[Drama 2009 Movie 2010] IRIS 아이리스

rubie

Guest Lilazinprincess

So....who here wants to help me rule out the possibility of Seunghee being a twin. *gulp* She did have a sibling in the book...how the writers will twist that is still a question.

Will be right back to explain myself. Editing this post.

These are speculations that have been floating around these past few days.
Some of them are not mine. (Thanks to the many other IRIS addicts out there in the web)
1)The real Seunghee died or is kidnapped.

The station. We never really saw CSH leave the car directly did we? We only saw her running. That phone call, was it really from Sawoo? I really can't see him planting the bomb in that car.
Even if he wanted to kill HJ, he had to know that the other person he would kill along
with HJ is his beloved CSH.No way was he that stupid.
There is a high possibility that Sawoo was at the scene at that moment.
Many BTS clips out there have shown JJH in that area.
Whether he had a role in that scene or he was just hanging out is a question.
If he was at the scene, then he must have saw what happened. Perhaps,
he saw the real one being kidnapped. That would explain why he joined IRIS...to save her (restricted 2nd floor anyone?).
Those profilers could persuade anyone to do anything.

Here's the counterargument to that: Even if she did have a twin, it would be hard for that twin
to memorize everything (agenda and all) about the original one.

2) VICK.

The book did say that her brother was a part of IRIS? Right?
I believed it also said the CSH and her sibling were adopted and raised in the States.
Well Vick's first appearance was of him speaking English. Huh.
We never had a scene of a meeting between
CSH and Vick right? True the drama isn't following the book but there has to
be some parts of it that it is following the original "storyline."
If the book said she had a brother...well I think we're going to see him soon.

Also, IRIS promo poster (first page of IRIS thread). Everyone's position makes sense.
Sawoo stood next to Baeksan. CSH stood next to HJ. Sunhwa stood next to PCY. Vick stood next to...CSH.
[url="http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2616/poster03l.jpg"]http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2616/poster03l.jpg[/url]

*SIGH*
[/codebox]

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mikeychowster

2) Just like when the Terrorist Group and HJ sneaked into SK via the pier route, the NK tech guy was able to enable and disable the CCTV whenever he wanted. So...he enabled it during the raid at NSS so he could observe the whereabouts of everyone as well as any potential break ins but I'm sure he disabled and erased everything afterwards.

Notice how loyal the Terrorist hacker is towards the terrorist leader. He will do anything under authority. The scene you just mentioned, he only did that because it was an order and that order was to hack into the passport system or whatever and also to erase CCTV footages of their existence.

When Sun Hwa requested for internal CCTV in NSS, the terrorist hacker asked if the order was given by the terrorist leader.

Edit: *The terrorist hacker would not have erased the CCTV footages without permission from the terrorist leader. Also it was Sunhwa who activated the internal CCTV without the terrorist leader knowing.*

The terrorist leader did not give an order for the terrorist hacker to erase all CCTV footages of their existence in NSS. Due to circumstances, the terrorist group were in a rush to prepare for their departure of NSS because NSS forces were coming in soon. It would take time to erase on the computer and also they would be caught on camera again if they erased the previous footages.

Guest badhairday8

Silent reader here but I couldn't resist posting after watching this additional scene.. someone posted a link here to the youtube video which contained the additional kissing scene between HJ and SH in episode 16..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w5l52JA-nE

If you continue watching, you'll find a scene which many of us have been waiting for: explanation on how SH got out of the car (before it exploded) in Budapest in FLASHBACKS! I found it really feeble when watching the cut version - such an important explanation was just deduced to a one-liner, was kinda disappointed. Too bad the video on youtube is not complete, I really wanted to know how SH got out and what happened thereafter.

Hopefully the official dvd will contain all the uncut scenes.

I'm a total IRIS addict and really upset that it's coming to an end. I'm dreading what is coming up in the next 2 eps - please let everything be good >.<

Ooohhh that's awesome sharing. I haven't seen that footage before with the flashback of CSH running away from the car before the explosion.

Lilazinprincess, those are some wild speculations you got there..

If you think that CSH has an evil twin, do you suppose it's when the short hair CSH appeared?

Somehow, I'm still having a hard time believing that she is IRIS because the way she questioned SW and BS about what IRIS is.. doesn't sound like she knows what it is. Also, she has helped foil many IRIS plans.. like the blowing up of central Seoul.. wasn't it her idea to jam the wireless system so that the bomb cannot be detonated with wireless remote? Not only that, she killed a couple of members from the NK terrorists in NSS and at the shootout.

CSH is a mysterious character indeed and now all attention/focus is on her because nobody knows her identity.

Also if Vick is her brother, why doesn't he go thru CSH to gain access into NSS instead of using hacker girl?

I also find it weird that they are planning to kill the president at the Blue House. If they killed the CoS so easily... couldn't they have planned the assassination of the president in a similar/easier fashion than raiding the Blue House?

Somehow, if CSH is a part of IRIS, I have a feeling she will do something super evil and surprising. If the production are following the series '24' route, I think CSH will kill KSH because she is finding too much info about her and IRIS.

Guest Lilazinprincess

Do we know the name for the actress that plays CSH's friend?

Some recent pictures of her:

[img]http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4286/20091212004830.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/354/20091212004831.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/6271/20091212004832.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/5461/20091212004833.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/7914/20091212004834.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/2317/20091212004835.jpg[/img]
Credits: Chosun
[/codebox]

[b]badhairday[/b]: keep going so you can ease my brain. ><

Guest Lilazinprincess

Also if Vick is her brother, why doesn't he go thru CSH to gain access into NSS instead of using hacker girl?

I also find it weird that they are planning to kill the president at the Blue House. If they killed the CoS so easily... couldn't they have planned the assassination of the president in a similar/easier fashion than raiding the Blue House?

Somehow, if CSH is a part of IRIS, I have a feeling she will do something super evil and surprising. If the production are following the series '24' route, I think CSH will kill KSH because she is finding too much info about her and IRIS.

Thank you mikeychowster for your answer. I can't remember whether we have her name on the cast list in the first page of this thread or not.

I think the possibility of the first "speculation" being true isn't that high. I think bits and pieces of it may be plausible. Still whether her sibiling is a twin or a brother is still out there.

You saw from ep.18 that she obviously wasn't happy when she received that call. She may or may not know about the organization but I don't think she approves of its action. If Vick is her brother, then he may have known this and could guess how difficult that would be to get her to help him.

I think someone mentioned this in the previous page about how the camera focused on the statue for a bit before zooming on TOP. Yes, I thought that interesting too.

Also why couldn't someone else pick up the phone when BS called for the release of CSH? :unsure:

ok, since everyone is posting their theories about CSH, I'll jump in with mine.

I think she is involved with IRIS, but I also think she genuinely fell in love with HJ, which leaves her with a conflict of interest. But it also explains a lot of her apparent anti-IRIS actions. I think she's a deep-cover, important member of IRIS all along. The reason why she acted like she's ignorant of the organization when she questioned BS about it in his office is b/c of the NSS surveillance. We've known since the start that the only place you can't be overheard in that building is in the one spot on the roof. So, CSH questioning BS about IRIS, acting as though she has no idea what it is makes her look completely innocent, both to anyone listening in and to the audience. (I could be wrong, but I think BS and SW have always talked in very veiled terms about IRIS when they've been in the NSS building, right? wrong?)

As for the car blowing up in Hungary, I suspect what happened was IRIS realized their important agent was putting her heart ahead of the mission, grabbed her out of the car and blew it up in front of HJ so he would believe she died. This gives the organization an emotional advantage over her (she can't run off with a dead man) and also over HJ (he might be so grief-stricken he'll make a mistake and easily be killed).

Regarding how CSH helped to thwart the terrorists blowing up the bomb in Seoul: of course she stopped it! if she didn't her lover would have been killed! She knew HJ was following the terrorists and would likely be there. And of course she leaves her post at NSS and rushes to help him. I suspect the reason she was called out from the hotel in episode 18 was to scold her and remind her of her mission (whatever that is, kill the President has been theorized.)

Guest akira48

I think she is involved with IRIS, but I also think she genuinely fell in love with HJ, which leaves her with a conflict of interest. But it also explains a lot of her apparent anti-IRIS actions. I think she's a deep-cover, important member of IRIS all along. The reason why she acted like she's ignorant of the organization when she questioned BS about it in his office is b/c of the NSS surveillance. We've known since the start that the only place you can't be overheard in that building is in the one spot on the roof. So, CSH questioning BS about IRIS, acting as though she has no idea what it is makes her look completely innocent, both to anyone listening in and to the audience. (I could be wrong, but I think BS and SW have always talked in very veiled terms about IRIS when they've been in the NSS building, right? wrong?)

As for the car blowing up in Hungary, I suspect what happened was IRIS realized their important agent was putting her heart ahead of the mission, grabbed her out of the car and blew it up in front of HJ so he would believe she died. This gives the organization an emotional advantage over her (she can't run off with a dead man) and also over HJ (he might be so grief-stricken he'll make a mistake and easily be killed).

Regarding how CSH helped to thwart the terrorists blowing up the bomb in Seoul: of course she stopped it! if she didn't her lover would have been killed! She knew HJ was following the terrorists and would likely be there. And of course she leaves her post at NSS and rushes to help him. I suspect the reason she was called out from the hotel in episode 18 was to scold her and remind her of her mission (whatever that is, kill the President has been theorized.)

i totally agree with you.

Guest mikeychowster

I disagree. If CSH was involved in IRIS, she would've killed KHJ back in episode 3 at the hotel room. It would make sense for CSH to use KHJ as part of the mission for him to assassinate that guy from NK. However if that is not the case, then CSH would be hindrance to IRIS and she would be disobeying IRIS for the sake of KHJ. Now, how would IRIS want to get rid of something that is just going to get in their way? Perhaps killing CSH would be one of their options. Its possible that there was an attempt to kill CSH back in Hungary when she was in that car. However, if that was IRIS' doing and Sa Woo told her to get out of the car, that means there is already a traitor in IRIS. Although, that is not likely.

The point with the car blowing up in Hungary was for Sa Woo to seperate CSH and KHJ. KHJ was suppose to be killed by Sa Woo and not by the NK agents

I have not seen episode 18 yet as I am patiently waiting for the subs for episode 17. I just hope what I said make sense and that episode 18 does not collapse my reasoning.

Guest celena8899

I found a funny fan-made rendition of IRIS today:

http://qtv.freechal.com/movie/QTVMovieView.asp?docid=2519282

:lol:

this is so hilarious...kind of awkward that the first scene was two guys instead of a girl and a guy, since they're trying to reenact that scene of CSH and KHJ...but it's good!

there's soooooo much speculations going on in this thread that i no longer know what the real truth is, not that anyone does anyway. i just hope that CSH isn't what people are speculating. but the thing about CSH and VICK being siblings...i had thought of that too. but no one will know but at the end.

wow everyone has really great speculations. I really enjoyed reading all of them.

The twin thing. whoa, that would be very unexpected for me but it somehow makes sense? And Vick as her brother? O.O

I have a question, In episode (?) when SH and HJ met again in her hotel room (before the car got blown up) didn't HJ tell her about his mission and that BK was after him or something? I swear he did. Yet, she still came back to NSS. (with a new haircut and totally calm looking? Although she could've just been hiding her feelings?)

Guest Lilazinprincess

wow everyone has really great speculations. I really enjoyed reading all of them.

The twin thing. whoa, that would be very unexpected for me but it somehow makes sense? And Vick as her brother? O.O

I have a question, In episode (?) when SH and HJ met again in her hotel room (before the car got blown up) didn't HJ tell her about his mission and that BK was after him or something? I swear he did. Yet, she still came back to NSS. (with a new haircut and totally calm looking? Although she could've just been hiding her feelings?)

Now isn't that funny? And what would explain her actions? That she is a part of IRIS but was forced to go back to fulfill her position as well as finish her mission. Perhaps her daddy or whomever thought she should stay out of the "limelight" a bit so she wouldn't go crazy and spill all of their secrets.

Remember that one scene where Seunghee ran into BS' office and said "KHJ is alive." Some of us (myself) were probably going "OMG girl you're going to kill him." but if we think about it that could go both ways. CSH telling BS and Sawoo so they could help her find him (more reasonable) or she is telling them so they could continue with IRIS' plans (hmm...).

What is it with BS and his confidence in that he can kill/eliminate HJ whenever he wants. Doesn't that sound odd to anyone? How is he so sure?

I am sure some of us may have underestimated and questioned KTH's role as Seunghee and how she is so simple and clean, well aren't we surprised now? I think the same will go for the character Vick. I don't think the directors/PDs were going for the star or crazy fan girls factor when they placed TOP in the main poster. I think IRIS has enough star power without him. Plus he doesn't have that much screen time and when he does show up, it either gets awkward or cold. So I think he has a significance. I don't think he is just a cold-hearted assassin but someone else with importance. (this part doesn't really need spoiler tags does it? *shrugs* oh well.)

Guest mikeychowster

I'm glad you also found that to be odd. That was in episode 5. It's a possible plot hole or CSH wasn't really paying attention.

Anyways, It's strange for KHJ to approach CSH because KHJ was under the impression that NSS had abandoned him. While KHJ explains his story, CSH was denying it and she didn't want to believe that NSS abandoned KHJ. CSH was also saying that JSW was suppose to rescue KHJ. Then she started talking about how the three will assist each other to escape Hungary (oddly, JSW was ditched when CSH and KHJ were going to get train tickets to leave Hungary). KHJ doesn't reveal the truth about JSW yet because KHJ still thinks of him as a friend at that time.

Here is something else that is odd.

csh.jpg

csh2.jpg

It appears that the issue was resolved very quickly on which side assassinated Yoon Sung Chul

However, the North Korean agents are still trying to capture KHJ. Once KHJ is captured, the NK agents would determine that he was from South Korea and a war would occur. Take a look at this

khj.jpg

khj2.jpg

This implies that someone who is from South Korean (narrowing to Baeksan, Sawoo, and Seunghee) will have to kill KHJ in order to prevent KHJ to be captured from the North Korean Agents.

Guest mikeychowster

Now isn't that funny? And what would explain her actions?

Remember that one scene where Seunghee ran into BS' office and said "KHJ is alive." Some of us (myself) were probably going "OMG girl you're going to kill him." but if we think about it that could go both ways. CSH telling BS and Sawoo so they could help her find him (more reasonable) or she is telling them so they could continue with IRIS' plans (hmm...).

What is it with BS and his confidence in that he can kill/eliminate HJ whenever he wants. Doesn't that sound odd to anyone? How is he so sure?

CSH told Baeksan and Sawoo about KHJ being alive indirectly affecting the plans with IRIS, in order to continue the plans involving KHJ, it would make sense to have alterations.

Baeksan's confidence sound like a bluff when he told Voice about killing KHJ anytime he wanted. Baeksan and his people have failed to kill KHJ when he wanted him dead. Why did Baeksan chose KHJ? Voice's answer doesn't seem to follow as to why Baeksan chose KHJ if Baeksan wanted KHJ to be dead since episode 4.

I find this part of the synopsis to be odd "T.O.P is an assassin who works in another secret organization located in the United States called "IRIS" and was ordered to kill Hyun Joon." I haven't seen TOP trying to kill KHJ with the exception in episode 8.

Guest badhairday8

I still find it weird that if she was indeed 'pretending' to not know about IRIS in BS's office, then why is she blowing BS's cover? Nobody in NSS, at that point, has ever heard of IRIS before. I also do remember BS and SW talking about the nuclear detonation device being stolen and that the terrorist were doing their jobs for them. I also recalled BS telling SW to delay finding the terrorist... this was all inside NSS and in BS's office (if I remember correctly).

You are onto something about stopping the bomb in Seoul... I forget that she is trying to save HJ.

All these speculations are so exciting. I can't wait to see what unfolds in the last two episodes.

I'm glad you also found that to be odd. That was in episode 5. It's a possible plot hole or CSH wasn't really paying attention.

Anyways, It's strange for KHJ to approach CSH because KHJ was under the impression that NSS had abandoned him. While KHJ explains his story, CSH was denying it and she didn't want to believe that NSS abandoned KHJ. CSH was also saying that JSW was suppose to rescue KHJ. Then she started talking about how the three will assist each other to escape Hungary (oddly, JSW was ditched when CSH and KHJ were going to get train tickets to leave Hungary). KHJ doesn't reveal the truth about JSW yet because KHJ still thinks of him as a friend at that time.

Here is something else that is odd.

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/1996/csh.jpg

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1218/csh2.jpg

It appears that the issue was resolved very quickly on which side assassinated Yoon Sung Chul

However, the North Korean agents are still trying to capture KHJ. Once KHJ is captured, the NK agents would determine that he was from South Korea and a war would occur. Take a look at this

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/6259/khj.jpg

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/6836/khj2.jpg

This implies that someone who is from South Korean (narrowing to Baeksan, Sawoo, and Seunghee) will have to kill KHJ in order to prevent KHJ to be captured from the North Korean Agents.

Okay, this is what confuses me. I thought the whole point of putting a bomb in Seoul was to start a war between the two Koreas... However, during the Hungary incident, why didn't IRIS and BS allow the NK to capture KHJ in the assassination of Yoon Sung Chul? This would have proved that a SK killed YSC and thus provoking a war. Why the need to kill off HJ to prevent a war if a war is what they wanted?

Guest Lilazinprincess

Okay, this is what confuses me. I thought the whole point of putting a bomb in Seoul was to start a war between the two Koreas... However, during the Hungary incident, why didn't IRIS and BS allow the NK to capture KHJ in the assassination of Yoon Sung Chul? This would have proved that a SK killed YSC and thus provoking a war. Why the need to kill off HJ to prevent a war if a war is what they wanted.

I still need to digest most of the recent posts. But the current answer that comes to mind for your question is "to fulfill BS' mission."

BS failed to kill the Doctor back in the day...to him that wasn't that important but he still had to do it.

It could also be BS' b.s (lol) reason to persuade Sawoo, who at that point probably was not completely involved in IRIS.

-----------------------------------------------

Also another well known definition that IRIS symbolizes: (1) wisdom (check), (2) valor/hero (check), (3)faith (eh..faith or one's faithfulness (?)...the USB cross anyone?), and (4), death (sure has been quite a few).

Oh, can someone explain to mewhat was the role of the man of who Vick shot and gave HJ the USB cross. I don't remember who he was or what his role was in the North (or was he even part of the North?). If he was, I wonder how he found the IRIS info. Could he have worked for the Doctor? Hmm... :unsure:

Guest lee_v1011

Ep 18, in building of Iris have a person arrested and locked under basement... Do u think that person is brother of CSH??

May be, huh? That's reason make her worry... right??

Guest mikeychowster

Okay, this is what confuses me. I thought the whole point of putting a bomb in Seoul was to start a war between the two Koreas... However, during the Hungary incident, why didn't IRIS and BS allow the NK to capture KHJ in the assassination of Yoon Sung Chul? This would have proved that a SK killed YSC and thus provoking a war. Why the need to kill off HJ to prevent a war if a war is what they wanted?

Actually there is a little more to it. Both situations would spark a war but the end result would be different. IRIS wanted both Koreas to unite as one through military warfare. The assassination of Yoon Sung Chul perhaps didn't deem fit for IRIS as a unification may not occur in that situation. The purpose of the assassination of Yoon Sung Chul was to appoint the new North Korean Chairman (forgot his name) who is in IRIS. The point of the nuke was to blow up that certain part of Seoul in proximity to USA embassy, Blue House and some other government building. This would destroy the South Korean Government. If the president is still alive, the women in the Blue House would have to kill the president as told by Baeksan. With South Korea without a president, the military may not be able to mobilize as quick to defend against the North Korean Army. The North will conquer South and then both Koreas will be unified with North in control. USA would be too slow to stop the North from invading because North Korean is already in position to attack.

Guest mikeychowster

Oh, can someone explain to mewhat was the role of the man of who Vick shot and gave HJ the USB cross. I don't remember who he was or what his role was in the North (or was he even part of the North?). If he was, I wonder how he found the IRIS info. Could he have worked for the Doctor? Hmm... :unsure:

Yes he did work with Voice, that guy's name is Hong Seung Ryong. His role in the North had something to do with a political party. HSR requested political asylum from South Korea to stir up some political disputes between the North and South. Coincidentally, HSR is also a nuclear scientist which sparked interest to the South Korean President at the time when he was interested in nuclear technology. The president accepted the political asylum request and have the NSS agents accompany HSR to South Korea. Unfortunately, HSR was killed by TOP (even though he could've tried to defend himself and grab one of those dead agents' gun because it would take time for TOP to walk all the way to the van). If you have thought about it further, Baeksan and TOP are both in IRIS, if TOP never appeared in that episode, it would make sense for Baeksan to find the USB from HSR. However in episode 12 when Baeksan talks to the North Korean Chairman, they both admit the issue of HSR wasn't handled properly.

How did HSR obtain the USB? Did HSR knew he had the USB? Those questions are unclear at the moment.

Archived