[Drama 2008] Land Of Wind / Kingdom Of The Winds 바람의 나라

Guest huangsy

Hi Selva I really thank you for the website you gave me to order the kingdom of the Wind (I've already ordered the entire thing and should get it end of this week).. Thanks you again can't wait to get it..

Hi, Did you get your DVDs of KOTW from Gok888 yet? How's the quality of the DVDs, does the set come in a box? How many dvds in the set? Could you recommend this seller? Are they reasonable and how much was the shipping? I assume you have it sent overseas. I appreciate your comment on this. Thanks.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Did you get your DVDs of KOTW from Gok888 yet? How's the quality of the DVDs, does the set come in a box? How many dvds in the set? Could you recommend this seller? Are they reasonable and how much was the shipping? I assume you have it sent overseas. I appreciate your comment on this. Thanks.

What I am more curious is the subtitles. Are the subtitles from MisterX or KBS World?

Thanks.

Guest JIJI527

:P Hi, Fjkuan, no not yet, but I checked the tracking number, it is saying that the shipment left PHILIPPINES yesterday, so I should get it tomorrow or maybe the day after.. I promiss you once I get it, I will check the quality and let you know immediatelly.. ok.. talk to you later my friend

Guest selvaspeedy

In that conversation Haemyoung told Muhyul that "anger can give you will to fight but people can't live off anger alone, there is something much more powerfull than anger"

MUHYUL asked him "what is that" And Haemyoung told him that "You shall find out what that is and understand it yourself"

I think what Haemyung meant is that Muhyul will find other reasons BETTER than anger to fight, like his devotion for his country, his loyalty to his king, his desire to protect the people he loves.

I was waiting and watching carefully through out the episodes that Muhyul will say someday something like " Now I know what brother Haemyoung meant by that " or " Now I know what it is" BUT I didn't hear him say that :unsure:

Did I miss that scene or did the writer forgot to mention that in the later episodes.

I also think Muhyul didn't mention anything like that in the later episodes. And I also don't think it would be necessary to say this sentence. Every time Muhyul faced hardships, he remembered his brother Haemyung and his words to him. Maybe he didn't say it out loud, but he still has it in his heart. It's better this way. To keep things subtle a little bit.

What I am more curious is the subtitles. Are the subtitles from MisterX or KBS World?

more likely the subs will be from KBS (although I prefer Mister X's subs. They are more accurate and puts me in the mood of historicals) ^^ now I'm watching ECC w/ KBS's subs, they are really a pain! They refer to Palace --> Villa :crazy: lol whatever!

:P Hi, Fjkuan, no not yet, but I checked the tracking number, it is saying that the shipment left PHILIPPINES yesterday, so I should get it tomorrow or maybe the day after.. I promiss you once I get it, I will check the quality and let you know immediatelly.. ok.. talk to you later my friend

patiently waiting :sweatingbullets:

I like this gif ^^

f_12292111012m_de6f0ff.gif

source: songgal

I will be waiting patiently with you. Was the price good? with shipping?

3268711650_f7df9408a0.jpg

I want to share with you the poem I read from the comic Kingdom of the Winds by Kimjin, volume 2.

It's so touching. I believe the scene where Muhyul wakes up from the nightmare in the military camp is inspired by this.

Speak, Moon, Speak

Where has my beloved gone?

Where has my beloved,

With her sweet eyes, gone?

On nights where sleep is fleeting,

As dawn gently stirs,

I wake up from my broken sleep

And turn around,

The heavy fog has settled

A tired and sad face

That has slept drifts away without

Even the sound of a breath

Without a trace

Only leaving a pool of tears

Where it had once lain...

My tragic love

My beloved

Whom I wait for, day after day,

In my broken sleep

Speak, Moon, Speak

Where has my beloved gone?

My beloved who has only left

A pool of tears upon the pillow case,

And left in a dream

Find my beloved.

Guest Hongki.love

I cried soooo much in the last two episodes. T__T I'm so sad that this drama is over, and it was so good because of all the unexpected events that occurred...

I loved the Yeon-Muhyul couple, I hate how they were always separated...

Guest JIJI527

I will be waiting patiently with you. Was the price good? with shipping?

:P Oh ya, the price was very good, the entire thing was for $40.00 dollars and I paid $35.00 so I can get it via express mail and also paid aroung $6.00 to transfer the funds to the company.. so the total was $81.00 dollars only which is very good. I remeber I purchased Jumong (but it was the orginal from Yesasia.com) for around $300.00 or more I don't exactly remeber but it was very close to this number. So I hope you would buy the CD soon and enjoy watching also. Just like I told I will update you once received.. ok hon?

Guest selvaspeedy

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3491/326871..._f7df9408a0.jpg

I want to share with you the poem I read from the comic Kingdom of the Winds by Kimjin, volumn2.

It's so touching. I believe the scene where Muhyul wakes up from the nightmare in the military camp is inspired by this.

wow thanks so much Dramamia for this poem, it's so beautiful and totally describes Muhyul's feelings at that time :( This is the same episode when he will know about Yeon and Hodong and argue with Maro :tears:

I didn't know you read the comics before. Did you read all of the volumes?

when I think about it, I would have preferred Yuri's character to be just like the comic; the mad King who thinks everyone is after his throne. This character would have been more interesting and more intriguing than his soft and kind character here. At least it would have made some contrast between him and Muhyul's character (Yuri being so crazy and Muhyul being so good and kind-hearted). oh well, but that's just me :ph34r:

some of the fans from a chinese website made a 2009 calendar mostly Muhyul and Yeon's pics:

set one

f_b9efad42m_2f41a36.jpg

f_1m_038cf53.jpg

f_2m_e421638.jpg

f_3m_5a3d190.jpg

f_4m_e101149.jpg

f_5m_7a630b2.jpg

f_6m_701c553.jpg

f_7m_7c2c440.jpg

f_8m_8cda3b8.jpg

f_9m_6e22dc5.jpg

f_10m_326b493.jpg

f_11m_58b5f6c.jpg

f_12m_5d14688.jpg

set two

f_51f18784m_2030f72.jpg

f_1m_ea87b0a.jpg

f_2m_49b55bb.jpg

f_3m_a8d1ab6.jpg

f_4m_450543d.jpg

f_5m_88af746.jpg

f_6m_1dbbac5.jpg

f_7m_fb015d1.jpg

f_8m_96e772a.jpg

f_9m_858f3f6.jpg

f_10m_950f1c6.jpg

f_11m_74da89f.jpg

f_12m_4fd363c.jpg

set three

f_82ce62aam_285be48.jpg

f_1rm_10fe592.jpg

f_2m_86c1c74.jpg

f_3m_277f1d3.jpg

f_4m_fc2ecf3.jpg

f_5rm_1e9a426.jpg

f_6m_1437ad6.jpg

f_7m_8f4cbdc.jpg

f_8m_8975069.jpg

f_9m_b659ced.jpg

f_10m_adb113b.jpg

f_11m_f5614aa.jpg

f_12m_d0d8c8b.jpg

credits: 宋一國中文網: 深情國度, vivian.

and this is the Japanese trailer of KOTW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foQkBVFb8tA

take care guys :)

wow thanks so much Dramamia for this poem, it's so beautiful and totally describes Muhyul's feelings at that time :( This is the same episode when he will know about Yeon and Hodong and argue with Maro :tears:

when I think about it, I would have preferred Yuri's character to be just like the comic; the mad King who thinks everyone is after his throne. This character would have been more interesting and more intriguing than his soft and kind character here. At least it would have made some contrast between him and Muhyul's character (Yuri being so crazy and Muhyul being so good and kind-hearted). oh well, but that's just me :ph34r:

some of the fans from a chinese website made a 2009 calendar mostly Muhyul and Yeon's pics:

take care guys :

Thanks for posting these pictures....they're great. :D

Great pictures!

I just finished reading Volume 3 of the comic KOTW. I wish I had read it before watching KOTW, then I wouldn't have been so devastated when Yeon dies. She does die in the comic, before Muhyul marries the evil queen.

I'm not sure how many volumes in total but I know 4 and 5 are about to be released in America.

Guest erica1064

Great pictures!

I just finished reading Volume 3 of the comic KOTW. I wish I had read it before watching KOTW, then I wouldn't have been so devastated when Yeon dies. She does die in the comic, before Muhyul marries the evil queen.

I'm not sure how many volumes in total but I know 4 and 5 are about to be released in America.

I bought #1 and #2 before the series filmed last year. I didn't buy #3 when it came available in September 2008, so I know those 3 have been available in the US since last year. If others are available, I haven't checked.

The comic is very very very different from the television series.

Can't wait for this to be aired in my country. The rights have already been bought.

Hopefully still in the primetime slot. Like Jumong before.

Guest lime_juice

Thnx Dramamia for the beautiful poem, it was so well translated. Thnx Selva for pics of the calendar done by SIG Chinese fans

kotw19gz0.jpg

kotw28fe8.jpg

I like the big brother, Haemyung, so loving towards his siblings. An affectionate brother.

But I was puzzled why he looked so much older than Muhyul :unsure: seems like there was a big gap in age there.

Then I saw the family tree :rolleyes: They're from different mothers :D Haemyung's mum must be King Yuri's eldest wife.

one for the album ...

kotw21dn0.jpg

father and son relaxing at home :P ....

kotw22vf5.jpg

kotw23my1.jpg

pics of a KOTW fan at home watching the drama from a big screen projector :o

wow ... to have SIG covers part of your wall ...

kotw16mv4.jpg

kotw17jo3.jpg

kotw18jb0.jpg

bad hair day :P

I was so tempted to use this pic as my avatar ...

you think its a wig or his real hair?

kotw6ti8.jpgkotwanimated2ua1.gif

... the hair styled in preparation for these scenes, but I cant recall :unsure:

kotw24ap6.jpg

kotw25wa1.jpg

riehae, you're so lucky ..

xxxxx

Guest selvaspeedy

Can't wait for this to be aired in my country. The rights have already been bought.

envy envy hahaha... no plans yet to air on KBS World :blink:

bad hair day :P

I was so tempted to use this pic as my avatar ...

you think its a wig or his real hair?

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/8790/kotw6ti8.jpg

... the hair styled in preparation for these scenes, but I cant recall :unsure:

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/8288/kotw24ap6.jpg

LMAO the 1st pictures was during a morning interview for the cast of KOTW (dramaok posted a translation for it in SIG thread I think. Let me look for it again). This hairstyle was in episode 7 and 8 when Muhyul decided to take revenge from Yuri. He was supposed to be messed up like that (a prisoner for Buyeo and been injected with toxins for a year). Can't you remember the scene when Muhyul and Maro were eating chicken :P hilarious :P

-edit-

here it is (from SIG thread) the interview took place in 1/October/2008 (SIG's birthday) at the shooting location:

the fans celebrate SIG b-day party..

http://dory.mncast.com/mncHMovie.swf?movie...8&skinNum=2

31 minute clip.

cake:

48dee95abe67a30752e9hn1.jpg

presents: chocolate, money clip, watch, stitch portrait, wallet, flowers...

fans were from daum gentlesig club, and club members from Japan.

SIG presented signed posters and pictoral books to the fans. SIG looks very thin.

SIG: "this is the 3rd year fans came to celebrate my birthday in outdoor location like this. thank you for supporting me year after year."

interview..

woman asks about his days as a newbie:

SIG "my friends were shocked to learn that i passed the acting test. everyone except my mother. when i was a new actor i was so bad that i even had the nickname 'handicapped actor' but now i think those times were good for me to come to this point. and for doing sageuk (historical drama), to be honest it is very difficult, the makeup, being outside, actions, but the positives are that it feels like jumping back into time, to Goguryeo era.. "

woman: do you like your hairstyle?

SIG: "this? actually this is very uncomfortable. a few days ago it rained and the wig kept sticking to my face. in the beginning the wig was very painful i even had to take painkill medicine, but after a week or so i've gotten used to it. "

woman ask about his interest in art:

SIG: "i've always been interested in things that are beautiful, i also studied art. i'm also interested in interior design, even drinking beverage, i think since we're drinking anyway why not drink from a beautiful cup"

woman asks about his family..

SIG: "i haven't even seen them in 2 weeks. i go back to my home in seoul once a week but each time i get there early dawn just to get some things i need and leave, but we talk over the phone. my mother stays up late at night and buys all kinds of things from the homeshopping channel. during late hours they sell all kinds of interesting things. she bought me something too.. a vest that has hot packs."

man: what about your wife?

SIG: "of course, since i'm shooting outdoors, she is worried a lot"

man: do you do a lot of special events for her?

SIG: (...)

man goes to ask his colleagues instead...

park sangwook (Goeyu):

"i'm a bachelor but i'm envious makes me wanna be married too seeing him so. he asks about ideas to do events and stuff."

Maro:

"he always smiles when he talks about his wife. he takes his phone around the shooting location with his videophone and shows her the scenes. "

clip and image credit: http://cafe.daum.net/GeNtLeSongillgook

Guest lime_juice

Thanks Selva for the re-cap.

darn, I wish I could read and understand Korean. There are so many news articles on KOTW and SIG in particular, but we cant read them :blush:

SIG: "this? actually this is very uncomfortable. a few days ago it rained and the wig kept sticking to my face. in the beginning the wig was very painful i even had to take painkill medicine, but after a week or so i've gotten used to it. "

So it was a wig afterall :o but it sounded like a torture implement :lol: I think he has headaches putting up with the wigs all day.

SIG: "i haven't even seen them in 2 weeks. i go back to my home in seoul once a week but each time i get there early dawn just to get some things i need and leave, but we talk over the phone. my mother stays up late at night and buys all kinds of things from the homeshopping channel. during late hours they sell all kinds of interesting things. she bought me something too.. a vest that has hot packs."

His wife in Pusan right? I read an article, translated by google of course :lol: about his travelling. His new SUV of few months has clocked 20,000km :o He must have travelled Seoul - Pusan - Seoul instead of flying.

God, I have this vision of his mum in front of tv, with remote control busy changing channels, buying stuff non-stop, and he has to pay for it :P

xxxxx

Guest JIJI527

Thanks.

Hi Dramamia, Finally I got the DVD.. ok.. first of all very good quality, the subtitle is great and very professional. The only thing I did not like is that I received the DVD's in a small DVD booklet with no photos or anything else "like a binder" just like you are copying it for your own TV. However, everything else was perfect.

I already started watching and just like said, huge difference between the internet and the T.V. especially on Big digital Screen.. I am really engoying it.. I have to leave now... love you SIG's...

^

I guess those are exclusive Eng subs by Goks.

Those exclusive subtitiles are always great. Just like (soft) subbers for dramas.

But theirs are made into hardsubs and they sell it.

I also order there... goks and layzieg. They have never disappointed me in terms of eng subs.

But there are times that I don't order exclusive subs, then those are dramas that have been subbed in low quality.

Since it's not an official DVD/VCD release of the drama, then of course we can't expect a photo or whatnots. :)

Archived