Anime You Thought Was Bad But Then Thought Was Good

Guest knockblock

Guest iced_

OOH yay first on this page XD

I though Naruto was going to be bad but then I started watching it and after I got hooked:)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jaejoongie <3

Twelve Kingdoms: You get some really, REALLY annoying characters in the first bunch of episodes... they redeem themselves a bit, and then get a bit annoying again later on. But the character development and plot are amazing. I especially love the Thousand Leagues of Wind, Sky at Dawn arc. Very good. The world is also quite unique, always a plus in fantasy stories.

in the book all the annoying characters are not in it. they are made up characters adapted into the anime to help show what the book was trying to say. The book is more straight forward. the main character girl actually falls into twelve kingdom ALoNE and she travels alone with only the sword the guide her. :D

you should read it, it's a quick fun read.

ummmmmmm..........................

naruto! :D i thought it was so bad at first, but i got so into it later. XD

Guest thisisthetest

I got a bunch of anime off a friend and he suggested watching lucky star last.

so after i cut thru a few some interesting series i got to lucky star, watched 3 episodes. absolutely hated it with a passion

1 week later i felt like watching the opening scene and watched 4 and then it got more interesting.

now it is one of my favorites =D

Guest chiimin

TRINITY BLOOD.. rofl, i can't even believe i didn't like it when i saw the pictures!!

when i saw tb's manga vol.1 i gave it a try and LOVED IT! i saw the whole anime series too!

it's now like my top5 best animes ever...

• 11 months later...
Guest knockblock

I think I will have to change Eureka Seven and Vampire Knight to the other thread I did that is opposite to this one. If I do would I be fickle?

I'm going to put Clannad in here if it is turning me to change my opinions about it.

Gintama...

okay, because i saw the description it was historical with sci-fi, the genre that i don't like the most.

The artwork cover was really not interesting so i didn't want to watch it even though my friend recommended it to me.

Then, i was bored and tried it, it was okay at first, better than my expectation but gets really awesome as it goes.

As you know more of the characters, you get their humor.

Now, it's gonna be one of my favorite shonen, too funny and also can be touching at times.

Guest Rockette

Hmmm... I'm going to add to my previous post ;D

D-Grayman - I bought the series a long time ago but never watched it, particularly because I was brainwashed by some dumb comments in a forum saying it was a spin-off off Bleach and Full Metal Alchemist (which is an incredible Anime/manga so having a chimerical [lol] series patterned off it would just make it less enjoyable) however I do like to do MY OWN research and pretty much hate the adamant fascists that disseminate throughout the net and decided to watch it. I truly loved it. The character designs, the plotline, the sequencing, the pacing was great. I'm reading the manga too and was pretty disappointed it ended. Okay, people are saying the akuma were like the hollows in Bleach. Really now, the akuma were produced by converting the humans who have lost someone by making the deceased individual take over that person's body as a vessel while completely voiding out the original soul thus the person no longer exists and the process is irreversible. They also said that Exorcists were like the Shinigami, uh... NO. The Exorcists were chosen by the innocence which were chosen by "God" in the series, Bleach was anything but religious. I loved it and will continue to stand up for it. And just like Full Metal Alchemist the storyline and animation was done by a female, I'm really impressed, empowered and inspired by that alone.

Trinity Blood - I think I mentioned in a post before that I highly disliked vampire themed stories. Other than Blood+ which was classic, I didn't like anything else even Karin didn't appeal to me that much and if you siphoned off the fact she was a vampire then it was a typical shoujo-esque storyline that didn't resonate as much. However with Trinity Blood, I think the characters were beautifully drawn, the storyline was great and some of the sequencing was unexpected. I was sad when it discontinued. :(

-Rockette

Guest oneandonlysarang

Bleach! I was never fond of anime with fighting but oh gosh, how I loved Bleach!

THIS . &same with Naruto !

Guest hungrycollegeboy

I gotta add to this list.

Hajime no Ippo - I watched this one last year. The art was kind of outdated so that kind of turned me off at first, but then I keep hearing people talking about how cool it is so I finally gave it a shot and holy crap i finished the first season in a week. The fight scenes were so fluid that you can practically forgive the rest of the animation.

Guest Swtess

One Piece - The artwork threw me off for years till I got bored one day and gotta say, one of the best show ever

Guest ovovoovo

Gintama - when it first came out, I saw the images and thought it was childish. The plot setting in Edo times didn't quite appealed to me. Four years later.. in 2010, I'm watching this and IT'S THE FUNNIEST ANIME. I swear you'll find me cracking up in every episodes!

Cowboy Bebop - I remember looking at this anime a couple of years ago, it didn't really quite appealed to me. I recently watched it this year and it was a masterpiece. WORTH watching it. Spike ftw.

Fushigi Yugi - I thought it was pretty weird when I first watched it, but then the story started to develop and the characters were so unique I just really started liking it :lol:

Fullmetal Alchemist - I'd only seen the characters before, and I thought it looked boring, but then I started watching it and I was just blown away.

FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST

now I wanna kick myself for actually THINKING it was bad haha At first, I was really pesimistic about watching it

and didn't get why people liked watching sime kid with an oversized robot that sounded like a girl -____- But then after finishing

the series, I couldn't get it off my mind -____- and Alchemy really became a new favorite of mine haha :)

exactly!!

Guest ジョイ一♥

It seems a lot of people are saying Eureka Seven and Code Geass. Which i definitely agree with.

Code Geass - While i was scrolling through my anime list, i saw Code Geass and opened a random epsidoe, and thought it was just "another mecha anime". But i ended up watching only the second season "Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion" and although i found it confusing, the ending was good. Looking forward to the next season!

Eureka Seven - stayed up all night watching this with my brother, til 6am :lol: The soundtrack wasn't that bad either. Especially "Sakura".

Gunslinger Girl - Well actually, i didn't have any expectations for this anime but even though it was kind of boring, it seemed to lure me to watch more. Which i ended up doing.

Guest chika_shia

Omg, everyone needs to go watch GINTAMA!!!!!

A couple of months ago I only watched it out of boredom, and it was just okay. I didn't really find it interesting and felt like the episodes were just filler anime episodes. I stopped watching it. But then i decided to give it a try again since it seems like we've been lacking kickass anime, and I FELL IN LOVE WITH IT! At first, the humor's just mediocre but as you progress into the later episodes, it gets SOOO funny! Every episode will have you laughing your richard simmons off, I guarantee it! And there's not a single character I hate. You have the sadist Okita, demon caption/mayo lover hijikata, alien monster Kagura, gorilla Kondo, terrorist Katsura and Elizabeth, otaku Shinpachi, and of course, the lovable, lazy, natural-perm Gin. Haha, i can go on and on about the characters! I swear, the creators are amazingly genius. I bet the voice acters have such a blast with the show.

GINTAMA FTW!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MrsFT

In my case, it was the Wallflower manga I was unsure about reading; the art wasn't all that appealing to my eyes, and the plot didn't interest me all that much. When there was no more other manga to reading the school library, I decided to give it a try, and it has to be one of my favourite mangas now XD The art still isn't that appealing in my eyes, but the storyline is fascinating and the characters are hilarious and lovable in their own ways.

I also had my doubts about Evangelion and Lupin III, mainly because they're pretty oldish and I thought it would therefore be a bit cheesy and such. However I was immediately attracted to the shows' humour, hilarious characters and really interesting plots. They're also both two of my favourite animes now 8D

Guest shun.

definately The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumaiya. i remember watching the first ep at a friends place and throughout the whole thing i just had the "ultra WTF????" look plastered on my face.

but hey,

it turned out pretty good in the end :P

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

I thought the drawings were bad, Zuuko didn't look worthy enough to be the opposing villainous character.

And I always thought "why the HELL would I like a show with a bald child glowing random blue arrows?"

But... omg...

best . anime . EVERRR

Archived