[Drama 2008] My Pitiful Sister / Big Sister 큰언니

Guest huangsy

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ pinto ... yeah i knew the other victims took bribe and some of them also wrote those stupid petitions besides Deoksan.....i just cant comprehend that the petitions carry some weight on the final sentence come on this old lady tho look old and hagard on the surface but is much more vicious you just cannot shruged off her wrong doing just because some ppl wrote some stupid story symphatize with her .... this old granny still dont show any regrets of what she had done and caused harm all this years even when she was still in remand she blamed everybody else for her arrest.... :crazy:

next episodes Mrs Kim is release on ground of suspended sentence ...what whas that all abt???....

hahahha i cant help laughing seeing Uje with his eyes even when he told Inae family that he wanted to marry her he gave those mr eyeball expression ..lol...

Asianspirit, I agree. That's why I've said it a couple of times that justice will never be served where Mrs Kim is concerned. I find that even more shocking than stealing, lying, cheating etc. which we knew from the start is her willingness to "permanently get rid" of 2 people. What kind of justice is a suspended sentence and what is that supposed to mean! Prisoners shave time off their sentence because they exhibit remorse and good behaviour. Since these are notably absent in Mrs Kim, I do agree that its just unbelievable that she was freed. Perhaps she got out because of her usual custom, i.e. bribing the judge :tongue2: Otherwise it just boggles the mind to think this hardcore criminal is just let loose without any concern for the public!

Poor Jiyun didn't even have time to let the fact sink in that she "lost" Uje when in less than a minute later, Uje and Inae are already married :tongue2: It was so fast like a "lets-get-it-over-so-we-can-return-our-attention-to-that-CRIMINAL". And it is strange that Mr Kim, Deoksan's Mum, Aunt and her husband were absent without a word being mentioned by anyone. The whole Kim family is there to welcome back the CRIMINAL but Mr Kim is not there. And the Lee's are celebrating Christmas and the matriach is not there. They should wrap up the show already, its been dragging for the past few episodes with too much attention given to that aspiring murderess.

^ yea i wondering too what happened to Mrs Lee, her sis and Mr KIm.....this drama have tons of flaw, the director & writer really did a shabby work...oh god seunghi is such an irritating soul up till now she only know how to shout and ordered ppl around. she showed how much she love her mum bla bla bla but when Hakin asked her to go grocery shopping for her mum food she refused telling him that the maid could do and even suggested Hakgyu to do it since he caused their mum to be in that condition.....what a freak she cant do a simple thing for her mum, a total loser :tongue2:

in the whole character i only find Hakgyu more sensible at least he's trying real hard to correct the wrong ....

So Mrs Kim lost her voice but not her temper..Had to say i like the scenes in YangPyeong..Hakgyu definitely is the hero in this drama..Mrs Kim and Hakgyu both reminisced the days when they were poor and working their backs off..awww....

I wonder the absence of Mr Kim and Mrs Lee too..but this drama is reaching the end obviously..i wish Inae would be carrying Uje's child too.. ;) ..

Guest bokbok29

I have few reasons in mind why Mrs. Kim was released.

1st and the most obvious one was her sanity. insane people are not jailed and needs treatment :sweatingbullets:

Or maybe the sentence of Mrs. Kim was simply suspended just because of her being sick? Gov't. could be cutting cost on her treatment and just freed her.

Or maybe because of being sick and of her old age. Here in my country if a prisoner is 70yrs of age or over and is sick, amnesty is granted even if the sentence is life imprisonment. We have an Ex-President of the republic as an example. :wacko:

Now back to my question that's giving me sleepless nights :lol:

Where is Mr. Kim???

Guest b00kw0rm

I have few reasons in mind why Mrs. Kim was released.

1st and the most obvious one was her sanity. insane people are not jailed and needs treatment :sweatingbullets:

Or maybe the sentence of Mrs. Kim was simply suspended just because of her being sick? Gov't. could be cutting cost on her treatment and just freed her.

Or maybe because of being sick and of her old age. Here in my country if a prisoner is 70yrs of age or over and is sick, amnesty is granted even if the sentence is life imprisonment. We have an Ex-President of the republic as an example. :wacko:

Where is Mr. Kim???

If she's mad, she should be locked up in a mental institution. But she is not mad. She knew what she was doing.

Her illness is not in the critical condition.

She is not that old either.

If she can do the crime, she should do the time. Asianspirit, Pint0, one further point. She is not an "aspiring murderess" but I believe she is already one. When she told Gitae she will permanently get rid of him, he begged for his life. She laughed and told him not to be so naive to think she has not done this before. So yes, why in the world was she freed?

Mr Kim ran away because he was not up to the challenge. A subdued Mrs Kim means Mr Kim has to wear the pants in the family and for the first time, be the man of the house. He knows he doesn't have the equipment for it so he ran away. Joking about his running away but not about his lack of equipment. A kind hearted man but a thoroughly useless one.

Where is Mr. Kim???

lol no need to have any sleepless night over Mr Kim disapperance...he will make his comeback on the next episode and will stay put until the end...but i am still wondering wth happend to Mrs Lee (Deoksan's mother) she has been MIA since the last previous episodes even until the last breath of the drama she's still MIA.... ;)

^ yea i wondering too what happened to Mrs Lee, her sis and Mr KIm.....this drama have tons of flaw, the director & writer really did a shabby work...oh god seunghi is such an irritating soul up till now she only know how to shout and ordered ppl around. she showed how much she love her mum bla bla bla but when Hakin asked her to go grocery shopping for her mum food she refused telling him that the maid could do and even suggested Hakgyu to do it since he caused their mum to be in that condition.....what a freak she cant do a simple thing for her mum, a total loser :tongue2:

in the whole character i only find Hakgyu more sensible at least he's trying real hard to correct the wrong ....

Seunghi had a few good moments. At least she tried to protect Insu from Mrs Kim and spoke very nicely to Jiho. A bit too little too late. But I think she should have told Hakin to do it himself, not ask Hakgyu. Seunghi and Hakgyu are both working. Hakin quit his job. So why can't he go buy the groceries? Its not just a woman's job and for that matter, he's not that much of a man anyway! He even needed to be told his mother needs to wash up. This is some kind of weird doctor!

I didn't enjoy yesterday's show at all. Is the writer trying to make us feel sorry for "poor" Mrs Kim? Almost the whole episode was about her being in "pain". If she is suffering, its her own doing. But I don't see her suffering the pains of remorse. Instead she is showing deep pride and anger. Why should Deokgi and Hakygu feel that they have done something wrong? Who is the criminal?! And I disagree very much with Hakgyu saying that he wants Mrs Kim back the way she was in YangPyeong. In YangPyeong, she stole the bereavement money from the Song sisters and used that to start-up her 'business'. She lied to Inok and sold Insu and Inae, pooled the money into her 'business accounts'. This is just some of the things she did in YangPyeong. Except these are things that Hakgyu didn't know about. Mr Kim and Hakin knew about it. They either had no guts or didn't care enough to stop the old witch. So why should Hakgyu be made to feel like he has done his mother an injustice? There's too much attention shown on Mrs Kim as if she is the victim here and the writer/director want us to desperately start liking her. Just because the show is going to end. Too little, too late!

I think the old woman's starting to show a little bit of remorse but hey, at least she's showing something right? Besides, she's old now, as much as we'd love to see her behind bars that would never happen in a Kdrama. We all know that. Seriously, as long as she shows some remorse I think it's ok.

HeeHee I absolutely adore the Inae-Uje moments. They're so cute. That's what I like about Kdramas, there's always a cute couple in there somewhere.

So quick poll people. Who here thinks that Insu is going to end up like her mother? Anyone? Yes? No? Or is she going to make a miraculous recovery and come back from the brink of death?

And dude, what happened to Jiyun's grandma? Where'd she go?

So wait, did Uje ever actually spill the beans about Inok to JiHo or did he hide it for the sake of his nephew?

I think the old woman's starting to show a little bit of remorse but hey, at least she's showing something right? Besides, she's old now, as much as we'd love to see her behind bars that would never happen in a Kdrama. We all know that. Seriously, as long as she shows some remorse I think it's ok.

Yes, she is showing some remorse. But it looks very contrived. A short conversation with a little girl (the young Insu) who reminds her of her DIL brings tears to her eyes and makes her feel bad over her misdeeds! Its unbelievable considering what Insu has been to her all this time - nothing! Some people come out of prison feeling remorse as they reflected on what led to their imprisonment. But if she was so hardboiled after being released, it is rather unrealistic for the sudden conversion. And I don't accept the being old part. Being old didn't stop her from a life of crime. Why should it stop her from paying for it! Of course, we know that this being a kdrama, she would have a change of heart but the writer could have made it a more convincing one.

HeeHee I absolutely adore the Inae-Uje moments. They're so cute. That's what I like about Kdramas, there's always a cute couple in there somewhere.

For me, it had the opposite effect. I actually didn't enjoy those moments. Esp. not the scene with the schoolgirls getting fresh with Uje and Inae trying to use a schoolboy to make him jealous. They are teachers and there are some lines you do not cross! I felt sick, not amused at all.

So quick poll people. Who here thinks that Insu is going to end up like her mother? Anyone? Yes? No? Or is she going to make a miraculous recovery and come back from the brink of death?

Most of us already know the ending. Since you obviously didn't read the spoilers, I won't spoil it for you.

And dude, what happened to Jiyun's grandma? Where'd she go?

Yesterday, Inae mentioned that she brought cake for her so the writers want us to believe she is still around. I guess the actress must be busy filming her next show.

So wait, did Uje ever actually spill the beans about Inok to JiHo or did he hide it for the sake of his nephew?

Dude, that was over like 30-50 episodes back. Uje told Insu and Inae. Jiho learnt of it when he overheard a conversation.

Haha you have some good points in there. I did miss a few episodes so I wouldn't know. I mean I saw the ones where he told Insu and Inae but I missed the one where Jiho overheard it. But hey whatevs. S'all good.

I don't think Inae should go running to Uje. He told her that he sought her out for revenge on her sisters but has not said the magic ILY words. She told him that she loved him. He needs to come a-begging before she takes him back.

I beg to differ. He did say ILY. The episode where he left for like half an episode and stood Inae up or whatever. Anyway he came running to the spot where she was waiting and when Inae thrust his present to her back into his hands he grabs her, pulls her into a hug, and is all like "ILY! You're my world! You mean more to me than you know!" blah blah blah. lol.

Guest b00kw0rm

I beg to differ. He did say ILY. The episode where he left for like half an episode and stood Inae up or whatever. Anyway he came running to the spot where she was waiting and when Inae thrust his present to her back into his hands he grabs her, pulls her into a hug, and is all like "ILY! You're my world! You mean more to me than you know!" blah blah blah. lol.

He didn't say the words out loud. He only thought them to himself. When Inae told him she didn't want to see him anymore - after finding out that he arranged to work at the school and get to know her to take revenge on her sisters, she thought to herself that he should have lied to her and said he was in love with her. Inae said the words first. But I noticed in kdramas the women will go after the men they want and are more expressive. Korean men are not hunters? :tongue2:

About Deoksan's house - if Gitae had already fully paid up for the house, legally it belongs to him. Doesn't the Lees still have to move out? Also, the area is marked for redevelopment, so that's another reason for them to move. What did that old lady do with the sawmill? Earlier, she told Mrs Lee to pay interest on the loan Gitae took from her and they could have the sawmill back. If she's repentant of what she did, she should give back the sawmill to the Lees without asking for any interest upfront.

I think it's quite teary today..dont care about the flaws but i love the get together during Insu's birthday (hey..i miss the sweet Mrs Lee...where is she?...). Boy..i'm going to bawl for the next two ending episodes i think..i love this drama!...so is she (Mrs Kim) going to adopt that 'young Insu' girl?? (which is the young Insu of coz..)

Guest b00kw0rm

About Deoksan's house - if Gitae had already fully paid up for the house, legally it belongs to him. Doesn't the Lees still have to move out? Also, the area is marked for redevelopment, so that's another reason for them to move. What did that old lady do with the sawmill? Earlier, she told Mrs Lee to pay interest on the loan Gitae took from her and they could have the sawmill back. If she's repentant of what she did, she should give back the sawmill to the Lees without asking for any interest upfront.

At that time of payment, Gitae only paid Deoksan half the agreed price. but a few days back, he gave the deed back to Deoksan. In gratitude because Deoksan told the police he has no grievance against him and so he was released. I suppose Deoksan's book will be a success so they can move to a better area.

I agree about Mrs Lee. In the past, we have seen a few times when she faked remorse just to get her way or to get someone to do something/give her something. Its now the show is ending so we know this is supposed to be real remorse. But I can't help waiting for her to drop the bomb. Her conversion is so unrealistic.

He didn't say the words out loud. He only thought them to himself. When Inae told him she didn't want to see him anymore - after finding out that he arranged to work at the school and get to know her to take revenge on her sisters, she thought to herself that he should have lied to her and said he was in love with her. Inae said the words first. But I noticed in kdramas the women will go after the men they want and are more expressive. Korean men are not hunters? :tongue2:

well, you're half right. He did say ILY out loud. I saw his mouth move and the words came out. But the rest of it was in his head.

But I do agree with you. Funny how its always the woman going after the man. never the other way around.

well, you're half right. He did say ILY out loud. I saw his mouth move and the words came out. But the rest of it was in his head.

But I do agree with you. Funny how its always the woman going after the man. never the other way around.

I think it must be the translation problem. If he said the words out loud then it doesn't make sense for Inae to think to herself that he should have said so. I noticed that sometimes the characters seem to have amnesia, forgetting what they said and what others said to them even if was just an episode ago! During the weekend on "Iron Empress" and "My Precious You" twice the translations came out the exact opposite of what it was supposed to be. like when the character said she didn't want something to happen, it was translated as she hopes it would happen. Guess we should all learn korean so we can do away with this problem. Wouldn't it be cool if we could post messages in korean :tongue2:

At that time of payment, Gitae only paid Deoksan half the agreed price. but a few days back, he gave the deed back to Deoksan. In gratitude because Deoksan told the police he has no grievance against him and so he was released. I suppose Deoksan's book will be a success so they can move to a better area.

I agree about Mrs Lee. In the past, we have seen a few times when she faked remorse just to get her way or to get someone to do something/give her something. Its now the show is ending so we know this is supposed to be real remorse. But I can't help waiting for her to drop the bomb. Her conversion is so unrealistic.

Oh, thank you. That must have been the episode I missed when our cable was down. Why doesn't the producers explain Mrs Lee's absence?

Archived