[drama 2008] You Are My Destiny 너는 내 운명

Guest Soy

Guest Banana Peel

Wow, I can't believe it's over.

I'm going to miss this drama, even though it was all chaos .

The last episode was really sad, it actually made me tear up..

which is really really rare for me ..especially in dramas.

I feel like the last episode was way too 'rushed'

& MJ's 'all of the sudden kind words' was really weird for me to adjust to.

I wish the drama continued on a bit more to see HS & SB's child n_n

Anyways, thanks for the translations,

and other great information provided to anyone who contributed during this drama!

<3

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be a good looking kid no doubt, but it will also probably end up a masochist and mama's boy/girl. :lol:

Even though I'm still 20 episodes behind I'll probably finish watching the rest pretty soon. I think I might have to stick to shorter series from now on. :wacko:

Thanks to everyone for the translations, summaries, uploads ect. Here's a final little interview clip from yesterday I uploaded.

SBS News - YAMD Interview [Part 2/2]

Thanks for the SBS interview.

I hope soshisubs subs this.

It sounds like they were talking a little about the characters and what they think of them.

I think Hyun Joo and Yoona were making fun of Ji Hoon when he was breaking apart the fish for them...lolz...like he's only acting this way because he's in front of the camera or something (all I heard was Hyun Joo say camera and then Ji Hoon saying no, no, no)

Even though watching the show frustrated me to no end, I was kind of sad when it ended. We never really did get to see happy married couple HS and SB. And MJ was nice for only like...a couple of episodes. And is MJ okay with YR and TP together? I wish MiOk hadn't died ._.

Guest misscristinej0y

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE!!!!

Sad to see Miok die, why she died and MJ lived is beyond me. I'm really happy with the ending. It could have been a lot worse.

wahhhh....finally this drama is end already...i've been watching this drama since the 1st episode and i never skip any of the episodes...n before this i always wish this drama end quickly but now i feel really2 sad...no more HS/SB mushy2...i really like this couple...just imaging how their life after they got a children...must be super lovely....but i just afraid one thing, it is possible for their children having a cancer someday??? as both of grandmothers (hose mom and sb mom) have a cancer...hopefully not...

as this drama end, i still hope you guys can translate the previous episodes which is not being translate yet....really2 appreciate those works...i'll always visit this thread for the latest translations...thank you very much to all contributors....

p/s: now i will concentrate on SNSD come back...still can watch yoona...hehehehe

lol i dont noe why everyone is pissed off at this drama 0_0

i enjoy it super crazy not cause of storyline but because of the comedy parts

and also cause im Yoona is in it :)

but overall i really liked it !!!! no joke

so u guys probably are like ur weird but really this drama was actually pretty good

most of the actors were debut actors

i actually agree. i really liked this drama.

sure, it was frustrating and annoying at some parts of the drama, but every drama is like that.

and being debut actors, they did pretty good. :]

i liked ALMOST all the actors but some were too hard to like them.

but overall, i like this drama.

Guest sweetheart0085

TRANSLATIONS FOR EPISODE 169

Translations [Credit to 46527eu4] EP 169 [Countdown: 10th final episode]

SB: Madam, madam, wake up. Is anyone here? Please come, is anyone here? [Man: What's the matter?] SB: This person is unconscious. Please help me, hurry! Madam, wake up, open your eyes. Madam. [Man: Customer, customer... this won't do, I'll call for an ambulance.] SB: Madam, no, mom, please wake up, I beg you... I need to be calm now, let me call home first. My purse? Must have left it inside! Did you call 119? (Korea # for emergency) [Man: Yes, they are on their way] SB: Please look after this madam a little while. [Man: Customer, please, are you awake?] MO: Where am I? I must have collapsed. Where is SJ? [Man: Are you alright, I've already called 119.] MO:119? No, SJ will find out if I stay here. [Man: Are you ok?] MO: No problem, I'm ok... (Outside) Taxi... Please, Seoul Hospital. [sB: What happened? Where is everyone? Where is that madam? What happened?] Man: After you were gone, the madam woke up and left.[sB: What? Where to?] Man: I don't know. (SB calls, MO's phone is with her) [sB: What's going on? What happened to Madam?]

YSK: Tell us in details, inlaw madam has Leukemia, what does it mean? [GM: How serious is her sickness?] TP: I don't know either, it seems really serious though. [sY: It's so uncanny, how can a strong person like her have leukemia?] DJ: What about SB? Does she know? (SB enters)

SB: Mom, did CMO madam come back? [YSK: No, I thought she is with you. Did you show up for the date?] SB: No, we did met. [DJ: SB, is it true that inlaw madam has leukemia?] SB: What? Yes, how do you know? [YSK: We've heard it from TP. Why didn't you tell us?] SB: Sorry, I haven't gotten a chance. MIL had just found out herself. [TY: What about treatments then? Chemo therapy? Or does she need bone-marrow transplant?] SB: First start with Chemo-therapy. Because it is acute, eventually, bone-marrow transplant is necessary. We are in the process to search for a bone-marrow donor. [GM: Goodness, what is she going to do? She's still young.] DJ: Director must be very worried; HS too.

(Phone rings) YSK answers: Yes, SB is home. CMO, where are you now? Oh, I see. Yea, yes, I know. (hangs up phone) CMO collapsed. [sB: What did she say? Where is she now?] YSK: She said she's really anemic, often faints. Also, she will be away for few days to take care of some urgent matters. Ask me to tell you she apologizes for leaving early. [sB: This madam is ridiculous. Whether in the theatre or in the restaurant, she made decision and called all the shots. I was so scared when she fainted, now she said she has urgent matters to take care. Why is it that everything is done according to her own will.] DJ: SB, she is your mother whether you like her or you hate her, why are you talking in that manner and tone? [sB: Mom, I beg you, from now on don't make any more circumstances like this, I don't want to see her alone nor have anything to say to her.] (SB leaves.)

MJ to self: In order to win this battle, they say 50% chance I could die. Then, I have 50% chance to live. [CB: I've just talked with Dr. Kim. Today, start with chemo-therapy treatment.] MJ: Yes. [CB: Also to move into a bacteria free room.] Nurse: Patient, we're moving you to 7th floor "Infection and resistant bacteria room", once chemo-therapy treatment is started, you will gradually lose your hair. We'll first shave your head. [MJ: Completely shave off?] Nurse: Yes, I'll call in a hair dresser for you. [MJ: No, I'll do it, I'll shave myself.] CB: How can you shave yourself? Don't be like this, let the hair dresser do it for you. [MJ: I don't want to be seen. I don't want anyone to see me in this condition.]

(Moves MJ to a "bacteria free" room) CB: You be strong for the Chemo therapy treatment. We won't give up, ok. Fighting. [MJ: Of course, who am I! When we started to build Lohas, do you remember what you said, "MJ is a strong woman, even if she's dumped in a dry desert with no life force around her, she is capable to stand tall and over come." Give up? Don't be ridiculous! Me? Absolutely will not fall down like this. To make someone happy?] Nurse: visiting time is over [MJ: Honey.] CB: Yes, what is it? [MJ: I'm ..... shaking... I'm scared.] CB: Sorry, have to leave you alone here, I'll be back tomorrow.

GM: Wow, look at these fresh abalones, so pretty, these are the best quality. [hr: Yes, most of the orders this week requested for abalones.] YSK: Is steaming ok? [hr: Yes, but, how is the condition of your daughter's MIL?] YH: Heard she has acute leukemia. Isn't the fastest cure is to have bone-marrow transplant? [YSK: Yes, that's why I'm going to have my blood check. Maybe there is a chance.] HR: Can we be donors at our age? Heard bone-marrow is very painful? [YH: No, not so, I've seen on TV, in order to check for donor match, it only takes a small blood sample, very simple and not much pain. Since we're on the subject, I'll have a check too!] YSK: You? [YH: Yes, it's wonderful if it's a match. If not, I'll donate to someone else. Who knows, maybe someone out there is looking for a match like mine.] HR: Really, then I should go too. [sY: Sorry, I'm pregnant, can't join you. I'll put these abalones in the fridge first.] HR: Yes, go ahead. [sY: So many abalones here, if I take a few of them, no one would find out. I'll let TY eat them.]

SY: Wow, look at these steam-abalones, so nice... No, no baby, hold it and wait. Let dad eat first, give him an extra boost of energy so he can perform well in his interview. So you wait, your dad is a capable professor. [TP: Huh, the source of such nice smell comes from...? Woo, steam-abalones! Wow! (Flashes YR: I've been holding back and controlling my tears, jerk, why do you make me cry? Mom, mom.) TP to self: YR probably doesn't eat well lately, she's lost weight. Should I let her eat these? (Puts abalones in plastic container) When you have a big family, the first to eat is the winner here.

Male TL: Lohas stocks drop drastically again. [Female tm: Don't get excited, our employee stocks are very little anyway.] Male tm: No, not that, it means Lohas may crash ultimately. (Staffs worry for Lohas and SB and HS are not in the office) [(SUB calls SB) SUB: SB, it's me. I worry that you've taken a leave of absence, is everything ok?] SB: No, actually, something bad has happened. [sUB: What happened?] SB: Mom is in the hospital, has leukemia. [sUB: Leukemia? Is it true? Goodness; how is it possible?] Staffs: Who? What? [sB: I'll wait until mom is well before returning back to work, sister, I've gotten things to do, hang up first, I'll call you next time. Thank you for worrying about me!] SUB: Yes [staffs: Who? Who has leukemia? [sUB: Madam. SB is caring for her now.] Female tm: Goodness, so I say money is not everything. Health is the most important thing. [Male TL: If you have money, medical bill is the least of your worry. If you don't have money, it would be more agonizing to struggle with paying for this kind of disease.] Male tm: yes, let's go for blood tests] (So, everyone participates in the blood testing.)

MJ: What? I know. Even though I'm in the hospital, do the analysis and report to me daily on the company stock's condition, you understand! (Flashes back what MO told her: You left me no choice but to sell all my Lohas stocks to the 2nd largest shareholder. As for you, would no longer is the largest shareholder of Lohas. Right now, Lohas is having a very difficult time; the director will be taken down and would not have the power to run the company.) Fine, let's see who will win. You think you can ignore my existence when I lying in here. You are dead wrong! I'm not dead yet. [CB: Honey, long time no see, you look prettier from yesterday.] MJ: Do you know that CMO meets with the small individual shareholders? [CB: Why do you bother with things like this? You need to take care of yourself and have a speedy recovery.] MJ: CMO has told me before that she would leave all her shares to SB. She wants me to accept SB as DIL and let HS and SB move out and live on their own. If I don't comply, she would gang up with the rest of the shareholders and drag you out of your position. [CB: She said that to you?] MJ: Lately, that woman's doing something; her action is out of the ordinary. You, be alert and pay attention, be careful of that woman. [CB: Yes, I Know. I'll take care of it accordingly.] Dr: Mrs. Kang, this is the anti-nausea medication. It helps to reduce the severity of nausea after chemo treatment but not completely eliminate it.

DR to MO: Even though you have a chronic lymphocytic leukemia, medication is not the best to maintain your condition. So far the best is still the allegoric steam cell transplant, in Korean we haven't found a bone-marrow donor match for you. [MO: I know. Excuse me. (Phone rings) Yes, Ray, nothing's important, I continue to take my medication, I miss my sons George and Jerry; tell them Mom misses them. By the way, have you heard from the American Bone-Marrow Donor Registry? Yea, I know, we'll talk again. (Hangs up phone) Yes, no matter what, I have to fight it through and live. Before I see my daughter is happy, I need to keep on fighting, I must live.]

YSK: Hold it; if the leukemia patient receives chemotherapy treatment, then getting nutritional supplemental food to build up one's general health is vitally important. What should I prepare for the inlaw madam? [GM: YSK, are you talking to yourself?] YSK: Eating is the biggest problem when one is lying in the hospital bed. I would like to cook something for her, and also use this opportunity to take care of the two pregnant women too. [GM: Two pregnant women?] YSK: SY and YS, morning sickness is probably the worst for high risk pregnant woman. I've been busy lately, didn't do anything for YS. [GM: Well, that! YS had a miscarriage. It's been a while already, lost, no more.] YSK: Really, when? Didn't hear you say anything though? [GM: It's not anything good to talk about. If you visit her, it would only sadden her more. She would think about her miscarriage and losing her baby. I'm done here; I'm going to pay YS a visit.]

HR: The abalones are already used up, how did we go thru them so fast? Inlaw, please don't misunderstand what I'm going to say. Without me rising my concern, you are a very diligent and detail minded person, I hope that you can use the ingredients sparingly, avoiding waste. I was hoping the abalones could last until tomorrow, but they are all used up. [YSK: What?] HR: It's good to present a full load of food to the customers, but, we need to make money too. You are a generous kind person, don't really understand accounting. Anyway, thank you for your consideration. [YSK: Is she blaming me for over spending her ingredients? I treat this place like my own home, I'm a frugal cook. What is she trying to tell me?]

TY: What? What did you save for me? [sY: Shhhh... It's steam abalones. You haven't been eating well because of nausea. Here, (takes the pot to the table for TY) present a fantastic public lecture next time.] TY: SY, thank you. (SY opens the lid, empty, no abalone) [sY: What is this? Where did they go? I clearly took 10 abalones from the shop and cooked them. Where have they gone?] YSK: You took abalones from the shop? My goodness, that is why the newly arrived abalones... is you. [sY: No, mom, lately TY is feeling sick to his stomach, hasn't eaten much.] YSK: Then say so before you take them. That's the least you can do, inlaw mom is blaming me for wasting her food. Oh! my, you finished them all so quick. [TY: No, mom, not that. We were supposed to eat them, but...] YSK: Enough, don't say anymore, after you ate them if I continue to scold you, it just shows that I'm a stingy MIL. Next time, tell me first if you want to eat. Don't steal them without saying. [TY: What is going on here? Where could all those abalones go?] SY: That's right! What is it? I took 10 abalones, who ate them?

YR: Why are you here? [TP: Huh, please call SB for me.] YR: I've told you, because of my mom, SB does not come to the hospital. [TP: Huh,,, That's right, you said that before. Well then, I brought this for SB, alright, I'll give them to you before it gets cold.] YR: Forget it, why should I eat other people's food? [TP: Hey, come on, don't be like that. This is very delicious. If two people eat this one may die, you know. [YR: Don't say death lightly.] TP: Ok, alright, eat this first. [YR: My mom likes steam abalones too. Mom receives chemotherapy now and throws up every time she eats. I'm not a good daughter if I eat this good food myself.] TP: Must you act this way? I worried for you that's why I brought this from home. Here, eat! [YR: What, you worry about me? Why?] TP: What why? We almost got married. [YR: Oppa, what am I going to do? I've been having nightmares, can't sleep at night. If mom is not here, what am I going to do? Seems like there is no one in this world any more.]

(YS's room) YS: Our BD is very quiet; you don't run around making noises. What's this stain on the shirt? What? Lipstick? (flashes when DG said: Lately you've been way out of line, treat me like a old man loner and hold that kid to sleep. I'm very unhappy, if you persist, I'm going to...) He... don't tell me... lonely... not satisfy... so he has an extramarital affair? Look, this is weekend, ought to finish work early, he's not home yet.

DG: I'm back. [YS: You are late today.] DG: I stop by some place on my way home. [YS: Where?] DG: Do you understand what I say? [YS: Coming back from outside, wash your hand before touching my child. [DG: Yea, BD, what did you do with auntie today? (BD hands him his drawing) Ohh, you've been drawing today. [YS: Did you hear what I say? Ask you to wash your hand when you come back.] DG: Nag, nag, ok, ok. So picky. [YS: What did you just say? I'm picky? You come and follow me.]

(In their bedroom)

YS: You tell me the truth, when we were talking about divorce, you turned around and show affections toward me, was that a tactic or some kind of lip service strategy? Maybe I was pregnant, so that was the reason you treated me well, now you don't need me anymore? [DG: No, what are you talking about?] YS: If not, then what? You have other woman? What is this? (show him his shirt) Where did this lipstick stain come from?] DG: What? Where did this stain come from? [YS: Look, you're blushing! Don't forget your affair five years ago!] DG: Hey, YS, this is your lipstick, maybe BD did it. (DG reminds YS, BD is only their foster child, and will be returned to the orphanage once adopted parents are found. BD hears their conversation and disappears)

TY: Is that it? [Lab tech: Yes, we'll do the stem cell or cord blood cells to see it is a match.] DJ: Do people at my age still able to donate bone marrow? [Lab tech: Of course, as long as you're healthy, age has nothing to do with it. The most current case is a 70 years old sister donates to 60 years old sister.] DJ: I see. [YSK: YH, thank you very much. Very grateful to you because this really doesn't relate to you. Yet you are so helpful] YH: No, this is very meaningful, I'm very glad to do this before the yearend. [CB: Thank you so much, your family takes this matter as your own business to help my wife. I'm really grateful.] YSK: Heard that during chemotherapy, it is hard on the patient. I would like to help to make her some nutritional food after the treatment. (See CMO walks thru the other side of the corridor) Please excuse me. (she follows) I'm sure I've seen MO, what is she doing here? She wears a patient's gown.

Nurse: We found a match for Mrs. Kang MJ. [DR: Who can it be?] HS: Yes, Dr. Kim, found a bone marrow match for my mom? Who is that person?] (SB packing what to take to the hospital) SB: Underwear, tooth brush, tooth paste, nail clipper, wheat tea, electric thermometer. I think everything is here. (Flashes back with MO, SB: Madam, wake up, open your eyes, madam) Why do I feel so uncomfortable? Is she home yet? (Phone rings) Yes, HS, I'm just getting everything ready to take some daily items to mom's bacteria free room. Coming home? What? What did you say? My bone marrow matches Mom’s?

End

p.s. I wrote so much after watching the last episode on KBS Able this morning but soompi did a maintenance and all that i wrote was gone. *sigh*

I don't feel like writing it all over again except that...

I was very disappointed with this drama and the "One Month later", then "One Year Later" thing.

Plus when they did the "One Year Later", they forgot to bring NKW back from africa as he was gone for one year and said he will be back after "One year"... lame!!!

Anyway, I will miss you all very much and i really enjoyed writing and chatting with all of you. Thank you.

Also, i will keep posting the translations here until they are done, we have six more to go.

I'm heading over to "The Road Home" thread and those watching that too, see you soon.

For the rest, Have a wonderful year and God Bless You All^.~

TRANSLATIONS FOR EPISODE 169

Translations [Credit to 46527eu4] EP 169 [Countdown: 10th final episode]

they forgot to bring NKW back from africa as he was gone for one year and said he will be back after "One year"... lame!!!

After hearing this news, i am totally lost my interest in continueing to watch this drama athough i have finished Ep.138. :tongue2: Doctor NKW is one of the reasons makes me to watch it. I watch with hope for happy ending of NKW and SUB. Now i don't want to watch any more. It's too boring to look at the lead actor and actress. <_<

Looks like TP is ended with Yuri according to this pic. Is it true?

Yup. In one of the last few episodes, TP and YR decided they'd wait a year [since with the current chaos at that time] til they confront their parents about their relationship. On the last episode, they decided to do so--like they had promised. (: So yeah. I can see them get together in the future.

And I agree with alicejaanga. MJ's sudden kindness was a bit awkward for me..

Like the time when she ran home when she found out Saebyuk was "hurt". Maybe it's...how she's at fault (kinda)?

When MJ gave SB the ring, that was kinda sweet. But most definetly rushed.

Guest sweetheart0085

After hearing this news, i am totally lost my interest in continueing to watch this drama athough i have finished Ep.138. :tongue2: Doctor NKW is one of the reasons makes me to watch it. I watch with hope for happy ending of NKW and SUB. Now i don't want to watch any more. It's too boring to look at the lead actor and actress. <_<

Oh, sorry for crushing your hope/wish. Yea i was expecting him to return too but, i guess they forgot. but he did send a letter to SUB, but they didn't tell us what the letter says...

I just realized YAMD started in May... Wow. This is the first daily drama I've seen entirely, and I gotta say that I'm so attached to the characters. I don't want to let go. :( lol Now I'm looking at variety shows and interviews featuring the cast. ;_;

Could you guys post some things you find? lol :x

And oh yeah,

Jung Ae Ri (Oh Young Sook) is an amazing actress.

Guest zaizai00

I just wanted to thank all the people such as skyler, ahoxan, jbigdog and many others that have stuck with this drama since the beginning. Even though some of us gave up towards the end, I just wanted to thanks those who provided the summaries and translations for those of us who were eager to watch every minute of yamd, and to iloveyamd and ahoxan for providing the uploadings on youtube and taking the risk of supsension. Finally, I wanted to thank soshisubs for providing the official hardsubs for this drama, and even though soshisubs is a little behind, they deserve a lot of credit for sticking for this 178 episode drama! Hope to see you guys in the next KBS drama!

Now I'm looking at variety shows and interviews featuring the cast.

Could you guys post some things you find? lol :x

Here are some that were posted recently Jaeho

Don't know if you seen these or not.

SBS Interview with Hyun Joo, Yoona, and Ji Hoon (No subs)---9anyward's channel also has the second KBS Free Time Report and some other things...all no subs.

KBS Morning News YAMD Last Scene Filming (No subs)

YAMD Cast Guest on Sang Sang Plus (Subtitled)

You can always check out soshisubs's channel on Youtube which is soshisubs2. They have some news reports and of course are all subtitled.

Oh, and the first page of this thread has the first KBS Free Time Report with subtitles.

Guest jethrel

Here are some that were posted recently Jaeho

Don't know if you seen these or not.

SBS Interview with Hyun Joo, Yoona, and Ji Hoon (No subs)---9anyward's channel also has the second KBS Free Time Report and some other things...all no subs.

KBS Morning News YAMD Last Scene Filming (No subs)

YAMD Cast Guest on Sang Sang Plus (Subtitled)

You can always check out soshisubs's channel on Youtube which is soshisubs2. They have some new reports and of course are all subtitled.

Oh, and the first page of this thread has the first KBS Free Time Report with subtitles.

oh! oh! oh! i actually missed the link for the sang sang, thanks RiceGirl1212!!

it's worth watching Sang Sang ... I had a fun and good time laughing ...

Guest nugraha

Yup. In one of the last few episodes, TP and YR decided they'd wait a year [since with the current chaos at that time] til they confront their parents about their relationship. On the last episode, they decided to do so--like they had promised. (: So yeah. I can see them get together in the future.

And I agree with alicejaanga. MJ's sudden kindness was a bit awkward for me..

Like the time when she ran home when she found out Saebyuk was "hurt". Maybe it's...how she's at fault (kinda)?

When MJ gave SB the ring, that was kinda sweet. But most definetly rushed.

Oh I see... Thanks Star. KBS really like that kind of relationship when 2 sibbling are getting married to another 2 sibbling.

Guest winghlau

I did enjoyed this drama but stopped watching it after HS & SB got married and MJ became super mean. I was not happy too that mean Soobin got a nice man (NKW) after being so nasty to SB and various other issues that others have mentioned in this thread.

Now it is finally over, I would like to add my thanks to the numerous kind-hearted souls who provided the translations, summaries and links to this drama.

THANK YOU!!!

Will go and check on the new drama.

Guest sweetheart0085

TRANSLATIONS FOR EPISODE 170

Translations [Credit to 46527eu4] EP 170 [Countdown: 9th final episode]

SB: What? What did you say? My bone-marrow matches Mom's! Is this true? HS, Really? [YR: What is it that makes you so happy?] SB: Yes, I'll go to the hospital right away. (hangs up phone) SIL, my bone marrow matches mom's. [YR: What? This is for real.] SB: Yes, Mom is going to be alright. [YR: Ohh, wonderful! Anything is possible in this world. How is it possible your bone-marrow matches moms? SB, thank you, really thank you. I'll be forever grateful to you.] SB: What grateful? We're family, SIL, let's go to the hospital now [YR: Yes.]

CB: Honey! Are you ok? Everything will work out; there is a bone marrow match for you. [MJ: Really? Then I can live? Who is that person?] CB: Dr. Kim said DIL and your bone-marrow are a match. Wait for a little while, you'll be well after the transplant. [MJ: You said what? Whose bone marrow is a match?] CB: SB, our DIL matches yours.

YR: Oppa! [HS: SB, you heard from your SIL, right?] YR: Hmm, this is really fortunate! Where's dad? [DR: He'll be back soon, he's in the "bacteria free" room now. Just as you've already known, Mrs. Kang and KSB's bone-marrow test results show a match. This is indeed a surprise to us. We didn't expect this. In Korea finding a donor match is one to fifty thousand % chance.] YR: Wow, the odd is so small. [sB: Dr. when can we do the transplant surgery?] DR: Anytime after Mrs. Kang agrees. We can start to arrange a schedule for surgery. [YR: This is wonderful! My mom can go home soon. (CB enters) YR: Dad, did you tell mom?] CB: Yes, just did. Thank you DIL, really thank you. (In MJ's room) MJ to self: Ridiculous! This cannot happen. Why must SB be the bone marrow donor? This must be a mistake. How can her bone marrow match mine? Why her? If I refuse the transplant, (Sigh) close my eyes, pretend not to know it's her and receive it. No, no, how can I receive her bone marrow transplant, I just can't, no, over my dead body.

GM: You're back. [TY: Yes.] GM: Come in, the tests are all done. How is inlaw madam doing? [YSK: She's in a "bacteria free" room. We didn't see her, we come back after the test. [TY: Dad, should we take this opportunity to have mom and GM do a complete physical checkup?] DJ: What about it mom? [GM: Forget it, at my old age there must be something wrong here and there anyway, don't want to know, don't want to disturb my peace, forget it, don't waste your money. Come, come in.] (Flashes seeing MO in the hospital) YSK to self: It's her alright, CMO.(flashes all those drugs in MO's room, YSK enters MO's room and discovers the calendar dates circled "Hospital") (In the drug store) YSK: I'm sorry, can you check to see what is this drug for? [Pharmacist: Yes, this is for chronic lymphocytic leukemia patients.] YSK: What? Chronic lymphocytic leukemia? Are you sure? Please double check again. [Pharmacist: Yes, I'm sure of it.] YSK: What is this? So, when she said she has some urgent matters to take care, it means she needs treatment in the hospital. My goodness, how can this be?

TP: Dad, let me help you. Where did mom go? [DJ: Yea, maybe to the market? I didn't see her earlier] (SB and HS enter) HS: Dad, we are here.[DJ: Yes, welcome, what is it that makes you come at this hour?] SB: We have something to tell you. [DJ: Really, your bone marrow matches inlaw madam's?]SB: Yes, dad. [TY: Heard that finding a match is extremely difficult and rare, wow, this is really a miracle!] GM: Then, does it mean SB's bone marrow is taken from her body and put into inlaw madam's body? [HS: Yes, GM, that's right!] GM: Huh, if this is the only way to save inlaw madam, of course it must be done. But how can SB's frail body frame tolerate something like this? She hasn't had her baby yet? What happens if something's gone wrong? [sY:GM, this procedure will not harm the body, don't worry.] TP: Are you going to be alright? [sB: Of course, no problem, in fact, this is for mom and not for anyone else. [DJ: Yes, that's the right thing to do, to save a life. HS, you stay by SB and take care of her.] HS: Yes, dad, don't worry, I'll take good care of SB. [sB: But, where did mom go?]

(In the hospital corridor) YSK: I'm looking for a patient CMO, what is her room number? [Nurse: Patient CMO, she's in room #807. (Shocks YSK) Are you alright?] (In MO's room) MO: Long term stay in the hospital? [DR: Yes, the symptoms indicate your condition is changing, you need to stay in the hospital to get proper treatments before turn for the worst.] MO: No, I know. I'll decide after talking to my husband in the States. Please prepare to discharge me tomorrow. (Doctor leaves, YSK enters.)

(In the hospital, YSK enters MO's room) YSK: Is this..? [MO: Nurse, I've talked with the doctor, please prepare me to discharge tomorrow. Uh.. Unni, How do you...?] YSK: My goodness... what's the matter? This is..? [MO: How did you know I'm in the hospital?] YSK: Is this the question to ask now? How could you not tell us when you're so sick? When? When did you get sick? When SB said you collapsed in the theatre, is your sickness very serious? [MO: Unni, unni, I beg you, don't tell SJ or anyone in the family that I'm in the hospital.] YSK: CMO. [MO: Coming back from US to look for SJ is not a simple trip. Once I was diagnosis with the illness; soul searching thru many nights; I've decided to spend the rest of my remaining days to look for my abandoned daughter, making sure she's happy and have a wonderful life. If she'd found out that I'm sick, it would make me look like the worst mother. Do you know what I mean?]YSK: No, this is something SB should know about. [MO: I'm pleading, unni] YSK: CMO. [MO: I'll get well. This is not the deadly form of Leukemia. I'll be discharged tomorrow. Unni, you didn't see me in the hospital. Alright, you understand! Don't let our SJ cry, I only want our SJ happy, unni, please this is my wish and desire, I'm pleading, please, unni.]

(YSK's home) YSK to self: This is devastated news. Ohh... this .. is (Sigh) [DJ: You... didn't say a word and left. Where have you been? Didn't even answer your cell phone? Hold it, I've gotten good news. SB and HS just dropped by, In-law’s bone marrow test result came out, looks like they found a match with SB's. A transplant is on the way.] YSK: Really, SB and Inlaw are a match? How could this be possible? [DJ: That's what everyone thought and said, what kind of destiny is this? And everyone wonders, it is a good thing though, SB and her inlaw have such destiny. You don't look very well, is something wrong?] YSK: Honey (flashes with what MO said earlier: I'll get well, this is not the dangerous type of leukemia, I'm leaving the hospital tomorrow, please unni, you didn't see me in the hospital, understand) Nothing, I'm just tired. (Goes back to her room) Inlaw madam and SB's bone marrow is a match. This is obviously good, but what about CMO? Ohh, how could this be? Is it possible, CMO came back from US for SB's bone-marrow? No, it's not possible, what am I thinking?

(DG, YS and SUB run on the street and cry out for BD.) DG: No, we can't find him this way, we separate to three directions, I'll go this way, you go the opposite direction and SUB, you go there. (So, each go their separate ways looking for BD)....

(BD enters the apartment on his own.) BD: Are they still fighting? Aunt?

YS: This is all your fault... (BD hears YS's voice and hides himself in the closet) My BD disappears. No, it's me, I don't have the patience, can't even keep a child and lost him. What am I going to do? [DG: I'll find him for you, we can find him, let me call the orphanage first, maybe he ran back there.] SUB: I think I should file a report for a missing child, mom, everything is going to be ok. You know it is possible he just wonders around and plays in the neighborhood and comes back on his own. Don't worry. [The cop: So, it's around 6 o' clock.]YS: Yes. [sUB: Yes, after I came back from work. Our family spent the entire evening looking for him in the neighborhood, searched thru every possible corner, no one has seen BD.] Lady: Really, it's been difficult. The potential adopted parents called yesterday to find out the child's health condition, whether he eats on time and are happy to take him away the day after tomorrow.] YS: BD... [DG: Stop crying, get hold of yourself, we still need to go find him. Will crying bring BD back?] Lady: Did the two of you ever fight and yell in front of BD? [DG: No, how can we!] Lady: I've told you last time, BD came from a domestic abused family with violence. His bio-mom was abused and battered, if the child witnesses or hears the adult's loud and fighting voices, he had a history of hiding or running away. [YS: BD, I intent to heal your wounds and yet you'd suffered more hurt from my place. This is all my fault. I'm sorry, BD] SUB: Shh... quiet, mom.] (BD is crying) YS: BD! (All runs to the bedroom and finds BD hiding in the closet) When did you hide there? [bD: Mom, mom.] YS: Don't cry. [bD: Aunt and uncle, don't fight anymore. I'm afraid when adults fight.] YS: Aunt didn't fight. Ok, I know, from now on, aunt and uncle won't fight anymore. Sorry, BD.

YSK to self: CMO said her leukemia is not the deadly type, but it's not like a minor flu either. If she requires to stay in a hospital, it clearly indicates her condition is not good. (sigh) Should I or shouldn't I tell SB about this?

YR: SIL (Note: YR uses respectable words to address SB), you sit down let me do the rest. Starting today, SIL, all you do is to sit down and order me what to do, understand! [sB: Why do you change all of a sudden? Did you sleep well last night?] YR: SIL, you are my mom's life saver, I can't tell you what to do? Take care of yourself until the day of surgery, no, there after too, take good care. [CB: I'm so glad, the two of you are like real sisters.] YR: Of course, from now on, SB, no, SIL is someone who has our same blood type, truly a real member of our family. [CB: That's right, DIL, thank you for making the difficult decision.] SB: I'm just doing what I'm supposed to do anyway.

(In the hospital) MO to self: (Sigh) This is not the time for me to stay in the hospital, it would only worry SJ if she'd known of my condition. Only present the best side of me to SJ, my sickness should not be revealed .(Flashes the conversation with MJ. MO said: Accept SB as your DIL, let HS and her live on their own, if you comply, I will transfer all my Lohas shares to SB. Once SB obtains all my shares, naturally, your family becomes the largest shareholders of Lohas). But, I haven't heard from that woman.

MJ to self: Why "SHE" is the one? When we live together, from 1 to 100, there isn't one thing we have in common. Why then her bone-marrow stem cells are the same as mine? I hate it, really hate it!!! [Nurse: You didn't sleep at all last night; are you happy because your DIL has the same bone marrow stem cells like yours?] (phone rings) MO: This is CMO. I waited for a while, since you didn't give me your answer, so I call. Have you made a decision on the subject we discussed before? [MJ: Let me tell you, I don't know what questions you asked, I can tell you for whatever questions, matters you asked, I would not comply nor would I make any kind of concession with you.] MO: Therefore, accepting SB as your DIL and letting them move out and live on their own are absolute "No" answers. [MJ: Don't ask the same question twice, goodbye.] MO: Before you hang up, one more advice. In the next few days, prepare yourself psychologically to face and deal with director's imperiled managing power of the company. I'm very displeased with you, disregard my last sincere intention. (hangs up phone) [MJ: Really, how could it be like this.]

(SB enters) SB: Mom, how do you feel? (MJ pushes her hands away) Fortunately, I can donate my bone marrow to you, when I first learnt this, I couldn't figure out if it was a dream or reality. Thinking how could it be possible that mom and my bone marrow are a match. [MJ: I thought the sky broke and fell on me, out of thousand and hundreds of thousand people, why must you, the one person I hate the most, have the same blood stem cell as mine? HATE it, absolutely HATE it!!] SB: Mom [MJ: I would not and never would accept even one piece of hair from you, don't worry, just get out!] SB: Mom, don't be like this, yes, I know mom you hate me, but being stubborn doesn't help the situation. [MJ: No, if I have to search every corner of the world in order find a match donor, but that person is not you. You and your mother whom try to take over our Lohas, either stock shares or bone marrow stem cells, no, I don't need them.] SB: Mom

HS: Small individual shareholders and a small group of directors who are agitated by the cash shortage are taking action. Company stock prices continue to drop since yesterday. [CB: Not just stock prices drop; small share holders’ action is not as simple as it looks, if it keeps up, the source of our support will be broken down, one day soon Lohas will face dissolution. (phone rings) Yes, this is KCB. What? Is it true? How could this happen? Ha, ha, yes, I know, thank you Dr. Kim. Wonderful! (hangs up phone) Hah, ha, ha. Dr. Kim said, heard from the American Bone Marrow Donor Registry Center, your mom and her youngest sister bone-marrow stem cell are a match.]

SB: Mom, can you please bend over backward once, just once, could you? I clearly understand I may be an unsatisfied, incapable DIL to you, that's why when I first heard my bone marrow matches yours, I was overwhelmed with joy. [MJ: Just like the pass, you, like a leech sticks on me, I undoubtedly dislike you, detest you, get out.] Dr. Kim: Mrs. Kang, another matter to be congratulated, your sister from U.S. has a match of the same bone marrow stem cell with yours. [MJ: What?] Dr: You may choose, either from your DIL or your sister. [MJ: Yes, I knew it; I knew it would be like that. Among our siblings I knew there would be someone like that. I don't need it from you, that's right, not from you.]

HS: SB, you heard that too? Mom and Aunt are a match. [sB: Wonderful! If mom uses aunt's bone marrow, I can donate mine's to someone else. Can't I?] DR: Yes, of course, I thank you first. [HS: Dr. me too.] (TP on the phone): Come out, Oppa is outside now. [YR: Oppa, I'm still cooking my fish, it'll be a little while longer. Why don't you come in and wait.] TP: What? How can I go in? [YR: It's ok! Everyone is out anyway!]

YR: Both Dad and Oppa are in the office, SB left for the hospital first. [TP: What kind of clothes you wear? Do you wear this to the hospital?] YR: What? I'll have a round trip ride in your car; don't need to be afraid of cold wind. [TP: Forget it, forget it. Go, go change to a long skirt. Look at this mini skirt you're wearing.] YR: Oppa, are you still interested in me? Give me daily rides to and from the hospital, why are you so nice to me?[TP: That's because of SB, in fact we are inlaws. Is the fish soup ready, here, put it in this container. (YR opens the lid) Put it there, it's heavy, let me do it.(YR spills the soup on TP) Ohh, it's hot. really hot. What am I going to do? [YR: Are you ok? Did you get burnt?] TP: Really, driving me crazy, Where is the bathroom? Huh... [YR: Oppa, you carry my photo with you?] TP: Hey, don't look into someone's wallet. [YR: Oppa, you still like me, right?] TP: No, this is from before, just didn't take out. [YR: Why you didn't remove it, tell me the truth! Oppa, you still love me? Oppa, I too, look at your picture from my purse everyday.] TP: People like you, what is there to like? So hot, I need to use your bathroom to wash.

(Outside the house, CB drives up) CB: Why the front door is open? [YR: Huh....] TP: How do you wear this. [YR: Dad is here. Dad came back.] TP: Clothes...] YR: Hide first. Dad. [CB: YR, you are home] YR: Oppa, you leave first, I'll get your clothes. [CB: Did you hear the good news from your Oppa and SIL?] YR: What news? [CB: Really lucky, your aunt and mom's bone marrow match.] YR: Really, is it right? [CB: This is God's help to let your mom get well. Soon mom will return to her room from treatment, go get ready.] YR: What? Yes. [CB: I drop you off in the hospital, so you can help your mom. I'll come after the office work is done.] TP: Huh... the key is not here... she said to give me my clothes, so cold.

HS: Aunt, this is HS, how are you! I've heard, thank you very much. You've made a difficult decision. What? What are you saying now? You can't donate your bone marrow to my mom. Why? Aunt, aunt! (runs to CB's office) Dad, problem. [CB: What?] HS: Aunt said she can't donate her bone marrow. [CB: What? Why? All of a sudden, why not?] HS: She prepares to get pregnant, trying for test-tube baby. [CB: Your mom all along thinks her sister can donate to her.] HS: What should we do? Dad.

(Hospital) MJ: When will your aunt come back from US. [YR: She'll be back soon. Oppa will call her today. Mom, lucky, aunt's bone marrow matches yours, right?] MJ: I've been saying all along, my blood siblings are alive, why do I need someone else's bone marrow. Not just anyone but SB's (SB runs into the room) [sB: Mom, please lie down.] MJ: Please I beg you, don't show your face in front of me, can you do that? How many times I've asked you not to come here. When I see you I'm mad, a healthy person will get sick because of you. I've said you are like a leech sticks on to people. [sB: Mom, I'm sorry. I'll go get some water.] MJ yells at SB: Didn't you hear I said get out immediately?

MO: Shareholder, thank you for trusting me and sold your stocks to me. Thank you very much. The money will directly deposit to your account.

(Another transaction) MO: Thank you for selling your Lohas stocks to me. I will not disappoint you and will make good use of the stocks. [Man: Are you sure this won't create problems for Lohas?] MO: Of course, how would it be possible. We are the one only hope the best for Lohas. Don't worry. [Lady: I've already transferred these to your name CMO.] MO: Good, let's go. (Phone rings) Hello, yes, I'm CMO. Hospital? (turns to the man) Sir, you go ahead first, I'll go later. (continues with the phone conversation) What's the matter? Say what? A bone marrow donor match for me? Yes, I know, I'll go to the hospital tomorrow. (Hangs up phone) Ohh, found a match donor, is this a dream?

CB: What are we going to do? Aunt can't do it. Should we ask DIL again? So sorry, how do we ask her?

SB: Dad, mom, I'm here. Where is everybody? (phone rings) Hello, yes, I'm KSB. What? Someone to receive my bone marrow?

End

Archived