Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

*** I'm happy that RAIN has an upcoming drama. I missed his acting & I am glad he is back. :blush:

********************************************************************************************

Rain cast as lead in the upcoming drama series 'Ghost Doctor'

1615947132-akr20210317038400005-01-i-p4.

Rain will be making his comeback to the small screen soon as an actor, through a new drama.

On March 17th, Rain's label Sublime Artist Agency confirmed that rain has been cast as a lead in the upcoming drama series 'Ghost Doctor'. The drama revolves around the two doctors who are the complete opposite of each other. Rain will be playing a role of a genius but selfish and arrogant doctor Cha Young Min.

This will mark Rain's first new drama in approximately two years since MBC's 'Welcome 2 Life' in 2019. 'Ghost Doctor' is set to premiere sometime in the second half of 2021.

source : allkpop

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/03/rain-cast-as-lead-in-the-upcoming-drama-series-ghost-doctor

Rain Holds back Tears as He Talks about His Past Hard Times, Living in Poverty and Not Being Able to Hold a Proper Funeral for His Late Mother

large_7f3aed3808eafe9c8884cff5fd9a08c9f9

Rain struggled a lot.

The singer/actor opened up about the topic during his guest appearance on the March 11th episode of 'Sumi Mountain Range' (literal title). MC Sumi first commented, "You are now wealthy, have a family and a daughter who looks like a princess. I think you don't have any concerns, do you?"

1615869256860-1615869256860.png

Image Source: KBS2

To the question, Rain answered in somewhat a saddening tone. He said, "I don't have concerns but I feel the empty space that my mother has passed away. I was only 19 years old when my mother passed away due to diabetic complications. No matter how happy I am, there's an empty space that no one can fill like a mom's love."

He went on, "Several days before she passed away was her birthday. I made her seaweed soup. She was unable to eat anything but she ate the soup that I'd cooked deliciously. Just like that, couples day after that day, she passed away."

1615869287254-1615869287254.png

Image Source: KBS2

Rain continued to reveal, "Because I had no money, I could not hold a proper funeral for her. Because I had no money, there were times when my dongsaeng didn't eat anything." While opening about his story, it could be clearly seen that Rain was holding back his tears.

He then concluded, "I think I can overcome any hardships now. Hardships are not hard for me."

Thumbnail Credit: KBS2, NYLON

source : Kstarlive

https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2021/03/16/rain-holds-back-tears-as-he-talks-about-his-past-hard-times-living-in-poverty-and-not-being-able-to-hold-a-proper-funeral-for-his-late-mother-390355

Kim Taehee to Appear on Debut MV for Upcoming Boy Group Ciipher Produced by Husband Rain

large_e31763aafaff00788ea613dc0430babbc0

Kim Taehee is making a special appearance on boy group Ciipher's debut music video.

According to an exclusive report on March 15th, Kim Taehee has been confirmed to appear on the new boy group Ciipher's debut MV. As you might know, Ciipher is the new boy group produced by Rain, which is set to debut later today with their title track 'I Like You.'

1615778364979-0.jpg

Image Source: STORY J Company

It is said that the concept of the music video will be the members appealing themselves while watching an actress on TV—Kim Taehee will appear as the actress. She will make a short yet intense impression in the MV.

1615778115619-1615778115619.png

Image Source: RAIN Company

While waiting for the full release later today, check out the teaser for 'I Like You' below!

Source: [Youtube] 1theK (원더케이)

Thumbnail Credit: STORY J Company, 1st Look

https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2021/03/15/kim-taehee-to-appear-on-debut-mv-for-upcoming-boy-group-ciipher-produced-by-husband-rain-390326

Rain Will Return as an Actor with New Ghost Medical Drama

409650_518419_0411.jpeg

Rain will be on the new drama Ghost Doctor (literal title).

Ghost Doctor is a ghost medical drama. It centers around the two doctors who could not be more different in terms of skills and personalities. But with the “accidental spirit possession,” their souls and bodies merge into one.

Rain officially joined the project today and announced his return to the small screen. Ghost Doctor draws a heart-warming story of ghost doctors that can’t leave the hospital or the patients even after their deaths.

Rain will play Cha Young Min, a selfish and arrogant genius doctor with mad skills. As he gets caught up in an unexpected incident one day, he plays a character possessed by another doctor.

It will be his first new drama in two years. He last starred in the 2019 drama Welcome 2 Life and received favorable reviews.

The drama will be produced by Bon Factory, which has successfully helmed outstanding K-dramas like You’re Beautiful, The Master’s Sun, What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim, and Encounter.

Meanwhile, Jang Ok Jung and The Heirs director Boo Sung Chul and Live Up to Your Name screenwriter Kim Sun Soo will join hands for the drama. They plan to start the production to unveil it in the second half of this year.

source : http://www.spotvnews.co.kr/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=409650&sc_code=1423440847&page=&total=

[SBS Star] RAIN Shares Why Kim Tae-hee Was the Perfect Fit to Feature in Ciipher's Debut MV

201530239_1280.jpg

Singer RAIN shared why he thought his wife actress Kim Tae-hee was the perfect one to be in rookie group Ciipher's debut music video. On March 15, a debut press conference for Ciipher was held in Spigen Hall, Gangnam-gu, Seoul. Ciipher is a 7-member K-pop boy group produced by RAIN; it is RAIN's first K-pop group that he has ever produced.

201530238_1280.jpg

During the press conference, the members of Ciipher spoke about Kim Tae-hee appearing in their music video 'An Ggulyeo'. WON said, "I'm really thankful that Kim Tae-hee joined our music video. I believe the music video came out better all thanks to her." TAG also commented, "'An Ggulyeo' is a song that a guy trying to show the best side of himself to earn love from a girl he has feelings for." He continued, "I thought if a beautiful person comes out in the music video, it would go with the song well. And Kim Tae-hee is someone you think of when talking about a beautiful person."

Then, RAIN said, "The members of Ciipher suggested an idea of having a gorgeous actress in their music video. They were considering the lyrics of the song." The singer resumed, "Well, there is one gorgeous actress by my side. So, I got her to listen to Ciipher's song." He added, "I continuously talked about Ciipher to her, and told her what things they could do. I would like to thank her for making a cameo appearance." Ciipher released the music video for 'An Ggulyeo' on March 15 at 6PM KST.

(Credit= Coupang, 'rain_ciipher' Twitter, 'Ciipher Official' YouTube)

(SBS Star)

Rain Returns to Acting, Confirmed to Star in Fantasy Medical Drama 'The Ghost Doctor'

Rain will be seen as a skilled doctor with supernatural power of dealing with spirits in the drama 'The Ghost Doctor.'

South Korean actor Jung Ji Hoon, popularly known as Rain, is returning to acting after two years. Rain is confirmed to star in the new fantasy medical drama The Ghost Doctor. He will play the role of Cha Young Min, a doctor with supernatural powers. Rain's previous drama was Welcome 2 Life in 2019.

Rain is the first actor to be confirmed as the lead cast in the drama. The Ghost Doctor is the mix of medical genre with the subject of ghosts or spirits. The story is about two doctors combining their professional skills with their special abilities of dealing with spirits.

rain.jpg?w=720

'The Ghost Doctor'

Boo Sung Chul of The Heirs fame will direct The Ghost Doctor. The drama is being written by Kim Sun Soo of Live Up To Your Name fame. Bon Factory is producing the drama. The production house is known for giving hit dramas including Park Seo Joon starrer She Was Pretty, Park Min Young starrer What's Wrong With Secretary Kim and Song Hye Kyo starrer Encounter. Medical drama The Ghost Doctor is expected to go on air in the second half of 2021.

Rain is making constant headlines these days with the news of launching Ciipher, a new boy band, through his Rain Company. Rain who is a well-known singer is also a popular actor, has starred in a number of Hollywood movies too.

Rain's Hollywood Journey

Rain's Hollywood journey started with Speed Racer in 2008, where he played the role of racer Taejo Togokahn. Then Rain bagged lead role in the movie Ninja Assassin. He also acted in the movie The Prince also starring Bruce Wills, Jason Patric and John Cusack.

Rain is also successful in China. He starred in the Chinese romance film For Love Or Money opposite Liu Yifei. He played the lead role in the Chinese dramas Diamond Lover and Endless August.

He debuted with KBS drama, Sang Doo! Let's Go To School in 2003. But the drama that gave him name, fame with rating of 42.7 percent, was Full House where he acted opposite Song Hye Kyo. Rain's Korean dramas include A Love To Kill, My Lovely Girl, Please Come Back, Mister, Sketch, and Welcome 2 Life. Rain was cast in the movie Uhm Bok Dong where he played the role of real-life cyclist hero Uhm Bok Dong alongside Kang So Ra.

credit : https://www.ibtimes.sg/rain-returns-acting-confirmed-star-fantasy-medical-drama-ghost-doctor-56229

Cypher's M/V BTS and filming site 

credit : Rain Cloud Thailand

__________________________________________________________________________________

RAIN on TikTok

https://web.facebook.com/RainsCloudThailand/videos/269141728005587/

RAIN with the staff of a Thai restaurant

160070075_3791457164280197_4025096060160

__________________________________________________________________________________

*** RAIN posted this 2-days ago with a caption - "Oh Thank you #1 on the MV chart" - Congratulations! :glasses:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMeiycUhX_8/?igshid=14rx497qehco4&utm_source=fb_www_attr

________________________________________________________________________________

*** RAIN posted this 3-days ago with a caption - "Tonight, 6 o'clock music release#ciipher# Thank you for the sale of the first album" -  :kisslevel:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMeQ1y8hLVU/

*** Ha............... even in Japan...  :ohboy2:

https://web.facebook.com/100010685654792/videos/1331957250503784/

RAIN’s “Magnetic” Shark Dance

https://web.facebook.com/raincloudworld/videos/728501684493079/

[CLOUD FANCLUB ONLY] Rain - 迷你专辑 [PIECES by RAIN]

GD00052899.default.1.jpg

source : https://www.ktown4u.cn/iteminfo?grp_no=1741898&goods_no=53235&fanc_goods_no=54933

*** RAIN posted this clip yesterday with a caption -"Unboxing the album of Ciipher" - You can see the wonderful feeling of achievement in his face. Rain and CIIPHER FIGHTING! :glee:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMhD0BMhvoe/

___________________________________________________________________________________

*** RAIN posted this clip just 58-min ago with a caption - "#Thank you Hyo-ri Lee"  :getmygrooveon:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMl8K2iBQRs/

Rain stars in upcoming drama series Ghost Doctor

His first new drama in about two years

rain-2.png

Seoul — Rain is making a comeback to the small screen as an actor in an upcoming drama. His label, Sublime Artist Agency, confirmed on March 17 that Rain has been cast as a lead in the upcoming drama series Ghost Doctor. The drama is about two doctors who are the complete opposite of each other. Allkpop reports that Rain will play Cha Young Min, a genius but selfish and arrogant doctor.

Ghost Doctor is Rain’s first new drama in about two years since MBC’s Welcome 2 Life in 2019. The drama is set to premiere sometime in the second half of 2021.

Born on June 25, 1982, Jung Ji-hoon, better known by his stage name Rain, is a South Korean singer-songwriter, actor, and music producer.

Rain’s musical career includes seven albums (six Korean, one Japanese), 28 singles and numerous concert tours around the world. He achieved breakthrough success with his third Korean album, It’s Raining (2004), which spawned the number one single of the same name. The album sold a million copies in Asia and established Rain as an international star.

rain_oppa-2.png

Rain made his acting debut in the 2003 drama Sang Doo! Let’s Go To School. His lead role in the pan-Asia hit drama Full House (2004) established his status as a Hallyu star. In 2008, Rain made his Hollywood debut in the film Speed Racer and starred in Ninja Assassin (2009), which made him the first Korean to win an MTV award.

Rain had set up his own company twice, the first being J. Tune Entertainment in 2007, and R.A.I.N. Company in 2015.

Rain was born as Jung Ji-hoon on June 25, 1982, in Seosan, South Korea. His mother died in December 2000 as she struggled with diabetes. In the same year, Rain was recruited as a trainee for JYP Entertainment, led by recording artist and producer Park Jin-young. In a CNN interview and also in a Discovery Channel documentary called Discovering Hip Korea, he recalled being repeatedly rejected because of his looks: “In fact, I was told after one audition that my singing and dancing was great but I did not make it because I did not have double eyelids.” He was eventually recruited into JYP Entertainment, as Park Jin-young saw his drive and persistence. During his early years of training, Rain was a backup dancer./TISGFollow us on Social Media.

credit : https://theindependent.sg/rain-stars-in-upcoming-drama-series-ghost-doctor/

Lee Hyori Supports Rain by Helping His New Boy Group Ciipher

51031f0db6d9d9c835913153f126c0b2716201b1

Lee Hyori will show her support for the new rookie boy group Ciipher.

According to OSEN, Lee Hyori recently left her nest in Jeju Island. She reportedly came to Seoul to shoot a YouTube content with Rain and Ciipher.

She participated in the dance challenge for Ciipher’s debut song, “I like you.” She also completed an all-time collaboration with the boys as a senior singer.

hangout_with_yoo_101024840_2862743292140

Last year, Rain and Lee Hyori showed off their chemistry when they teamed up as SSAK3, Hangout with Yoo’s project group. What will the two show in their collaboration with Ciipher?

Meanwhile, Ciipher is a new idol group produced by Rain. They recently debuted with the song “I like you.” Especially, Rain’s wife Kim Tae Ri made a special appearance in the music video, making headlines,

source : https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20210319110740705

*** RAIN at the video chat with Chinese fans. They all had a great time. The photos are from weibo.  :sweet:

162288879_3803662966392950_6754451736342

161577611_3803663049726275_6776472658786

162130533_3803663113059602_2804601020544

Spoiler

162066271_3803663193059594_3768496156341

161360208_3803663253059588_5054948105888

162729122_3803663326392914_7054973370541

161751679_3803663379726242_6466408670191

162854475_3803663436392903_8326188140232

162044801_3803663506392896_5053406678046

161966396_3803663559726224_7714506128785

credit : Raincloud10

RAIN with Super Junior

https://web.facebook.com/AppleEnews/videos/3756069507840136/

credit : Rain Cloud Taiwan

RAIN on TikTok with ATEEZ’s Yunho

https://web.facebook.com/biwithrain.cloudtaiwan/videos/919503632136532/

credit : Rain Cloud Taiwan

*** For Taiwanese fans, you can buy RAIN's "Pieces" & Ciipher's albums on this site :Pandabulous:

http://www.5music.com.tw/

Watch: Lee Hyori And ATEEZ’s Yunho Dance With Rain To His New Boy Group Ciipher’s Debut Song

5ab94752e5b349f199e10f577f9030f5.jpeg?s=

Rain recruited Lee Hyori and ATEEZ’s Yunho to dance with him to Ciipher’s debut track!

Earlier this week, Rain Company’s new boy group Ciipher made their debut with the song “I like you.”

On March 20, Ciipher shared a cute video of Rain and ATEEZ’s Yunho playfully dancing together to the song on their official TikTok account. (Rain previously met ATEEZ on the Rain-themed special of KBS’s “Immortal Songs,” where they impressed the singer with their cover of his hit “It’s Raining” and were ultimately crowned the final winner.)

Rain also took to his own Instagram account to share a video of Lee Hyori dancing and singing to the song with him—before making a pun by jokingly ordering him to kneel (the Korean word for “kneel” sounds like the Korean title of Ciipher’s song). He added in the caption, “Thank you, Lee Hyori.”

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CMl8K2iBQRs/?utm_source=ig_embed

Watch “Immortal Songs” with English subtitles below!

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

After two years Rain will perform in the new drama "Ghost Doctor" as a genius but selfish and arrogant doctor

16111498949072aaa9adaa85c458299996313639

Rain is successful for both his personal life and career. In addition to having a happy family, he is also very active in his career. In returning to the music scene recently, he announced that he will star in a new drama. After two years of not doing any drama, we are very much looking forward to what this time he will bring to his new work!

phpfBeiTl-sm.jpg?v=1616040628

After his performance from MBC's "Welcome 2 Life" in 2019, it has been reported that Rain is about to take over the new TV series "Ghost Doctor". Rain will play a genius medical doctor Cha Young Min in the show. Although he is a genius, he is a doctor with supernatural powers. The story is about two doctors combining their professional skills with their special abilities of dealing with spirits.

The "Ghost Doctor" will be directed by Boo Sung Chul of The Heirs. and written by Kim Sun Soo of Live Up To Your Name. It is currently in preparation and is expected to be broadcast in the second half of the year! 

source : https://www.mtv.com.tw/news/newsdetail/7791

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

韓語新聞

睽違兩年!Rain將演出新劇《Ghost Doctor》飾演冷酷醫生回歸

感情事業兩得意的Rain,除了擁有幸福的家庭,事業上也相當積極,近日除了在樂壇回歸,又宣布將出演新劇,睽違兩年接拍新劇,非常讓人期待這次會將帶來什麼樣的新作!

自從2019年演出MBC的《Welcome 2 Life》之後,又傳出Rain即將接演新的電視劇《Ghost Doctor》,Rain將在劇中飾演一名擁有天才醫術的醫生車英民,雖然是天才但性格冷酷的醫生。但他遇上意外後,卻跟另一位跟他性格、實力和背景也截然不同的醫生出現交換靈魂,並且跟在過世後仍然逗留在醫院不肯離開的患者們,

一起展開的奇幻故事。

《Ghost Doctor》劇集是由《繼承者們》的導演富聖哲執導,並由《名不虛傳》的編劇金恩喜執筆,目前正在籌備中,預計將會在下半年播出!外加Rain的演技實力大家一致認可,每次演出的作品都大受歡迎,相信這次也將會掀起一股追劇潮。

Lee Hyori and ATEEZ’s Yunho shake a leg with Rain on his boy group Ciipher’s debut song, ‘I Like You’

The 7-member group debuted on March 15, 2021, with their title track ‘I Like You’ after training under Rain’s company for three years.

rain_x_ateez_for_ciipher_main.jpg?itok=p

The K-Pop legend Rain definitely knows how to get people excited about his first-ever boy group, Ciipher. The renowned Kim Tae Hee, Rain’s wife, featured in the music video to show her support, he even won the bet at Masters in The House and gave his boy group a pre-debut air-time on one of the biggest Korean reality shows!

Ciipher’s I Like You is a warm, vibrant, and naive, teenager-falling-in-love angle. Their key step during the chorus of the song has caught a lot of attention in Korea and Japan! The legend himself opened an 'I Like You’ challenge where fans would be dancing to the chorus and uploading their videos on social media. Rain has even featured two ‘I Like You’ dance videos already on his Instagram account! 

Rain uploaded a video of dancing to the addictive chorus with ATEEZ’s Yunho on his TikTok account and with the talented soloist Lee Hyori, on his Instagram account! In both the videos, he can be seen having fun and being goofy, especially with Hyori! He also did a candid unboxing of the group’s physical album - with shades of blue and white, the album looks pretty aesthetic.

Check out the dance with Lee Hyori below:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CMl8K2iBQRs/?utm_source=ig_embed

However, the group has been talked about a lot - for better or for worse. After netizens noticed their introduction in a few of the reality shows where they aired, they demanded Rain and the agency to change it. In the introduction, they say, “Save us! Hello, we’re Ciipher. Please spare us just once!” and netizens believe that this looks like the members are “begging” for something and just “weird”. The song is catchy, no doubt, but will the group’s intro change after knowing what the fans want? Only time will tell.