[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest Geisha

OMG!!! i'm so freaking exited!!!!!!!!

i feel the last good "young drama" i saw was Goong. i'm really looking forward to this one. and plus we all know the production will be top notch and since they already announced it'll be 24 eps long it's already longer than the japanese version the 1 and 2 part put together.

i can't wait!!!!!!!!

Pao

maybe a girl who played in 18 vs 29 ~ Park Min Ji She's Suitable for the Role

wow, now that you mention it, she'd TOTALLY be perfect for the role!! :) even moreso than the person who I originally wanted to play Makino, Park Min Young. Park Min Ji is both good at acting and is pretty too, but can pull off Makino's 'plain jane' quite well. You might also recognize her from the movie 'Jeni Juno' or the drama 'You Are My Destiny' with Yoona from SNSD, and since she's pretty unknown among non-natives which is also a plus.

K-POP singers are really suitable for this kinda of roles.. haha! especially with MAKINO's character!

Yea, but the question is 'can they act'? I'd rather choose someone who we can have some confidence in the role since we're hoping it'll be a great production, looks and acting-wise. It'd be funny if they gave the role to Tae Yeon from SNSD which I highly doubt is unlikely, but it would be funny. I'm sure all the guys would flock in front of their tvs to watch her :)

Guest valley girl

park min young has neW drama with jung ryeong won, ~ she's too Pretty

Come on if she's Poor than pretty she could be a model

Her face Should be Plain jane .. because makino always be said by that F4 has average Face ( yeah we don't want too ugly too )

I kept wondering who Lee Min Ho was and he's the guy from I am Sam.

was he playing in i am sam?? i just know him in mackerel run

Guest LOVE&POISON

no waaayyyy LOL

if that's the case, they should've made HJ play Domyouji hahaha

wooww... can't wait to see if/when this pulls through. #__#

I WANT MOON GEUN YOUNG AS MAKINO!

I thought about her too, but I think she's way too high profile to be Makino.

I thought of the girl from Happiness/Evasive Investigation Agency/Que Sera Sera. She's pretty, but I think they can tone it down for her to fit the role of Makino. She's got that 'tough' vibe of her, she's spunky. I think she'd make a good Makino.

ETA: I'm pretty happy with the cast actually. I have no idea who Lee Min Ho is, but from the picture, he fits the Domyouji bill. I hope he can yell loudly, because both Japanese and Taiwanese Domyouji are really really good at yelling :lol:. As for Hyunjoong, well, I'm biased, I love him as a singer. As an actor, his skills remain to be seen. I saw him on an episode of NN5, he was okay, but he had a long way to go, plus he's got Shun Oguri/Vic Zhou shoes to fill. That's scary by itself. Kimbum is so cute!! I heard good things about him so I'll be looking forward to his performance. The other guy, well, we'll see.

Guest ldh-ldw lover

yeah she's quite plain jane too, makino's should be not pretty without make up but pretty while put make up..

Ara, min young they too pretty isn't bit strange if F4 say you has average face into that 2 girls

hahahahhahaha

hahah:D true. but in alot of korean dramas, no matter how pretty the girl is, the guy won't think she's pretty at first.

hahah:D i dont want park shin hye. she seem to serious for the role. hopefully they will choose a girl thats not too pretty, not too ugly but really cute please!

no kikki! no snsd girl!

Guest noopie

Hi, juz wondering....is this offical thread Hana Yori Dango (korea version)? cant believe it's only 5 pages long...Hope that it's getting more and more! really really happy to see Hyun Joong casted as rui hanazawa. I always love Rui Hanazawa role....whether it's japanese version or taiwanese version, RUI Hanazawa is my most favourite role! Really happy that there is korean version of Hana Yori Dango! I believe it will look great!!

Guest avicenna

wahhhhhhhhhhh :w00t::w00t: ....I was waiting and anticipating for the cast of this Drama B) but I kinda disappointed :tears: .... I am with Kim Bum ^_^^_^ ...I liked him in East of Eden :wub: ..... are they the final cast ???? :huh: ....I am hping of some changes :phew:

Guest caramello_

Oh My God!

I can't wait to see this!

I wonder how it'll compare to the real version

I loved the japanese version so much.

It's gonna be some stiff competition between them two!

I can imagine the wardrobe is going to be really damn hot with those hot guys and the korean fashion sense LOL

I wonder who's gonna play Makino...hmmm

Guest noopie

actually it has a thread before but it locked.. i think it quite fast since it just made yesterday honey

hahahaha yeahhh I hope so! hopefully it's getting more and more pages each day! If I see from the korean cast and japan cast, I think korean F4 is more good looking!! hahahaha.....(no offense to all japanese version fans! hahaha juz my own thoughts).

From all three version of Hana Yori Dango, which actor that you like the most and why?? (but let's share our thoughts in peace okay, no scolding, no offense....it's for fun only^^!)

Japan version, I only like Shun Oguri! Luckily he acted as Rui Hanazawa. hahaha the rest, hmmm okay, not bad...but nt my choice! hahaha the rest not really my type. But I should admit, I really love the storyline compare to taiwanese version. And also Jun Matsumoto acted very well as doumyouji!

Taiwan version, I think all guys looks handsome! they are tall and looked very masculine! I love VIC ZHOU the most here! Vaness Wu also my favourite. in 2001, that time, I saw them as the most good looking taiwanese actor! hahahaha so for now...I know they are more choices....make me confuse!

Korean version, Hyun Joong! He's so cutee!!!! Im so happy he will act as Rui Hanazawa.....( I wonder how they call RUI hanazawa in korean name?!) hahaahahha and I dont know the rest of the F4, but they all look so handsome!!!

Noopie, they actually already got their HYD korean names:

Doumyouji Tsukasa,” renamed for the drama as “Gu Jun-pyo”

Hanazawa Rui,” renamed “Yoon Ji-hoo”:

Nishikada Soujiro”, renamed “So Yi-jung”

Mimasaka Akira,” aka “Song Woo-bin”

And.. I'm very sorry, I don't mean to bash the Japanese Version. I actually don't like J-version, Makino cried a lot, I like Makino who's tough and can handle anything. I love Meteor Garden, San Chai was perfect, very tough like a weed. I hope Korean Makino is not gonna be like a cry baby. Jun Matsumoto did a great job as Doumyouji!

And, you are definitely right! The Korean F4 are the most good looking for all the HYD version. I'm glad they chose those guys, just hoping they can act very well. But one thing.. I hope they don't pick Yoon Eun Hye as Makino, she's not my choice for the role. Don't get me wrong, she's a very good actress, but I would rather they give another actress to shine like her when she got a role in Goong.

lee min ho <3 kim bum <3 kim hyun joong <3 i love all three. hehehehe

they're all fairly newbies therefore yay! exactly what i was hoping for. tho kimbum is good ; )

kim joon seems reallly pretty looking~ F4 material. YAY! newbie! lol

now all they need is a girl.

hows...Park Min Ji? (hopefully i got her name right)

Guest sayroo

okay.. now that names were already out..

why is the GIRL who will play MAKINO is still not being ANNOUNCED?

maybe it's a SURPRISE?

we should be really shock if ever that happens..

Guest litto_gurl

if they want fresh face...yoo hana from my lucky star will be nice as makino...

i hope they are not going to put any of the snsd girl or girl group to play makino...

Guest vivian0304

lol, who'll play the main girl? hope korean version dont have too much kiss scene, i would be jealous to see Hyunjoong kiss 2 girls , and she isn't Hwangbo, sorry i'm joongbo fan

Guest eskarlata

i have tooo watchh iit !!!!!

ooh my goddd!!!!!!!

hyunnnnnnn is theere!

iiiiim so happppppy!!!

thankx for thee infOOOOOO

Guest koreandrama_addict

park min young has neW drama with jung ryeong won, ~ she's too Pretty

Come on if she's Poor than pretty she could be a model

Her face Should be Plain jane .. because makino always be said by that F4 has average Face ( yeah we don't want too ugly too )

was he playing in i am sam?? i just know him in mackerel run

He was the tough guy in I Am Sam