[drama 2008] Women In The Sun 태양의 여자

Guest kdramafanusa

Luv - Thanks for sharing the caps from eps. 1 and 2.

Just finished watching 2 eps. The story was interesting and it clearly told us why DoYoung abandoned the younger sister in the train station.

Felt pity for DoYoung coz after the younger sister was lost, the mom never liked her any more, no matter how good DoYoung was.

Saw the preview of Eps.3, it looks interesting.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Thank you Kristy for the song :wub:

I luv it... Park Ji Hoon's (VOS) voice is definitely a great one to listen to... I'm glad he sang the theme song for this drama ^^

OST will come out June 5.. along with La Dolce Vita OST too... yay~ something to look forward next week~

From the preview for next week:

luvsoompis00000200sq2.jpg

luvsoompis00000209rs1.jpg

luvsoompis00000213qa9.jpg

Looks like Sa Wol will be the first one to find out the truth. We can tell from her expression above, that she

recognizes her mom and Do Young.

So I guess she'll take revenge quietly at first since she'd find out the truth about Do Young hehe..

And her past with Joon Sae (HJS) is interesting too... ah the writer's so smert~ keke..

a history shared together between them is perfecto.

They shared a history, an unforgettable moment, and bam~! they'll meet again~.

:lol: Ahh sweet revenge~~

Only I think Sa Wol would really fall for Joon Sae...

Guest jahye

KBS Entertainment Relay 080524

42050945kf3.jpg

80682907fu0.jpg

download HQ

Isn't Kim Ji Soo such a good actress?? Lee Ha Na is good too, but she doesn't quite have the character depth down like Kim Ji Soo, which comes with much work experience. Lee Ha Na is still a relatively new actress and much younger than Kim Ji Soo, so she's already got a good start in developing a real, credible acting career unlike most other Korean actors who are popular for their pretty faces but have no substance in their acting.

The drama started out a lot better than I thought it would. It's still has your average, K-drama plot devices like sisters reuniting after long time separation and evil moms, but the execution of the story is really nice, especially with superb acting from both women, the central figures of the story. I'm intrigued even more because a rarity among K-dramas is to see both female leads be "evil" or conniving. Well, I can't be quite sure yet if that's the road this drama will take, but if it does, that would definitely be something worth watching. It would be cool to see Kim Ji Soo's character, the young girl who made a grave mistake, eventually fess up and do all that she can to atone for her past wrong vs Lee Ha Na's character, the once innocent girl who fell victim to her big sister's jealousy, grow up only to spiral downwards as she succumbs to evilness because she can't come to forgive her sister.

Kim Ji Soo's character reminds me of the movie Atonement, where a young girl commits a severe mistake that ends up changing another person's life upside down and she ends up spending the rest of her life trying to atone for what she did.

Guest Happy_Day

^ Nice connection to Atonement.

So is this drama going to turn around the villainess thing? At first, KimJiSoo is the evil one because she abandoned her sister out of jealousy. Then, LeeHana is going to seek revenge and turn into the evil one, interesting.

Guest cococrust

hi elaine...where did u get the tsks c-sub? i dont see it released in their forum.

EDIT:: ok i see that its released by SEEFY group.

Guest vkkkim

Thank you, Elaine.

Thank you, Cococrust. Guess you are going about the upload. :)

Just wanted to check this drama out. Hope its a good one to follow.

KBS Entertainment Relay 080524

Kim Ji Soo's character reminds me of the movie Atonement, where a young girl commits a severe mistake that ends up changing another person's life upside down and she ends up spending the rest of her life trying to atone for what she did.

Thank you jahye for the clip...

HJS's pants rise up when he sits...lol...and he doesn't wear socks...

KJS is very different from her character...she speaks so softly and seems shy.

Lee Ha-Na encouraged Jung Gyo-Woon to do that dance...haha...

Everyone seems to get along & looks happy...

luvsoompis00000031dy9.jpg

luvsoompis00000034ag1.jpg

luvsoompis00000003zl1.jpg

luvsoompis00000008oo3.jpg

luvsoompis00000026xf7.jpg

luvsoompis00000078zd8.jpg

luvsoompis00000068co4.jpg

luvsoompis00000098uz1.jpg

luvsoompis00000117do4.jpg

luvsoompis00000121bp3.jpg

luvsoompis00000143gu1.jpg

Wow...I didn't even think of Atonement...it's a great movie...I remember feeling really sad after watching it...

You're right...the character is very similar.

Even though DY is more guilty in a sense...but I can't hate her.

Her character is very complex...great actings help too.

I like the pace too...good story telling. So far so good.

Guest lucky_moon

Does anyone have the Shinwa version of ep 1 and 2? I can't seem to find it anywhere

There wasn't any SHINHWA version for Wed-Thu dramas ( Spotlight - Iljimae - Women in the Sun ) & even La Dolce Vita, I dunno the reason for not releaseing.. Hopefully they'll be back to release it soon cuz it's much better than Ental.. :wacko:

Guest cococrust

links to the tsks released of ep 1 and 2 will be posted on my blog.. also starting from dramas that debuts this past 2 weeks, MU links will be posted as well (credit and thankies to elainee).

^ Heh, nice collaborating with you, took us long enough though ^_^

So, I've finally gotten around to watching both episodes, and I really enjoyed the show so far. (I'm praying they don't go ruin it in the later episodes) For now, I'm kinda in love with Sawol prob cos I always favour the girl with the brighter attitude but in this case, prob also because her character's really really interesting and I hope LHN continues to let her character shine. Although Sawol is one of those typical radiant and sunshiney characters, she def. has another side to her, when she took her revenge on her ex-classmate who pushed the blame of stealing onto Sawol when they were younger. (I think I'm right.. Haha) The look on her face after carrying out her revenge is totally anticipation for what she's going to do to DoYoung.

Although I feel that DoYoung actually deserves more pity than Sawol, I just can't help but like Sawol's character more. Also, about her past with JoonSae is definitely intriguing. I wonder how they even met, considering she's in an orphanage during that period of time. The couplings seem to hint at Sawol w JoonSae and DoYoung with JungGyuWoon's character. (What's his name? I can't really make out from the chinese characters) But then again, if in terms of leading roles, it doesn't seem that way. One thing's for sure is that if Sawol really makes JoonSae fall for her and if JoonSae actually does, DoYoung's heart is going to be broken. Esp after what she said after her phone call w JoonSae.

Whoo, that was unexpectedly long ^_^

Can't wait for this week's episodes to come out, there's going to be drama for sure.

And to think I didn't even put this on my to watch list ^_^

Archived