Anime You Thought Was Bad But Then Thought Was Good

Guest knockblock

Fushigi Yuugi (Curious Play).

got extremely addicted to it in the past.

got over it when it goes weird in the OVA and part 2.

confusing, really.

oh well...I'll move on.

Hotohori is MINE.

LOL.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my ex-bf tried to get me to watch naruto and bleach back then. i refused. i even threw away the CDs of the anime that he burned for me. couple days later.. i forgot what happened during this timeframe.. but i wanted to watch it ;_; and now i've been watching both for 4 years :D

Guest love_fate&destiny

okay, let's see.

this was the first anime i ever saw...wait, no, scratch that. probably the second. but anyways, when i first watching anime, i was like, excited, cause i heard about it but never seen anime before. (i know, weird, eh? LOL.)

Anyways, Prince of Tennis. my first anime. at the name, i thought, wow, it's gonna be dumb. i mean, tennis? what the heck? but as i watched on, it got pretty good. i love the main character ryoma and it's hilarious. :)

Vandread: I didn't think i was going to like it cause it's a space anime, meaning a anime that takes place in outer space and stuff. And the art was okay but i wasn't really up to it. but i tried it and i was immediately capture by the first episode. the plot is very good and i finished the whole 2 seasons. I wished i owned the anime though. It wasn't mine but my sister's anime club.

anyways, yes, Naruto. my sister told me she heard people said it's good but i took one look at it, at the art and stuff, and i was like, 'yeah right.' but then we had nothing to watch, so we tried it out and i absolutely LOVE THE FIRST EPISODE. I still like Naruto but not as much as i used to.

and yes, Bleach. Once again, my sister told me about this anime. she showed me a picture of Ichigo holding his sword. at the time, I was not into action anime okay? so i was like, yeah, yeah, i'm not going to watch that. but now i like it. :)

yes, somebody reminded me. Code Geass. It looked dumb but the plot development is amazing and the characters and art is beautiful. Lots of drama, it seems but it's really good, get you hook up.

Death note. Yes, definetly this one. I didn't like death note cause the anime...didn't have much light. and it didn't seemed to be a nice type of anime you know? I mean, hello! Kira killing people! not the most happy anime i've seen. anyways, i learn to love it because the way they solve things, the twists and turns, just like Code Geass, it's really good. But i gotta get back to it. I stopped watching it for a while, being busy with something. i'm trying to finish it now.

anyways, there's probably more animes that i thought was bad was actually good, but i don't excately remember right now so...yeah.

this is my list.

yes! Samurai Champloo too! really, it was the weirdest anime i've ever seen. :) but it's pretty cool. (now, i just need to finish it. i seen a lot of animes that i need to finish it.)

Guest soo_jin

Friends 1-3

At first I didn't want to read it coz the drawing was so bad... ewww... :wacko:

I prefer read mangas w/ beautiful drawing though :sweatingbullets:

But, since my friend told me that the story was so good, I started to read it then... Well, my friend was right... The story was so good eventhough the drawing was not so good enough... :)

I even cried when I read it... Really like this kinda friendship story... Good... Good... ;)B)

Guest yowzatheman

The Last Exile. i didn't watch it at first solely because i really didn't like the character art, but then i got bored one summer and started watching it since i had no other anime on me. it was then i realized it WAS SO FREAKING GOOD.

Guest knockblock

Eyeshield 21

The characters looked all wacky and the show looked like it was gonna be too colorful for me. I picked it up one day and found myself laughing through each hysterical episode.

Is that the anime where the characters play football? I tried just one 1 episode of it. I can't say I have seen too much of Eyeshield 21 because of the lack of access I got to it.

kenichi or also known as world strongest disciple (or something close to that)

i think its a bit older? but not that old. at first i was like... this is ehh but the more i watched it, it got interesting and enjoyable. :)

I've heard about this series. Thinking of seeing this someday. What is it like?

Guest Clu3less

naruto - everyone was raving about it so i downloaded it. the first few minutes didnt grab my attention so i stopped watching then a few months later i decided to give it another chance and i was hooked on it. but now it's dragging out way too much, lol i just read the manga now.

code geass - i saw parts of it on cartoon network when i was channel surfing and it didnt seem that great. but when it was randomly on one late night and i actually sat through a whole episode it looked interesting and watched all of it in a span of a few days.

samurai champloo - i thought it was weird when i first started watching it, but then its quirckyness was pretty interesting and enjoyable.

Guest HeartOnHerSleeve

I don't watch a lot of anime but I really love the ones I do watch and like.

When I was a kid, I was OBSESSED with Sailor Moon (weren't we all?) but now that I'm a bit older (from 6 years old to 16 XD), I thought it was really dumb. Well I just read the manga (and rewatched some old episodes), I'm in love with it again. I forgot about how romantic and cute it was.

Guest yunshin_*

Lol, Naruto and Fushigi Yuugi.

Everyone used to go crazy over those two (well only my girl friends for the latter), but they turned out okay for me. :) Except the Shippuuden Era is more interesting for me for Naruto. o_o. As fir Fushigi Yuugi, the Genbu part thats still currently being developed is more interesting than the first part with Miaka and Yui. :sweatingbullets:

Guest i3lu3fun

haha, i never really into those fighting-action kind of anime (except for Dragonball) until a friend of mine telling me how good this one particular anime was, but the when she started telling me "it's about a guy who can see spirit.. yada yada.. a girl from another world come into this world.. yada yada.. he get some kind of power to fight this really ugly creature". dang, it gives me headache listening to her telling me the story and it sounded boring to me. So i decided not to watch the show. but, few months later i was borrowed some cds from a friend and i saw one of the disc labeled as "BLEACH". I thought the title sound interesting so i decided to give it a try and i instantly fell in love with the show. I watch all 25 episodes in one night and found myself calling her the next morning asking for more.

Prince of Tennis...

I used to think like "Eee... sports anime, probably boring. What kind of plot would revolve around tennis?" (Even though I love playing&watching tennis xD) Then my crazy PoT friends pulled me into watching it and afterward I fell in love with tenipuri. The characters are amazing and I love all their hilarity and tennis matches.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but...

Full Metal Alchemist

I hated the opening and the first couple of episodes just didn't draw me in. It wasn't until a year after the first episode was subbed that I actually spent the time to watch it. How sad! It's one of my favorite shows even now.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived