[drama 2008] You Are My Destiny 너는 내 운명

Guest Soy

Guest sweetheart0085

TRANSLATIONS FOR EPISODE 175

Translations [Credit to taoofnothing] EP 175 [Countdown: 4th final episode]

(SB’s Hosp. Room) YSK: SB, Are you awake? [sB: Mom?] MO: It’s me, Mom, Are you okay? [sB: What about MIL? Did it go well?] YSK: It went really well. You were the perfect match. [TP: Yeah, they said she needs to be here for about a month. How are you feeling?] SB: I’m glad. [DJ: You did well! I’m proud of you.]

(MJ’s Hosp. Room) HS: Mom, How are you feeling? [MJ: I’m a bit dizzy, but I’m okay.] YR: Mom, from now on, I’m going to listen to you and I’m even going back to school. [MJ: I have to get sick for you to abide by my wishes?] (MJ passes out) HS: Mom! Mom! Wake up! [YR: Mom! Mom!] HS: Hurry, go get the doctor! Nurse! Nurse!

(SB’s Hosp. Room – Corridor) YSK: You need to bundle up. It’s cold out and it’ll be very bad if you get sick. [TP: Man, the entire family is treating you like you’re some VIP. I should donate and then everyone will treat me like that too I suppose.] DJ: Stop that nonsense! [YSK: You took care of checking out right?] DJ: I took care of that earlier. Should we stop by your MIL’s and see how’s she’s doing before we leave? [YSK: She’s in recovery, so we can’t really see her anyway.] TP: KYR! [sB: SIL, where are you running to?] YR: To get the doctor. Mom passed out.

(MJ’s Hosp. Room) HS: Mom, please wake up. [DR: What happened?] NRS: Her blood pressure was dropping. [DR: Check her levels. (Nurse says) DR: We’ll get her levels back to normal, so don’t worry, we’ll take care of her.] SB: MIL! Are you awake? Can you see me? You frightened us. [HS: Mother!] YR: Are you conscious? [MJ: HS…] YR: Mom! You really scared us!

(Hosp. Corridor) DJ: Here they come. How is she? [sB: She seems to be doing ok.] YSK: I was worried sick. [CB: HS what happened to your mother? I heard she fell unconscious.] HS: Her blood pressure was low, and she just woke up. [DR: KCB, you’re here.] CB: What happened to my wife? [DR: We need to monitor her levels, but she’s over the worst of it. From here on she’ll be fine.] HS: When can she come home? [DR: In about 4 weeks.]

(MJ’s Hosp. Room) MJ: Why did I get sentimental when I saw her? [CB: Honey, the DR says you’re going to fine. So don’t worry.] MJ: So I am going to live? [CB: Of course!]

(YSK/DJ’s House) TY: Here, I think I got everything, but double check. [sY: Let me see…Yup I think you got everything. You did very well professor!] TY: Thank you, Mr. Professor’s wife! Do you need help with anything? [sY: Why don’t you cut the green onions?] (MO enters) MO: What smells so good? I smell sesame oil throughout the house. Are you two playing “House” in the kitchen? Can I help? [sY: No. Let me know if you have a taste for something… I’ll make it even though I’m not a very good cook.] MO: No, I’m full just watching the two of you so happy and full of life! [TY: Since I got the position, I need to thank you properly instead of saying thank you, so if you need/want anything, please say it and it’s yours.] MO: I don’t need anything. I heard you were the top candidate for that position. You earned it yourself. [sY: Really?] HS: MIL, SB is home! [MO: My SJ! You did well! Proud of you!] GM: SB! [YSK: To think she wasn’t scared and went through it! What a brave girl!] SY: You’re aura is illuminating like an angel! [sB: SIL, stop it…] GM: SB’s cold. Bring her inside. [DJ & SY: Let’s go in, go in.]

MO: are you hurting? How do you feel? [sB: I’m okay.] TP: She wasn’t in the hospital, she was on holiday. Look at her; she looks like she got a tan. [MO: are you sure you’re not hurting anywhere?] SB: Really I’m fine. From head to toenails, I’m fine. [DJ: The skinniest one in our family is the toughest!] GM: How is your MIL? [HS: She’s fine, it was perfect match, so she’s fine.] GM: That’s great news. Now we wait till she gets home. I just wish our “American” would get a donor too. [HS: If a star fell from the sky and granted me a wish, I’d give it to you MIL.] MO: YSK, my Son InLaw is a gentleman isn’t he? He said he’d offer me a star. Thank you Mr. K. I just want SB and HS to live happily. That’s my wish. [sY: Like me and TY?]

(YS’s Home) YS: Honey, guess who I am home with? [DG: I’m really busy right now, I’ll talk to you later.] YS: I brought BDG home for a few… hah! He never listens to his wife! You like being here don’t you? (BD nods) I like being with you too! I want you to stay with me for a long, long time. What about you? [bD: If I get sick, do I have to go back to the orphanage?] YS: No, if you get sick I’ll take good care of you here and I’ll hug you tight.

(DG’s Office: DG is getting upset about neglecting the poor and needy. Who helps them? Why do we keep taxing them? Secretary is saying that funds were cut by 50% so that’s the reason help is no longer available to the less fortunate.) DG: At times like this, I wish a big bag of money would fall from the sky.

DG: Hello? [YS: Guess who’s here with me? BDG say ‘Hello Mr.’] BD: Mr… [DG: Hey, who’s this? BDG is that you? You’re at my house now?] YS: I want to keep him… I want to adopt him. [DG: Honey, this is a big life change for us. We really have to think it through. It’s not because I don’t like the kid, it’s you and your wishy washy ways. You’re not sure form one minute to the next about anything.] YS: Do you think I’m taking this light hearted? I know this is serious! I should go to the Big House and ask them for help in persuading KDG. BIL and SIL adopted SB, so they know how I feel.

(YSK’s House) GM: I bet the “American’s” feelings were hurt when SB donated to her MIL and not her. [YSK: She hid her illness from all of us; do you think she was waiting for SB’s marrow?] (DG enters) DG: Mother! [GM: Who’s that? Oh, it’s DG.] YSK: Do you want something warm? It’s cold out. [GM: Sit here.] DG: No, no… [DJ: Hi DG.] DG: I came here to give you and SIL an award. My wife wants to adopt. [GM: What? Adopt? Why do you need to adopt? It’s not like you don’t have a kid. Fifty pushing sixty… why would you need to adopt?] YSK: You said the exact same thing when we were thinking of adopting SB. (To DG): Are you talking about the little tot? [DG: Yes, yes, fostering him made us fond of him. I’m not against adopting him, but I just need to make sure YS is not doing this by the seat of her pants. ](YS enters) YS: SIL, MIL! [YSK & GM: She’s here?!] YS to DG: You’re here? [DG: You’re here? BD’s here too! How are you?] YS: I came here to get MIL’s approval on adopting BD.

(GM’s room) GM: You made it bad for YSK and DJ when they were adopting SB and now you’re in the same position… I’m not sure if you’re up for it. [DG: I think you might be jumping the gun a bit here too. I want to adopt him too, but it’s not just about feeling. It’s about finances too.] YS: I really want to adopt him. After he left, I was empty and lonely and consistently worried about him. [YSK: You’ve already taken the role of his mother.] GM: Remember, a child born not from your womb, but your heart hurts you more. How can I object when you’ve already made up your mind and love the child? [YS: So you’re approving the adoption? I promise I’ll raise him well!] DJ: When your child cry you cry, when they laugh you laugh… now you’ll have twice the laughs as you have two kids. [YS: BD what are you doing?] MO: He’s showing some artistic talent. When you grow up, you can be a well known artist like me. Ok? [YS: Really he’s that good?] DG: Hey, hey, hey BD, you can’t color on those documents. My office is asking for donations to help the needy. [MO: You’re doing good work.] YS: We’ll go home first. We’ll see you later. [Everyone: Ok bye…]

(MJ’s Hosp. Room) MJ: How busy is my youngest sister that she returned to the states without seeing me? NRS, what are you doing? [NRS: What do you mean?] MJ: Did you bring the wrong blood type? I’m type A how could you mix me with type O? How can you make a mistake like this? [NRS: You don’t know? After transplants, you need the same blood type as the donor and your type changes as well.] MJ: Oh, ok. Sorry. But I thought my sister was type A as well. Are you sure the person who donated is type O? [NRS: Let me see… yes.] MJ: DR, there seems to be a problem. My sister is type A like me, and the NRS told me the donated type is O and not A. [CB: You don’t know your sister’s blood type?] MJ: My oldest brother is the only type O and the rest of us are all type A. [CB: Your sister would be upset if you told her that. You didn’t even know her blood type. She’s type O.] (Note: CB is lying when he says MJ’s sis is type O)

GM: Time lies when you’re old. It’s already a new year. [sY: It’s already been a month since SB’s donation.] YSK: I used to wonder what if SB got sick, or what if she decided not to donate? But in the end everything is fine and SB is healthy. [GM: We’re making homemade tofu… does anyone know if ‘American’ likes tofu?] SB: Mom. [YSK & DJ: You’re here!] HS: We went to the country to get this so all this is really fresh. [sB: We want to make MIL a healthy feast.] DJ: You guys are good kids. [HS: I’m the one who gains weight by eating all this great food! What are you doing?] YSK: We got fresh soybeans so we’re making fresh tofu. [TY: Come and get them while they’re hot! Fresh tofu!] SB: I’ve never seen fresh tofu being made before. What a treat! [TY to SY: Here say ahhh… oh, I mean GM, here you first.] GM: My eldest grandson thinking of his GM! [MO: SJ is here! You guys are having fun while I was napping. What’s this? Fresh tofu?] YSK: Yes. Hope you like it. [MO: Must be delicious! MIL, I will mill.] GM: No, no. [sB: I will do it.] HS: No I will do all the hard work. Give it to me. [GM: Sit and mill.] DJ: isn’t your MIL arriving home today? [YSK: You should take her some fresh tofu.] SB: Thanks mom.

(MJ’s House-kitchen) SB: What are you doing? You can’t taste the soup like that. That’s for MIL. [YR: Oh you’re right. I forgot. Sorry. Ma’am, please make us some new broth.] HS: Everything turned out just fine. Mom is doing well with no complications so we have a lot to be thankful for. [sB: That’s because I’m tough. My marrow will instantly heal my mom too. Oh no it’s time for MIL to come home! I better get.] HS: No stay. [sB: No, I’ll make her blood pressure go up again. I don’t want to upset her.] YR: Don’t worry if she says anything, I’ll stick up for you. Dad said for you to be here as well. They’re here! Mom! [HS: Mom!] SB: MIL, congratulations on your healthy arrival. [MJ: I only came from the hospital… what is all this?] YR: I took the liberty of getting some fashionable wigs… Since you’re home take off that ugly hat. I’ll wear one too so you’ll feel better. [HS: Mom you should rest before dinner. SB made lots of delicious dishes for you.]

(MJ’s room) MJ: I feel like I took a long trip and finally returned home even though I was only gone for a short time. Who knew I’d be back all better? [CB: Let’s take care of ourselves from now on so we never get sick ok?] (CB leaves) MJ remembers: (SB: I hope MIL likes this bed spread…) Hah! She calls this bedspread elegant? (Calls her sis) Oh sister, it’s me. I haven’t been able to get a hold of you… I just wanted to thank you for donating. I’m home now. [sis: Thank you? I’m sorry. I’m glad you understand, I didn’t know what to do.] MJ: What? [sis: Just take care of yourself ok?] MJ: Oh before you go, I didn’t know you were type O. [sis: No, I’m type A, like you.] MJ: Really? You’re positive you’re type A? [sis: Of course I would know my own blood type. I have to go now… take care of yourself. Bye.] MJ: If my sister is type A and the NRS told me I was changed to type O… if my sister didn’t donate then who did? Could it be…?

(Living room) CB: Where did YR go again? [HS: Mom.] MJ: Is your blood type O? Did you donate to me? [sB: MIL…] MJ: It was YOU?? You put your marrow into my bones? [CB: Calm down and listen to our side.] MJ: Did you say our side? Our side? I was left out again in your schemes… again.

HS: Mother we had no choice. [CB: That’s right. She donated. What’s the matter? She saved your life and why are you so mad? You should be thanking her. Not getting mad. So now you owe her.] MJ: Owe her? Why would I have to receive her marrow when I have a perfectly healthy sibling who was a perfect match? Why would I want to be a part of her (SB)? HS tell me the truth now. Didn’t your Aunt agree to donate? Why would you have her donate to me instead? [sB: Please calm down. You shouldn’t get your blood pressure up.] MJ: I told you I didn’t want her. You knew how much I disliked her and you decided to do whatever you want? How could you? All of you! [CB: You two go upstairs.]

(Bedroom) CB: Honey please no more. [MJ: No more? How could I have her blood running in my body?] CB: Why? What’s wrong with her blood? Her blood is what’s keeping you alive here today. Anyone else would be thanking the person who saved their life not scolding them. Your sister broke her word… you should be bowing down to her (SB). [MJ: What do you mean? My sister broke her word?] CB: Your sister didn’t come through. DIL had tough choices and sacrifices herself. [MJ: What choices? What do you mean? Tell me!] CB: I’ve said enough. [MJ: What don’t I know? I’ll ask the DR.]

(MO’s room) MO: LI, I decided not to get the transplant. I miss you too and our sons. Tell George and EL that I will finish here asap and come back home. I have to survive… (Dr.’s Office) MO: I feel like I’m getting weaker. I get cold sweats just sitting still. [DR: I don’t think the new medication is working.] MO: Then what do we do? I have to stay alive until I get the transplant. Help me DR, please! I have to survive until I get the transplant!

(Corridor) MJ: I have to know what’s going on. There’s another secret somewhere and I have to know. It’s my body and I need to know what’s going on! (sees MO and the doctor) [MO: DR! You have to save me!] DR: You need to get admitted right away. There is no medication that can help the stage that you’re in. I’m sorry. (DR’s Office) [MJ: What’s wrong with CMO? I need to know! From the beginning to end, NOW!] DR: It’s true, she has leukemia as well, but it’s in the advance stages. SB also matched MO. But instead of donating to her mother, she donated to you.

(HS/SB’s Room) SB: Where could she have gone? She and Dad argued and then she stormed out. [HS: Don’t worry about it. It’s the office. What? A demonstration?] (Lohas Office) CB: What? (Lohas is … not sure what’s happening.) [HS: Father, did you hear? The stockholders are blaming someone for the state of Lohas and want to regroup. They want to take control of the company firsthand and find new investors.] CB: What? Really? [HS: The one they want is to remove is you Father.] CB: What??

End

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, sorry for crushing your hope/wish. Yea i was expecting him to return too but, i guess they forgot. but he did send a letter to SUB, but they didn't tell us what the letter says...

Thanks sweetheart for telling me! I quite like this actor, but it's so bad that he always appeared very little in every drama he acted, such as By Land and Sky, and this drama. <_<

Thank u so much for all of your translations! U are really hardworking! :wub:

*** Wow, too long. I hope it keeps up the great storyline. Finally………. It has ended well. :mellow::lol:

"YOU ARE MY DESTINY” ENDED WITH 178 EPISODES

2pt9b3c.png

KBS1 Drama “You are My Destiny” starring Im Yoona of Girls’ Generation and Park Jaejung ended yesterday with 178 episodes garnering tv ratings over 40%. The series ended having different touches of emotion. However, many critics aroused, not only professional ones but also netizens saying good and negative comments about the drama’s last episode. Moreover, the viewers are happy on how the writers ended the complicated story of “You are My Destiny”. Hopefully, we will be seeing more of Yoona’s and Park Jaejung’s improved acting soon.

source: ihyagi

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*** Wow, such high ratings. I didn’t expect it to be 178 episodes. If I would watch this I’m sure I need a lot of free time to do this. This drama must be good to have this high rating. :mellow::lol:

“YOU ARE MY DESTINY” HITS RECORD OF 40% VIEWING RATE

th_posterphoto76587.jpg

Congratulations to the cast and staff for the drama "You Are My Destiny" for reaching 40% viewer rate.

The two main actors Park Jae-jeong and Yoona are new in acting yet, they have succeeded greatly through this 178 episode drama.

Yoona received the KBS Acting Award last year through this drama and has earned a lot of fans.

Park Jae-jeong and Yoona are definitely new to acting so they had a lot to learn and still do. Yet, this didn't stop the drama from succeeding and ending with a great happy ending.

source: hancinema!

^

There is a thread in soompi. I think the show is called The Road Home.

I'm sure they have links for the show.

Does anyone know where it's posted????? I cant download or open my windows media. I have problems with my windows. Tell me if you know where I can watch it online!!!

I just uploaded it to YouTube

Here's a KBS Interview I think hasn't been posted here yet:

KBS Energy530 Entertainment Weekly Yoona Interview

Guest iheartkdrama

YAMD 178: Final Episode (Please correct as needed)

SY and TY comes in and says she’s going to make noodles and asks if they can share noodles with them one more time. TY tells them that the kids want to set up a wedding ceremony for them since they were never able to have one (noodles are symbol of long life) SY says that’s ridiculous. DJ asks if HS’s mom is still at the temple.

See you at the next drama thread.

thanks for the translation, Uni33! :D When someone asks, "when do we get to eat noodles," it also means, when are you going to get married. Believe me, I am unmarried and 33. I get asked this question all the time from everyone!!! :angry:

hope to see you on the road home thread.

I think the producers rushed the ending due to netizens' complaints on the direction the plot was heading and to be able to hold on to the claim that the drama was a huge success. It's very odd to end the drama at 178 episode. Since they have already come such a long way, why not 180 if not for the reasons I mentioned.

I think the producers rushed the ending due to netizens' complaints on the direction the plot was heading and to be able to hold on to the claim that the drama was a huge success. It's very odd to end the drama at 178 episode. Since they have already come such a long way, why not 180 if not for the reasons I mentioned.

Well, if they ended it at 180 it would have ended in the middle of the week (Tuesday 1/13).

I think KBS wanted to start their new daily drama at the beginning of the next week (Monday 1/12).

If they didn't do that it would have meant that YAMD would have be extended through the week of 1/12...ending on Friday 1/16 with total episodes of 183 which still would have been an odd number and not a nice even number like 180 or 190.

Either way then ending I felt wasn't too terrible. Everything was happy...we can just leave it to our imagination that SB & HS and the entire family lived happily and no body suddenly forgot and started acting stupid and mean again.

Guest evie544

Hey! For all you disappointed YAMD Fans...Come on over to Boys Before Flowers! WAY!!!! better drama! I know exactly what you guys are going through since i wasted my time with this drama too! BIG DISAPPOINTMENT is an understatement! Anyways, there's a much better drama just waiting for you out there...Hana Yori Dango...Hana Yori Dango...it's calling! Are you gonna answer? ;)

Thank you everyone to post download link.

How can I watched YAMD from youtube?

Here are ahoxan's links list for the show, mata:

YAMD 178 [Final Episode]

YouTube: ------

VEOH HQ: -----

YAMD streaming for all episodes,

including E-Subbed episodes 001-119 from SoShi-Subs for viewing and HQ download,

including Chinese-Subbed episodes 001-current from TuDou.

SoShified 001-119: ---
[Official SoShi-Subs Streaming Site]

VEOH 001-119: -------
[E-Subbed SoShi-Subs version]

VEOH 120-138: -------
[E-Subbed KBS-World version]

VEOH 120-178: --------
[RAW]

YouTube 075-177: ----
[RAW with English translation transcripts]

MySoju 001-137: -----
[E-Subbed SoShi-Subs & KBS-World versions]

TuDou 001-167: ------
[Chinese-Subbed]

YouKu 001-177: ------
[RAW]

Hey! For all you disappointed YAMD Fans...Come on over to Boys Before Flowers! WAY!!!! better drama! I know exactly what you guys are going through since i wasted my time with this drama too! BIG DISAPPOINTMENT is an understatement! Anyways, there's a much better drama just waiting for you out there...Hana Yori Dango...Hana Yori Dango...it's calling! Are you gonna answer? ;)

Well, I enjoyed YAMD. It's actually one of my favorite dramas and has left quite a big impression on me. :) I really liked the family setting and it was so emotional. The last episodes and the ending were disappointing, but there were so many highlights that overshadow that.

Archived