be the case with you, but if you continue taking the pills how you're supposed to your body should get into the correct cycle.

Guest x_candyyy

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: yaz

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: 1 year 1 month

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): very light 4 day periods! noticed after first time taking 4 white pills

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: lost so much weight... like 15 pounds. i weigh 100 lbs now and no matter how much i eat i can't gain weight. i cry a lot on my period.

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: prevent pregnancy, lighter more predictable periods.

OTHER INFO:

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: Ortho-Tricyclen Lo

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: 2 months

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): I know when my period comes, boobs got a little bigger, lighter periods

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: MOODY, little weight gain, cravings...

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: Prevent pregnancy, clear skin, lighter periods, shorter periods (unfortunately, didn't happen for me)

OTHER INFO: I was prescribed this because the doctor I went to starts off with this prescription for almost everyone. Many of my friends are on it... haha

Guest Tofu_Cloud

ok so this is sooo not fair. my boobs got a TINY bit bigger the first month i was on bcp, but i notice the 2nd and third month they shrunk and became the original size again even when i mtaking the pill!!

Was that just a tease? LOL thats unfair especially when i gained 7 pounds :tears:

and my forehead is disgusting!! am i not taking one with high enough hormones?

Guest illusions

sooo my gfs planning on taking birth control so we were wondering if it makes her fatter?

cause shes complaining it does, but I cant really see anything cause shes always sexy to me.

but apparently it is the only thing bothering her from taking it.

also, for the people who said your boobs got bigger, are you sure they did? cause if you read threads like this, you may be psychologically inclined to look for such things and think that they did. iono.

haha the main reason why im debating whether i should go on the pill or not

but i guess the side effects are different for everyone... >.<

Rainbow lotus-- your lucky its only seven pounds >.< my cousin gained like 20 pounds from bc

ok so this is sooo not fair. my boobs got a TINY bit bigger the first month i was on bcp, but i notice the 2nd and third month they shrunk and became the original size again even when i mtaking the pill!!

Was that just a tease? LOL thats unfair especially when i gained 7 pounds :tears:

and my forehead is disgusting!! am i not taking one with high enough hormones?

same happened to me...except I lost weight..after the first week my boobs got a little bigger, then went back to normal...and how they're smaller than they were before starting :( and I wondered the same also about enough hormones..lol :wacko:

I knew my hormones were out of whack before I started BC,,,but I don't really think it's helped that much..*sigh*

this is pretty interesting..cos im considering going on it firstly to be regular! second to help with my acne..but the mood swings and a lot lighter flow and weight gain is a real deterrent

so my question is for those who have gained weight..how much weight did u gain?

Guest Pinksyllibus

I just started BC about a week ago.. so far, I've noticed that I'm a bit moodier, and I get tired SO fast and often. I wonder if anyone else has had this happen to them.. after taking my pill, I get so tired I feel like i'm going to pass out. Good thing I take it before I go to sleep, otherwise I'd have a problem =P

Guest Angel_luvusa

this is pretty interesting..cos im considering going on it firstly to be regular! second to help with my acne..but the mood swings and a lot lighter flow and weight gain is a real deterrent

so my question is for those who have gained weight..how much weight did u gain?

I'm on yaz, and I gained hardly any weight. Before I started it I weighed about 125, and now (four months later) I weigh about 128.

I do feel like I've gotten mood swings since i've started it. I seem to be wayy more emotional.

Guest ichigo_no_powder

my cousin gained like 20 pounds from bc

20??? omg your poor cousin..

I made my bf swear to stop me from eating if he notices a change in eating habits.

• 2 weeks later...

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING: CyEstra-35

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: almost 2 months

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): regulated period

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: nausea, only once though.

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: clear up skin, regulate my period, maybe make it lighter?

Guest lovexfionah

A friend and I both want to go on BCP. We're both 17, and she heard that you can't get BCP until you're 18 in Australia without parental consent. Can anyone confirm this for us ? (We're from Melbourne, incase laws may be different in different states)

BIRTH CONTROL YOU'RE USING:Minulet

HOW LONG YOU'VE BEEN ON BIRTH CONTROL: 3 months

POSITIVE SIDE EFFECTS (and how long it took to notice them): lighter periods, more regular, predictable cycle. less pimples, less aches/pains

NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS: longer period (but lighter), nausea, spotting (onli first month), moodi/emotional phases......

WHAT YOU THOUGHT/HOPED BC COULD/WOULD DO: onli take it for birth control reason...

OTHER INFO: its cheap 25-30 bux for 3 month, no weight gain.

• 4 months later...
Guest joongielove

Just an update~

It's been about...half a year since I started taking them!

Birth Control you're using: Ortho Tri-Cyclen

How long you've been on birth control: Almost 6 months. =]

Positive Side Effects: Acne almost completely gone (though the derm did help with that =P), bigger boobs, 32B to 34B and still growing ^^; )

Negative Side Effects: No energy, moodiness...weight gain. x.x

What you hoped it would do: What it's supposed to do! Prevent babies.

Other comments: Not much, my boobies have grown bigger, and my skin has cleared considerably. =]

Archived