Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

*** The 2020 MBC Music Festival has revealed a star-studded lineup for its year-end event! The festival will also feature Park Jin Young and Rain, who will be performing their new track for the first time. This event will be hosted by Girls’ Generation’s YoonA, Jang Sung Kyu, and Kim Seon Ho. The 2020 MBC Music Festival will take place tomorrow, December 31 at 9 p.m. KST and will be available to watch on Viki here. :blush:

2020-MBC-Music-Festival.jpg

photo source : soompi news

Rain Dishes On Married Life With Kim Tae Hee + Running Into Kim Jong Kook At The Gym

59916e6d26394ea7b2f42cded4b85ca4.jpeg?s=

Rain chatted about married life and more on the latest episode of SBS’s “My Ugly Duckling”!

On the December 27 broadcast of the popular reality show, Rain made a guest appearance as a special MC. While watching footage of the cast from the studio, the star also talked about his own home life with his wife Kim Tae Hee.

When asked if he helped out around the house, Rain shared, “I do everything on my own. I try not to get help [from my wife] for most things.” He made everyone laugh by adding, “So I don’t really get scolded too much [compared to other husbands].”

Rain also revealed that he cooks for himself at home—but is very strict about needing to eat a full serving.

“I buy my own food, in exactly the serving size that I need to eat, and I set it aside,” he said. “So I’ll ask [my wife] in advance, ‘Do you want to eat?’ And if no one wants to eat, I’ll prepare a meal just for myself alone, eat it, do the dishes, and clean up everything. I like doing things that way.”

Host Seo Jang Hoon asked Rain what would happen if Kim Tae Hee changed her mind later and asked him for a bite of his food. Rain surprised the panelists by firmly replying, “No, I wouldn’t allow it. No. Those are the rules of our household.”

When asked if Kim Tae Hee had ever asked him for such a bite, Rain replied with a smile, “Yes, there was a time when that happened. I said no.” He went on to explain, “I have a specific serving size that I need to eat in order to feel full that day.”

Rain-21.jpgMy-Ugly-Duckling.jpg

The hosts later asked Rain to name his favorite dish out of his wife’s cooking repertoire, to which he responded, “I’ll eat anything she makes. Everything she makes is delicious. She’s good at cooking.”

However, when they continued to press him for a more specific answer, Rain chose Kim Tae Hee’s shabu shabu, explaining, “She likes to use the very best ingredients in order to cook a good meal.”

At another point in the show, Rain talked about frequently running into “My Ugly Duckling” cast member Kim Jong Kook at the gym.

“It’s strange,” he said. “On holidays, like Christmas Eve, if I don’t have anything to do, I go to the gym.

But there’s always someone yelling loudly on the other side of the gym [as they work out]. When I check to see who it is, it’s always Kim Jong Kook, without fail.”

He jokingly continued, “Even on holidays, if I go to the gym in the wee hours of the morning, in order to quietly work out when there’s no one around, Kim Jong Kook is there making exercising and making loud noises.”

Rain went on to explain why he was unhappy about running into the fellow singer, telling Kim Jong Kook’s mother, “I don’t want to work out together with him. He and I are at different physical levels. If I had to classify us, he’d be in the heavyweight division, while I’m more a middleweight.”

Spoiler

Rain-4.jpg

Spoiler

Rain-3.jpg

Watch “My Ugly Duckling” with English subtitles below!

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

Rain Opens up about What Kind of Husband He is, Shares the "Basic Rules" at His House

Spoiler

large_80b87eb3baad3cfa48291d1625b85d058c

Rain talked more about his daily life with his wife Kim Taehee.

Rain came as a special guest on the December 27th episode of SBS' 'My Ugly Duckling.' During the talk, MC Shin Dongyup asked Rain whether he usually helps his wife Kim Taehee with household works. To this, Rain replied, "I do everything by myself. I tend not to ask for help."

Spoiler

1609119183304-0.jpg

Image Source: Youtube 'SBS Entertainment' Screenshot

The singer then caused laughter when he said that he is the type of husband that doesn't get scolded much. 

Spoiler

1609119191033-1.jpg

To Shin Dongyup's comment that he has to do everything by himself, Rain said, "It's an obvious thing," and added, "I buy food that I can finish. Of course, I asked (my wife) first whether she'd like to eat or not. If she said no, then I will prepare only for me and clean them up." 

Spoiler

1609119199628-2.jpg

Spoiler

Rain then revealed his house's "basic rule." He said, "She cannot ask for even a spoon. It's the rule in our house. There's a certain amount I need to eat." He went on, "However, these days, I know the know-how so I prepare a little bit more (than my portion)."

Source: [Youtube] SBS Entertainment

Thumbnail Credit: Youtube 'SBS Entertainment' Screenshot, La Cloud

source : Kstarlive

https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2020/12/28/rain-opens-up-about-what-kind-of-husband-he-is-shares-the-basic-rules-at-his-house-388852

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively within 1 hour, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!

The 2020 MBC Gayo Daejejeon Announces Its Lineup

33539d7c-1a5b-4f58-bac8-48974d359e27-cro

While Jang Sung Kyu, YoonA and Kim Sun Ho were confirmed as emcees of the 2020 MBC Gayo Daejejeon, the event’s final lineup was also released.

The 2020 MBC Gayo Daejejeon: THE MOMENT, which will be held at the MBC Dream Center on Dec 31, has finally taken off its veil. The official lineup includes Rain & JYP duo, Uhm Jung Hwa, Song Ga In, Henry, MAMAMOO, NCT and more.

First of all, the legendary duo Rain & JYP will unveil their new song for the first time, while Song Ga In & Henry will present an extraordinary crossover. Uhm Jung Hwa will heat up the atmosphere with her disco party, and Lim Young Woong, MAMAMOO, NCT will also gift their fans with their outstanding performances.

Meanwhile, The 2020 MBC Gayo Daejejeon: THE MOMENT will be carried out in a non-audience and non-contact manner, with all performers and staff’s safety as the top priority. On top of that, the entire performance will be pre-recorded. The event will be held on Dec 31 at 9 pm KST.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20201228164450602

‘2020 MBC Gayo Daejejeon: THE MOMENT’ Releases Full Artist Lineup

The "2020 MBC Gayo Daejejeon: THE MOMENT" has unveiled its full artist lineup. Keep on reading to see whose performances you can look forward to!

The "2020 MBC Gayo Daejejeon: THE MOMENT" will be held at the MBC Dream Center in Ilsan on Thursday, Dec. 31. The line-up for the much-anticipated music festival was revealed on Monday, Dec. 28. The line-up boasts many big names, such as Uhm Jung Hwa, Song Ga In X Henry, Lim Young Woong, MAMAMOO, NCT, Park Jinyoung, and Rain.

Many people are excited for Park Jinyoung (J.Y. Park) and Rain's performance, as the two have announced that they will release a collaboration track together. Expectations are high and many people are excited to watch the crossover of two music geniuses, who specialize in two different genres. Additionally, there is much anticipation for Uhm Jung Hwa's stage, as she is known as South Korea's representative hot diva.

The "2020 MBC Gayo Daejejeon: THE MOMENT" will be carried out in an untact way, with no face-to-face interaction between the audience and the artists. This is done with the safety of the performers, staff, and fans in mind. All of the stages were pre-recorded by the artists, meaning groups were unable to meet and interact with each other prior to their stages. This is done to prevent the spread, as prevention is the easiest way to slow down the spread of the virus.

"2020 MBC Gayo Daejejeon: THE MOMENT" will air at 9:00 p.m. KST on Dec. 31. The music festival will be hosted by Jang Sung Kyu, Girls' Generation's YoonA, and Kim Seon Ho.

mbc-gayo-daejejeon.jpg?w=600?w=650

The "MC Gayo Daejejeon" is an annual, end-of-the-year music festival held and broadcast by the Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation (MBC). The music festival was first held in 1996 as a singing competition named "MBC Ten Singers Match", but MBC has since stopped giving out awards since 2005 and rebranded as the "MBC Gay Daejejeon".

source : http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/296509/20201228/2020-mbc-gayo-daejejeon-moment-releases-full-artist-lineup.htm

“Everything is so tasty” — Rain praises wife Kim Tae Hee’s cooking skills

On their children’s love of food, he mentions the need to cook a lot more than originally intended

rain-1.png

Seoul — South Korean celebrity Rain has boasted about his actress wife Kim Tae Hee’s cooking skills.

Appearing as a guest star on an episode of My Little Old Boy on Sunday (Dec 27), he got candid about a thing or two on married life with children.

Rain, 38, emphasised that he is a husband who does not ask his wife for help when doing household chores. He added that they each cook dishes that they themselves like to eat.

He disclosed that Kim, 40, is an amazing cook who “likes to prepare dishes with only the finest ingredients for her family”.

Rain said: “I really eat everything she cooks. Really, everything is so tasty. She’s so good at cooking.”

They got married in 2017 and have 2 children.

Speaking about dealing with their children’s love of food, the singer-actor said he recently found the need to cook a lot more than originally intended so that there is enough for everyone. He said: “There is no such thing as a ‘one bite’.”

Spoiler

rain_taehee.png

Rain and wife Kim Tae Hee. Picture: Instagram

Rain, whose name is Jung Ji Hoon, is a singer-songwriter, actor and music producer.

His musical career includes seven albums (six Korean, one Japanese), 28 singles and numerous concert tours around the world. He achieved breakthrough success with his third Korean album, It’s Raining (2004), which spawned the number one single of the same name. The album sold a million copies in Asia, and established him as an international star.

Rain made his acting debut in the 2003 drama Sang Doo! Let’s Go To School. His lead role in the pan-Asia hit drama Full House (2004) established his status as a Hallyu star. In 2008, he made his Hollywood debut in the film Speed Racer and starred in Ninja Assassin (2009), the latter of which made him the first Korean to win an MTV award. /TISG

source : https://theindependent.sg/everything-is-so-tasty-rain-praises-wife-kim-tae-hees-cooking-skills/

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively within 1 hour, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!

[SBS Star] RAIN Shocks Everyone with How Little Him & Kim Tae-hee Spent Money on Wedding Rings

201505513_1280.jpg

Singer RAIN shocked everybody with the price of him and his wife actress Kim Tae-hee's wedding rings. On December 28 episode of SBS' television show 'My Little Old Boy', RAIN made a guest appearance.

201505523_1280.jpg

During the talk, RAIN was asked about managing finance at home. RAIN said, "Even when we got married, we said to each other that we were not going to care about what anybody else thought of our wedding." He continued, "So, that's why we had a small wedding. Not only did we have a small wedding, but we also didn't exchange any wedding gifts." He added, "Our wedding rings costed 250,000 to 300,000 won (approximately 228 to 274 dollars) each as well." Upon hearing this, the cast members gasped in surprise and repeatedly said, "Really? Wow."

201505511_1280.jpg

RAIN resumed, "Besides that, we decided not to get involved in how each of us spend our money." He went on, "I mostly pay for food and things for the family, but we are trying to respect all other stuff that each spend money on."

Spoiler

201505512_1280.jpg

Spoiler

RAIN and Kim Tae-hee got married in January 2017. The couple have two daughters, who were born in October 2017 and September 2019. (Credit= SBS My Little Old Boy, Coupang) (SBS Star)

source : https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1006144352

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!

Rain boasts his wife Kim Tae Hee's remarkable cooking abilities and says they like to keep everything fair

1609104161-1.jpg

Rain talked about his wife Kim Tae Hee's notable cooking skills.

On the December 27th episode of 'My Little Old Boy', Rain appeared as this week's guest and revealed one or two things about his married life with children. He first stressed that he is a husband who does not like to ask his wife for help when doing household chores and that they each cook up dishes that they individually like to eat. 

On that note, he also revealed that Kim Tae Hee is an amazing cook, who "likes to prepare dishes with only the finest ingredients for her family". He said, "I really eat everything she cooks. Really, everything is so tasty. She's so good at cooking."

1609104161-2.jpg

When dealing with their children's love of food, Rain mentioned that he has recently discovered a 'know-how', which is basically "cooking a lot more than originally intended", so that there is enough for everyone. 

"There is no such thing as a 'one bite'," concluded Rain.

1609104161-ra.jpg

source : allkpop

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2020/12/rain-boasts-his-wife-kim-tae-hees-remarkable-cooking-abilities-and-says-they-like-to-keep-everything-fair

[SBS Star] RAIN Talks About Kim Jong-kook Being at the Gym All the Time, Even on Holidays

Spoiler

201505599_1280.jpg

Singer RAIN talked about another singer Kim Jong-kook's obsession with the gym. On December 27 episode of SBS' television show 'My Little Old Boy', RAIN joined the talk.

Spoiler

201505597_1280.jpg

During the opening, RAIN said, "There is something that I actually want to say about Jong-kook." He said, "Ever since I made debut, I've been compared to a lot with Jong-kook. To be more specific, our bodies quite frequently have been compared."

Spoiler

201505598_1280.jpg

The singer continued, "If I don't have anything special to do on a holiday such as Christmas Eve, I go to the gym. There is always somebody familiar there though, and it's Jong-kook." He laughingly went on, "Sometimes, I hit the gym at like two or three in the morning to avoid other gym-goers. When I get there, I hear this loud roaring sound, and it's Jong-kook." Lastly, he added, "Honestly, I don't want to work out with him, because we are not on the same level. He's huge, you know."

Spoiler

201505600_1280.jpg

Spoiler

Upon hearing this, Kim Jong-kook's mother commented, "Ah yes, this is very true." She resumed while shaking her head side to side, "He always goes to the gym. He would find time to go even on holidays."

(Credit= SBS My Little Old Boy)

(SBS Star)
https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1006144780

Edited by Jillia

*** Yoo Jae Suk took home the Daesang (Grand Prize) during the night’s ceremony of the 2020 MBC Entertainment Awards, following his notable work on MBC’s “How Do You Play?” this year. This is Yoo Jae Suk’s seventh time winning the Daesang from the MBC ceremony (including winning with the “Infinite Challenge” cast in 2007). He said, “I don’t know how to express my gratitude. I really had no idea I’d win the Grand Prize again after ‘Infinite Challenge.’ There are so many people I need to thank.” Yoo Jae Suk thanked RAIN. :blush:

Updated December 30 KST: 

*** The 35th Golden Disc Awards has announced its second artist lineup! The 35th Golden Disc Awards confirmed that Park Jin Young and Rain had joined the lineup. Lee Seung Gi is hosting the January 9 ceremonies (Digital Song division) with Park So Dam, but he will also be appearing as part of the performer lineup. Rain and Park Jin Young, who are releasing a new duet together called “Switch to Me,” will perform it for the first time at this event.  :blush:

Rain And Kim Tae Hee’s Wedding Bands Are Probably Cheaper Than That Of Most Average Couples

Can’t get any cheaper than that.

-zAO_P9Igdoy7y3rcCcKdvLGAjMeMYkGJWVb1j0c

On a recent episode of SBS‘s My Little Old Boy, Rain appeared to talk about his marriage with Kim Tae Hee.

3QOkGqXTBBSSNf5L5uzNXtWmbC4xVBK4cpyNKmkuvwg1vkclPgeFzAsVYE48AK8BhojeZtnNOHt9kYSlDM91gYSK73ng6ZQs4_TM4cG4MzfX89Si=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

The couple is well-known for being humble despite their incredible wealth…

OngzboIkPKDEuZcCFohTEKw0UOdtxM-JmMX9_ePhaRLPt5DtvHpAtYKJvyKsnUyAwcKjtb4hWgUJ0ZhiJ10enkEEo7oa6sNY3CLX8bzoxWfsR-Q=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365 | BAZAAR

…and the amount of money they spent on getting married goes to prove just that.

JNI9qxCJCyGW0WGoPOma7Fy1HKcBCctKlp4qNAlh8klXWAJZdy6J9xxbMMzcE59Hqec9DvkWMER4JAxHDSiPUjk4lo3kf7ctmiR75K5bmSzCMgY=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365 | BAZAAR
Spoiler

Rain confessed that their wedding ceremony only cost them ₩1.30 million KRW (about $1,180 U

SD).

ln07clZ0of_B94CdzzmxyDQIpEzk24-zpSyf5xF26BgsZO76N3RrBiZeohrhZLvonti0JdFsezTc1jNFM0Gn4qcPCNXA-LIavFTGCW1gVJtDZipI=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

Rain explained that the couple agreed to respect the financial habits of each other and that they don’t even know each other’s financial circumstances.

We agreed not to show interest in each other’s finances. We agreed to respect how each other lived in the past in regards to finances. We don’t have any financial concept of each other. My wife’s money is managed by my mother-in-law.

— Rain

But the most surprising revelation was how much the couple spent on their wedding bands.

We spent ₩250,000 KRW (about $228 USD) on each of our wedding bands.

— Rain

In a world where many couples spend thousands on wedding bands, many are praising Rain and Kim Tae Hee for staying modest no matter how successful they are. No wonder everybody looks up to them!

RJ8gFGKasbEkZ0sTRZHV_kUpcZeFqRZItlQa85sHiyUmhGQmhzczYUD-ZcBqKiOM1i7v88Us62UkvP82Nhn9gJvtT_GEmCN1euFiuuj_eW1fpeM=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

source : https://www.insight.co.kr/news/318346

*** Due to coronavirus restrictions, the 35th Golden Disc Awards 2020 will be held without an audience. It will be aired on JTBC, JTBC2, and JTBC4. With nominees announced earlier this month, now the performer lineup has been announced. Can't wait to see RAIN together with PJY here. :blush:

*** 2021 will be spectacular since its start. As big starts and rising stars are both expected to make comebacks, they heat the music industry up for its start in 2021. Rain and JYP, Park Jin Young had hold hands. Previously as a teacher and a student, the two had formed a duo to start 2021 extravagantly.This has been released yesterday December 31st, “Switch to Me” is a song that reenacts New Jack Swing, an iconic dance genre of the ‘90s, with a powerful 8-bit rhythm and analog sounds. :blush:

01-7-708x708.jpg

source : https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20201230093414024

The Lineup for the 35th Golden Disc Awards Announced

%EA%B3%A8%EB%93%A0%EB%94%94%EC%8A%A4%ED%

The Golden Disc Awards has unveiled its cast lineup.

On Dec 30, the Golden Disc Awards announced the additional lineup for this year’s ceremony – ENHYPEN, ITZY, Treasure, Noel, THE BOYZ, MAMAMOO, Park Ji Chan, JYP (Park Jin Young), Rain, IU, (G)I-DLE, LOONA, Lee Seung Gi, Lim Young Woong, Jessi, Changmo, and TXT.

In particular, the fact that Lee Seung Gi, who has been hosting the Golden Disc Awards for many years, will be performing on the stage as a singer has been announced, receiving enthusiastic responses from fans around the world.

The 35th Golden Disc Awards will air on JTBC on Jan 9 and 10.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.news1.kr/articles/?4165652

Watch: Performances From 2020 MBC Music Festival, Including Special Collaborations

Many popular K-pop stars took to the stage at the 2020 MBC Music Festival!

The artists rang in the new year during the December 31 event, which was hosted by Girls’ Generation’s YoonAJang Sung Kyu, and Kim Seon Ho.

The lineup for the night included NCT, MAMAMOO, Uhm Jung Hwa, GOT7, ITZY, Stray Kids, TWICE, WINNER’s Kang Seung Yoon, Norazo, The Boyz, Second Aunt Kim DaVi (Kim Shin Young), MONSTA X, (G)I-DLE, IZ*ONE, aespa, Oh My Girl, LOONA, Top 4 of the “People of Trot,” Lim Young Woong, Paul Kim, Jessi, MAMAMOO’s Hwasa, Park Jin Young and Rain, Song Ga In, and Henry.

Check out the performances below!

The Boyz’s Juyeon, ITZY’s Lia, Stray Kids’ Han – “Play That Summer” (original by SSAK3)

Stray Kids’ Hyunjin, IZ*ONE’s Jang Won Young, The Boyz’s Hyunjae – “Beach Again” (original by SSAK3)

Park Jin Young and Rain – “How to Avoid the Sun” and “I Have a Girlfriend”

Spoiler

Rain and Park Jin Young – “Switch to Me”

The 2020 MBC Music Festival will be available on Viki.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

'Switch to Me'

Singer Rain, left, and Park Jin-young discussing the theme of their music video ″Switch to Me″ in Rain's YouTube channel ″Season B Season.″ [YOUTUBE CAPTURE]

Singer Rain, left, and Park Jin-young discussing the theme of their music video ″Switch to Me″ in Rain's YouTube channel ″Season B Season.″ [YOUTUBE CAPTURE]

Two popular artists — Rain and Park Jin-young — collaborated on the release of “Switch to Me” at 6 p.m. on Thursday. Rain revealed some behind-the-scenes of the making of the music video on his YouTube channel “Season B Season” on Wednesday. [YOUTUBE CAPTURE]

credit : JoongAngDaily

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2020/12/31/entertainment/kpop/Switch-to-Me-duet-Rain/20201231164300495.html

*** RAIN posted this 4-hours ago with a caption - "Oh.. thank you #power of clouds" - :blush:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJfKR0PBRXR/?igshid=331lz0ccub8h

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJfKR0PBRXR/?igshid=331lz0ccub8h

*** RAIN posted this picture yesterday with a caption - "Collaborating together with PSY and JYP was always something that I had hoped to happen one day. While planning the M/V, I wanted PSY to make a special appearance but didn’t expect that he would happily agree. I want to give a special thanks to JYP for producing "Switch To Me" and being a part of this special project even in the midst of his busy schedule." -

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJfE4XhBPPc/

*** RAIN posted this picture 8-hours ago with a caption - "Monitoring~~"  :blush:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJfwgQZhEJx/?igshid=hedvv500ndbj

__________________________________________________________________________________

*** RAIN and the MCs of Achim Madang (Morning Garden). She said that she is a fan of Season B Season and said  watching RAIN's new song performance within a 3-meter distance was an experience she won’t forget. She enjoyed his stage so much and feels it’s still a dream until now. :blush:

134950752_3593948690697713_6278141583261

135012998_3593948760697706_8370578853048

credit : Raincloud10

*** RAIN finished his recording for MBC’s “Show Music Core” and went out temporarily. :blush:

https://web.facebook.com/raincloudworld/videos/770678203547396/

*** Great chemistry! JYP said they finished the duet in 3 hours. RAIN added they were like husband and wife. The clip at the end: RAIN singing the KBS logo song.  :blush:

https://web.facebook.com/raincloudworld/videos/397091108212132/

RAIN gave this performer a full 5 star at Morning Madang program

135195594_3594307743995141_8814927931803

Morning Madang fancam

The lucky fan says : "Really miss watching RAIN performing just a meter away. "  :blush: 

https://web.facebook.com/raincloudworld/videos/1702368763269775/

Photos of RAIN at Morning Madang program

134671082_3593994840693098_6603277925497

134539573_3593994920693090_7262829911579

__________________________________________________________________________________

*** RAIN posted these slide of pictures yesterday with a caption - "Today is music-oriented... Knowing brother - Busy day~ #Switch To Me"  :blush:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJhkWKAByMY/