[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest MiyuKanata09

I'm guessing master's father was the president aka JH's grandfather's chef... master's father might bring his son (master of JD and GE) to work thats why JH's grandfather (the old man who always come to 'Slow Food') know the master... so technically the master might also know JH...but JH doesn't recognize him because he might kept his mind close about the past after the accident...

i'm also guessing that the accident was happened because of the assasination for the president which is JH's grandfather... JH might goofing aroud with his father on the time of accident, so he blame himself for the accident thats why he became autistic.. on the other hand JH's grandfather blame himself and never return home because he don't want his grandson to be in danger but JH might think that his grandfather never return because he was mad at him, so basically he even more blame himself...

anyway this is just all my predictions...

hmm.. I think the situations aren't THAT similar. People have been saying the same thing you said, but I think I'm the minority here. It's definitely not the same for a number of reasons. JP is hurting JD because he loves her(I think), and JD never meant to hurt JP in season 1, I think JP kinda set himself up to get hurt(because JD didn't love him then). A lot of people are saying that it's her turn to be jealous, but I think she gave enough up for JP already. She suffered enough in season one: the bullying, the kidnapping/getting hit by a chair(and because of this, loosing swimming), her family loosing their business, her working multiple jobs, etc.

And I don't think she needs to prove herself worthy of JP going against his mom. She gave up her dream for him, and she never once blamed him or regretted it(I keep mentioning this...but I think it's really significant). What else can the girl give? She said herself that swimming was the one thing she had.

Fantastic post!!! i cant add anymore to this than what you said. I think JD had much more to lose coming into this relationship and she lost big time!

hmm.. I think the situations aren't THAT similar. People have been saying the same thing you said, but I think I'm the minority here. It's definitely not the same for a number of reasons. JP is hurting JD because he loves her(I think), and JD never meant to hurt JP in season 1, I think JP kinda set himself up to get hurt(because JD didn't love him then). A lot of people are saying that it's her turn to be jealous, but I think she gave enough up for JP already. She suffered enough in season one: the bullying, the kidnapping/getting hit by a chair(and because of this, loosing swimming), her family loosing their business, her working multiple jobs, etc.

And I don't think she needs to prove herself worthy of JP going against his mom. She gave up her dream for him, and she never once blamed him or regretted it(I keep mentioning this...but I think it's really significant). What else can the girl give? She said herself that swimming was the one thing she had.

Good point. I agree that the hurting is not the same as when Jandi did Junpyo. Junpyo DID have too much expectation of her requiting his love and it wasn't Jandi's fault that she didn't feel the same way as him back then. But I think that Jandi needs to get through this to realize once and for all that Junpyo is the one she wants. I said it like she has never given Junpyo anything, but she has. But this time, she does this truly for herself. The things she did in the past, most of them (case in point: searching for the star necklace in the snowstorm, throwing herself to be beaten by a chair, etc) are triggered by Junpyo's giving first (he gave her the necklace, he got beaten badly). So if she fights for Junpyo now, it will be because she truly wants him, instead of trying to level with his good acts.

One other thing is that we get to see how she would deal with Jihoo making a move again (I think he's gonna pursue her again, right? After seeing Junpyo ignoring her). I really like the Soulmate concept between Jandi and Jihoo but it feels like we haven't got the real closure between them. Jihoo is still pining for her and she still turns to him in moments of hardship (she thought of him when making valentine chocolates too). So now, with Jandi fighting for Junpyo, we can get to see that it's Junpyo, she doesn't waver on the fact that she loves only Junpyo.

You are absolutely right, JD is definitely giving up a lot more for JP. She never asked for his love, he forced his way into her heart...whatever JP wants JP gets without thinking about the consequences.

You mentioned this already, but I wanted to add a little bit more:

1. JD was bullied by other students because of JP

2. JD was kidnapped and hit by a chair because of JP

3. JD can no longer swim competitively (her dream and the one thing she believe she was good at)

4. JD's family lost their dry cleaner business, forced to be street vendors

5. JD's lost her first love because of JP (it could be argued that JH and JD's relationship never really blossom but I think if JP had not been so aggressive JH and JD would eventually become a couple) This is coming from somebody that's glad JP was so single minded in winning JD's love.

We'll find out whether JP's reasons for treating the woman he professed to love warrant his cold behavior towards her in ep. 14.

Guest XiahxTiffany

ok finally i understand wat has happened :P

o well wat happened is wat happened

but yea really when is Jihoo's grandpa real role going to be shown?

and i wonder if JH and JD will be together again for real this time

but still 100% lover of JP and JD couple

JP come on get ur act together!!! show her how much u love her!!! >_<

LMAO

What's up with that part where the gangster asks if Woobin is Prince So and he gives a really bad richard simmons YEAH

HAHAHA I rewatched that many times too, because Prince Song is such a crappy mafia name! PRINCE SONG!

But awww no worries Woo Bin, you still look really bad richard simmons fighting!

Guest angeltearz49

hey, sorry to interrupt all the new episode discussion n everything, but does anyone know what drama is playing on TV at Jandi's house in ep. 13? i really like the instrumental piece. thanks.

Guest mintiful

i finally understand that "master" guy; so he was the presidents chef? cool.

ahaha but he doesn't look THAT old -____________- hahaha so yeah I was like,

um.. what? HAHAH But yeah, maybe thats why the grandpa keeps

coming back to the place, cause he likes his old chef-or you know what

I mean,-s food :)

i thought master's dad was the president's chef. that's why the grandpa was like cook something you are better at than your dad?

i kinda differ in my opinion regarding episode 13. There is a very obvious disparity, that being the scenes filmed in korea completely outshone the ones in macau. And i'm saying that based on the emotional depth portrayed by the casts. I know it can't be helped since the ones in macau were filmed way earlier. The highlight of this episode for me is the part where jandi was filming the video message for junpyo. It made me tear when i didn't expect it to happen. Every second of that video message was brilliant, from the initial awkwardness to how she addressed junpyo by his name (somehow the way she said it shows how fond she is of him and it sounds cute at the same time), the part where she quickly wiped off her tear when she asked if he was doing well... Even jihoo's portrayal showed much more depth. I'm moved by how he took the initiative to drag her to the hospital to do the MRI and how sensitive he was to see through her when she lied that she had already seen the doctor.

Another favorite scene is at jandi's house where her fmaily were sewing the cat plushies and how her brother remarked it kinda looked like junpyo hyungnim. And the scene that jandi basically held on to junpyo's promise in the phone to see her through these 6 months added a good touch. This is also the first time that i actually think jandi looked prettier than gaeul. haha... i'm not trying to be shallow, but jandi's hair tied up in a ponytail actually looks quite cute. Either that, or her make up has changed somewhat.

THe macau part reminded me of a travel documentary for the most part. And junpyo's longer hair somehow made me think he had walked right off an opera stage and changed into a business suit. I guess i'm all ready for straight haired junpyo. The main attraction in macau is probably the appearance of jaekyung. Unlike most evil fiancees, she's completely cool, chivalrous and free-spirited. I think junpyo's mom couldn't have found a better match. The episode mentioned that junpyo's father had died, and jihoo mentioned abt his(?) burial, if that's the case it seemed highly unlikely that madam kang could have faked it. If it's true, then I'm really interested to know why junpyo is acting the way he is and what will cause him to change and be himself again later on. The manga originally had it that he made a pact with his mom that if he spent some time away from jandi and be involved in his company, she would let him make his own choices after that. I wonder if they have the same deal here. If that's the case, I can completely understand it when junpyo ignored jandi when he spotted her in his hotel, he was much too anxious abt the deal they were to sign with JK company. If he ruined it, perhaps it would ruin his chance to do what he wants. And he trusts jandi enough to know that she will believe and hold on to him. It's kinda funny how Secretary Jung was more concerned abt junpyo's love life than the man himself...

As of now i still don't hate junpyo. But if he outright suggest that they break up in tomorrow's episode, then i will turn my back on him. Becoz if he means it (eventhough he may have a very good reason) i still think he's far worse than jihoo who kissed jandi in new caledonia. Jandi never told junpyo she liked him then, but junpyo had been reaffirming his love for jandi all the while, and his departing words to jandi in episode 12 were no other than 'i love you'. If he breaks the relationship, it will be a severe blow to jandi.

Guest ethopia

I'm guessing master's father was the president aka JH's grandfather's chef... master's father might bring his son (master of JD and GE) to work thats why JH's grandfather (the old man who always come to 'Slow Food') know the master... so technically the master might also know JH...but JH doesn't recognize him because he might kept his mind close about the past after the accident...

i'm also guessing that the accident was happened because of the assasination for the president which is JH's grandfather... JH might goofing aroud with his father on the time of accident, so he blame himself for the accident thats why he became autistic.. on the other hand JH's grandfather blame himself and never return home because he don't want his grandson to be in danger but JH might think that his grandfather never return because he was mad at him, so basically he even more blame himself...

anyway this is just all my predictions...

hey it looks like we have the same guess...

i guessed that the guy in the newspaper was not the master but his father instead (coz u can see that the president is

kinda young in the papers) ... and becoz he's the chef maybe he lives there (counterpart of the whitehouse~i dunno

what they call it in korea) with his family so that's why he knows the old man and vice versa.. and i also dont

think that the master has something going on for JH.. he knows that JH is the grandson of the president .. that's why i think

he gave that sweet/paerty? becoz "maybe" its JH favorite or something :)

hey, sorry to interrupt all the new episode discussion n everything, but does anyone know what drama is playing on TV at Jandi's house in ep. 13? i really like the instrumental piece. thanks.
It's called Kiss the Rain and its by the South Korean pianist Yiruma

Guest kiss*kiss

^And during that drama airport scene... was that girl Oh Min Jee? I mean the actress (LSY) that played Oh Min Jee? That's what I thought for a second.

Guest yunhomithi

i just finished watching it

and as much as it pains me to say this, i actually like jp's fiancee

she seems pretty down to earth

but if theyre engaged or betrothed or w/e why was jp chatting up that girl when jandi saw him?

and dude

just seeing jp tear up made me start crying :'(

gosh i freking love this show :D

Guest snowyprincess_516

Hi,

I love this drama. Does anyone have the music instrument (exact same )that was played with GE went to YJ's house in EP 13? Thanks in advance.

Guest soon2soon

actually the Korean title is literally "flowers-than-man/men/male"

something got to give and gets lost in translation, so the closest would be Boys Over Flowers or Boys Before Flowers.

Okay - going way back to Jan and page 119 or something. There was a lot of discussion Boys Over Flowers vs. Boys Before Flowers. Whatever.

But isn't the English reversed in either case? Shouldn't it be Flowers Over Boys??? Or is it correct the way they have it? (yeah, my Korean is really poor) Nevermind how it fits in with the story, I'm just talking about a literal translation.

Guest she-smiles

episode 13 was full of WOWS, don't ya agree?

i felt sad throughout this episode.

one, because jun pyo was gone during the first 3/4 of it.

also, jandi's back problem really affected her (physically & emotionally).

& it's a hit in the face to the audience b/c jun pyo wasn't able to be there for her.

i wonder why he gave her the cold shoulder when they finally reunited?

but i guess we shall find out tomorrow!

once again, F3 to the rescue.... they're my heroes as well. :)

& it's obvious we now know who the elderly man is.

he'll play a bigger role later on, so i'm quite curious!

and yes, SOEUL MATE:

don't ya just love them?

that was a bittersweet scene.

Macau is definitely pretty.

Haha, I laughed becauseI knew the child actor (the one who tried to steal JD's luggage)!!!

And yay for Kim Joon, I think it's the first time I've heard him speak more than two lines?!!!!

And finally, in the last 2 episodes, YiJeong and GaEul seens were so short, today's one was longer.