[Drama 2008] Land Of Wind / Kingdom Of The Winds 바람의 나라

Guest huangsy

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hummer75

Well, what can be said about this Drama that has already been said. To me it is right up there with Jumong and EOTS. And what made these Dramas so good was one guy, "Soon Il Gook". I have watched movies for the past 60 years or so, seeing great actors perform time and time again. But in the last 15 years or so, Hollywood forgot how to make a good movie. Once in awhile a good drama would appear on the screen and those you would always remember and watch again because of their story line and acting. The rest is forgotten.

About 2 years ago, while channel surfing, I was looking for something good to watch. I ran across AZN TV which was still on the air at the time. As I watched the movie, which had Eng. Subs, I became very interested in it. In fact for weeks I continued to watch this Drama. It was EOTS and my first experience in watching SIG and the cast act. The acting was supurb and the soundtrack was unbelievable.I became hooked with Historical Dramas and to date I have watched at least 15 Dramas. I also have the soundtracks to EOTS, Jumong, KOTW, Dae Jang Geum, Seo Dong Yo and Yi San. The music is the best.

Like the rest of you, I am sad that this Drama has ended. It was such a great story and the cast was unbelievable

as well as the soundtrack. It had so many highs and lows that kept you glued to the screen and we could hardly wait for the next episode to get subbed.

For me, I am sad becauce I don't know when SIG will do another Sageuk Drama which is all that I watch. He is definitely my favorite Historical Drama Actor. I will have to be patient and wait to hear when he will do another one.

For all you SIG lovers...........Go to aznv.tv or mysoju.com and watch "Water Bloom". SIG is in it and it is a real great story that I know that all of you will enjoy.

Guest JIJI527

Well, what can be said about this Drama that has already been said. To me it is right up there with Jumong and EOTS. And what made these Dramas so good was one guy, "Soon Il Gook". I have watched movies for the past 60 years or so, seeing great actors perform time and time again. But in the last 15 years or so, Hollywood forgot how to make a good movie. Once in awhile a good drama would appear on the screen and those you would always remember and watch again because of their story line and acting. The rest is forgotten.

About 2 years ago, while channel surfing, I was looking for something good to watch. I ran across AZN TV which was still on the air at the time. As I watched the movie, which had Eng. Subs, I became very interested in it. In fact for weeks I continued to watch this Drama. It was EOTS and my first experience in watching SIG and the cast act. The acting was supurb and the soundtrack was unbelievable.I became hooked with Historical Dramas and to date I have watched at least 15 Dramas. I also have the soundtracks to EOTS, Jumong, KOTW, Dae Jang Geum, Seo Dong Yo and Yi San. The music is the best.

Like the rest of you, I am sad that this Drama has ended. It was such a great story and the cast was unbelievable

as well as the soundtrack. It had so many highs and lows that kept you glued to the screen and we could hardly wait for the next episode to get subbed.

For me, I am sad becauce I don't know when SIG will do another Sageuk Drama which is all that I watch. He is definitely my favorite Historical Drama Actor. I will have to be patient and wait to hear when he will do another one.

For all you SIG lovers...........Go to aznv.tv or mysoju.com and watch "Water Bloom". SIG is in it and it is a real great story that I know that all of you will enjoy.

HI Hummer, I too, I started watching EOTS and got hooked with this guy, I don't know, somting about him makes me love watching him on and on. Since then I continued watching him and following his news and try to get all his videos and movies .. love him her is such a great actor...

Guest selvaspeedy

credits to lovely emanuelle from SIG thread :)

Hey sigers our beloved SIG is one of the nominees for the "Paeksang Star Awards" :):)

http://isplus.joins.com/100sang/nominees/nominees_2009_tv.html

the nominees:

0916_5.jpg송일국 - KBS 바람의 나라

0916_1.jpg김명민 - MBC 베토벤 바이러스

0916_3.jpg이준기 - SBS 일지매

0916_4.jpg박용하 - SBS 온에어

0916_2.jpg송승헌 - MBC 에덴의 동쪽

all the luck for our King Muhyul in the Awards :D

Guest ardentfrias

Beyond all the silliness and annoying patterns, the lost opportunities and easy cop-outs of this show, what has become clear after two sageuk as a lead is that Song Il-Guk is not a Michael Jordan, but more of a Vince Carter type of player. He’s going to get you 20 points every night, some highlight reel material, and consistently deliver the goods. But 1) he’s not going to make your team better, 2) is not going to score the clutch points when it counts, 3) without good coaching he pretty much becomes a non-issue. What all those basketball analogies mean in dramatic terms, it’s quite easy to explain. Song works well as a top supporting character in a good drama, and can certainly hold his own in a great one, even as a lead. He’s got a solid future as a top performer and a star, but he’s got no fire, panache. Doesn’t have “it,” to make a long story short. The second coming of Choi Su-Jong, maybe?

When you see Oh Man-Seok elevate colorless and artless fluff like 포도밭 그나사이 (The Vineyard Man) to watchable, entertaining crap (at least when he’s on), or you see him go beyond the fabulous character Jung Ha-Yeon gave him, and make Won Hyeon into fireballs of energy exploding on the screen, you know he’s got it all, that he’s a Lebron James type. Same goes for Kim Myung-Min in everything he’s been involved with in the last few years, from the legends (The White Tower) to the disgraces (wait for it a little later). Song shone in Emperor of the Sea because he never had to carry the ball, but he’s been a little par for the course in his last two sageuk efforts. The potential to make a few killer scenes out of this drama was there, but his delivery was always below expectations on all fronts. Of course things could change with a decent script, a character a little closer to the shades of grey which made him work as Yeom Jang, and a story with a bit more of an adult slant. But as far as shoujo manga-style caricatures with sageuk armor go, he’s becoming old already, despite what his “don’t tell me this guy is in his mid 30s” looks might suggest.

The review of Mr. X attacking the writers are convincing. I agree that there are many lapses in KOTW. As I have also observed, scenes are edited, shortened and yes, like pasted and leave the audience hanging and guessing. It's like eating food not enough to fill the stomach. As if summarizing every episodes with shortcuts. BUT I don't agree of his rating on SIG's acting. He should have observed that SIG is the one who gets the attention of the audience in all of his Saeguks. It's absurd that he would get his awards with poor actings. Judges could not be wrong in their evaluations. The phenomenal success of Jumong and EOTS, not only in Korea but in other countries as well, would attest to his superb acting. I didn't watch Korean dramas before. Even when Jumong was being aired in the Phils., I did not watch it. When my daughter began watching it and stayed late at night just to finish the whole 81 episodes in one week, my curiosity was aroused. I got caught with this drama and craved for more, watching EOTS, Terms of Endearment, etc. because of SIG.

It's not his fault that KOTW did not rate that high. His acting might not be as fiery as what Mr. X is saying comparing him to other actors. It's because he is just giving justice to the character he is supposed to portray. In EOTS, he was a pirate and an assassin, so he had to be more brutal and treacherous. In Jumong, the story was a bit fictional with the gods and godesses involved and he was portrayed here as a hero so he had to act like one: excellent in archery, fencing and yes, like flying and rolling in the air. In KOTW, he was not like that. He was just an ordinary man who learned swordsmanship in a training camp but with no extraordinary skills like Jumong and Yeum Jang. He just had that strong spirit to fight to the end. Like Jumong, he had a soft heart and a sobber personality unlike Yeum Jang. That's the beauty of his talent. He could be good, bad, romantic prince charming (Terms of Endearment) young or matured.

An actor is not a good actor if in all his performances he acts the same. The point is he must portray the character in it's reality. He might not push his team to perform well but it's not his fault. He is acting in his own capacity. As a matter of fact, Yeon in KOTW did not complement SIG's acting, as if she was always in a trance, but because of SIG, they won the Best Couple Award. Same in Terms of Endearment and EOTS. It was really SIG who was responsible for all the Best Couple Awards.

Mr. X is a critic and he has to criticize. His observations can't be considered as plain reviews but rather to find flaws and lapses. I find him biased, after all. The Legend is a fictional story. I didn't find it so amusing after watching few episodes. It didn't arouse my interest. Sorry I have to say all of these. I just could not let someone like Mr. X ruin the reputation of SIG as if he is not deserving of all his awards. Hoping Mr. X read this post. :angry:

Guest lime_juice

ardentfrias,

you took the word out of my mouth. thank you. i couldnt said it as well as you had done but i had the same thoughts as you.

thnx.

Guest JIJI527

The review of Mr. X attacking the writers are convincing. I agree that there are many lapses in KOTW. As I have also observed, scenes are edited, shorten and yes, like pasted and leave the audience hanging and guessing. It's like eating food not enough to fill the stomach. As if summarizing every episodes with shortcuts. BUT I don't agree of his rating on SIG's acting. He should have observed that SIG is the one who gets the attention of the audience in all of his Saeguks. It's absurd that he would get his awards with poor actings. Judges could not be wrong in their evaluation. The phenomenal success of Jumong and EOTS not only in Korea but in other countries as well would attest to his superb acting. I don't watch Korean dramas before. Even when Jumong was being aired in the Phils., I did not watch it. When my daughter began watching it and stayed late at night just to finish the whole 81 episodes in one week, my curiosity was aroused. I got caught with this drama and craved for more, watching EOTS, Terms of Endearment, etc. because of SIG.

It's not his fault that KOTW did not rate that high. His acting might not be as fiery as what Mr. X is saying comparing him to other actor. It's because he was just giving justice to the character he was supposed to portray. In EOTS, he was a pirate and an assassin, so he had to be more brutal and treacherous. In Jumong, the story was a bit fictional with the gods and godesses involved and he was portrayed here as a hero so he had to act like one. Excellent in archery, fencing and yes like flying and rolling in the air. In KOTW, he was not like that. He was just an ordinary man who learned swordsmanship in a training camp but with no extraordinary skills like Jumong and Yeum Jang. He just had that strong spirit to fight to the end. Like Jumong, he had a soft heart and a sobber personality unlike Yeum Jang. That's the beauty of his talent. He could be good, bad, romantic prince charming (Terms of Endearment) young or matured.

An actor is not a good actor if in all his performances he acts the same. The point is he must portray the character in it's reality. He might not push his team to perform well but it's not his fault. He is acting in his own capacity. As a matter of fact, Yeon in KOTW did not complement SIG's acting, as if she was always in a trance, but because of SIG, they won the Best Couple Award. Same in Terms of Endearment and EOTS. It was really SIG who was responsible for all the Best Couple Awards.

Mr. X is a critic and he has to criticize. His observations can't be considered as plain reviews but rather to find flaws and lapses. I find him biased, after all. The Legend is a fictional story. I didn't find it so amusing after watching few episodes. It didn't arouse my interest. Sorry I have to say all of these. I just could not let someone like Mr. X ruin the reputation of SIG as if he is not deserving of all his awards. Hoping Mr. X read this post. :angry:

OMG, me too ardentfrias, you took it out of my mouth sweety, thanks

Guest hummer75

A final thought regarding KOTW.........It seems to me that many of these writers all went to the same College of the Arts.

All the goog guys get killed during the drama but the bad guys linger on and on until the very end. Some die and some don't. It's as though these writers are really obsessed with death. And the sad thing is that many of the writers do the same thing. Most of the Dramas I have watched do end in sadness and death.

Since a lot of this was fiction, Maro did not have to be burned at the stake and Yeon should have lived to be at Muhyul's side to share his happiness. But no, we can't do that says the writers. Lets kill them all off.

I guess that my favorite scene (and boy there were many) will have to be when Hodong goes into the room that was set up as a shrine to Yeon. Explaining to his son who she was really got to me and the final scene when he explains to Hodong what makes a great King. That too, brought a tear to my eyes. Yes, grown men do cry and I cried a lot during this Drama.

My sincere thanks to Soon IL Gook and his supporting cast for making such a wonderful Drama. I just hope that he comes back real soon with another Historical KDrama.

I really don't care what was said about him in some of the previous posts. SIG will always be my favorite KDrama actor. To me he is a supurb actor that brings out the best in everyone that is around him. Again, my sincere thanks.

I will wait awhile and I will watch it again. In the meantine, I am watching Jumong for the 4th time and I'm on episode 50.

Guest cantonhina

A final thought regarding KOTW.........It seems to me that many of these writers all went to the same College of the Arts.

All the goog guys get killed during the drama but the bad guys linger on and on until the very end. Some die and some don't. It's as though these writers are really obsessed with death. And the sad thing is that many of the writers do the same thing. Most of the Dramas I have watched do end in sadness and death.

Since a lot of this was fiction, Maro did not have to be burned at the stake and Yeon should have lived to be at Muhyul's side to share his happiness. But no, we can't do that says the writers. Lets kill them all off.

I guess that my favorite scene (and boy there were many) will have to be when Hodong goes into the room that was set up as a shrine to Yeon. Explaining to his son who she was really got to me and the final scene when he explains to Hodong what makes a great King. That too, brought a tear to my eyes. Yes, grown men do cry and I cried a lot during this Drama.

Totally agree with you 100%. what's up with this evil satisfaction of killing the good guys and leaving the main characters in misery or better yet kill them all..or their loved ones..

Why did Maro had to die like that? They could have killed Chubalso or Hae-ap. But nooo... How could have they died, they didn't have any body to love them so people wouldn't cry as much for them.........Instead they showed one cute and one very emotional scene of Maro with Yeonhuwa and then they burned him on the stake.???? I mean WTH.

And what about Yeon ?? she was fine and almost ready to go to Muhyul, infact in the end of Episode 35 she did tell the Buyeo soldiers to "let her go" to Muhyul but they dragged him away. And by that drunken soldier she got killed. It was like writers had to kill her or the drama would be a big flop. awwwwwwwww screaming!!!!!!!!

From the past 16, 17 Episodes people were patiently waiting for Yeon to become Muhyul's wife, And, it's not like they were living a happy life together and then she died. She and Muhyul were miserable throughout and in the end he met her on her death bed...... and Muhyul had to go through to the pain of not being able to protect her after promising her so many times and live with her even for a year or so......????

[bBecause??............ The writers were trying to be true to the history... ummmm I don't think so........ Looks like it's their training to not have a happy ending or else..... :crazy:

Guest selvaspeedy

ardentfrias you are e19402.gif

It seems to me that many of these writers all went to the same College of the Arts.

I think they believe that the more tragic events, the more memorable!! But seriously, they didn't have to kill Yeon. I might digest the idea of Maro's brutal death as a way to fire up the whole KGR spirits to win the war, but why did Yeon die :mellow: doesn't make sense at all!

:blush: yeah the last conversation was so memorable. Finally we get to know why this drama is called the Kingdom Of The Winds. I think they meant it as the Kingdom of The Kings who are like the Winds (and Muhyul explained it all).

My sincere thanks to Soon IL Gook and his supporting cast for making such a wonderful Drama. I just hope that he comes back real soon with another Historical KDrama.

there are some talks that he will star in a new modern drama (A guy called God) adapted from an anime/manga. SO nope. No Saeguks for now :sweatingbullets:

more caps from the farewell party (looks like it was shown on KBS2 :crazy: nobody told us :tongue2: )

f_24m_6ecf216.jpg

f_31m_fc1de5e.jpg

f_41m_9b41dd0.jpg

f_51m_62c72c5.jpg

f_10m_cce6b84.jpg

f_9m_911e865.jpg

f_111m_85f425b.jpg

f_12m_12db2d0.jpg

f_13m_f17eb53.jpg

f_14m_7f3b2b0.jpg

f_15m_92c96a8.jpg

f_16m_d5a7a1d.jpg

f_17m_280ee9c.jpg

f_18m_645e72b.jpg

f_19m_b00b422.jpg

f_20m_409f439.jpg

f_22m_2e7dc9a.jpg

f_23m_63fe806.jpg

f_24m_939691d.jpg

f_26m_c17ef51.jpg

f_27m_8a3fe72.jpg

f_28m_1e413e1.jpg

f_29m_42b9eed.jpg

f_30m_c0e6a45.jpg

f_32m_e279ee1.jpg

source: KOTW gall

*sigh* another thursday w/out KOTW :tears:

Thanks for the farewell party caps. It's cute how CJW and SIG calls each other Yeon and Pyeha. XD

Awww... SIG arms were hurt. It must have been hard to hug Yeon so tight while he's arms are hurting. But at least no major injuries. Congrats for a job well done.

Guest ardentfrias

ardentfrias,

you took the word out of my mouth. thank you. i couldnt said it as well as you had done but i had the same thoughts as you.

thnx.

I might not be posting as often as I should but I see to it that I read all the posts here. Everytime there is a post which I consider "foul", I would not let it pass. I love SIG to the fullest and I'm deeply hurt to read any degrading comments about him. I know we all feel the same here. Love you all, SIGERS.

Guest selvaspeedy

dear ardent like what lime said. I couldn't even say it better than you. Fighting :D

some cool videos I found in youtube:

the cast interview in English (from boosaysimback):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOM2OBmynV4...feature=related

KJH interview in English (from boosaysimback):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuIkupuJrJ8...re=channel_page

it's really great to see her w/out the whole evil Yiji character. She seems like a fun and nice girl :D

the Black Shadows camp:

f_m_41cc8e6.jpg

f_m_102283a.jpg

f_m_ca9d4f3.jpg

f_m_e1c7b3b.jpg

f_m_b0fea97.jpg

f_hwang008m_5f9e964.jpg

f_hwang010m_66258bf.jpg

f_hwang015m_9938b61.jpg

f_m_0cb9e8b.jpg

f_hwang012m_ac48abe.jpg

f_hwang018m_a3ffd78.jpg

f_hwang023m_0ae0c39.jpg

f_m_7d3f500.jpg

this was a thing they (SIG, CJW and PGH) used to scare each other with while they are shooting :P

f_m_84268e1.jpg

f_m_85a508b.jpg

f_m_35349c6.jpg

f_m_4c28d14.jpg

f_m_2c2f627.jpg

f_m_65b8bf3.jpg

f_m_816b0f2.jpg

Park Sang Wook (Goyo) is having so much fun BTS :P

f_12323395912m_0f6f17a.jpg

f_12323421622m_f397091.jpg

f_12323415832m_81e5e7d.jpg

f_12323405782m_6f5899f.jpg

happy days :D

f_2m_8fcb680.jpg

The father and the son

f_fatherandsom_7fe8578.png

(this is Prince Hodong of KGR from the upcoming drama Princess Jamyoung Go)

and this is how Daemosin looks like in that drama -_-

f_20090116133m_fa218ea.jpg

our young prince Hodong :wub:

f_1m_4805bd3.jpg

f_2m_94ba736.jpg

the two Hodongs :D

f_1m_8994cc6.giff_362m_18a435d.gif

lol SIG is so adorable :D

f_15m_58f83d1.jpg

the last part of all the episodes from 1 to 36

f_1m_d47c9be.jpg

f_2m_7f4cf2d.jpg

f_3m_afb0550.jpg

gifs from the ending credits of the last episode

http://img37.picoodle.com/img/img37/3/1/23...g4m_ddee41c.gif

http://img18.picoodle.com/img/img18/3/1/23...g4m_7e95442.gif

http://img19.picoodle.com/img/img19/3/1/23...g4m_8ee4822.gif

http://img18.picoodle.com/img/img18/3/1/23...g4m_505b6cf.gif

http://img33.picoodle.com/img/img33/3/1/23...g4m_fce1ddd.gif

http://img19.picoodle.com/img/img19/3/1/23...g4m_cfad55c.gif

http://img32.picoodle.com/img/img32/3/1/23...g4m_f7056a3.gif

http://img33.picoodle.com/img/img33/3/1/23...g4m_6a19aa6.gif

http://img34.picoodle.com/img/img34/3/1/23...g4m_c1f7a7d.gif

http://img26.picoodle.com/img/img26/3/1/23...g4m_3eceef1.gif

http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/3/1/23...g4m_730166e.gif

http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/3/1/23...g4m_382cf99.gif

http://img18.picoodle.com/img/img18/3/1/23...g4m_160c2e8.gif

http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/3/1/23...g4m_8bd16a6.gif

http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/3/1/23...g4m_d0597d9.gif

http://img18.picoodle.com/img/img18/3/1/23...g4m_c05672d.gif

goodies from: gall DCinside KOTW gallery

take care guys :blush:

Guest cantonhina

[quote

The father and the son

f_fatherandsom_7fe8578.png

(this is Prince Hodong of KGR from the upcoming drama Princess Jamyoung Go)

Nice picture.... The princes of nakrang looks very innocent and prince Hodong is looking cute also.... But there is NO comparison for our Prince Muhyul :blush: He looks so manly and handsome and I love Yeon too. I just Love their couple so much... They look perfect together. :rolleyes:

Thank you for all that KOTW goodies selva..

looks like we still can't get enough of the drama and everything about it.........

I wish somebody could upload the farwell party show on VIIKII.net with english subs....

SIG looks in a very good mood in here and what's up with that pose...... :phew: trying to eat CJW ???

Guest selvaspeedy

SIG looks in a very good mood in here and what's up with that pose...... :phew: trying to eat CJW ???

reposting from SIG thread the translation of the caps on the farewell party pictures:

I'll just translate those i understand... just a rough one coz my koreans are lousy. Hopefully pyoungsang or others can give us the proper details.

Caption 3: "I'm thankful that there wasn't any major accidents happened."

caption 4: reporter asked him :" you've endured a lot of hardship, haven't you?"

caption 6: "is your arm hurting?"

caption 7: "Yeon"!

caption 8: "Yes, your majesty!"

caption 10: "in the last scene where yeon was dying and was hugged tightly after her death - the next day i had a bruise."

caption 11: "because my arm was hurting, i couldn't even hug you properly!" (so cute!!)

caption 12: "during that last hugging scene, i could really feel his emotions!"

caption 14: "i'm sorry"

so yeah he was indeed injured in his arms :tears:

I found this article. Jang Tae Sang interview. And since google translation is always misleading :crazy: what I understood is that he had burns in his hands from shooting that burning scene :blink:

1232433742315_1.jpg

http://joynews.inews24.com/php/news_view.p...g_serial=388359

hopefully some kind soul can pass by here and tell us :D

Guest erica1064

reposting from SIG thread the translation of the caps on the farewell party pictures:

Thanks for posting those videos in English Selva! I enjoyed watching both - and liked seeing KJH out of character. I laughed when she talked about her eyebrows - they really are her most distinctive feature and set her eyes off really nicely. They are what struck me about her immediately.

so yeah he was indeed injured in his arms :tears:

I found this article. Jang Tae Sang interview. And since google translation is always misleading :crazy: what I understood is that he had burns in his hands from shooting that burning scene :blink:

http://joynews.inews24.com/php/news_view.p...g_serial=388359

hopefully some kind soul can pass by here and tell us :D

aside from hurting his hand during the burning scene, he also lost weight during the duration of the drama shoot, and I agree since when I first saw him in the drama he was a bit chubby and he got a little bit leaner towards the end of the drama ^ ^...anyway it was also his first time to learn martial arts as well as riding a horse...

those were some of the things that I understood from the article ^ ^

Archived