[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Guest luzzz777

i Have a question!

Jung EiChul is coming back as a model right?

And they're saying he is playing 2 characters?

I'm kinda confused...

Can someone remind me if there was a similar character in the Japanese version?

(like, one actor played both a student and model? i cant seem to remember!)

Well, in the manga there's a transfer student called Junpei. At school he seems really shy so he gets picked on by F4. But outside of school he has a totally different personality, and he models for magazines. And because Jan Di helps him at school, he 'uses' her to get back at F4.

Guest huangsy

Well, in the manga there's a transfer student called Junpei. At school he seems really shy so he gets picked on by F4. But outside of school he has a totally different personality, and he models for magazines. And because Jan Di helps him at school, he 'uses' her to get back at F4.

My korean is very limited but BOF also has him play that role of 'using' Jandi.

However, as mentioned in 1st post, Jung plays a dual role, the other being that of a new employee at Shinhwa.

Guest Kissari

I'm a fanatic of "Hana Yori Dango". I have the manga, have watched both MG and HYD (J-drama).

To me the storyline is a winner. As long as they stick to the original storyline everything should be good. For now I'm just afraid that they'll drag out Tsukasa's memory loss (like they did in MG).

Things that bugged:

1. Hyun Joong as Rui (way too much makeup!). For the first time, I didn't fall in love w/ Rui's character.

2. F4's chemistry. This is a biggie. I don't sense the strong friendship among the F4 that was well portrayed in the other versions even if it's just the first 2 episodes. There's no chemistry between them especially in scenes w/ all 4 of them together.

3. Crappy OST. I'm surprised, since the OST for Sassy Girl Chun-hyang and My Girl were so good.

I totally agree with you about F4's chemistry. The only reason I could get through the second season of Meteor Garden was because I had to see F3 turn back to F4. Here I am not feeling that they would be incomplete if one of them were missing. I am hoping that it develops as we get further into the story.

As for Hyun Joong, it doesn't bother me much but then again I have always been one to fall for "Junpyo" in all versions.

Guest sharonfruits

Totally Love this drama

i check this forum like 5 times per day to just see if there are any goodies around

and i get more excited when reading other ppl's comments where they enjoy it as well~~~

So far its great

MORE better than i expected actually..

-Jandi

Love Hye Sun potrayal of the weed power gal....She's not only Strong in tis version...but REALLY cute as well...i agree there was SOME overacting parts...but its all good...her expressions are priceless as well...whenever she meets joon pyo...her voice gets all loud and a tone higher,and she'll be all protective and strong,their interaction part is always so cute...but with Ji Hoo, she gets all girly,shy and soft spoken..awwww,so cute.... already LOVE her!!!!

-Joon Pyo

HOT!!!!Perfect !!!exactly of wat i imagined how domyoji should be from reading the manga...He's more lovable and childish in this korean version....plus he's not SO extreme as i thought they will potray him...i mean u still can see some softness in him...oh!and Lee min ho's acting is great!!!

-Ji Hoo

Well,Hyun Joong is of coz really really PRETTY...super eye-candy...i can imagine hearing millions of fangirls screaming whenever he smiles >.<...so far he's lovable...and sweet...Hyun Joong's acting is well...ok...sometimes i noticed he's REALLY awkward or just "dead eyes" in some scenes...not sure IF the PD wanted to potray Ji Hoo that way OR its becoz Hyun Joong's acting is not to TAT level yet....BUT,its ok...i mean Rui IS suppose to be like tat...so his awkwardness will totally grow on me>.< waiting for Ji Hoo to fall more in love with Jandi....KYAAAA!!!!

-Yi Jung+ Woo Bin

Well,acting wise,the actors are doing great...espeacially Kim Joon since this is his 1st acting gig....and he looks real nature on screen...I'm waiting for their stories to develop>.<expeacially Woo Bin's story since the previous both version never really tell his side of the story...Oh Well...their both so CUTE together...>.<V

As for the Evil Trio...their not AS bad as i thought they will be...but they are still so irritating...OH MY GOD!!!!TERRIBLE!!!

So Far i LOVE this drama...hope they will get an episode rating of 20% in the 3rd ep....

MUAHAHAHHAAHA

Guest p1nchmycheeks

I just finished watching ep. 2 today.

My first disappointment was Jan Di's make up at the party. I didn't get the glow from her that makes everyone stare. In all versions, I look forward to that part the most, but eh..

But I love the shoes :D

I agree with some of you, the storyline is way too fast. Nobody is greeting Min Seo Hyun except Ji Hoo so I couldn't feel the friendship of her and F4.

Jan Di didn't get bullied enough, pancakes, big deal?

and I kinda want the "I declare war" part after she got the red card. Should be punching him hard like in japanese version instead of ice cream hehe.

Anyways, so far, I enjoy watching this drama. Go Hye Sun did a good job at being a goofy Jan Di.

and I love Rui character in this one, he looks not too cold, and he smiles more :)

Guest Cabbage

LoL, I like all versions (Taiwan, Japan and Korea)

Although I don't really like the cast for Japan version base on their looks, blame me for judging on cover.But no doubt their acting skills were good.

As for Korean version, except for Lee Min Ho hairstyle (To match with the original character in manga, I just know that)

I have no complaint and like the storyline, can't wait until next mon :)

PS: I agreed that the storyline move a bit too fast... but it has 24 episodes, guess what up next...

and this perhaps is the drama which most OST songs appeared only in the 2 episodes...

Guest miacallisto

I'm loving this series~!

Now, I can't wait for the scene wherein Domyouji gets sick and Makino took care of him. I wonder how will the Korean version do it their own way. *excited*

That's one of my favourite scenes! I can't wait for it either! Let's hope it's in one of the eps next week! :D

Guest Shiget^

I love Hana Yori Dango! ive watched the anime, Meteor Garden and Hana Yori Dango, i have to say even though i know the storyline i enjoyed every version, not to mention cry also. I dont like to compare but just no matter what you do you will compare but whats important is you were entertained. compare to all versions tw and kr F4 have less acting experience, but its okay look at tw f4 they were huge after the drama but if you look at their acting it wasnt really that good, its the story ^^

Korean version is very good too, It is really entertaining. but i think we shouldn't judge it yet we have only seen 2 episodes so far, lets wait until the story develops then we will know ^^

Guest goodnessgracious

I SORT of pity ppl here that over analyze the drama,as if there is some hidden meaning behind the drama,enjoy it as it is because honestly its only a drama not some kind of philosophical there HAS TO BE A MEANING BEHIND THIS why did they do this? Y IS HE SO BAD. if u dont like the acting dont watch it, all of you guys sound like some critics. whats the point of watching it if your going to nickpick little bits and pieces of drama n say negative things or TRY to find negative things by making up ur own meaning and ENLIGHTMENT thinking over it? its only a drama that is based on a manga, a (manga is a like a childrens book with pictures and what not in it its to enjoy for fun half sarcastic jokingly, half real).. i dont even understand why waste energy over complaining about this and that over a freaking DRAMA. SERIOUSLY. ppl, this is probably the negative affect of threads. ppl go crazy over trying find meaning, trying to complain about this part or that part, and blablabla. and have debates and what not. it ruins the drama and the fun in it.

I sort of pity people who have nothing to say about drama other than : "OMG, Kim Hyun Joong is soo HOT!!!" or "I loved the shower scene, topless Min Ho :w00t: ." It must be hard to live with such a low level of intelligence. Forum threads are made for discussion, not fangirling. Quite a lot of people read this thread because they actually want to discuss this drama with other people and this includes analyzing as well.

Guest simplicity90

loving this series! i'm spazzing about kim bum/won bin. he's so darn cute. as others said, there should be a stronger bond between F4. maybe it will develop in later episodes. in episode 2 i was hoping that jan di's entrance after seo yeon made her over could have had a bigger wow factor kinda thing, if you know what i mean. maybe if she didn't have on that white top thing. i was hoping that she would have been like drop dead gorgeous and jun pyo would have to pick his mouth up from the ground after seeing her. i think hyun joong is doing a good job, but oguri shun will always be rui for me. it's just how i feel. i can't wait until the next episode comes out! :lol:

im in love with this series...

wow... cant hardly wait to see the rest eps!! >.<

ki bum was sooo cute.. me and my friend just cant stop spazzing abt him esp. his cute smiles.....hahaha...

at first i thot Jan di was too comical...but then, i love her character even more...

ahh still 22 eps to go... i think i love this series more than the previous versions...

*jan pyo character was actually better than tao ming tse or even domyouji*

*and in love with SHinee's song too..

but i cant find it elsewhere...T_T

Guest chiara

If anyone wants character descriptions hanfever has translation some of the character descriptions.

Character Descriptions:D

Thank you so much for the link. Now I understand the Jandi's character here is indeed slight different from Makino's. I supposed that's why I thought Hye Sun was a bit overacting at first. It has changed now. So far she's okay portraying Jandi.

I sort of pity people who have nothing to say about drama other than : "OMG, Kim Hyun Joong is soo HOT!!!" or "I loved the shower scene, topless Min Ho :w00t: ." It must be hard to live with such a low level of intelligence. Forum threads are made for discussion, not fangirling. Quite a lot of people read this thread because they actually want to discuss this drama with other people and this includes analyzing as well.

I see your points of getting some valuable comments into this thread.

But it seems you are stereotyping or even prejudicing fangirl into a low level of intelligence?

I think it's too harsh. It's just my 2 cents, please don't get mad.

I have a question. Download links was posted to the full OST a few pages back? (I think?) Can anyone repost them? I'm really sorry if this has been asked constantly, >_< it's just that Soompi is loading kind of slowly, so it's taking a while for me to go through the pages. Thanks in advance. <3

Guest goodnessgracious

I see your points of getting some valuable comments into this thread.

But it seems you are stereotyping or even prejudicing fangirl into a low level of intelligence?

I think it's too harsh. It's just my 2 cents, please don't get mad.

I have nothing against fangirls as long as they are able to produce constructive sentences and can accept the fact that there will always be critisism, whether they like it or not. I was just pointing out that this thread is not a fan thread, and saying that people are not allowed to analyze drama in a drama thread is rather silly.

Why should I get mad? You just expressed you opinion without offending me, I am absolutely fine with that.

Dont forget that JP is only 17. I think it's quite fine when I remember my first love. LOL. The movie names Boys over flowers not Men overs flowers. They are just some boys!! Of course they dont know what is love yet. I like the way JP showing his emotion. Some kind of possession, misunderstand. He is angry and curious on the Jandi, the first person, and the first girl can fight him back. And that is the way he fall for her..They will go through some stages to truly love each other, to understand how to love other pp and receive their caring.

I think the drama is..good. Waiting the next episode..

Are you sure? Since all F4 are 19-20 according to KBS website.

Guest guccigal

Yah Please do pity us! :D:P LMH is the hottest DMZ! :w00t: :w00t: Hot hot hot

Guest guccigal

Unlike most of you, I think the plot, pacing, casting acting (esp of LMH and the Korean Rui) is great.

Maybe except for JD's helmet like hairdo. Even the school b*tches are too cute and loveable.

This might become my favorite among the three versions.

Guest heorungnghenhac

I have a question......

I cannot understand the scene in ep2 when F4 was in the airport. It seemed that they were going to travel ( I saw all of them haing passport, including Ji Hoo), but then, JH went to pick SeoHuyn( HCY). I felt that he accidentally met her in the airport and then pick her up, what's that???? I thought F4 was very close to SeoHyun, but it seems that they didn't know her coming back, even Ji Hoo. Am I right???? Very confused about this scene.

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img.news.yahoo.co.kr/picture/2009/e7/20090109/20090109161214568e7_161413_1.jpg[/img

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img.news.yahoo.co.kr/picture/2009/e7/20090109/20090109161214568e7_161413_2.jpg[/img

So does does this mean that the bullying isn't over yet?

It might sound weird but I actually like it when Makino gets bullied because

I love it when Goo Hey Sun gets teary-eyed, it's so touching.

Not exactly the whole f4 but basically just Domyouji coz he's mad jealous since Makino is always

hanging out with him

heorungnghenhac

I was very confused with that scene too.

SeoHyun coming back to Korea and the field trip happened at the same time so I wondered if

JiHoo was supposed to go to the field trip too.

Although WooBin said something about one of the f4 boys doesn't usually come on school trips

but I don't exactly know who he's addressing it to, Jihoo or JunPyo.

And then suddenly SeoHyun and Jihoo were also in the same island as were Junpyo and Jandi were and

then there was a party???

It's like they just jumbled different events together for the sake of having it on the episode...