[DRAMA 2006] GOONG/PRINCESS HOURS 궁

Guest coreana

JJH hasnt made any comments about coming back to Season2 has he? oh gosh....im feeling pretty scared for this one...i want it to be him! its weird if another person plays it.. :( oh gosh...i dunno! keep the news going..everything is really helpful ;)

• Replies 39.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest laceytam

some news of goong from KBS global

American Variety Magazine Gives Acclaim to TV Drama "Princess Hours"

gung_l.jpg

Variety, an American film and pop art magazine, has attracted public attention by giving critical acclaim to MBC TV's drama "Princess Hours," also known as "The Palace," calling it a production that has shown the future of Korea's TV drama industry.

In its latest edition, Variety said, "The 24-episode drama 'Princess Hours' is a production that shows the future of Korea's TV drama industry, while enjoying high viewer ratings of nearly 30 percent."

Variety also said, "More than 230,000 dollars (230 million won) per episode was spent on making elaborately built sets, such as traditional houses and Western interior decorations. If such a trend continues, Korean TV drama producers will spend more and more on expenses."

The magazine introduced the drama's set, food, and traditional costume designers. It said, "These designers enhanced the aesthetic levels of the drama, ultimately succeeding in luring young viewers."

Variety added, "The Korean film industry also played a big role in helping 'Princess Hours' become a successful drama. Both the drama's director, Hwang In-roe, and its script writer, In Eun-ah, have had experience in film production."

The production team of "Princess Hours" benchmarked film producers' marketing activities in producing the drama's posters and outsourcing part of its production.

This shows a new kind of drama-producing trend, according to the magazine.

oops sorry someone have post this before

Guest hsinyi069

ON NO!!!

No Spring Waltz Lead to take the Princess Role in Season 2...

Not that I don't like him.. it just doesn't look right...... :'(

OKAY... what I just thought of is...

Guys... rememeber how sweet he was covering for YEH at the airport that day when they returned from Bali???

I mean, what he said to the press WEREN'T true... he told the press that they haven't even make any phone calls, no contact at all after the drama enede...

How on the earth, he knew YEH is sick and told the fans don't bother to take pic of YEH???

So.... yes.. I am sure he must made those annoucement under some kinda of pressure or something.. maybe from his company...?

Anyways.. I am still hoping he will return.. till the day they officially annouce JJH will not return... I'll keep praying..... :D

i don't want anybody else besides JJH as SHIN!

goong2 will not be the same anymore if the original prince isn't there

accident or no accident, disfigured or not, no way!

i want JJH back! :crazy:

LJH & JJH shares some resemblance...

but they are a hell of a difference..

LJH's lips are too thick :P

actually waiting for Agent Watermelon to say she'll fly to korea to burn down somebody's house after whacking him unconscious with her famous frying pan :ph34r:

exactly reb.

the truth is what is the pt of season2 if they are not coming back

i am waitin for some confirmation from his lousy management company.

i suspect all this lousy news are released by his lousy company..

reb if he confirms that he is not acting in goong 2, i wil do more than wacking someone with my fryin pan -.-

and wad the f? spring waltz lead to be a lead in gung2???????????????

wtf is that???

my head hurts. -.-

edited : i seriousy want him to clear things up asap. all this rumors are killin us. we dunno which of them are true. and if they came out of his mouth

Guest swit_malou

Hello, :) First of all I would like to thank the subbers for finding time to translate this wonderful series to us. The English subs were pretty good. I enjoy watching this drama because of the neat translation. I think MBC should buy the rights of the English subtitle made by our dear subbing team coz I think this is better compare to their DVD subs. Hehehe. :P

Anyways, I came to love Goong and I would say that it's one of my fave drama now. At first, I was hesitant to watch this series because I thought JJH is not appealing. He seems to have a straight face always and looks like a lamp post. Oooopss. :vicx: Hehehe.. But you know after watching the scene when he started getting jealous to Yul, I loved him then. I like those scenes when he is pissed off (esp those scene when he always see CG with Yul). Because this scene aside from his sweet moments with CG, is one slow realization on his part how CG meant or special to him. :wub:

Uuhhm. I have a question. :unsure: I've watched episode 21 today and there is one thing that I can't understand on what Shin said during the interview. It's on subs time: 00:03:55,091. He said: "There are some things in life where nothing makes sense. What happened in Jeju was one of those things. I'm thankful for that incident." I don't know which Jeju trip Shin is referring to. Was this on his birthday, the road trip with CG & Great Queen or the beach scene with CG on episode16? Well, I keep thinking about it and I'm curious because I think this is the final realization that he came to love CG. :blush:

Nice meeting you all Goongers!

Me Goongers too.. :blush:

Guest mizzlinhie

omg more shocking news !! ahhh i'll be goin crazi soon...xD no no please do not replace the main actor in goong 2 . Like i alreadie said before, goong would not be the same without our royal couple !!! This is impossible to replace our prince charming SHIN @_@ SHOCKINGGG OMG What's goin on....

Guest sweet_treats1812

omg, too much speculation...and another contender for the role of prince shin in season 2? :huh: i dont mind if they add another person to the drama, but i WUD MIND if that person took over the role of the prince! hmph~

in the beginning, i didnt really think much about jjh's acting skills. ok, so perhaps i didnt think much of all four of their acting skills coz they were obviously still new at the thing, but later on the series, i jst fell in love with all of them. and i think most ppl here got hooked to the chemistry of the two leads eventually as well..it jst WUD NOT be the same withouth them..

as for jjh's management fearing his career as being typecasted into the role of prince shin, well, it's only typical isnt it? the guy is still relatively new in the industry, he became famouse for his role in this drama and of course for many fans, they'd always remember him as such. but if they really want him to further his development as an actor, then i think they should take that risk..besides, if he really wants to prove to everyone that he can be a good actor, then he can just take on other roles in the future. but using the excuse that he might be typecasted as the prince because of his role in this drama is NOT a good excuse for him to NOT be in season 2 anymore...

this is jst wat i think right now, maybe coz of all this hype..but who knows really...

Guest donilpark

Seo Doyoung is being wanted by whom?

By fans?

I didn't like him all that much from Spring Waltz or God of the Sea.

I really hope he won't be in Goong season 2.

i've kinda got affected with JJH saying YEH's not his type(which thank God, has already been cleared:D )..so i've rewatched Goong BTS! :lol: for the nth time that is! :D and i dont know if you've already noticed, but i'll just share it anyway, coz i just noticed it now..keke! in the BTS of ep16, after YEH hides underneath the covers :lol: just noted how JJH placed his right arm and remained there for a while, under CG's head! nyihi!

16bts.jpg

Guest hnAcogN

Uuhhm. I have a question. :unsure: I've watched episode 21 today and there is one thing that I can't understand on what Shin said during the interview. It's on subs time: 00:03:55,091. He said: "There are some things in life where nothing makes sense. What happened in Jeju was one of those things. I'm thankful for that incident." I don't know which Jeju trip Shin is referring to. Was this on his birthday, the road trip with CG & Great Queen or the beach scene with CG on episode16? Well, I keep thinking about it and I'm curious because I think this is the final realization that he came to love CG. :blush:

Nice meeting you all Goongers!

Me Goongers too.. :blush:

I didn't quite get this as well. Can anyone please explain which trip to Jeju island did Shin mention in the interview? I personally think that's the trip with CG and Great Queen in epi 13 'cause during that trip they had a chance to confide to each other and understand each other more. Shin told CG about the story of bear which he treasures a lot, they also talked about the divorce after 2,3 years, and Shin asked CG to "be there with him" *blink blink*...

The beach scene with CG in epi 16 is not in Jeju island I think

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=51254

VOTE FOR JJH AND YEH EVERYONE!!!

*Sincerely praying that JJH'll confirm that he'll be back in season 2 soon, I don't wanna suffer any more heart attack omg, the "she's not my type and the lead in Spring waltz takes over Shin's character" things are just driving me crazy. JJH JJH, our beloved prince, please don't let us down!!!*

*OMG, I own a page ^_^*

Guest ivylive

Season 2 maybe a gamble for all the people involve in Goong 2 and I think this is what JJH's management are worried about but as a fan I think that this series has MAJOR potential to bring in the next korean wave, even Variety picked up the amazing production of this drama.

I kinda agree with some of my friends from other local forums in the Phils. that it is overrated but the production of the whole drama itself is incomparable, with its amazing set designs & cinematography. The story maybe simple and draggy at some point but the colors they use on the set and even the colorful outfits of the characters are a feast in the eyes.

I hope that JJH would take a gamble and return as Shin.

Guest babossagaji

Does anyone know the lyrics from epi. 11 or 12 where Halmumama, Chaegyung, and Shin escapes to a quiet place and Shin and Chaegyung sings that one song and dances to it? It goes something like this..in English

Farmers plant seeds...put the soil on..

Can I get the lyrics for it in hangul? Please?

Guest valandy

I don't see why he should worry about being known as Prince Shin instead of JJH. :( Look at those Hollywood series like Desperate Housewives, CSI, Lost and so many others. Most of them are known as their character names first before people start to know them as their real names. They are still famous till today. They are still getting awards and movies requests. -_-

His management should be glad that his popularity is increasing. :tongue2: Looking on the bright side, he might get more and more advertisement and even movie requests. If he were to reject the role right now, there's a chance that he would have problem in getting a good role like this again. :fury:

Like what most people in entertainment know, it's easy to get an actor/actress but it's difficult to get a good script, especially right now when he is still new in the line of acting. :P

Sorry!!! Just getting very irritated with all these talks about him not coming back.

What is Goong2 without Prince Shin and Princess CG???? I don't think I'll be interested if the main cast is not back.......... :tears:

Guest bluesky2545

It's my first time post here. I'm the one who can smile silly when I read this thread because it made me feel that I was with friends who like the same thing although we never meet and never talk but we have the same feeling to the drama and the actors/actress.

I just started to watch the 1st EP. Cross my fingers, I'm afraid that Goong 2 will start with CG wake up and come to the real world because it's mentioned "Korean palace is an empty place and the relationof families broke apart. Let's brighten up the place and imagine that there actually lives a charming prince that every girls is in love with. It's the dream story by Shin Chae Gyung". I prefer CG waking up to meet Shin as the ordinary people not meet the other people that are arrogant, good looking and born in the rich family.

This can happen and it can be another option for the production team to think about in case that JJH can't join Goong 2. If I were the production team, I must try the best to get JJH to join. If I was the manager of JJH's management company, I will seek the way to join Goong season 2 if the storyline is not good, it can be on discussion. He has no plan in the near future but he knew that Goong 2 is confirmed. He should give the first priority to Goong 2. His reputation today came from Goong. His management company have to think carefully. Making the decision can make the positive or negative affect to JJH's reputation.

hmm i thot about it and i think..

celebs are human as well. and they make mistakes.

i think wadever jjh said was a slip of the tongue, so lets 4give him k

lOlx.. only because he is hot as hell.

here's a PS pic from imbc to settle the hostile feelin ya?

photo_256_1_1_no_16992_1.jpg

Ps : Personally i kinda wish he would stand out and clear up all the rumors coz itz driving me nuts

Hello, :) First of all I would like to thank the subbers for finding time to translate this wonderful series to us. The English subs were pretty good. I enjoy watching this drama because of the neat translation. I think MBC should buy the rights of the English subtitle made by our dear subbing team coz I think this is better compare to their DVD subs. Hehehe. :P

Uuhhm. I have a question. :unsure: I've watched episode 21 today and there is one thing that I can't understand on what Shin said during the interview. It's on subs time: 00:03:55,091. He said: "There are some things in life where nothing makes sense. What happened in Jeju was one of those things. I'm thankful for that incident." I don't know which Jeju trip Shin is referring to. Was this on his birthday, the road trip with CG & Great Queen or the beach scene with CG on episode16? Well, I keep thinking about it and I'm curious because I think this is the final realization that he came to love CG.

Hi there! :) Welcome to the evergrowing Goong family, and thanks for the compliments on the subs hehe..

It always nice to read good comments about it... it just makes our time worthwhile when at least a person appreciate the work of our beloved subbing team. WITH S2 <3!

About your question, actually I had the same exact question in my mind when I was editing the subs.

However, he did say, "Jeju" which I was like o___O??? what happened in Jeju? :huh:

And when he said, "I'm thankful for that incident.", I was like, perhaps it's not Jeju but Thailand?

Since after the Thai-airport-horrible-peck incident, there was some chaotic media press report on that one.

And somewhat, this incident is matched to what he said, "There are some things in life where nothing makes sense."

But in a way, it opened his eyes and his heart also that the trip meant some kinda like a closing chapter of his past (with hyorin) for him. And it became an incident in the public eyes, and also CG (when she found out that he was together with her in Thailand).

Then it somewhat matches again with what he said, "I'm thankful for that incident."

He's thankful for that incident because it was after that incident, after he saw how his actions (not picking up the phone, not calling CG) have actually hurt CG in such a way (he saw how she fainted; how she refused to eat, etc etc...), finally opened his mind/heart.

So hehe, I'm kinda babbling here, hehe just some speculations on my part here, since I was kinda confused myself with what he said. Hopefully someone can clear this up,... or perhaps this could be one of the loopholes that we find in the script? XD

About the news that have been going on about JJH "not my type a girl" and "not confirmed yet for Season 2", wow... those news really shook my attention this couple of days *sigh*

One thing for sure, it's definitely not gonna be the same without those four original casts.

Why even bother to make Goong Season 2 if that's the case? B) *sigh*

Talk about Goong withdrawal, JJH-YEH withdrawal, and now this...

Goong Season 2 withdrawal and it ain't even started yet :lol:

:tears:

Talk about Goong withdrawal, JJH-YEH withdrawal, and now this...

Goong Season 2 withdrawal and it ain't even started yet :lol:

:tears:

Yes, Shenny.. this all kinds of Goongy withdrawal seems to be endless, isn't it? If JJH not coming back.. I'll suffer from Goong Season 2 SEMI-withdrawal, coz i still want to stand behind YEH's back.. I'll support her all the way, and I'm sure there are numerous of us who think the same.. However, if both of them are not returning.. I'll throw Goong2 out of my window even before it started. It's just a bad bad bad idea. Hwang In Roi should just cancel it before he kills himself from disappointment. <_<

Archived