[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest kiwi18

veteran? yeah she looks old

but i dun really know her >_>

u all seem to know her from other movies so...would u mind to tell me who she is?

and im not a girl or "gal" sorry xD

She is old... but she is an amazing actress. If you have not watched the 1st Shop of the Coffee Prince, you must do so! She is great in that. Also in Dal Ja's Spring. She's hysterical in that. I love her as an actress and so excited that her addition as Tama means that the maid arc will happen! This gives me HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!

And excellent .gif on Jun Pyo's jealousy. So brilliant. I know many have issues with the drama, but I do love how they've done this story so far and I feel that we will be rewarded for our struggle with this couple the last 4-5 episodes!!!!

u all seem to know her from other movies so...would u mind to tell me who she is?

They picked a really good veteran actress for the maid arc. She was excellent in "Likeable or Not" where she played the witchy grandmother. I just wanted to kill her. I'm looking forward to the maid arc and hopefully the return of the star necklace.

The PDs although rearranging events do not seem to be straying too far from the manga. What I noticed in episode 17 is that they seem to be trying to bridge JD and JP back together with JP saving JD. In the manga, it was Rui (Jihoo) that saved her. I was wondering how they were going to start the bridge after so much JD/JH moments. imo, JP's words to JD makes her start to feel that he still loves her that's why she looked back at him as she was leaving. It's also the reason that she is so devastated at seeing JK hug him from behind. She's confused. Oh my, I just can't wait to see the end of JK and JH and the beginning of JD/JP. There's a reason why the say love is better the second time around.

Guest switcme

I think she played Goong Yoo's grandmother in drama Coffee Prince. You know the Chairwoman.

I think....not sure though.

Guest kimngoc266

I enjoyed reading all your post.

Jun Pyo and Jandi will definitely end up together. People comment that Jun Pyo is indecisive, one minute is cold toward Jandi, the next shows that he still cares for her.

People have to understand that in real world, you can't live on love alone. People have to eat and they also have responsibility toward their family, especially for Jun Pyo, who grew up with huge responsible as the heir of a big company. He is also loyal to people that he love, his deceased father. He has to keep promise that he made with his dead father plus 700,000 employee who depend on him to provide for their families. He has to take care of the company, but at the same time, he's still very in love with Jandi. He is still very young, yet he is pushed into a very difficult situation which he doesn't know how to handle. Eventually, he'll find a way out.

Jun Pyo and Jandi. Fighting.

Guest Schneewitchen

I think if they let Jihoo and Jandi end up together, the PDs will probably get sued by the original author.

I think JIhoo is great as a character, but the central essential message of the story written by Kamio Yoko was that the love between JD and JP will conquer all, difference in background, old hag moms, crazy stalkers, etc. etc. etc. The K-version does not do a good job of conveying to the viewers of how strongly JP feels about Jandi.

That is my opinion as well. Lately I do not see any romantic feelings from JP towards JD. If I were JD I would never look back at JP, I would go on with life and with JH. The J version was not that missleading and the male lead was never that cruel to Makino like JP is.

If the drama was under another name, I'd accept a JH/JD ending, because honestly, this JP isn't very worth waiting for. But since this story is supposed to be part of Kamio Yoko's HYD franchise, then it's only right that the story unfolds how it was meant to go. Otherwise, the PDs shouldn't have wasted the big bucks to buy the production rights to HYD, instead they should have just said that they're making another cinderella story drama where rich boy falls in love with destitute girl.

I enjoyed reading all your post.

Jun Pyo and Jandi will definitely end up together. People comment that Jun Pyo is indecisive, one minute is cold toward Jandi, the next shows that he still cares for her.

People have to understand that in real world, you can't live on love alone. People have to eat and they also have responsibility toward their family, especially for Jun Pyo, who grew up with huge responsible as the heir of a big company. He is also loyal to people that he love, his deceased father. He has to keep promise that he made with his dead father plus 700,000 employee who depend on him to provide for their families. He has to take care of the company, but at the same time, he's still very in love with Jandi. He is still very young, yet he is pushed into a very difficult situation which he doesn't know how to handle. Eventually, he'll find a way out.

How can the high schooler JP provide for 700.000 employees????? Doesn'tthe company have any professionals employed? what kind of chaebol are they depending on a high school kid.

Guest Daiquiri

Hi gals,

I tried to check pages back and make sure I am not reposting news. This veteran actress will be in Ep19 next week.

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w166/idetam/M1.jpg

My guess is she will probably play the head of maid role in JP's home. She will contribute to bringing our couple together!

So I guess the maid arc is a very likely a possibility. I'm glad they chose this actress, I loved her in Coffee Prince.

^^ LOL you're right. but it's because this is a fictional story that all these things are "believable."

You're right, in normal circumstances, it's unlikely that JP would be taking over the company immediately upon his father's death because of his youth and impulsiveness. Although there are many 2nd gen. heirs who forgo going to college ie. Paris Hilton, (but looking at our contemporaries, it's more common now for them to go to college first then inherit, i.e. Ivanka Trump who went to Wharton Business, and is now like a VP for her father's conglomerate) BUT in GBN world, it's acceptable and JP can inherit despite his inexperience because it's fiction.

Also, his role in having to "take over the company," was a lot of just keeping up appearances. Because the head of SHINHWA group passed away suddenly, JP had to step up and present himself as the "NEW FACE OF THE COMPANY," so that people will not lose faith in SHINHWA group and start selling their stock shares. It's also one of the reasons why President Kang wants JP and JK to get hitched, because it's to show that SHINHWA GROUP, despite the loss of their reliable leader, has a cemented future.

Guest melyssa

new to this thread...

Loving BOF lots too ... because of its added minor plots on relationship between JH and his grandfather, EJ's story on how he's like that, etc. Refreshing from the usual main plot and that's why I'm still watching it even after MG and HYD. Nice job to PD/writer!!

LMH is really great as GJP; I like his style of portrayal this character ... quite a unique one compared to the usual Domouji/DaoMingshi that we know ...

KHJ's Jihoo is also mesmerizing and it's making me wish for once that JD should end up with him instead... but we know it's never meant to be!

Glad to learn that GHS is back and well! ^^

Thanks polaris for the translation for the Happy Together Part 2. I didn't know there was a part 2. I thought it was done already. Anyways, it was still fun to watch.

Hmm...the maid arc....I'm so happy they included that. Would that happen during the YJ storyline? That sounds very cool. Finally, more JP and JD scenes.

I wonder how YJ's storyline is going to progress. I hope everything will be okay for him. Same for JH, I want to see him with his grandfather again. It was so sad when he was sitting in the auditorium(?) watching the home movies that had his grandfather in them. I hope that part where he gets sick would be the part where his grandfather and him gets to see each other again.

Hehe...this is really stupid but I just realized that the four people in the square relationship all start with J's. So, that necklace that had J heart J could mean anything. It could mean JD and JP or JD and JH or JP and JK....and weirdly JH and JK(?). Hmm...that was a funny thought.

Thanks huangsy for posting that vod that stated that the show would have an extra episode. I hope that with that extra episode, the PD could properly end the show off the way it was supposed to be without having to cut the episodes as a result of time constraints.

Hmm....I love the BOF 2nd Ost, but for some reason, I don't seem to like the SS501 song being the ending song. I guess it could be the way Ep. 17 ended. It might sound better for the other episodes. The reason is because the new SS501 song is kind of up beat and happy. The last part where JD saw JP with JK in the swimming pool isn't supposed to be happy. When the song came on, I was like what, that doesn't sound right. I think if they put Because I'm Stupid there, that would sound better. Well, it was just my feeling. I'm pretty sure it won't be that bad later.

Again, I wished there was a 2nd Jandi for Ji Hoo....that way he won't be so sad...well, I hope his grandfather is able to make him happy again after he loses Jandi to Jun Pyo.

This is just my opinion, judging from the plot that the writers or PD been doing with "BOF" , running on the secret marriage thing in Jeju island, this is just A wild guest, I just remembered when YJ called JD in Episode 8 part 5 I think, he called JD using JP celphone, saying that JP was in the hospital? we know the next scene there is JD came running to the hospital, even wearing different shoes, and she cried over the sick bed of JP and told JP that she is willing to say to JP, what JP wants to hear from her, Do you remember that scene, when JP opens his eyes, and told JD srt of teasing JD, that she really loves JP, now what if this time it's the other way around, JH made the plot telling JP that He will marry JD in Jeju island, he needs the F2 again for this and maybe JK too, it maybe just a photoshoot or maybe a real ceremony, that's when JP will see JH and JD will get married, then JP will stop the Wedding or something, that the time JP will rush to get JD back and JH will smile and will tell JP," You should have done this before and stand up for your love for JD you shoud have not suffered a lot of hardship and so on" , then JP will realized that JH is really a true best friend and JP & JD will get back to each other then. JD will be very happy and JP too, JIHOO must be happy but deep inside he's hurting but his love for JD is so much, he'll rather see JD happy with JP, I think after JD will help JH with his grandfather to get back together, he'll be happy too, then maybe again wishful thinking JH might meet someone he'll see a girl just like JD who is cute and we'll make him laugh.

Jihoo's character will be consistent is his self sacrificing and selflesness, he's willing to so anything for his love to be happy. Tha's is just my wild imagination, basing with the storyline and plot. With the korean's plot all will be happy.what do you think, that why there are photoshoot of JD and JH wedding contest and all.

Guest sweet_maple

Someone clarify something for me:

Does this drama make you feel that JH and JD are more fitting to be together than JP & JD? I mean, I'm rooting for JP & JD because I know that they are going to end up together. However, I feel JH and JD share something much deeper than JP&JD. JH and JD are able to talk about their emotions, future plans, and their past; they are able to enjoy each other's companies and go out and do fun stuff. Plus, it's less difficult to be with each other. JP&JD's relationship seemed forced; it seems that JP forced himself upon her and chased her until she liked him. Moreover, I guess there are more difficulties in the JP&JD relationship than JD&JH. BUt then, I guess one can argue that it isn't love unless it can conquer all trials and tribulations.

I don't know...I guess that's the dilemma the PD wants to present: Here are two perfect guys, perfect/sweet in their own respective ways. Usually a drama only has one kind of guy and that one is significantly better than the other. This drama has TWO who are really good for JD. Who do you think is the better one?

Indeed, JH is really prefect but not for only Jan Di but every girls, so we can see that JD is better with JH than JP. It seems that JH has no weak point in love, he is warm-heart, a calm guy, always appears in-need. But sometimes we are in love with an imprefect person to make us become perfect :rolleyes: . I think it's a point

Guest juneforest2000

^^ LOL you're right. but it's because this is a fictional story that all these things are "believable."

You're right, in normal circumstances, it's unlikely that JP would be taking over the company immediately upon his father's death because of his youth and impulsiveness. Although there are many 2nd gen. heirs who forgo going to college ie. Paris Hilton, (but looking at our contemporaries, it's more common now for them to go to college first then inherit, i.e. Ivanka Trump who went to Wharton Business, and is now like a VP for her father's conglomerate) BUT in GBN world, it's acceptable and JP can inherit despite his inexperience because it's fiction.

Also, his role in having to "take over the company," was a lot of just keeping up appearances. Because the head of SHINHWA group passed away suddenly, JP had to step up and present himself as the "NEW FACE OF THE COMPANY," so that people will not lose faith in SHINHWA group and start selling their stock shares. It's also one of the reasons why President Kang wants JP and JK to get hitched, because it's to show that SHINHWA GROUP, despite the loss of their reliable leader, has a cemented future.

I agreed to your points. Another view of mine is mama kang wanted JP to know his status and importance as a heir of SHINHWA group so he will GET AWAY from JD and be realistic that he is different from other ppl. Never did she knows, she is actually making miserable life for her precious son and making JP LOVE JD EVEN MORE!!! :)

Maybe, should kinda thank her too :P

Indeed, JH is really prefect but not for only Jan Di but every girls, so we can see that JD is better with JH than JP. It seems that JH has no weak point in love, he is warm-heart, a calm guy, always appears in-need. But sometimes we are in love with an imprefect person to make us become perfect :rolleyes: . I think it's a point

actually i don't think that JH is the perfect guy

he has some major issues that he should deal with before getting into a relationship

especially about the death of his parents, and the awkwardness between him and his grandfather...

he always keeps to himself which i think is bad... he should learn to lean on his friends

other than that yeah he's almost perfect~ ^_^

but im still rooting for JP and JD!

Guest XiahxTiffany

well JH isnt the perfect guy ^

but really he needs a girl that will be with him forever

yea always JD and JP

but i feel so bad for JH rite now :(

Guest polaris

Continued summary from (part 1: 3/5/09 Happy Together) post on page 892.

part 2: Hyun Joong loved soccer so much he used to run and play soccer so hard until there was a hint of blood smell in his throat (??) He said he loved that feeling so much and everyone is shocked... then Park Myung Soo says. " you must like Sun Ji Soup (which is a soup with blood chunks in it :w00t: puahaha) Everyone is taken back by this comment haha~ Hyun Joong said that he loved competing with himself and pushing himself to the maximum. They said to Hyung Joong.. "we heard that you also were very smart in school as well.." Yoo Jae Suk heard that HyunJoong was #1 in math as well in middle school. .but Hyung Joong said he stopped studying hard after that because his interest was focused on music. However, Hyung Joong does have smarts. Park Myung Soo also added to this saying "You cant become famous if youre stupid" ..then he contemplates and says "hey then what happened to me?"

Park Hwe Soon's story is of a winter coat. He said he was driving to work from Suwon when suddenly he had an emergency #2 situation. The only bathroom nearby was the subway bathrooms so he ran really fast to the bathroom. However when he went in one of the stalls there was no place to hook his winter coat...so he kind of half hung it on top of the door. He was finally doing his #2 business when suddenly someone snatches his coat from outside and runs off. He said:

" I was so taken by surprise.. I wasnt even finished doing all of my #2 but I had to run after the guy who took my coat. So I rolled a bunch of tissue on my hand and stuck it in my butt :w00t: and pulled up my pants.. but i didnt even have time to button my pants so I had to hold my pants up while chasing after the guy. It was morning time so the subway was packed full with people on their way to work. THat guy,realizing that I was chasing him was also extremely surprised and taken back so he took out my wallet from my coat pocket, threw the coat down and ran away. Then a young woman approached me and asked "arent you Park Hwe Soon? and I answered ..uhh yes.. I am. Later I checked my minihompy website and someone had taken a picture of me not from the front but from behind with a big lump (rolled up tissue) in the back of my pants and posted it up. "

-------(change scene to the sauna) (whenever someone laughs they get sprayed by water)-----

YJS asks how GHS came to be popular actress and GHS says orignially she wanted to be a singer but her manager said she should give up that dream and go for acting instead. They talk about GHS's start as an Ulzzang.

Park Myung Soo (PMS ^^) asks HJ.. werent you ulzzang too? Didnt you take self camera pics of yourself?

HJ: no I didnt do those things because it seems too cheezy to me.

Kyu Jong: THat's not true! In Japan he took his top off and told us to take a pic of him. ^^ (haha)

YJS: HYung Joon has said his complex is his lips.. what about you Kim Joon, do you have a complex?

KimJoon: my eyes

THey ask: why? your eyes are pretty.

KJ: I always think that I am clearly opening my eyes but people always tell to open my eyes. They say I look sleepy.

PHS: Can you say that while looking at MY eyes?? (haha~ people get sprayed)

they ask what about you Kyu Jong?

KyuJong: These days I am always worrying because my hair keeps falling out!

PHS: Can you look at Park Myung Soo and say that? (puahaha)

PMS: you havent even started yet

ladyand YJS ask GHS: what are your worries?

GHS: I try to live without thinking about worries. Even if something occurs to worry me, I make an effort not to think of it as a worry.

they ask HJ: what are your worries

HJ: I thought I would be an idol forever, but I'm concerned because mustache hair and other hairs (touching his armpits) keeps growing all of a sudden. (everyone laughs and gets sprayed)

lady asks HJ: does that mean you had no hairs before? when did you start growing body hair?

HJ: I didnt have any when I first became an idol.. but afterwards body hairs keep growing and it's not like I can shave my armpits or anything.

lady: wow that's pretty late

PHS: I started growing hair in elementary school. This (he points to his beard) is exactly what I looked like in my second year of middle school.

lady: I think even after you finish BOF .. you all will automatically become Hallyu stars since this drama is already well known overseas. Dont you think so?

Everyone embarrassed to answer this question: ....

lady: yea I guess even if you think so, you wont say it outloud.

PMS: I saw the Japanese version of F4 and..

two ladies: I think our F4's image is the best. THey most closely resemble the characters from the manga.

lady: actually in my opinion, overall the men in our country are pretty good looking.

PHS: I am also Korean.

PMS: for work purpose does anyone of you study or speak any foreign languages?

YJS: Kyu Jong and HJ speak Japanese pretty well because they have gone there several times for work.

HJ: I'm not that good at English though. just a little bit of Japanese

PMS: english and japanese are fundamental to me.

(people ask him to say something)

PMS: seuh me mah saeng.

HJ's reply: Go learn some more.

PMS: GHS what did they call you when you were young?

GHS: Gu Deh Gi (Grub/Maggot)

YJS: what about you Kim Joon?

KJ: Noon teng eeh (bug eyes/big eyes)

what about Hwe Soon?

PHW: teacher Kim Ku also Kim Jong Il (North Korean communist leader) also some type of bread "Gun Bbang" because it is a bread with two holes.

PMS: all of you guys must have really packed schedules. How do you keep up your health and stay alert?

GHS:( lists some energy drink and medicine)...

they ask HJ same thing..

HJ: I dont do anything ..I just bear it with my brute determination

they ask KJ..

KJ: Have you heard of "Yoo Chae eeh tahl" .(???) (maybe some kind of mental focus?)

they ask if he can show how he does it..

KJ: (gives empty void expression)

they ask Kyu Jong..

KyuJong: I go to jjim jil bahng (sauna) or play internet video game (gun game)

they ask HweSoon..

PHW: I wish I had some work...I have nothing to do these days.

other lady: GHS.. since you are an ulzzang, can you teach us some poses and secrets to taking great pics?

GHS: (poses with her two fingers bent)

-----

part 3 later ^^

------

edit:

Part 3:

GHS shows another Ulzzang pose

YJS: this pose.. you have to put air in your cheeks.

(everyone tries it.. PMS looks strangely at YJS doing the pose and caption says: NOt everyone can pull off this pose)

PMS: HJ shows us your ulzzang pose. A pose you are confident with.

(HJ gives a sexy hot look and some screaming ensues... even the staff women(water sprayers) were affected by HJ's pose. )

lady asks Kim Joon for a pose

Kim Joon: (he does a weird 'blow air from the side of his mouth' pose haha) (caption says "What was that?)

the other lady: He looked like MR. Bean there!

YJS: Ah that's why they say he looks like Mr. Bean~

they ask for Kyu Jong's pose

Kyu Jong: gives a come hither look as well ^^

YJS asks Hwe soon for his most confident pose

PHS: gives a weird happy dopey look.

YJS: Park Myung Soo..please show GHS your best brightest face..1...2...3..

GHS laughs immediately after looking at PMS.

Guest ml_87

JP has been bipolar towards JD since Ep 13. Granted, it's not up to his own will, but the time that JP spends denying his emotions and his love for JD is supposed to be VERY SHORT. Although the fiancee arc does last about the same amount of time in the canon, JP was definitely more adamant about his disagreement with the marriage, at least to JD. In this version, JD doesn't even know if JP is really against the marriage or not. He just says he knows nothing about it, but he never clarifies to JD, I don't want to marry HJK, for me, Geum Jan Di is the only woman. This to me is OUT OF CHARACTER. In this story written by the author, the reason why JD is willing to go through SO MUCH for JP is because JP ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS lets her know, makes her believe, that the two of them are MEANT TO BE TOGETHER. You don't get that sense in this series. That is my complaint.

again, he doesn't show JANDI how much he cares for her. JP is supposed to make it very clear to JK very early on that he doesn't want to marry her, and that he will find another way to save his family's company w/o her family's help. MOREOVER the JP in this series also is not truthful with F3, which is also unlike himself. Again, it's NOT the fact that the order of events was rearranged, that I can deal with, but the fact that the CHARACTERS are not who they are supposed to be. They are NOT the characters that the author created them to be, this is ANOTHER character that was created by the Korean PDs. Of course they ARE allowed to do this, but if they were going to create their own personality to JP, why are they even bothering with the HYD franchise then!?

come on guys, u're a little bit manga-addicted^^ i think what JP in this version has been through is much more than the one in the manga. furthermore, the manga was published more than 10 years ago, some is not suitable to our life today. i dont think that a heir of such a big corporation like shinwa should be that kind of childishand somwhat irrespnsible like tsukasa in the manga. the mature Jp is more reasonable. furthermore, i suppose that he is put in such a hard situation. i cant think that a 19 year-old boy can find a solution right away. he needs time. u can say that he doesnt trust F3, but that he hasnt say the truth to F3 doesnt mean it at all. that's JP's chracteristics. he wants to solve himself. eventhough he is misunderstood by everyone, he doesnt explain.

next, he didnt say "He just says he knows nothing about it", he said " it has nothing to do with him". u know, in his current position, he cant say more. back to korea, facing JD, he cant hide his feeling anymore, but at the same time, he still keeps the promise with his mom :tears: so how can he say: " i never marry JK. for me u're the only woman" -> how can he say that after being cold to JD in Macau

come on guys, u're a little bit manga-addicted^^ i think what JP in this version has been through is much more than the one in the manga. furthermore, the manga was published more than 10 years ago, some is not suitable to our life today. i dont think that a heir of such a big corporation like shinwa should be that kind of childishand somwhat irrespnsible like tsukasa in the manga. the mature Jp is more reasonable. furthermore, i suppose that he is put in such a hard situation. i cant think that a 19 year-old boy can find a solution right away. he needs time. u can say that he doesnt trust F3, but that he hasnt say the truth to F3 doesnt mean it at all. that's JP's chracteristics. he wants to solve himself. eventhough he is misunderstood by everyone, he doesnt explain.

next, he didnt say "He just says he knows nothing about it", he said " it has nothing to do with him". u know, in his current position, he cant say more. back to korea, facing JD, he cant hide his feeling anymore, but at the same time, he still keeps the promise with his mom :tears: so how can he say: " i never marry JK. for me u're the only woman" -> how can he say that after being cold to JD in Macau

Totally agree with you. I can see his anguish in the ep 17 (after "handing over" JD to JH). Hopefully his sister is going to rescue him soon.