The Official Piercing Thread

Guest liimegreeen

Guest lajormazer

I got a cartilage piercing on the top of my right ear :) it hurt a lot at first.... Now (9 months +) I can already sleep on that ear/side. Funny cause before I did it, I read people's experiences online and they said it took a LOOONG time for it to heal. They couldn't sleep on that side etc. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mrsmelgoza

i got my venom bite tongue piercing three weeks ago i noticed bumps infront of both of them one bigger then the other. The bumps look bright red some white in, it not painful. i just want to know if theyll go away.. ive been taking good care of them.  i went to my piercer & she said it was part of the healing process that tongues are weird that it will go away. HELP! i can send pictures of them to anyone willing to help contact me by email ; claudiareymelgoza09@gmail.com

• 4 weeks later...
Guest AyumiExclusive

AyumiExclusive said: So I got an industrial piercing on Thursday. It was fine up until yesterday (Sunday) when I moved the bar a bit when I was cleaning it. My ear has been throbbing all day. It looks kind of swollen again, which sucks cause it was getting better until I moved it. I can go to my piercer tomorrow or Thursday. But I was wondering if its normal for industrials to get so angry and swollen like this. I mean it makes sense, since irritating one piercing also irritates the other, then you end up with a very irritated upper ear lol. I've been doing sss and cleaning around the piercing with organic soap

Guest Corrosionist

Hello. Yesterday, my friend and I got our third pair of ear (lobe) piercings together. Taking into consideration the fact that she was on a budget, I did not get my ears pierced at the shop (professional) where I got my first two pairs of ear piercings... The shop I went to used GUNS and it was very cheap. After looking it up on the web, I'm worried that something will go wrong. I would like to get a helix piercing soon, too, so I was wondering if I should consider re-piercing the ear piercings and get the helix piercing at the shop I went to to get my first two pairs of ear piercings, and on the same day? If so, should I remove it to let it close? Is it even possible to re-pierce it when it is still open? Thank you! :)

• 2 months later...
Guest nobody knows

933984_10153134366230411_1214276744_n.jp1232409_10153134553940411_695237674_n.jp
i got my conch pierced (left my camera at school so only this crappy phone picture >_<)

pain scale from 1-10 was maybe a 3
but the real pain for me is the soreness for the 6 months after and accidentally getting it knocked uuuuuuusghhhhhh

so now i have 5 on my right ear (3 lobes, 1 cartilage, 1 conch)
and 1 on my left (lobe) hahahahha

i like how it's right next to my cartilage and i can still wear earbuds without pain <3

/edit
dunno why image didn't show up the first time, here it is now--

and as an update, it swelled up the first day, bled (a lot) the next morning and since then there's actually been no issues at all
which i'm not complaining, and it shouldn't be a surprise considering i do take pretty ok care of it, but no soreness?!

it's sore, but only at touch and even then, the pain wasn't as excruciating as my first cartilage hahaha

i got my septum pierced and i absolutely love it! on a pain scale it was a 5 out of 10 but it was because the piercer kind of sucked, and it was only the clamp that hurt and putting the piercing in. The actual needle part just felt like a little bit of pressure and was just sore. 
The pain went away after maybe 3 weeks and i can flip it up no problem already.  I clean it with saltwater and a qtip. 
Best piercing ever.
IMG_5111.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest quteeCAKE

nobody knows said: 933984_10153134366230411_1214276744_n.jp1232409_10153134553940411_695237674_n.jp
i got my conch pierced (left my camera at school so only this crappy phone picture >_<)

pain scale from 1-10 was maybe a 3
but the real pain for me is the soreness for the 6 months after and accidentally getting it knocked uuuuuuusghhhhhh

so now i have 5 on my right ear (3 lobes, 1 cartilage, 1 conch)
and 1 on my left (lobe) hahahahha

i like how it's right next to my cartilage and i can still wear earbuds without pain <3

/edit
dunno why image didn't show up the first time, here it is now--

and as an update, it swelled up the first day, bled (a lot) the next morning and since then there's actually been no issues at all
which i'm not complaining, and it shouldn't be a surprise considering i do take pretty ok care of it, but no soreness?!

it's sore, but only at touch and even then, the pain wasn't as excruciating as my first cartilage hahaha

Guest nobody knows

^ good to know!
I don't know what got into me, but i chose my original earring to be flatback, luckily

at most i'll probably get one more cartilage on my left ear .. i wanted triple forward helixes too but my mom freaked out more than expected about my conch soo hahaha

i'm surprised you repierced it yourself :s
i actually had my friend pierce my first cartilage for me (shop said they wanted $80 not including jewelry!!) and i did my third lobe myself (which of course i don't recommend for other people to do hahahha) but the conch is so thick ~________~ !! scary ~

• 2 months later...
Guest leloMew

Anyone here got a daith piercing? How long did it take until you could use (in ear) earphones again?
I want one sooo bad, but I love my music just as much...

Guest lovexcerys

I got my normal lobe piercings done when I was 13 at some department store. When I was 15, I did three more piercings with a sewing needle :P Not the smartest decision but luckily I didn't have any infections or whatever.
My next piercings hopefully will be my industrial, a rook piercing, and snake bites. Sigh. Too bad the world isn't more tolerate of piercings. 

• 1 month later...

Hi
My baby (10 months) has had her ears pierced at a reputable jewellery store  (3 weeks ago). Yes she had it done with the gun! (im only reading now that it more prone to infection!). the left hand piercing got infected first and now the right hand side one  is infected. its been about 1 and half week I am trying to deal with the infections

So the piercing on my babies ear lobe has gone wrong. I have been using sterile solution to clean then but as the infection has started to scab I'v had to first clean it with warm water ( to help remove the scab) and then clean with the sterile solution.After this I'v been putting on Blass seed oil (known to be a antiseptic oil)
Im not sure if she is allergic to nickel earring she has got a 24K gold studs in right now. The doc has said to be to take the piercings out..but from what I read that will only leave the infection there.
Help
Sorry the pics are gross of the infection but shall i continue ?? or shall I take them out??
http://postimg.org/image/ggvhmdupb/

Pic 2
Pic 3

Guest Searesrayne

Stop using sterile solution and just use warm sea salt soaks. Also I have never seen allergy and infection spread that much beyond the pierced area on ear. I think you need to take the piercing out. And still use warm sale soaks to clean the area twice a day.

• 1 month later...
Guest Julia

Hi,So I got my cartilage piercing 3 years ago by a gun (I was young and didn't know better -_-) and it got infected which made my cartilage swell up so much to the point where I could see the front of the earring anymore.It's been about a week now and after caring for it with H2Ocean aftercare the swelling and infection has gone down but now my earring is stuck and the front of my cartilage piercing closed....Actually it's not totally closed the hole is open but the front of the earring won't go through it... so it's like stuck inside my ear
does anyone know what I should do?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest RichG

Hi I have had gauges for like 2 years (5/8) and I've had one blow out once due to stretching too fast and it ended up healing up perfectly after about a month with a smaller piercing in, there was no puss or any bleeding just the blown out scar tissue. It's been perfectly healed up and well maintained for about a month and a half now. Recently I developed a zit directly in the crease of my ear lobe (where the lobe connects to my face) I popped it, puss came out along with some other clearish liquid. This was a day ago and all around my gauge is sore. The zit is now swollen quite a bit (almost overlapping the piercing) it doesn't hurt or anything to remove/insert the piercing tho so I don't feel it is being too stressed or anything like that. I'm just worried that this could possibly be an abscess and I don't wanna ruin my ears. Are these symptoms normal ? What do you recommend I do ? Thank you in advance, any input would be greatly appreciated!

-Richie

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have any of you guys watched the Korean drama, Healer?
Well, I fell in love with Park Min Young's helix and conch piercing, so I decided to get those as well. 
001-4.jpg~original

It was my very first time getting my ears pierced other than the regular ones which I got since I was a baby. So it was pretty scary at first, but the needles didn't hurt as I thought they would (it was just like when you go for annual check up and get blood sample from you!) and I was very happy with mine. Hours later, my left ear stings, but the pain wasn't so bad and totally tolerable.
hkj.jpg~original

I just hope that things will go well, and that I don't get any of those scary stories about infections. I went on youtube and found this girl who talked about her helix earring being sucked by her skin. Like the earring literally was buried in her skin!!!! LIKE OMG. How was the possible. So yeah..... 

BTW, I was just wondering. I didn't see the problem before when I was thinking of getting my ear pierced, but I wear eyeglasses at home, and when I put them on todday when I got home, I noticed that the edge of my glasses would touch the back of the helix earring. I wonder if I would get irritation from that? I hope not? 

• 8 months later...
Guest sdunc2696

Ok, so I got my ears pierced a second time the first week in june. After the 6 weeks of cleaning and stuff I stopped but left in my piercing earrings they put in due to some bad advice from a friend who told me they had to stay in for six months....well now it's middle of October and well I still haven't taken them out....but every once and a while when I touch them a dried clear crusty scab like thing comes off on my hand is this a big problem???? Does this mean that I should leave the earrings in a little longer or start wearing the kind that I take out every night??? If there is a problem what way is best to treat it???

Archived