Anime You Thought Was Bad But Then Thought Was Good

Guest knockblock

xxxHolic- I didn't have the slightest plan to watch it because i the drawing kinda bothers me...but then I realized how nice it was after watching episode 1 ^^

Naruto- I thought i't'd be your average action anime with fighting and stuff. but it was not XD

Fushigi yugi- I first watched it when i was sstill a little kid and took no notice of the story before. Then, as years passed I've always thought that it wasnt that great. but then i rewatched it and got hooked :D

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...
Guest knockblock

Katekyo Hitman Reborn has grown on me. I thought I wouldn't be into it but I see some good stuff about the show.

Guest msmilkt

wells, i have a lot to name, because i used to only get stuff to watch off a friend of mine. Since he was a guy he watcheda fair bit of anime and animes that guys would like, so i only got to watch what he gave me, hence i always question on whether the stuff he gives to watch are any good LOL!!!

i`ll just quickly name the ones that have already been mentioned:

Code Geass

Lovely Complex

Full Metal Alchemist

Death Note

ones unmentioned as of yet:

Full Metal Panic: i watched FMA first and this title made me think 'try-hard' but it`s completely different .. but it was also a GREAT series, wished they made a new season, i`d like to see the two mains get together LOL!!

Ouran High School Host Club: peoples are thinkg "ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" lol .. wells, the op started with "kiss kiss fall in love" and i was just thinking, wth did i get myself into. Well, i got myself into something good it seems, this became one of my fav anime of all time

Guest hyeminnie

Full Metal Alchemist- the first episode i caught was when they tried bringing their mother back and she turned out to be this like blob thing with that freaky eye and i immediately changed the channel and never watched it again until like a couple months ago. turns out, it's a freakin awesome show!!! def. one of my top favorites!

Guest miki_chan

Bleach : Well it all started with my sister talking to a friend on the phone, her friend said that she should watch an anime called "Bleach" and that she'll let my sister borrow the CD for it. Originally my sister and I were put off with the action fighting anime, and how it had alot of episodes and such, but we watched the first episode and loved it ever since. I still follow it to this day (:

Guest anmeijo

I use to thought Naruto was gay AS~~~

(because i first saw the dubbed version,,,,ewwww)

then i randomly googled it then got adddicted to it~~~

im not that into it anymore though

also Death Note, and Bleach .... still not sure about bleach~~~

Guest i<3ramen

naruto - thought his voice was incredibly annoying and i thought it was a childish cartoon. but not till i tried watching a sub version then it all changed

hajime no ippo - i thought this was pretty slow at first but then when he actually started fighting i got into it more..watching this just makes me want to uppercut someone lol

cowboy bebop- i honestly thought this was boring until i watched it from the beginning and started to understand what they were doing

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 「Sachiko」

wells, i have a lot to name, because i used to only get stuff to watch off a friend of mine. Since he was a guy he watcheda fair bit of anime and animes that guys would like, so i only got to watch what he gave me, hence i always question on whether the stuff he gives to watch are any good LOL!!!

i`ll just quickly name the ones that have already been mentioned:

Code Geass

Lovely Complex

Full Metal Alchemist

Death Note

ones unmentioned as of yet:

Full Metal Panic: i watched FMA first and this title made me think 'try-hard' but it`s completely different .. but it was also a GREAT series, wished they made a new season, i`d like to see the two mains get together LOL!!

Ouran High School Host Club: peoples are thinkg "ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" lol .. wells, the op started with "kiss kiss fall in love" and i was just thinking, wth did i get myself into. Well, i got myself into something good it seems, this became one of my fav anime of all time

LOL @ Ouran.. THATS WHAT I THOUGHT when I first saw it!! "kiss kiss fall in love!" and I was like "wth" D: OHSHC is now in my top 5 fav. anime (:

Gundam 00 (season 1 & season 2 so far) - never really into the mecha kinda stuff, but after watching Code Geass, I decided to give mecha anime another chance

Guest honey&bits

Katekyo Hitman Reborn My friend showed me some of the manga and I really liked it (although I was a bit hesitant) so I checked out the anime. At first I didn't like Tsuna's idiotness. I was like, are you serious? THIS is the main character?! I then left it for a couple of months then returned to it when i had nothing to watch. As you can see I am now an avid fan :D *points to avatar*

Code Geass I saw it a couple of years ago in Newtype magazine and thought, what a retarded plot. That article in Newtype did the anime no justice at all. I remember complaining about SOOOOOOO much stuff while watching the first couple of episodes (Like the oufits, the ugly mechs, stupid plotholes, ect.). Now I wish there was more code geass :(

Guest HappyExpress

Naruto - I thought it would be bad. I dislike anime that similar to dbz because it's usually boring for me... I always saw my brother watched it until one day I was bored. I eventually get to watched it. And WOW it's awesome!

Here's a few anime that I went in with almost NO expectations of ever loving them... but they proved me wrong =)

Honey and Clover: besides how BORING it looked the first ep, I REALLY loved it. I thought it was kinda meh and the drawings weren't the typical anime style animation... I'm really glad I stuck to it because once you really get into it, the anime is really realistic and totally knows how to make you feel for each individual character =( made me cry several times

Zero no Tsukaima: Haha! I admit it.... I thought this anime would just be another harem, ecchi, girls with boobs type of anime =S I wasn't WRONG, but underneath all that, there is still a really decent story =) The romance is really cute and as much as I hate to admit it, I felt that despite all the stupidity, it's really fun to watch

NANA: I really wasn't too attracted to this title just because it was about two girls and how they had the same name? o_O woot! But after a lot of recommendations, I ended up sticking through with it and I REALLY enjoyed it ^^ It had a lot of drama, romance and simply had a realistic outlook on how rough life is. The only disappointment was the ending? VERY open-ended haha

--xoxo.

TM

Guest Peachy_Pearl

Hikaru No Go - I mean, Go? Yeah, I thought it was going to bore the heck out of me. But surprisingly, it was pretty good. :)

Guest kdclk313

itazura na kiss - hated the way the characters treated each other, but eventually became less of a problem

hataraki man - bored out of my mind the first episode but it got a lot better

lamune - same thing, really boring plot but got better

Guest lauj_geek93

School Days was a weird and bloody anime. my friend told me to not watch it 'cuz it the people was really stupid, then he said that i should watch it 'cuz it was weird. i watched it and got confused because of all the different endings. I mean, there's like 3 different endings. It's a very graphic anime. :huh:

My friend got me hooked on to Naruto. :D

My brother go me into Bleach, but now i've stopped watching it. it was always the same thing over. Someone always get captured then they go save them.

I like Ghost Hunt but no more episodes are coming out, i'm just too lazy to read the manga.

Guest aymei

BECK

At first I didn't like the art/drawing and it was only about music which didn't interest me, but boy did it prove me wrong.

It was a GREAT anime. Romance, comedy, music everything goes well together and I didn't regret watching it one bit.

Archived