The Official Piercing Thread

Guest liimegreeen

Guest Bluii1430292331

Hey guys

I'm not sure if im posting in the right place but hey ho lol :), i had an arm piercings done around 6 months ago and this has just happened to it, any ideas? Ive had no problems with any of other my other piercings!! There is no discharge one side is alittle warm and its not really sore, any help would be great :D

2md064p.jpg

11sgldg.jpg

2yvmjjb.jpg

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest monikadoesmakeup

Got my navel pierced on a whim about a year ago! I love it, but I'm still paranoid that it's going to reject ... at what point is rejection not likely?
photo16qz.jpg

Guest PrismaticDoll

I have nine piercings in total.
I used to have my lip pierced.
But now I have three mid-ear/cartilage piercings, four lobe piercings (two are tapered to a 6g and two are tapered to a 00g), and a double nostril piercing on my right nostril.
I intend on getting more cartilage piercings and an industrial.

Guest dorkypunk

Does anyone know where I can get geeky or video game themed earrings that aren't too expensive? I have some Counter Strike, Super Mario, Cthulhu, Batman and dinosaur ones already but I want more.
And also, where can I get cheap industrial retainers? I'm not meant to wear such piercings at work but I do anyway so the holes don't close up, but I do feel bad. Especially since chefs aren't allowed jewellery ><

Guest PrismaticDoll

dorkypunk said: Does anyone know where I can get geeky or video game themed earrings that aren't too expensive? I have some Counter Strike, Super Mario, Cthulhu, Batman and dinosaur ones already but I want more.
And also, where can I get cheap industrial retainers? I'm not meant to wear such piercings at work but I do anyway so the holes don't close up, but I do feel bad. Especially since chefs aren't allowed jewellery ><

Guest Alisaur

Does anyone else have an issue with their cartilage/helix piercing being slanted? Like it's higher up on the front than in the back. =/I originally had the same issue with my first helix piercing, but my piercer took it out, let it heal, and then a few months later, I got the piercing done in a different spot and it's still has the tendency to become "slanted" if that's the right term.

Guest t.luu

de0nbp.jpg
Two week old tongue piercing! Started eating normally after 4 days, and just switched out the initial barbell today 8)

Guest yujun

Tastypeach512 said: @Bluii well i don't have this piercing or anything but usually surface piercings (arm, wrist, neck) begin to come out after a while. I think mostly because of how skin sheds.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sentimental-circus

Hey guys ^^ I'm thinking of getting two cartilage piercings on my left ear sometime this month but I'm just wondering if it's alright to get both at the same time? Or would it be a better option to get one done first and my second one later.....?

Guest yujun

why not? :) of cuz you can! i did my industrial and snug piercing on the same ear a week apart, which meant 3 healing wounds at the same time, it turned out alright. the only time it wouldn't be so great is if you gotten one on each ear and you sleep on your side :s
sentimental-circus said: Hey guys ^^ I'm thinking of getting two cartilage piercings on my left ear sometime this month but I'm just wondering if it's alright to get both at the same time? Or would it be a better option to get one done first and my second one later.....?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest morelovee

Just got my cartilage piercing today. They did it with a needle and it didn't hurt as much as I thought it was going to but it does hurt a little more especially when I clean it. I also got my ear lobes pierced too so now I have 3 ear piercings. Next week I am going to get my belly button re-pierced and my industrial pierced on my other ear.

Any one have any experience dealing with an industrial piercing? I heard it hurts way more especially the healing process.

funny story: the other day i pulled my tragus piercing out through the back nearly completely through (accident, was cleaning my ear w/ q-tip) , but didn't realized it until i pushed it back in.ok not funny but it freaked me out O.O
it bled and has a crusty now but it doesn't hurt, phew......
it's been about 7 months since I got it pierced, not planning on trying to change the jewelry anytime soon, scared it'll hurt or i'll make something bad happen, although shorter jewelry would be better?

Guest cheska05

I just got my tragus and helix pierced last tuesday. is it ok to change the rings after a week or two?
here's a pic of my piercings :))
http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/12075e0aa11711e2b85022000a1f9e75_6.jpg

Guest yujun

@morelovee it took my industrial 2 and a half years to heal. no joking. had a huge bump (hypertrophic scarring) on the lower hole most of the time when it was still healing, and it oozed pus (and i would squeeze it, i don't have the best aftercare haha so please don't follow what i did) but anyway after 2 and a half year it actually healed (i almost thought it was never gonna) and it's been fine since then (it's 5 years old now).

@cheska05 i wouldn't advise you to do so. the tissue is still healing (and there would most likely be crusting), removing the jewelry will dislodge the crust which would cause a bit of healing tissue to tear. also, jewelry used for healing is usually longer, to accomodate swelling. if you really must change the jewelry for some reason, choose a jewelry that is not too short and something of implant grade surgical stainless steel/titanium/niobium. and soak your ear in warm saline or sea salt soak to soften the crusting so that the tissue won't be too irritated when you remove the jewelry.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Delusional

heeey, I am thinking about getting a vertical labret but it'd be my first piercing (besides lobes) and I was wondering if anyone could talk about their experience/tips/etc?? :0 thanks

Guest morelovee

Got my tragus pierced the other day. Didn't hurt much just the pressure of the clamp was a bit weird but thats it. Cleaning it 2x times a day with solution and tea tree oil. I couldn't listen to music with my earbuds for a day or two but its fine now

Archived