[Drama 2008] My Pitiful Sister / Big Sister 큰언니

Guest huangsy

Bout Insu went to Germany on scholarship nurse and come back as doctor. I think it can be done. Maybe she switch her studies at Germany. Who knows but then ok since in the story only Insu capable to do the surgery but by rights there cannot be bias so doctors cannot do operation to their relatives. Correct me if I wrong.

But she didn't go on the scholarship. The selfish self-centered person didn't even bother to inform the university to see if someone else could go in her place. She went to Germany to work as a nurse. Without any nursing background, Germany just took her in because she spoke German! And she abandoned Jiho to be a nurse because she told Inok that Jiho would just remind her of Uhyeok who abandoned her but she told the interviewer that she went into nursing because she wanted to learn how to help others because of her exp with Uhyeok. Yes, doctors cannot operate on their family members and here she is operating on sister and brother-in-law. It is more than ridiculous.

And in today's episode, twice we got to see Insu's very big pregnant stomach. How come they can have Inae pretending not to know she is pregnant. They should have taken more care with the filming because her stomach cannot suddenly expand in a day or two!

I suppose now Hakin will only wake up when Inok tells him to. This is sleeping beauty with a modern twist! Eeeh, if it were me, I would let him sleep forever! During her op, Inok's mind wandered to her past - to happy times with Mum and Insu, to Hakin, to her Mum's death. She never thought of Deoksan and her children or Inae. What's that supposed to mean!

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No wonder I thought she looked like she gained weight recently! Thought she was enjoying life as Mrs Kim's DIL. hahaha! No wonder they do not actually show Insu's body as it would be unbelievable if no-one could guess she's pregnant. One scene where she was standing, she held a file to cover her stomach!

I don't think Inae should go running to Uje. He told her that he sought her out for revenge on her sisters but has not said the magic ILY words. She told him that she loved him. He needs to come a-begging before she takes him back.

Yah, the "twins" are very chummy these days! Jiyun also looks prettier these days now that she doesn't fight with Jiho!

Pali, as in every thread, the words that are blackened out are spoilers. So please edit your post and blackened out the spoilers as there may be others like you who do not wish to know the ending. And the ending has been mentioned several times, not just in the latest post by Pint0!

The whole medical scenario looked real fake. I guess its the first time they had to pretend to do some work and so far, we have seen the medical staff are only good at gossiping! Inok has just had major surgery and people can wander in and out of her room. And that Mr Kim - why stand at a patient's bedside and go on weeping and moaning. This is not uplifting and encouraging to a patient. If I'm in the hospital, I would not allow anyone from kbs drama to visit me!

I am sorry about not blacking out my comments, but I was so upset that I did not think about it. However, for some reason, the spoilers on my screne were readable and not covered over. This is not what I usually do. I was not blaming the poster, but the stupidity of the writers of the show. There seems to be a common problem with Korean shows when it concerns realistic writing. Maybe, I should just stop watching the show.

But she didn't go on the scholarship. The selfish self-centered person didn't even bother to inform the university to see if someone else could go in her place. She went to Germany to work as a nurse. Without any nursing background, Germany just took her in because she spoke German! And she abandoned Jiho to be a nurse because she told Inok that Jiho would just remind her of Uhyeok who abandoned her but she told the interviewer that she went into nursing because she wanted to learn how to help others because of her exp with Uhyeok. Yes, doctors cannot operate on their family members and here she is operating on sister and brother-in-law. It is more than ridiculous.

And in today's episode, twice we got to see Insu's very big pregnant stomach. How come they can have Inae pretending not to know she is pregnant. They should have taken more care with the filming because her stomach cannot suddenly expand in a day or two!

I suppose now Hakin will only wake up when Inok tells him to. This is sleeping beauty with a modern twist! Eeeh, if it were me, I would let him sleep forever! During her op, Inok's mind wandered to her past - to happy times with Mum and Insu, to Hakin, to her Mum's death. She never thought of Deoksan and her children or Inae. What's that supposed to mean!

Pinto, Why are you so mean spirited when it comes to Hakin and Insu? All of the main characters have flaws and some are much more flawed than the two I just mentioned.

Guest b00kw0rm

Pinto, Why are you so mean spirited when it comes to Hakin and Insu? All of the main characters have flaws and some are much more flawed than the two I just mentioned.

That's Pint0's opinion and he/she is entitled to it. Just as some people have blamed Inok for everything and that's okay because that is what they think. DO we all need to think the same? And do we all now need to have playground fights calling each other mean, etc? When others have blasted Deoksan, I didn't hear you calling them mean because you share the same opinion of him! Just as no-one has made any personal comment about you in your defense of Insu. Or just like Asianspirit and I have made fun of Uje whom Inez just loves but she doesn't call us names because we say her cutie pie can't act. And I read through some of Pint0's post and saw one saying the scriptwriters took the easy way out in killing off Insu. Got it? We write about the characters in the show and our opinion of them sometimes change, the actors performance and the quality of the script but we can do all this without taking stabs at each other. Its only a drama after all.

Uje definitely should be in Boys Over Flowers instead..(a great drama by the way..) coz he's too pretty.. :D ..and stiff as well..

But i want him to end up with the beautiful Inae.. :)

Yes..this is just another drama..with so many flaws but we laugh and cry thru' it all..

we can bash and swoon and chill...it's fun :P

Deokgi went to see a guy in prison and he told Deokgi how he lost his business to Mrs. Kim. But why was he in jail? I'm also wondering what crime will cause her to be sentenced to prison? I hope she will be taught a lesson by some female inmates who were her victims!

Deokgi went to see a guy in prison and he told Deokgi how he lost his business to Mrs. Kim. But why was he in jail? I'm also wondering what crime will cause her to be sentenced to prison? I hope she will be taught a lesson by some female inmates who were her victims!

He borrowed money from Mrs Kim. When he tried to repay the loan, she went MIA on him so the interest piled up until it got too much for him to pay. Then she had him thrown in jail for not paying his debt. Nasty woman.

Pali, about your precious Insu! My comments about her being selfish, self-centered etc were in connection with her past when she was selfish and self-centered, etc. Its only now she is thinking of Jiho as a person and wondering what is the best thing for him. As I said before, if only the scriptwriter could be more creative and not have her die just so Jiho could return to Inok.

Until recently I thought Hakin had learnt from his past. I thought this Hakin was an improvement on Deoksan. But they are both cut from the same cloth. Hakin told Insu and his boss that he and only he will take full responsibility for the transplant and him being a donor. You can only take responsibility if you're around to do so. Hakin told the silly nurse that he lost Inok because he did not protect her from his Mum. He promised he would protect the silly nurse from Mrs Kim. Well, the silly nurse was verbally abused by Mrs Kim and then slapped when she stepped in front of Insu to protect her. Hakin lied to all his family members that he was going away on a business trip. Could he not tell his Dad and Hakgyu? Both men understood why he donated his liver. Hakgyu himself said he would have donated his liver too. Did Hakin think no-one would find out? Doesn't he know that Mrs Kim only lives for him? And who did he think she would blame? Hakin or Inok?!

You could say there was urgency as Inok was dying but the scenario is just like in the past. History repeated too many times. And after a good long break from Hakin-Inok-Mrs Kim situation, here it comes again. How annoying. He gets an idea in his head and rushes to carry it out and others are the ones to deal with the fallout. Only this time, thank goodness for Asianspirit's spoiler and we know the show is ending, that Mrs Kim is the one who will suffer. But I wonder if she really gets justice or just a slight inconvenience!

If I were Inok and had to choose between Hakin and Deoksan, I would rather remain single. Or they might just drive me to bat for the other team! I think the show has gone on for too long and they should wrap it up soon. And this Uje better make a contrite appearance soon and not just turn up in the second to or the very last episode and place his eyeballs at Inae's feet. Man, that will really richard simmons me off.

BTW, the actress who played the young Insu is appearing in the Iron Empress. She looks taller, slimmer and much sweeter there.

And Hakin is the deranged King in the same drama too..awesome actor. :)

Yaay! Mrs Kim was arrested (and handcuffed hopefully) by the cops! Hakin finally woke up..thanks to Inok..Uje looks gorgeous and forever young.. :D Everything was fine till Insu was told she had a tumour in her kidney... :unsure: ...predictable..

That's Pint0's opinion and he/she is entitled to it. Just as some people have blamed Inok for everything and that's okay because that is what they think. DO we all need to think the same? And do we all now need to have playground fights calling each other mean, etc? When others have blasted Deoksan, I didn't hear you calling them mean because you share the same opinion of him! Just as no-one has made any personal comment about you in your defense of Insu. Or just like Asianspirit and I have made fun of Uje whom Inez just loves but she doesn't call us names because we say her cutie pie can't act. And I read through some of Pint0's post and saw one saying the scriptwriters took the easy way out in killing off Insu. Got it? We write about the characters in the show and our opinion of them sometimes change, the actors performance and the quality of the script but we can do all this without taking stabs at each other. Its only a drama after all.

I don't believe I was taking a stab at anyone, but asking a qualified question of another poster. There was no intention of anything else. If fact, I was not calling names of anyone or starting a heated disagreement. You interpreted my question incorrectly.

I am aware that the fault of the show lies within the the script as the characters speak the writers lines and are directed by director/producer of the show as to the intention of the these lines.

If I were Inok and had to choose between Hakin and Deoksan, I would rather remain single. Or they might just drive me to bat for the other team! I think the show has gone on for too long and they should wrap it up soon. And this Uje better make a contrite appearance soon and not just turn up in the second to or the very last episode and place his eyeballs at Inae's feet. Man, that will really richard simmons me off.

LMAO ... :lol:

Ah well ... good riddance to Insu & Mrs Kim~ :tongue2: Thank god it's finally going to end~ Hope the new drama is much better than this one. Windy City is definitely better than the lame drama which it replaces with that bunch of weirdos although I've missed about 1 week's worth since I was away so no idea if it went crazy as the other dramas. :mellow:

Maybe we can luck out & Inae will step over that eyeball accidentally. :P:lol:

Guest raistlinmage

Oooooh, when I saw the old witch got arrested - I was so jubilant - alas, my recording ended just at that frame!

LOLx.

Now, I'm sooo looking forward to tomorrow's episode to see if justice will be served.

Guest b00kw0rm

LMAO ... :lol:

Ah well ... good riddance to Insu & Mrs Kim~ :tongue2: Thank god it's finally going to end~ Hope the new drama is much better than this one. Windy City is definitely better than the lame drama which it replaces with that bunch of weirdos although I've missed about 1 week's worth since I was away so no idea if it went crazy as the other dramas. :mellow:

Maybe we can luck out & Inae will step over that eyeball accidentally. :P:lol:

I will check out Windy City. I saw the first few episodes and found it a big yawn. But then again, the show that it replaced started off with a bang and even before it reached the middle, it went downhill and never even took a step up the hill!

The eyeball looked rather hot yesterday :)

Pali, I really hope so!!

Raistlinmage, the show ended at that wonderful frame...frozen in space! Anyway I am glad she beat up Gitae before she was arrested. I had actually thought he was going to be nice to Deoksan. Gitae and Mrs Kim should share a cell. they can beat each other to death and save the police' time in investigating their crime!

I don't know if it was because I watched the episode late at night and was dead tired, but the episode felt so unreal. First, Inok dragged herself to Hakin's beside. In that big hospital, there was no nursing staff to stop her or assist her? In Hakin's condition, anyone could just walk into his room?! And its real cheesy for him to wake up only when Inok commanded him to do so. In just a few days of such major surgery, Inok was discharged. And went straight to the shop to her SIL! Like they are best buds or what?!

Insu has some kidney problem. When she first returned from Germany, she was popping pills like candy and wore a wig. But she was alright. Why she was popping pills and wearing that ugly wig we still don't know. We earlier saw that in her pregnant condition, she ran from her home to Inok's shop (but the distance is considered too far for a healthy teenager like Jiho to travel by bus) but Insu is seriously unwell!

The only bright spark was seeing the old witch being handcuffed. She told Gitae that she did worse things than roughing him up and stealing the deed to Inok's house to get to where she is. Somehow I think the punishment she is going to get will not fit the crime.

I agree that Uje looked rather handsome yesterday. There was something different about him. And I noticed how careful he was to keep his eyeballs to himself. Exupery, if he keeps this up there's no chance of Inae accidentally stepping on them :tongue2:

Is this the final week?...ooh..i'm gonna miss the pitiful folks in this drama...

I read from the Koreanwiz site that this drama has 150 (?) episodes. That means it should end by February the 18 Feb. But the way the plot is progressing, I very much doubt that.

Guest b00kw0rm

Yeah, I read that too. But at the rate they are going and if the show really ends at the 150th episode means they are just going to drag the remaining episodes. I hope not.

Kang Do's surprising statement came out of the blue. I didn't understand what he said about his parents as he didn't elaborate. Hakgyu didn't press him to explain so he must have understood what he was saying. I wonder if Kang Do knew all along who Mrs Kim was as it always appeared like it was Gitae who roped him in to spy on Mrs Kim. I wonder if his sister knows about Mrs Kim and her parents?

It seems strange that the Kim family have not visited Hakin Mrs Kim is busy going about trying to get revenge on Inok. But the others also don't seem concern about him.

What's wrong with Insu? Is it her kidney or her liver? For 2 days the doctor mentioned kidney and asked if her family has a history of cancer. And all of a sudden now it seems it is the liver that is giving her problems!

Kudos to Deokgyi and Hakgyu. I think the 2 younger brothers are more decisive and have more depth than their 2 older brothers.

Guest raistlinmage

Yups, for all their previous shortcomings, it's good to see Deokgi and Hakgyu stepped up.

Nobody would want to land their family member in jail, but that Mrs Kim is just waaaay too much. Even behind bars, she is ordering the beating up of people. She's incorrigible. Just like her daughter ... she wants Inok to do her a favour by giving a positive statement at the police station; yet she behaves like a little demon herself. Gah!

What a wonderful moment to see Mrs Kim in jail..!

Inok is loved by everyone..note how precious she is to her MIL..I feel sad for Insu but she cant clearly think now..she can always have another baby but remained adamant as ever..(the second lead heroine usually dies in TV Novel anyway..)

Hakin is quitting his job and is following the nurse right? They probably will set up their own private clinic somewhere.. :D

Guest b00kw0rm

I think its not nice to keep on about the 'eyeball' joke. It's hurful.

Now that he is keeping his eyeballs to himself, the jokes will probably stop too! And without the eyeballs popping out, he looks very handsome.

Insu has always been rather stubborn. I guess its also true that doctors make the worst patients! And Hakin has always been a rather insensitive person. He commented that Insu’s face is swollen. She said she wants to rest until her baby is born and he talks to her about career advancement! I guess he wants to go somewhere far away from his mother. That’s the only real way to protect anyone from her.

I am not liking the Kim family too much. No one asked who Mrs Kim cheated and how her victims are doing. They are just feeling so sorry for the “poor woman” to be locked up in jail. As I said before, their living in that big house obtained by ill-gotten gains is a silent affirmation that they accept her principles and way of getting money. They may not have know the full extent but they had an idea from her dealings with the Song’s sisters home, the bereavement money collected when Mrs Song died, charging exorbitant interest rates to the market people at their hometown, etc. In the past, they would have exchange angry words and maybe stay away from home for awhile but always they would say whatever happened was in the past and they would happily forget about it. I feel most upset that the sister didn’t have just the slightest dealing in the business otherwise she could at least spend a few days in jail! Then maybe she would return to the sweet, mature person she was when they were children.

Archived