[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest litto_gurl

Goo Hye Sun as Makino not bad...i still wish it was park shin hye....

was afraid it might be a girl from a girl group....

now who's going to be the other girl...

Guest choong jae

well i guess the casting has been set. honestly, i'm quite disappointed. the 1st person i know that got casted for this series was Kim Hyun Joong n i thought it was perfect. i could really picture Kim Hyun Joong as Rui.....all silent n cool in his own little world. but goo hye sun as makino?? eh.....can't really picture that. the other cast not too sure either.......guess i'll find out after watching ep 1 *shrugs

Guest .moony.

wowzerrss

i did not expect her for makino!

but i still like her! it's good that theyre not using the famousfamous actors in this drama

lee min ho is so UGLY though

gosh. i hate this cause in the japanese version domyouji was my fav.

Whaat o.o japanese domyouji was ugly and short -_-

i dont know lee min ho but he looks handsome.

And I dont like the girl whos playing Makino. she looks NOTHING like makino...why did the director say she fit the image. Okay if he said she has good acting, but she looks nothiing like makino's image. And for some reason I just dont like her face. It bugs me lol...I was fine with the japanese makino but the korean makino seems... off ;_; oh well casting is done... complainin wont help anythin :D

Goo hye sun is such a great actress! Now that the PD chose her I can definitely see her as Makino she is a very versatile actress. So people mentioned she's too old for the role but actually I don't think she is...look wise, she can definitely play the role of a high school student. I don't know if this version will be set in high school though...wonder if it's like the Taiwanese version...college? But she would also play well as a high school student. Like some other people mentioned, I'm glad the character Makino is left in good hands (goo hye sun). Let's hope for the best!

Whaat o.o japanese domyouji was ugly and short -_-

i dont know lee min ho but he looks handsome.

And I dont like the girl whos playing Makino. she looks NOTHING like makino...why did the director say she fit the image. Okay if he said she has good acting, but she looks nothiing like makino's image. And for some reason I just dont like her face. It bugs me lol...I was fine with the japanese makino but the korean makino seems... off ;_; oh well casting is done... complainin wont help anythin :D

:D been away for a while and now I know who's gonna play as Makino >_<

Yup! I agree with you .moony ^^ about the Japanese Domyouji, about Lee Min Ho even about GHS :P

Guest hye091

OMG!! I am soo happy that Goo Hye Sun is being cast as Makino!! :w00t: I hope this is true!! :w00t: I love her since watching Pure 19 and she is simply soo pure and have the Makino Look!! I am sure she will potray the character well!! :w00t:

Guest ldh-ldw lover

MY goodness. When i first heard of this show. I thought of her and ahra. But i think again. Then i took her out of my list. Because shes too old. I mean i love her. she fits the role and everything. And shes a pretty makino. Seriously, the first time i saw her, i already like her. That was back in the olden day drama. Song of prince? Yeah i like her than. Also loved her in pure 19. If you told me it was her back in feb, i wouldnt be shock. Because i didnt know her age then. BUT ANYWAY I AM HAPPY.

Guest valley girl

MY goodness. When i first heard of this show. I thought of her and ahra. But i think again. Then i took her out of my list. Because shes too old. I mean i love her. she fits the role and everything. And shes a pretty makino. Seriously, the first time i saw her, i already like her. That was back in the olden day drama. Song of prince? Yeah i like her than. Also loved her in pure 19. If you told me it was her back in feb, i wouldnt be shock. Because i didnt know her age then. BUT ANYWAY I AM HAPPY.

Ara too pretty to be makino, impossible if that f4 called her you are ugly.

since we know she's pretty she will got another project .

due her management SM they are so picky wwithout think about their talent abilities

Guest yangpa

Hello everyone!

Finally the casting for the 5 main characters have been revealed. Been waiting for ages! Haha. :lol:

And to start off, i have to say i'm quite pleased with the cast. I see that some people think Lee Min Ho doesn't suit domyouji, at first, i was wondering why he was chosen as well. Oh my gawd, who the heck is he?! I'm Sam?! Where in I'm Sam?!

But then, to my utmost surprise, the more i look at him, the more i think he suits domyouji! He is the kind who strikes you as "not so good-looking" at first glance, but the more you look, he becomes more charismatic/cute/hawt/whatever. (which i think is one common factor of all domyoujis, lol)! The producers/casting directors probably happened to experience something like that too i suppose.

Oops, I think i'm going to start fangirling over him soon. :wacko:

And haha, i think he resembles jerry yan at some angles :sweatingbullets:

The rest of the F4 guys, well, not much complaints...(how can you when you see kim bum and kim hyun joong?), just some qualms about kim joon, but it somehow subsided already.

As for Makino.....oh gawd. I remembered seeing a poll on one korean entertainment website months ago, asking who would be the best makino. Believe it or not, Goo Hye Sun topped the poll!

And now, turns out that makino will really be played by Goo Hye Sun. Was in a state of shock the whole afternoon after finding out that goo hye sun was chosen. (i personally rooted secretly for park shin hye as well)

But after deep thoughts and consideration, isn't her character in Pure 19 wayyy similar to that of Makino?

(Story goes: Rich boy likes poor village girl, rich boy's parents disallow, rich boy leaves home to be with poor village girl, rich boy's parents offer money to leave her son, poor village girl decides to leave rich boy, after much confrontation reconciles again....yada yada....)

UNCANNY :blink:

And she did pretty well as strong and never-give-up Gukhwa!

So if Goo Hye Sun repeats her stellar performance again in Boys, maybe it won't be so bad after all (at least, i will try to forget goo hye sun's age).

Now, waiting eagarly for more casts! :D

Guest ldh-ldw lover

Ara too pretty to be makino, impossible if that f4 called her you are ugly.

since we know she's pretty she will got another project .

due her management SM they are so picky wwithout think about their talent abilities

haha yeah i really wanna see ahra again:D still kinda shock its hye sun cause shes older than allof the boys:D

but happy its her cause i love her.

Guest grumpy23

so cool! my gukhwa is part of this much awaited remake!

the first korean show i've ever watched....PURE 19...all of it's more than 100 episodes! GO GUKHWA! FIGHTING! she was stellar on that show...so convincing!

does a remake's cast really need to resemble the looks of the original casts?

as long as they stick to the original story and the casts do justice on their roles, everything should be fine!

Guest sayroo

korean_aien, thanks for replying!

waa! i just watched her in CHILWU and now she will do this drama! okay.. i can't set my mind into it.. HER? as MAKINO?

well, can't imagine it but it's fine with me since she is PRETTY! haha! :lol:

kinda satisfied...

elle, is the girl satisfying to you? :lol:

Guest sharry

Hmm... wow... The girl to play Makino...

Ok don't get me wrong she is an AWESOME actress. But look at the Korean F4... she will look older than all of them. I don't think she is ugly.. just looks old even for her own age. and when u put her next to kim bum and Hyun Joong... it might look weird.

Sanchai is also way too old for the F4 Taiwan version but everybody love her anyway. i know GHS can definitely act. but will the bosy catch up with her. that is the questipn.

personally i was rooting for Park ji Min. but since she's in 'my destiny' so that's it then.

Guest kanshu

Hello to Fellow Soompi-shippers!

I hate to say this but GOO HYE SUN DOES NOT LOOK GOOD AND IN ANY WAY RESEMBLES MAKINO!

They should have gotten somebody from SNSD, Wonder Girls and other girl bands to portray the role - TO HAVE A REFRESHING PERSPECTIVE!

The Four Leads - Lee Min Ho, Kim Hyung Joon, Kim Bum, and Kim Joon - are all handsome.

Although I prefere Kim Bum as Hanazawa Rui.

Hope they still change their minds about their female lead.

Don't get me wrong, but to make Makino work as a character, you need superb actress. I somewhat doubt that any of the girls you mention do have the acting skill to pull through a convincing performance on the level required.

I'm somwhat sick&tired to have "the refreshing perspective" act in parts that are way over their head, making me wish I had not started watching that show. Pretty faces aren't everything. :sweatingbullets:

Guest Kylie Nomiko

I neary fainted when I saw the result of the cast list.

At first glance, the F4 guys all look kinda pretty, but they dont seem to stand out each on their own? It is like, without looking at the char-cast list, I cant fit each actor to each F4 character. Maybe it is the bad pictures. I must admit that I havent been watching much Korean dramas to comment much on the cast list. :(

Not very excited about the cast but Im a big big fan of MG/HYD. Plus the fact that the director of MyGirl/SassyGirl (my favs!) is gonna be directing this, I hope it turns out good!

When is it gonna start filming/boardcasting?