wat genres do u hate?

Guest TrainDriver

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

*sigh* I wish people would be a bit more specific when they say they hate "Metal." -_- Now,  I can understand how many people on this forum wouldn't like Death Metal, Black Metal, Thrash Metal, etc. They're not easy genres to get into, but there's more to Metal than the Extreme genres. Try listening to some traditional Heavy Metal like Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Dio, etc.

Black Sabbath - Neon Knights (Note: Not Ozzy Osbourne in this song. Their second vocalist, Dio. F**king amazing voice. R.I.P. )

Iron Maiden - The Trooper (seriously, if that iconic guitar riff doesn't stir a sense of awesomeness in you, you officially have not a single ounce of Rock spirit in you)

And it's not like this old-school sound doesn't apply to this generation's newer bands:

The Sword - Maiden, Mother & Crone (This generation's Black Sabbath )

High On Fire - Rumors of War (The vocalist/guitarist has horrendous teeth, but god what a tremendous sound. Love how the drums have an almost tribal sound to them in the beginning)

Or how about some Progressive Metal?:

Mastodon - Oblivion (I don't know about you, but I think this song is beautiful. That chorus is amazing. )

Opeth - Harvest (Metal bands can do acoustic songs to, y'know. Beautiful, beautiful acoustic songs. )

Or some Symphonic Metal?:

Nightwish - Amaranth ( I think out of any of these links, most people would enjoy this one)

Within Temptation - See Who I Am ( 3:04 - 4:00 is f**king beautiful. Sends chills down my spine each time. The good kind, mind you. )

Hell, even Power Metal has some redeeming traits for the non-metalhead. Think of it as the more upbeat, happier version of Thrash Metal:

Angra - The Voice Commanding You (the opening to this song is amazing)

Dragonforce - Heroes of Our Time (It doesn't get more upbeat than Dragonforce. Granted, a lot of their songs sound the same, but the guitar solos are amazing, and are usually the highlight of their songs. Just fast-foward to 1:57 to see what I mean)

See now, that wasn't bad at all, was it? Metal is one of the most diverse genres of music out there, and there's not many other genres I can think of that can say the same. Hell, I've only touched upon just a few sub-genres right here. There's always something out there that will tickle your fancy when it comes to Metal as a whole. Now, I don't care if you still don't like Metal even after all these amazing samples (imo at least, lol) , but at least you know it's not all just violent, brutal music.

OK! Now that I'm done giving my 2 cents on the glory that is Metal, let's get back on topic. Genres I hate (or at the very least extremely dislike, lol)?

Pop

Rap/hip-hop

Country

Emo

Nu-metal (I'm sorry, I just can't consider it a real Metal genre)

Metalcore/Deathcore ( sorry, but I prefer my Metal with a little less Hardcore Punk.....though there are a few gems out there)

Guest Badmoonrising

I'm pretty open-minded when it comes to music. I try not to dislike a song just because it falls in a certain category. But one thing I can't get into is the over-the-top cutesy/sugary schtick going on in some K-pop and the teenybopper music from the rest of the world.

Guest AsianMusic4Ever

Country

Heavy Medal

Screamo

Emo

Opera

Death Medal

Hard Rock

Punk Rock (exclude It's "Chizuru - Gazette")

Classical

Other then that, I pretty much like everything else

• 4 weeks later...
Guest brinyblue

Not a huge fan of RnB, rap or heavy metal. :/ There are good songs/exceptions from these genres, but I dislike the majority of them.

• 1 month later...
Guest Kathy K.

I listen to almost every genre BUT I get irritated when I hear:

-> techno (geee, elecronics can be, but not this loud, non-melodic, hitting stuff >.<)

-> too-much-alternative music (no, thank you, classical, metal & pop is enough for me, I don't need anything else)

-> some modern orchestral music (no way; I like classical music, but some of those non-melodic, illogical compositions just make me feel sick >.<)

Of course I'm open to new ideas in music. But I must approve them to enjoy them. Let's say that maybe I'd like some alternative band/musician, that's possible, and I will admit it. But show me some good >.<

Guest MusicalMeme

I can't stop teenybopper pop and rap, and that's practically everything K-Pop is nowadays. Ugh. Makes me want to retch.

I'm probably one of the few people who likes opera and classical music, metal (but mostly symphonic, though I do like screamo too), country, trance, and R&B all at the same time :P

I can't stop teenybopper pop and rap, and that's practically everything K-Pop is nowadays. Ugh. Makes me want to retch.

I'm probably one of the few people who likes opera and classical music, metal (but mostly symphonic, though I do like screamo too), country, trance, and R&B all at the same time :P

I listen to Classical music and Metal too, lol.....but screamo's not Metal.

Meh, I've heard the whole gamut ^^ Besides, it's more of an on-the-side genre :]

"On-the-side?" Do you mean as in the underground scene?

And while I'm sure you've read/heard many a flame wars started over the legitimacy of certain genres being categorized as Metal or not, the facts are there - Screamo's stylistic origins are that of Emo, Hardcore Punk (hence the "screaming," lol) and later on Alternative Rock. But Metal? I think not.

Oh, and I know I'm repeating myself, but to stay on topic, I hate just about anything played on mainstream music radio and television, lol. As well I also have a dislike for most Metalcore and Deathcore. Not the best way to mix Punk with Metal, imo.

Guest MusicalMeme

"On-the-side?" Do you mean as in the underground scene?

And while I'm sure you've read/heard many a flame wars started over the legitimacy of certain genres being categorized as Metal or not, the facts are there - Screamo's stylistic origins are that of Emo, Hardcore Punk (hence the "screaming," lol) and later on Alternative Rock. But Metal? I think not.

Oh, and I know I'm repeating myself, but to stay on topic, I hate just about anything played on mainstream music radio and television, lol. As well I also have a dislike for most Metalcore and Deathcore. Not the best way to mix Punk with Metal, imo.

LOL I meant "on-the-side" as in "I enjoy it, but I'm not one to go in-depth into the genre." XD Like, I'll hear some songs and I'll like it, but I'm not one to research it a whole lot.

So yeah, I didn't even know about these flame wars .___. Sorry for the misunderstanding! Maybe I should read into these wars XDD

I don't like bosso nova... coz it bores me more than ballad songs does

bosso nova instrumental is ok but songs - bleh...

House music is not one for me either.. i guess..

Archived