[drama 2008] Women In The Sun 태양의 여자

Guest kdramafanusa

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: The Korea Herald 2008-05-28

'Women in the Sun' heats up summer

With summer on the horizon, Wednesday and Thursday nights are heating up -- with three brand new dramas playing at the same time, viewers will have a hard time choosing what to watch.

Will viewers opt for the gritty news drama "Spotlight," the high-flying action-packed series "Iljimae" or for KBS' latest, "Women in the Sun"?

Set to start tonight, "Women in the Sun" promises to stir things up by catering to fans of the classic melodrama. As the title suggest, women take the lead, which differentiates itself from its competition by tackling a completely different genre: the soap opera.

Nothing like a juicy soap opera to bring a little excitement to the small screen, and with veteran film actress Kim Ji-su in the driver's seat, viewers can expect to get the full-blown treatment.

Co-star Jung Gyu-woon, 25, summed it up at a press conference last week when he said, "This drama is about the fateful meeting of two sisters. It is about revenge and love."

Returning to the TV screen after starring in a number of films, Kim Ji-su tackles the hefty role of Shin Do-young, a high profile announcer. Shin has it all, the career, the man and the looks, but she also harbors a deep, dark secret.

An adopted child and fearful of losing the sole affections of her parents, Shin abandoned her five-year old sister -- the biological daughter of Shin's parents -- at a train station when she was 13 years old. And now many years later, just when she thinks she has everything she wants, her past returns to haunt her in the form of her sister, played by "Le Grand Chef" actress Lee Ha-na.

"She didn't deliberately abandon her sister," Kim, 35, defends her character at the press conference. "She went back for her ... She is a very insecure woman."

Riddled with complexities, Shin promises to be a fascinating villainess. And if anyone can pull this role off, it is Kim, who has proved her acting prowess in dramatic films like "Romance" (2006).

The same can't be said for co-star Lee Ha-na. Actress Lee -- who starred as a slapdash reporter in the hit flick "Le Grand Chef" (2007) -- plans on showing audiences that she too can play a dark character.

"This child grew up hard, but is very optimistic," said Lee, 25, at the press conference.

But not for long, when Lee's character, Yoon, uncovers the truth, she goes all out for revenge. And Yoon wants everything, including her sister's man -- played by actor Han Jae-suk.

Who will win? Viewers will have to tune in tonight to watch Lee and Kim battle it out.

Actors Han Jae-suk, 34, star of SBS' "The Lobbyist" (2007), and Jung Gyu-woon, 25, who is also starring in MBC's "Bittersweet Life" (2008) play the sisters' love interests.

"Women in the Sun" airs tonight at 9:55 p.m. on KBS 2 TV.

By Jean Oh

(oh_jean@heraldm.com)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mandalaywith

Luv

Nice to meet here.!how are you.?

i will My house Tv by watch drama.

support to Rating.he he. :D

drama Sporlight is download to watch.

cannot wait Tonight.

Hi mandalaywith :)

This drama looks really promising...I'm excited about tomorrow too. Hope it's good.

Some more pictures from the press conference...taken on May 23...KBS.

wpc4jpgca2.jpg

wpc5jpgew7.jpg

wpc6fg5.jpg

wpc3hb1.jpg

wpc1hp7.jpg

Guest blissfully_unaware13x

whoa sounds really interesting. not my kind of drama but very interesting.

Guest mandalaywith

Luv: you is so fast update cap!Great job.I like story line. :lol:

After i will share E01 Hq file My CB in will update.

Hi mandalaywith...

Yeah...it's a good thing that the storyline is not too complicated...

luvsoompis00400201hz4.jpg

luvsoompis00400250ba2.jpg

LHN's character right now is similar to her old character Merry...but I'm sure that will change soon...

luvsoompis00800019kd0.jpg

luvsoompis00400279cm8.jpg

luvsoompis00400303zj9.jpg

luvsoompis00400372hk8.jpg

luvsoompis00500040cp1.jpg

luvsoompis00500059la4.jpg

luvsoompis00700071mc0.jpg

luvsoompis00700095ap9.jpg

luvsoompis00700159rw6.jpg

luvsoompis00700183ec8.jpg

luvsoompis00700210vw2.jpg

luvsoompis00700302nv2.jpg

Guest mandalaywith

hi :rolleyes:

Women In The Sun E01 HQ Ental file upload finshed in My clubbox.

Women In The Sun E01 HQ Ental file Download link

credit- http://clubbox.co.kr/mdy80

***You need join My clubbox**

If you join you can download file.^^

If you donot know how to use clubbox.click here

******My clubbox Using Guide(Please Read)******

http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/mandalaywith/article?mid=103

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...492&st=1425

Guest kdramafanusa

The beginning of episode 1 is very promising...

Some pictures from episode 1...

Luv, thank you so much for the wonderful caps as always. :wub::wub:

Welcome back. :)

withs2announcejv916d7e3lw1.png

Hi everyone! ^_^

WITH S2 is now recruiting translators to help with this drama, Women in the sun (WITS)

As summer is approaching closer, holiday is around the corner, we're interested to take on this project as our first summer project :)

and yes, we need translators to make this happen lol.. :D

SO, having said that... if you're interested in helping out in the subbing process, please PM me or mily2, or email us @ withs2team@gmail.com

Looking forward to welcome you in our BIG family~~ keke... :D

PS:

Luv dear, welcome back! Love those caps~~~

can't wait to go home to see it. mwahaha.

Archived