Anime You Thought Was Bad But Then Thought Was Good

Guest knockblock

Guest shortstufflai

One Piece - Only because the first 50 or so episodes were, imo, badly made. But other than that, i freaking fell in love with Luffy & the Strawhat Pirates <3

Bleach - I actually hated the beginning, I think i got up to ep 70 or something and didn't resume watching until 3years later. Now i'm hooked and wait patiently for every wednesday to roll around so I can watch it :D !

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ExpiredRamen

I would have to say Gintama, Kyou Kara Maou and Reborn

Too bad they're so freaking long i don't even..Should've watch them sooner :(

Oh and Gurren Lagann

• 1 month later...
Guest knockblock

I was saying if Clannad turns me to change my opinion about it. It did. After seeing Clannad and Clannad After Story through to the end, I really liked the series.

Before I went through everything it took me a long time to finish with it. There were some parts I found boring prior to episode 10 in season 1. Gave it some time. Came back when I felt ready. Then proceeded to see it through to the end. After Story (the second season), epecially, got very good.

Clannad turns out to be wonderful as I find it. It has times where the show can make you laugh and times to make you feel sad. Many things going for it to be an amazing anime. I'll glady say my thoughts about Clannad changed.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aahhee

um.. lol

my answer straight off the bat would be 'every single one'

but then i'd feel a need to justify that.

every anime i watch is suggested to me by a friend.. and im always overly skeptical about whatever they tell me about an anime... regardless of how hard they're trying to make it sound like it's the best thing to make it to our laptop screens in a bajillion years..

but yesh..

the ones that have surprised me the most are...

full metal alchemist (brotherhood)

and

code geass

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JaneElliot

Two come straight to mind.

Naruto. I thought it was supremely stupid at first, but then I got seriously addicted to it. I got really engrossed in the expanding mythology. I eventually fell back out of love (it's sooo long it outlives its awesomeness and then some) but it did surprise me with its depth.

Fushigi Yuugi. First couple of episodes were really rough. There's lots of fridge logic and the main character's kind of annoying. But I LOVE all the side characters, and they just kept growing on me. Also, the story got kind of dark as it went along, and I liked how the darker elements balenced out the fantasy fluffyness. And I love the theme song. And it's the perfect lenght, not too long and not too short. And the story has lots of twists and turns and suspense but still resolves itself satisfactorily. I think it's underrated.

Guest JaneElliot

Actually it ocurs to me that everything I said above about Naruto also describes my reactions to Sailor Moon perfectly.

Archived