Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Star-studded lineup set for Disney+ in coming months

By Lee Gyu-lee\

Disney+ has unveiled an exciting array of upcoming titles set to premiere on the platform later this year, promising a mix of science fiction, action and drama.

Other notable mentions include A-lister-led "Trigger" with Kim Hye-soo, "Red Swan" featuring Jung Ji-hoon and "Gangnam B-Side" starring Ji Chang-wook, all scheduled for release later this year.

The melodrama thriller “Red Swan” revolves around a former golfer, Oh Wan-soo (Kim Ha-neul), who joins hands with her bodyguard, Seo Do-yoon (Jung) to uncover a dark secret of the rich family she married into. The series is directed by Park Hong-gyoon, who previously made the 2011 hit rom-com series “The Greatest Love.”

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : Korea Times

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2024/03/688_370554.html

*** RAIN pretends to be someone else by wearing mask and baseball cap with face fully-covered and raids  1MILLION Dance Studio! At the end, all the students screamed after seeing him when he took off the mask and his cap.   :Megalol:

credit : Rain Cloud Taiwan

*** I felt sad & bad reading this news : Famous actor Lee Bum Soo divorced his wife after 14 years of marriage -  His wife Lee Yoon-jin, a professional Korean-English interpreter was RAIN 2nd teacher/tutor for his English . She started teaching him  with his U.S. debut then only 100 days away. He did not have enough time to learn English step by step. So her teaching was focused on how to deliver ‘key messages’ in English during interviews in US.  :kitty:

K-Dramas In Real Life: 5+ Celebrity Couples That Will Make You Believe In Love Again

They’ve been together for many years!

While Hollywood is known to have many failed relationships, and in recent years, more and more couples, even in the Korean entertainment industry, have broken up, a few will make you believe the love we see in K-Dramas is real. Here are 5+ Korean celebrity couples that are still going strong after many years…

9. Kim Tae Hee & Rain

Beloved K-Drama actress Kim Tae Hee began dating popular singer-actor Rain (also known as Jung Ji Hoon) in September 2012 before marrying on January 19, 2017. They have been together for twelve years and now have two children together.

EZL0YwiU8AEQ36-.jpg

source : Koreaboo

*** Fullhouse never aged. I love it, it's amazing! I've watched it several times.    :kitty:

Here are 6 other Rags-to-Riches K-Drama series to Watch

“Queen of Tears” has quickly become a sensation, featuring stellar performances by actors Kim Soo Hyun and Kim Ji Won. The series masterfully navigates the delicate process of repairing a failing relationship, eliciting a rollercoaster of emotions from its audience. Its powerful storytelling has viewers eagerly seeking more tales of personal transformation and redemption. Below are six rags-to-riches K-drama series that promise similar captivating narratives.

“Full House”

The story of Han Ji Eun, swindled by her friends and struggling to reclaim her father's house, unfolds into a heartwarming enemies-to-lovers narrative with Lee Yeong Jae, the celebrity who now owns her home. Their relationship delivers laughter, romance, and transformative growth.

source : https://www.allkpop.com/article/2024/03/queen-of-tears-isnt-enough-here-are-6-other-rags-to-riches-k-drama-series-to-watch

*** Baekban usually refers to the 'Korean meal served with rice, soup and various side dishes'. Some people call it a 'home-style meal' or sometimes 'comfort food.   :ohboy2:

Baekban restaurant in Cheongdam introduced by RAIN who's a 20-year Cheongdam resident ㅣSeason B Season 4 EP.23

credit : Rain Cloud Taiwan

*** In the latest video uploaded on Rain's YouTube channel, Season B Season, Rain took fans to the neighborhood where the old JYP Entertainment company building was located. On this day, he went around the neighborhood reminiscing about the old days when he was a trainee and JYPE and made his debut two decades ago. In particular, Rain also sat down at a cafe for a deep conversation about the future of his career.  Rain opened up his candid thoughts and shared, "I've been having these thoughts lately, 'Am I following with the current times? Or has it come to the time that I need to end things? I'm very thankful to be a celebrity but I ask myself, 'I am working hard to meet the standards?' This is what I feel. Of course, I'm working hard but I sometimes think 'There are so many other (celebrities) that people could watch. I seldomly think 'Do I need to be active?' these days."  The producers comforted Rain and explained, "They say Park Ji Sung (famous Korean soccer player) pushed his body to the limit during his prime, which is why he can't play soccer anymore. It might be that same feeling because you ran too fast (in your prime) and you're going a bit slower now." The staff also added, "Shouldn't you continue with activities like J.Y. Park?" to which Rain responded, "I don't think I can match Jin Young hyung's passion," making everyone laugh. After watching the video, I wish he's happy. It's understandable to feel insecure and anxious. He should act more .. he's good at it .... I definitely still want to see a lot more of him on my screen. His name will always have a large value but the talent and competition today is so high. He's not an idol anymore though. He already had everything.   :smooches3:

1711748892-header-photo.jpg

source : allkpop

"I've Been Wondering If It's Time for Me to Step Aside" RAIN Is Thinking about Retiring?

201913425_1280.webp

Singer/actor RAIN revealed that he has been thinking about retiring. RAIN released a new episode of his YouTube show 'Season B Season' on March 28. The video showed RAIN visiting Cheongdam-dong, Seoul, to check out the building that used to be the headquarters of JYP Entertainment, the agency where he was trained and made his debut as a singer. After walking around the neighborhood, Rain went to a diner that had been his go-to during his trainee days. The singer recalled when he was a 19-year-old trainee and said, "I occasionally had to go without meals at the time because money was tight." "But since I signed a contract with the company as a singer, they started to cover my meal expenses. I had three meals every day from then.", he stated.

201913422_700.webp

RAINDuring the episode, RAIN went to a coffee place with the show's producer and shared his recent thoughts about retirement. "I've recently been wondering if my career is still going or if it's time to step aside. I'm grateful for this job, but I can't help but wonder if I'm doing the right thing. I mean, I'm not sure if me being active in the industry is still necessary when there are so many other stars.", RAIN expressed.

201913424_700.webp

Upon hearing this, the producer remarked, "I heard that former professional footballer Park Ji-sung can't play soccer anymore due to his physical condition. He wore out his knee cartilage during his prime." "All these years, you have been pushing yourself to full speed, but now you are moving slower. Maybe you're feeling that way because you're having a hard time adjusting to this pace.", he told RAIN. "You have to keep it going just like J.Y. Park does, don't you think?", the producer added, which got RAIN quickly reply that he could never match the level of passion the head producer of JYP Entertainment possesses, resulting in a lighthearted moment.

Spoiler

201913423_700.webp

Meanwhile, RAIN debuted as a K-pop boy group 'Fanclub' member in 1998 and later re-debuted as a solo artist in 2002. He rose to stardom as his solo debut song 'Bad Man' caught the public's attention; the singer released several other hits songs like 'How to Avoid the Sun' 'It's Raining', and 'Rainism'. RAIN also made his acting debut in KBS' drama, 'Sang Doo! Let's Go to School' and showed his talent in acting.

source : SBS Star

*** RAIN posted this yesterday with the caption, -"#goodnews" -  I'm curious what this is all about. An album.....concert????? Or about his upcoming drama.   :kaching3:

Translation :

Hello, this is Jung Ji-hoon. I have news for you. I'll deliver the news at 12 noon on Monday.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5upwI3R6ei/?hl=en

435671166_832662068890904_70872926644789

*** RAIN posted this 41-minutes ago with the caption, -   :blush:

"Hello everyone, this is Rain. It's been a while since I held a solo concert. I'm thrilled to announce my solo concert in Korea.  Now, it will be full of dancing.《2024 RAIN CONCERT : STILL RAINING - SEOUL》 2024.06.08 (Sat) 6PM - 06.09 (Sun) 5PM. This will be held in Olympic Park Olympic Hall. Tickets will be available for sale on April 17th. ʀ ᴜ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ? Get ready for an unforgettable experience because I'll be pouring my heart and soul into every aspect of the show, from vocals to choreography. I'm booking a hospital appointment after the show. 🤣 Can't wait to see you all there!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5xFnciCLn5/?hl=en

435717905_833334438823667_29728224492966