If You Get Into Sm Entertainment....

Guest nestachan

Guest KayrinJJ

weelll it's not exactly what the entertainment company thinks right ?

it's wat the AUDIENCE will.

and to tell you the truth... 90% of the times, ppl get interested in a singer based on the singer's appearance

appearance is first impression ALWAYS !

and if that first impression of the singer's appearance aint all that good....

maayun... that fan would prolley never come back until like... for some reason they do LOL !

you know what i mean ? i know talents count and all but... APPEARANCE is also a MAJOR factor...

so the question isn't really if you get into sm ent.

but it's more like if you get into sm ent, and you wanna be SUCCESSFUL..

that's the key word. the ent company will only make you do plastic if they think it will help your success

they're not gonna go randomly up to you and say, go do plastic T___T or watev

and so... my answer would definitely be yes. i dont think i have much of a choice. if i want success, that is ^^;

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest love_fate&destiny

hmm...

i wanna be all natural.

so no.

personally, i think i have a unique face. i'm not saying that i'm drop dead gorgeous. no, that's not it.

i'm saying that i think i'm the type 'beauty skin deep'.

so all i need to do is lose some weight, to get rid of my baby fat on my neck and cheeks, get ride of my pimples, make my face clean, and get ride of blackheads and stuff. (and i'm sure that in the korean entertainment, there are products that can help me do all of this.)

so i'm not going to get surgery.

seriously. people would be able to tell then. like my family and friends. so i'm not getting it.

and anyways, it actually talent that make it successful.

there ARE singers who aren't that good looking, but they made it because of their voices. (and then later, they just fix themself up. not get plastic surgery.)

so this is what i want to do. be successful cause of my voice and then fix myself up.

Guest happy619

it really doesnt matter because im preatty sure once u have a contract with SM, u have to do what they want and if they want you to have surgery u have to.

• 2 years later...
Guest misskitlee

From my research: They don't force you to have plastic surgery, but they threaten to drop you if you don't.

Would I get plastic surgery if it was mandatory for me to get in the company?

My honest opinion, I know my face has little to no flaws on it (my whole family says I have a girly face and I'm a guy). So the only thing I would get done on my face is probably this tiny mole to the right side of my nose and above the nostril, besides that I don't think anything else is necessary, and if they're paying for it, then why not? Cause plastic surgery is only given to people who look like complete crap (no offence), but SM Entertainment is looking for fresh faces so I doubt they're going to "force" you to get plastic surgery. SM Entertainment has received many critics about how they force artist to get plastic surgery, that's why they raised their expectations for looks by A LOT and they'll probably do EVERYTHING (besides plastic surgery, unless you really need it). Most of the time, if you don't look good enough, they'll just cake you with make-up and I don't have a problem with that. 

But if it was mandatory to get plastic surgery to get in the company? Then I think they'll get sued for having such request, but hey, since it's common, then why not :D

SM Entertainment has a dark side when it comes to this, they'll say stuff like, "You wont debut if you don't get surgery", stuff like that. But that is only if you look hideous.

Besides that, then nothing is to worry about :D 

No.

They can drop me if they want, but I'm not changing my face for anything.

I'm not completely hideous and I've finally become somewhat comfortable on who I am.

They may think otherwise, then that's fine.

I'd even be fine if they say 'you're too ugly to be a solo, we're putting you in a group with prettier people.' LOL

I'd prefer to be judged by musical ability. There are plenty people who don't fit the 'beauty standard' and are still successful.

If I have the chance to become a Kpop singer , I wont hesitate , I 'll do whatever its takes

Yeah, I guess that's what everyone would do, IF it is mandatory (which it wont be anymore). 

it really doesnt matter because im preatty sure once u have a contract with SM, u have to do what they want and if they want you to have surgery u have to.

Lol, you can sue them if they do that, it's against human rights, and that was before, now they've made the "plastic surgery" thing optional, but they'll continually bug you about it until you do it, or they'll threaten you like, "We'll kick you if you don't do it", they'll actually go over the line just to get something done to you.

Most of the time, they'll probably only get you to get a piercing or something.

Guest musicconnect

Just thought I'd share what I've learned...

No company would ever force an artist to get surgery or even pay for the surgery for you. It would be a break down of human rights (and that's for any country). Very tricky, legally, too.

As with most entertainment agencies (in the west and east), they would basically tell you that the facilities are there should you wish to change anything, and they can help with a loan to cover the costs or use a company with a discounted rate.

At the very extreme end, you might be told you have a big nose or sticky ears, but they wouldn't tell you to change it. Legally it would be a mess if they did.

A friend of mine is a singer (in Asia, but not affiliated with SM or based in Korea) and recently had a procedure. His agency gave a loan payment to cover the costs, but only after HE said he wanted the procedure. They expect him to pay the money back via his salary because, legally, they are not allowed to fund such a thing.

Just thought I'd share what I've learned...

No company would ever force an artist to get surgery or even pay for the surgery for you. It would be a break down of human rights (and that's for any country). Very tricky, legally, too.

As with most entertainment agencies (in the west and east), they would basically tell you that the facilities are there should you wish to change anything, and they can help with a loan to cover the costs or use a company with a discounted rate.

At the very extreme end, you might be told you have a big nose or sticky ears, but they wouldn't tell you to change it. Legally it would be a mess if they did.

A friend of mine is a singer (in Asia, but not affiliated with SM or based in Korea) and recently had a procedure. His agency gave a loan payment to cover the costs, but only after HE said he wanted the procedure. They expect him to pay the money back via his salary because, legally, they are not allowed to fun such a thing.

^All I can say is, "0_0" and I agree, it would be in-humane for someone to force another person to get plastic surgery, and I can understand if Asian parents beat and yell at kids but forcing to get surgery if just wrong.

And what shoes do you have? I want them :D

Guest kpoprulz1

hi i am current sm trainee. excuse my poor english

when sm and my parent having a meeting the team leader told us about it

she said if there is any plastic sergery matter it will be a all up to sm's decision not trainee's or parents

i visit dental clinic 1time a week and beauty clinic 2,3times a week so I don't need plastic sergery. 

hi i am current sm trainee. excuse my poor english

when sm and my parent having a meeting the team leader told us about it

she said if there is any plastic sergery matter it will be a all up to sm's decision not trainee's or parents

i visit dental clinic 1time a week and beauty clinic 2,3times a week so I don't need plastic sergery. 

^If you're an SM Entertainment Trainee, wouldn't you not be allowed to post that you're one? And on top of that, wouldn't Lee Soo Man find out that you're telling people that you're an SM Entertainment Trainee? During your trainee times, Lee Soo Man will keep it a secret even from the school you go to, so why would you post that you're one on? If he finds out (that's if you are a trainee) then my friend you're in deep sh-t. 

But yeah, visiting the beauty clinic 2 to 3 times in a week is plenty .__. I think you only need to visit it at least 2 times per week to get a check up on your skin, etc. and you probably wont need to get plastic surgery, and it's true what you said, it's all up to SM Entertainment if you get plastic surgery or not, but if they for you to get it, then it would be in-humane,it would also be against human rights and also against the law.

They'll continually ask you to get it, because they know that if you get annoyed then they'll keep doing it until you do get surgery, or they'll say things like, "We'll kick you out of the company if you don't get plastic surgery." Things like that, but they only say those kind of things, if you're extremely horrible looking (Which I doubt anyone would be, because if you're that horrible looking then you wouldn't even pass the auditions). 

Well...are you a real SM Entertainment Trainee or not? If you're not, stop trying to be one, because you can't get anything out of it, and many of the forum members have a vast amount of information to pick out if you're an SM Entertainment trainee or not .__.

I'm not one of them, but others will sooner or later find out .__. 

Guest kpoprulz1

^If you're an SM Entertainment Trainee, wouldn't you not be allowed to post that you're one? And on top of that, wouldn't Lee Soo Man find out that you're telling people that you're an SM Entertainment Trainee? During your trainee times, Lee Soo Man will keep it a secret even from the school you go to, so why would you post that you're one on? If he finds out (that's if you are a trainee) then my friend you're in deep sh-t. 

But yeah, visiting the beauty clinic 2 to 3 times in a week is plenty .__. I think you only need to visit it at least 2 times per week to get a check up on your skin, etc. and you probably wont need to get plastic surgery, and it's true what you said, it's all up to SM Entertainment if you get plastic surgery or not, but if they for you to get it, then it would be in-humane,it would also be against human rights and also against the law.

They'll continually ask you to get it, because they know that if you get annoyed then they'll keep doing it until you do get surgery, or they'll say things like, "We'll kick you out of the company if you don't get plastic surgery." Things like that, but they only say those kind of things, if you're extremely horrible looking (Which I doubt anyone would be, because if you're that horrible looking then you wouldn't even pass the auditions). 

Well...are you a real SM Entertainment Trainee or not? If you're not, stop trying to be one, because you can't get anything out of it, and many of the forum members have a vast amount of information to pick out if you're an SM Entertainment trainee or not .__.

I'm not one of them, but others will sooner or later find out .__. 

Thank you for your worries but I have no intention to reveal myself so i don't worry too much

Yes I am a sm trainee a current trainee

I don't get to see the boss Lee soo man or non of other trainees do. he is very busy man and he never comes down to b1,1,2floor(training and recording) of the building

he stays mostly in US and we see him at internal presentation day. 

my manager might angry if she finds out but she would't know she is very busy.

if I am not welcomed here I will not write anything in your forum.

one more thing, do not act like you know about SM because you have all out dated information about SM.

bye

Thank you for your worries but I have no intention to reveal myself so i don't worry too much

Yes I am a sm trainee a current trainee

I don't get to see the boss Lee soo man or non of other trainees do. he is very busy man and he never comes down to b1,1,2floor(training and recording) of the building

he stays mostly in US and we see him at internal presentation day. 

my manager might angry if she finds out but she would't know she is very busy.

if I am not welcomed here I will not write anything in your forum.

one more thing, do not act like you know about SM because you have all out dated information about SM.

bye

OK....I'm really starting to think you are a trainee now...but still can't confirm it, btw, I never acted like I know anything about SM Entertainment, I merely started that most of the members of this forum have had many information about the company's past and some of the present, informations' leak my friend, and trust me the leak fast. 

And I never knew Lee Soo Man hangs around the US a lot....I thought he would be working in Korea most of the time.

If you're really an SM Trainee then you should know a lot about the company, because when you get accepted Lee Soo Man (or someone else) would give you a tour around the company accompanied by your parents, so they'll know what's going to happen to you.

And good luck training...

Guest kpoprulz1

OK....I'm really starting to think you are a trainee now...but still can't confirm it, btw, I never acted like I know anything about SM Entertainment, I merely started that most of the members of this forum have had many information about the company's past and some of the present, informations' leak my friend, and trust me the leak fast. 

And I never knew Lee Soo Man hangs around the US a lot....I thought he would be working in Korea most of the time.

If you're really an SM Trainee then you should know a lot about the company, because when you get accepted Lee Soo Man (or someone else) would give you a tour around the company accompanied by your parents, so they'll know what's going to happen to you.

And good luck training...

I am not here to prove I am trainee. so i dont care if you believe me or not

Tour? do you mean showing around?kkk it is only hi to the  staffs and showing the training room and recording room kkkk and our  boss Lee Soo Man never do.  Mangers do the job. Our boss is very busy.  There are so many  other businesses SM do. He even has own wine company :sweatingbullets:  and restaurant. he has so many businee looking after kkkk...  He mostly staying US to have  meeting with music, film industry people or invited from American  universities for speeches.

Dont worry about surgery. some SNSD members did but SM dont like surgery  now. they try pick only trainees dont need plastic surgery and send  trainees to dental clinics and beauty clinics from the start to avoid  or prevent?any possible surgery later.

f(x) members and current trainees didnt do surgeries.

I know it leaks but I think 80% of information are diffrent and out dated

I have to go to school  bye   

Guest ShrimpCrackerrr

I am not here to prove I am trainee. so i dont care if you believe me or not

Tour? do you mean showing around?kkk it is only hi to the  staffs and showing the training room and recording room kkkk and our  boss Lee Soo Man never do.  Mangers do the job. Our boss is very busy.  There are so many  other businesses SM do. He even has own wine company :sweatingbullets:  and restaurant. he has so many businee looking after kkkk...  He mostly staying US to have  meeting with music, film industry people or invited from American  universities for speeches.

Dont worry about surgery. some SNSD members did but SM dont like surgery  now. they try pick only trainees dont need plastic surgery and send  trainees to dental clinics and beauty clinics from the start to avoid  or prevent?any possible surgery later.

f(x) members and current trainees didnt do surgeries.

I know it leaks but I think 80% of information are diffrent and out dated

I have to go to school  bye   

how many non-korean trainees are there? does sm prefer koreans over non-koreans or are they of equal importance to the company now?

how many non-korean trainees are there? does sm prefer koreans over non-koreans or are they of equal importance to the company now?

^I still think they would prefer Asians but since they're trying to expand their company into the Western Community then they would try to get some Western Trainees.

Guest kpoprulz1

Non-Korean? 3 or 4 I am not certain because they come only in vacation time and number maybe increase this time. managers know only This summer vacation we meet all and training together. bye

Guest ShrimpCrackerrr

^I still think they would prefer Asians but since they're trying to expand their company into the Western Community then they would try to get some Western Trainees.

i was talking about non-koreans, not non-asians. i don't think they'll get western trainees even if they try to expand there

Guest kpoprulz1

i was talking about non-koreans, not non-asians. i don't think they'll get western trainees even if they try to expand there

It is only matter of time sm pick western trainees. sm just wants to be careful because there much more things to consider to pick western trainees than asisn trainees. language,cultureal differences,commitment,immigration kind of things.

what they will do from now on will a lot different from what they have done.

bye

Archived