[drama 2008] Women In The Sun 태양의 여자

Guest kdramafanusa

Thank you kdramafanusa for setting this thread as I am a big fan of Han Jae Suk and I think he is one of the under-rated actor in Korea. I have pretty much watched all of his work before and I am not sure whether I want to see him involved in another love triangle type of relationship. -_- Anyway, can someone please tell me: who are the 2 female leads? After watching k-dramas for 4 years, I don't think I've seen them before :blush: . Are they popular/top actresses in Korea? :huh: When will this drama be aired?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kdramafanusa

* Kim Ji Soo *

20080417215505.686.0.jpg

DOB: October 24, 1972

HEIGHT: 167cm

DEBUT: 1992

OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.kimjisoo.com/

DRAMAS

1992 Woman Cop 8080 여형사8080 (SBS)

1992 The Age Of Passion 열정시대 (SBS)

1993 Long Distance Ssong Ba River 머나먼 쏭바강 (SBS)

1994 General Hospital 종합병원 (MBC)

1994 "M" (MBC) <<< Rating reached 52.2%! >>>

1994 Last Lovers 마지막 연인 (MBC)

1995 Small Hero 작은 영웅들 (HBS)

1996 Motive 동기간 (MBC)

1997 Angel Inside Of Me 내안의 천사 (KBS)

1997 Mountain 산 (MBC)

1997 When You Call Me 그대 나를 부를 때 (KBS)

1998 Love 사랑 (MBC)

1998 See And See Again / Can't Take My Eyes Off You 보고 또 보고 (MBC) <<< Rating reached 57.3%! >>>

1999 Sweet Bride 달콤한 신부 (SBS)

2000 Bad Friends 나쁜 친구들 (MBC)

2000 Sun Is Full 태양은 가득히 (KBS)

2000 Foolish Prince 온달 왕자들 (MBC)

2001 Myth 신화 (SBS)

2002 Sun Hunt 햇빛 사냥 (KBS)

2002 Like The Flowing River 흐르는 강물처럼 (SBS)

2003 First Love 첫사랑 (SBS)

2004 The Age Of Heroes 영웅 시대 (MBC)

MOVIES

2004 This Charming Girl 여자, 정혜

2006 Romance 로망스

2006 Traces Of Love 가을로

2006 Solace 사랑할 때 이야기하는 것들

AWARDS (partial listing)

1997 - KBS Drama Awards - Best Actress

1998 - MBC Drama Awards - Grand Prize & Best Actress (See And See Again / Can't Take My Eyes Off You)

2002 - SBS Drama Awards - Best Actress

2005 - 26th Blue Dragon Film Festival - Best New Actress (This Charming Girl)

2005 - 4th Korean Film Awards - Best New Actress (This Charming Girl)

2005 - Pusan Film Critics Awards - Best New Actress (This Charming Girl)

2005 - Singapore International Film Festival - Best Actress (This Charming Girl)

[source: KJS Official HP & Korea Sparkling]

N2008041807332221701.jpg2008041711435258.jpg

[images= jknews/gonews/daum]

(editing)

Guest kdramafanusa

Anyway, can someone please tell me: who are the 2 female leads? After watching k-dramas for 4 years, I don't think I've seen them before :blush: . Are they popular/top actresses in Korea? :huh: When will this drama be aired?

Hi Ccbabe, this drama will be aired every Wednesday & Thursday at 9:55pm. It will premiere on May 28th.

Kim Ji-soo is a very famous actress, she's mostly in movies lately. Her last drama "Age Of Heros" was from 3-4 years ago.

Lee Ha-na is an up-and-coming actress, she played Son Ye-jin's sister in SBS drama "Alone In Love" (2006). She also appeared in drama "Me Ri, Dae Gu’s Attack & Defense Battle" and movie "Le Grand Chef" last year.

Thanks kdramafanusa for info about the 2 female leads. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any of their work before and it looks like "Woman of the Sun" will be the 1st one. Wow, KJS is an experienced actress debuting back in early 90s. I am curious that how can someone debuting in early 90s won "Best NEW actress" awards in 2005? :wacko: Is there something I mis-understood? :huh:

Oh, I got it now. -_- NEW actress for movies production.

Anyway, I'll support HJS and "Woman of the Sun" as well. ;)

i'm excited for this drama. although i don't have any clue who the main actresses are, the fact that han jae suk :wub: is casted in the drama makes me want to watch it. i hope i'll be able to follow this drama since i wasn't able to follow HJS's last drama.

Guest kdramafanusa

from KBS World "Women in the Sun" homepage

1209430030_42705.jpg

Genre : Drama

Cast : Han Jae-seok, Kim Ji-soo

Director : Bae-Kyung-soo

Writer : Kim In-young

Premiere in Korea : 2008.5.28

Premiere on KBS World : 2008.6

Number of Episodes : 20

Runtime : 70'

1217208063_tae%20yang.jpg

Guest kdramafanusa

드라마, 해외 로케이션 전쟁…비행기 탄 값 할까?

2008-05-01 09:29:54

200805010826351116_1.jpg

^ Lee Dong-gun, Song Seung-hun, Han Jae-suk, Lee Byung-hun

MyDaily 2008-05-01 09:29:54

[summary]

There'll be many blockbuster dramas in the 2nd half of 2008. These large-scale dramas will film at various overseas locations.

IRIS (script: A. Story, direct: Lee Hyung-min, production: Taewon Entertainment & Kang Je-kyu) plans to start shooting in the 2nd half of this year for broadcast in the 1st half of next year. The collaboration of "I'm Sorry I Love You" PD Lee Hyung-min and actor Lee Byung-hun is gathering attention. With a production cost of 20 billion Won, its scheduled overseas filming locations include Russia, Japan, US, China, etc.

Replacing "Yi San" this June on MBC is "When It's At Night" (script: Kim Eun-hee & Yoon Eun-Kyung, direct: Son Hyung-suk, production: Lee Kim Production). Lee Dong-gun and Kim Sun-ah will be shooting in Japan.

Airing this May is MBC drama "Bittersweet Life" (script: Jung Ha-yun, direct: Kim Jin-min, production: Sam Hwa Networks). Oh Yun-soo and Lee Dong-wook shot their scenes in Hokkaido, Japan.

"Women Of The Sun / Sisters In Love" (script: Kim In-young, direct: Bae Kyung-soo, production: ), replacing "Three Dads And One Mom" in late May, plans to film in Hong Kong.

"East Of Eden" (script: Na Yun-sook, direct: Kim Jin-man, production: Chorokbaem)'s planned overseas locations include Japan, China, Hong Kong, Macau and other major cities in Asia.

Historical drama "Kingdom Of The Wind" plans to have some filming done in China.

Thank for sharing the news.

The storyline looks a bit like one K-Drama [Glass Shoes].

Also about 2 sisters but are blood-related but was aparted when they were little....

So this drama will air after [3 dads & 1 mom].

I liked the casting of this drama, hope the story turns out to be interesting.

Guest mandalaywith

this is really exciting! Kim Ji-Soo is so graceful and talented.. welcome back to the small screen!

her drama roles are usually very profound..

Me too!I will Tv by watch this drama.

support to rating.casting stars like. :rolleyes:

Guest inez

Yes..it's like 'Glass Shoes' all over again..i love Han JaeSuk in that drama since he's the leading guy..he's always the second dude..can't wait for this!

Guest kdramafanusa

Jahye, thanks for sharing. I think these pics are from their poster shooting session.

Kim Ji-soo's hair is so short, I like them long...

*Wave* to everyone, a big HELLO. :)

I hope this drama will be good too. We have 16 more days to go....

Does anyone else find the idea of a child (if she's 33 and the thing happened 20 years ago, wouldn't she have been 12 or 13?) leaving her small sister at a train station awful? For someone to leave their sibling alone and pretend to know nothing, while living happily seems somewhat evil. At least to me. I don't know if I'll be able to root for her. And, I really hope the drama doesn't have the lead female character throwing pity parties for herself, just because she thought her parents loved her little sister more.

Actor Jung Gyo-woon 정겨운 joins the cast.

Starnews 2008-04-29 09:49

DOB: June 28, 1982

HEIGHT/WEIGH: 183cm / 75kg

TV DRAMAS: Robber (2008, SBS), Blissful Woman (2007, KBS), Dr. Gang (2006, MBC), Hello My Teacher (2005, SBS)

Official Site

he also currently appears in the MBC Weekend Drama La Dolce Vita but he had a shortlived role there

this drama and Spotlight have similar themes but I think this one would focus on a love story but still the cast and the drama looks promising as well

Guest inez

Yeah i like him in 'Blissful Woman'..good to see him in this drama too!..yes, this looks promising with interesting cast!

Guest cococrust

can we assume that from the pics that han jae suk will be paired with lee ha na in the end???

Guest bluelily

Does anyone else find the idea of a child (if she's 33 and the thing happened 20 years ago, wouldn't she have been 12 or 13?) leaving her small sister at a train station awful? For someone to leave their sibling alone and pretend to know nothing, while living happily seems somewhat evil. At least to me. I don't know if I'll be able to root for her. And, I really hope the drama doesn't have the lead female character throwing pity parties for herself, just because she thought her parents loved her little sister more.

You said everything I wanted to say, nikkibell84. These storyline has so much potential, I would love it if the writer took unexpected twist. Because, I hate to be right when I am plot guess. Look forward to the 1st episode.

Guest kdramafanusa

(thumbnails) Watch preview

(thumbnails)

credits; dcinside.

Jahye, thanks for sharing these with us. :wub:

The official English title is "Women In The Sun" as labeled in the pictures?

he also currently appears in the MBC Weekend Drama La Dolce Vita but he had a shortlived role there

this drama and Spotlight have similar themes but I think this one would focus on a love story but still the cast and the drama looks promising as well

Koalabear, thanks for the info. He seems to make many cameo appearances. :)

I think this drama will be quite different from Spotlight.

You said everything I wanted to say, nikkibell84. These storyline has so much potential, I would love it if the writer took unexpected twist. Because, I hate to be right when I am plot guess. Look forward to the 1st episode.

Bluelily & Nikkibell84, I see your points.

My understanding is that Kim Ji-soo's role is a female villain (like Kim Myung-min in White Tower). She is the lead actress so the story is probably written in a way that allows the viewers to understand why she did what she did...

can we assume that from the pics that han jae suk will be paired with lee ha na in the end???

If I remember what I read correctly, Jung Gyo-woon plays Lee Ha-na's first love. Han Jae-suk is loved by both women like in All About Eve. I'm under the impression that HJS will be paired with Kim Ji-soo. No? I hope that I am not confusing this drama with the other ones, read too many of them that I might get mixed up sometimes. Hehe.

Jahye, have you read the synopsis?

Archived