[Drama 2009] Boys Over Flowers / Hana Yori Dango 꽃보다 남자

Rebby

Sheherizade3,

Luv to read ur comments.

I cant say more since u said them ol out. As for me, these 2 episodes really2 entertaining.

By comparing BBF wif HYD and MG, I think, I enjoyed more watching BBF so far rather than the 1st 2 episodes in HYD and MG.

Guest Jonanovi

I have the exact same shirt as Joon Pyo does when he's golfing in the first 5 minutes of the second episode. I bought it over the summer from Juicy Couture men's collection. What a coincidence! It made me feel very... high class just like the F4 (haha, that's how shallow I am).

Wish I could keep up with this thread but it's moving REALLY fast.

sheherizade3's descriptions and screencaps for episode two are the best that I've yet seen regarding this new series. :) It just astounds me that there is a thought-process out there in some corners that can't get it's head around the idea that Jan-di can take an immediate dislike to Jun Pyo based upon what she knows of him. For a person who believes in standing up for what is right and has an immediate grasp just when and where an injustice is appearent, Jan-di was never slow to take note and only once guilty of inaction. The very first hint she has that there are scoundrels in her midst is in the opening sequence when she stumbles upon the victim of a brutal beating, whose only respite from more savagery is in his becoming a suicide for their enthusiastic amusement. If torture, ridicule, unbridled and unabated cruelty, and attempted rape (to list a few of the more egregious offenses) aren't enough for some, then it seems that there are those amongst our audience who would fit in rather easily within the student body of this particular "upper class" school.

As far as the show and the acting of it's star goes; Keep in mind that this is not a documentary; this is a live action manga. To that end, each of those featured have perfomed well according to the script and the director's interpretation. The one that is faced with the task of lugging this entire candy store around, however, is by leaps and bounds, the most abundent talent in the group. And it shows, brilliantly!!! Hating her just because she's surrounded by a group of one's favored idols, and one is not, does not change that bit of reality one iota. ;)

I absolutely adore Ginger. Although she does throw some awkward english here and there, her oh my god is passable than the other F4 i-forgot-his-name yo yo! Besides, she's pretty and evil. So that's okay.

One more thing. I kind of got bored here and then. I think there's something wrong with the production or editing team. Scenes that i thought are interesting are cut short while some useless stuffs are dragged longer. Besides, the sound effect they dubbed bore me. It sounded like they took some sound effects from 90's cartoons and dubbed in the drama.

So i concluded that if the drama fails, i dont think it's because of the casts. Although not perfect, they arent half that bad. The editing that makes the drama less interesting. However, the casts make me curious on how their development would be. I hope they do better in the next episodes. I do not want to lose interest with this one, please, PD-nim i'm begging you.

You could not have said it better.

That is exactly how I feel with this version, like they don't really give much effort into the editing.

It's like "you guys know what the story is anyway, so why bother"...

Thanks for the OST uploads XD Also to everyone who is posting all the screencaps & other goodies. Eagerly anticipating the kiss btwn Jandi & Ji Hoo XDD

^Thankyou for posting these manga scans! Aah... reminiscing one of the greatest reads ever <3

Aren't you being hypocritical? You say you don't like comparisons, but you have just compared KHJ to the guy who played Rui in Meteor Graden <_< . If you are not mature enough to accept that there are critisisms, don't read them. I did not say this drama is bad, I was just sharing my opinion as a whole. Whatever s written in the first post (which I didn't read before) comparisons with HYD are inevitable. If you have noticed some scenes in BOF were taken from the Japanese HYD and those scenes are not in the manga. So sayng that Korean version and Japanese versions are competely are unrelated adaptations of the same manga is untrue.
^lol

I never said the Korean & Japanese versions are unrelated. Also hypocrisy is when you do exactly what you're asking someone else not to do (or vice versa.) There is a fine line btwn critique & criticism. My comment about KHJ reminding me of Vic was a statement of personal observation, if you realise, I make no comparison here as comparison involves judgement on performance, rating of who is better, which I have not done. I have never criticised anyone's performance, which is the one thing that is frustrating coming into this thread.

In fact I will probably stop frequenting this thread not because I am not mature enough to accept the criticism, but I feel like unconstructive criticism is pointless. And here I run the risk if being given a warning, but hey, at least I know how to spell criticism.

Guest polaris

it almost reminds me of Beauty and the Beast...

JP as a mixture of the Beast and Gaston...BBgaston.jpg

then there's the three silly girls...

and Belle. =)

Guest heartdrops

Is anyone else having trouble with the OST?

Starting from link 5 -10, it doesn't work =/

Edit: Nvm, don't think it's out yet.

Guest kamkam12694

OMG! i love the korean version so much.

the f4 look so much better in the korean one hehe.

now i'm dying to see ep3

i have a question though,

are they going to put season 1 and season 2 together?

it seems like it becase of the cast listed on the first page.

the girl joon pyo meets when he loses his memory is there.

Guest Kui~Xian

Does anyone happen to have a download-able link for episode 1 with English subs? I cant seem to find it =X And the streaming sites posted earlier didn't work on my computer. Thanks so much!

Guest misshakissh

OMG! i love the korean version so much.

the f4 look so much better in the korean one hehe.

now i'm dying to see ep3

i have a question though,

are they going to put season 1 and season 2 together?

it seems like it becase of the cast listed on the first page.

the girl joon pyo meets when he loses his memory is there.

im sorry but this story is going by THE MANGA,, not the other countries drama. please seriously i hate reminding ppl, this is a adaptation of a MANGa NOT a remake of a japanese drama. the manga has all the characters obviously. there is NO season 1 or 2 in the manga. its just a entire storyline.

Guest Screen Name

<_< No, I didn't say that Korea isn't allowed to have helicopters, geez. Nor was I looking down on Korea. Don't have to be all butthurt about it. I meant that in a crowded area, I wouldn't expect a helicopter. I would expect the countryside or something for a helicopter to land.

Whatever. It's just a stupid toy helicopter.

"I didn't say that Korea isn't allowed." Is what you said, so you do look down on Korea. Helicopters are not only made for country side areas. Helicopters also land on top of the buildings, that's why they have H with a circle written on top of it. To make it more obvious, even hospitals use helicopters for faster transportation. "I would expect the country side or something." Or something? Kid, don't be anal. Learn from the real world. There would be so many people dead without helicopters giving them transportation sometimes. You better watch what you say.

welll,, i wouldnt dissagree with the person that replied to u.. it was a pretty ignorant comment.
Thank you. She/He/It was very ignorant. I agree.

Guest lilcuteeguh

i think that the korean version will probably include the storyline of both season 1 and season 2 of the taiwanese and japanese version. as of right now, the storyline is picking up way too fast. the scene where they went on vacation is already happening and i heard that the kiss scene between Hyun Joong and the model will be in episode 3. Hopefully this drama will also break the rating of Goong! :]

Guest pallycute

Is anyone else having trouble with the OST?

Starting from link 5 -10, it doesn't work =/

yes i have same problem with you,..but for me start from 4-10

Guest misshakissh

i think that the korean version will probably include the storyline of both season 1 and season 2 of the taiwanese and japanese version. as of right now, the storyline is picking up way too fast. the scene where they went on vacation is already happening and i heard that the kiss scene between Hyun Joong and the model will be in episode 3. Hopefully this drama will also break the rating of Goong! :]

GOONG...?? iono. its a like a legendary teen drama in south korea. lol. their ratings were 30%.yeah i do hope they will too, but goong was a perfect drama from storyline,background image being a work of art, to the OST. BOF is just as good in my opinion just that the storyline in general is overly cheesy n cliche sometimes.

you're right! the story is going waaaay too fast

i mean they threw a couple of eggs at her...big whoop.....shantsai had her freakin motorcycle dragged around until it went up in flames!....lol

i really like the f4 in this tho

kim bum is such eye candy

even tho i think this is way better than the japanese version

i still like the taiwanese version the best

the girl actor in this is waaaay too exaggerated