--

Guest Sugarparty

Guest badstar

I agree with the following:

Park Ye Eun -- although I'm not really a big fan of Wonder Girls, I really think that she has the best voice among the five. But I am in love with YuBin's rapping! lol

Shim Chang Min -- I think changmin is underrated most especially in the foreign fanbase. But, Changmin's getting hotter and hotter now and I am so loving it.

I disagree with:

SHINDONG -- The guy's really popular in Korea, he may not be THAT popular in the foreign community but people still knows him. He's the funny suju guy! lol

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Chang Min!! :lol:

I think it's due to his reserve personality on shows that people THINK he's underrated in the group. Perhaps one of the reason being so is because he's the youngest and so he always lets his hyungs do all the talking. So he talks only when he's asked.

But I believe DBSK members are as popular as each other in Korea and Japan. It's just not shown on TV.

Guest t1ffiexp
I thought Micky was the least popular in DBSK bck then. But I think they are all very popular. It's hard for me to imagine any of them as underatted now. o_0

As for Suju, I think Ye Sung is even more underatted than Shindong, which is quite sad. :( Shindong is actually quite popular in Korea and appears in many TV Shows, well, that's what I heard. Also I read that he was the top 5 highest paid. :P

Don't know about other boybands, but Shinhwa, I think it's Andy who is least popular, because he is more quiet and shy..

Actually, Yoochun was one of the more popular ones back then.. and Changmin & Jaejoong were technically the least popular. But they're all very popular now, so the past doesn't matter. : )

I don't really keep up with Suju that much, but I agree that Yesung is more underrated. Shindong's on so many shows! I remember watching old shows with Suju and they keep mentioning that Yesung's camera time would always get cut out.. but since EHB.. Yesung gets a LOOTTT of camera time. haha.

As for SNSD, I agree that Sunny is underrated. The other members have their own thing (photoshoots, cfs, solo songs, radioshows, music shows (?)??), but I haven't heard/seen Sunny with anything on the side.. but then again, I don't really keep up with SNSD either. :sweatingbullets:

Guest lad33x

i know!!! i hate how members are so underrated especially YE EUN and sunny!!

ye eun has amazing vocals and is such a cheery person :D she's my fave!!

sunny is the cutest thing in SNSD and for me, she has the most unique voice!

to tell you the truth, and i will try to refrain from flaming ;)

im a big fan of wg. and ye eun is underrated because the spotlight isn't always at her.

and when it is, its always the "flaws" that people look at. like she doesn't get noticed but people notice her when she cracks her voice. i don't get why people always have the spotlight on sohee. people always have the reason that she's the mandoo and the "aegyo" of the group. first of all to compare between ye eun and sohee, ye eun took my heart. why? she's got the voice. she might not be the aegyo of the group but she's talented. if people just give her the chance. im not saying sohee doesn't have a talent but im just saying that TALENT wise, ye eun has the spotlight.

font]

i agree with EVERYTHING you wrote there :D ye eun has had my heart fromt he beginning and she needs much more love!

Guest fobbiyo

Even though there are MUCHH MORE PEOPLE from other groups that are underrated. IMO, Yong Jun from SG Wannabe. Boram from Seeya. Alot of other people too. I actually like Ye-eun, Sunday, Wonbin and YB the most in their groups. I actually think Daesung is more underrated than YB. and

But as some people said, overall, they do have almost the same amount of fans, it's just that those fans are hiding!! I think the argument about Min being the most popular or not in Japan should not be discussed, let alone be argued about. Even though, he IS a bit underrated, doesn't mean he's the LEAST popular or.. the MOST popular in Japan. How can we really tell though? o_____o We can't. We really can't. So it's kind of pointless to be arguing about such an issue.

and for the single sells, let's see if the sells increase after Jae's single.

Guest NewsStrive717

they aren't really underrated. it's just that their fellow members stand out more, special personality that catch people's attention. but they are not underrated, just a little covered.

Guest brightstars90

I remember that Changmin was the member with the least number of fans but now he has grown and attraced a lot of fans..... YAY!

Guest mrschangmin91

i don't care if changmin is underrated member or not...coz i luv him to death no matter what....yeah..maybe he's quite shy than his hyungs...but you know guys...he's more hot and hot nowadays...make me luv him more...saranghae yongwonhi changmin oppa....

Guest winksassy

i don't agree that shindong is the underrated

1st I'm not really a fan of suju but still i know him.....unlike the other members

sunny, its not surprising since they are all look a like and less exposure in her part , i think the most popular in snsd member will be the leader(have solo activities, i think in one drama I've seen her) and tiffany maybe because she's the only one have short hair hehe

ye eun have an amazing voice!!!! i understand why she is underrated, but still i believe her time will come

Guest c'tin tje

i kind a agree with sunday is underrated. Lina and Dana lead vocal, steph the dancing queen.

But she's the winner in dorky pics...LOL

Guest seven
i really don't think changmin is the most popular in japan. I mean have you notice that his trick single sales is much lower compared to the other members??

i mean how can you be popular in japan but still got lower sales...

i think changmin is really underrated in korean and also in japan

It's not a good time to release ChangMin's single esp the recent releases of T and Purple Line. Moreover, he has to face touch competiton. Out of DBSK members, i think he has the strongest competitors so far such as KAT-TUN, they are like huge in Japan (their single sold over 351294 copies).

Frankly, i don't care how much popular ChangMin is in Japan since i love him to death and still do so whether he is well-known in Japan and Korea or not. But unlike fritz, i don't think ChangMin's underatted in Japan. We don't know exactly who is the most popular member in Japan unless we make the survey there.

Here's the oricon chart (10/03):

Credit: dnbn & kikylove@Soompi.

12 - *18,689 *,*18,689 *1回 東方神起 If...!?/Rainy Night(JUNSU from 東方神起)

54 *38 **2,084 *,*23,557 *3回 東方神起 Runaway/My Girlfriend(YUCHUN from 東方神起)

79 *88 **1,261 *,*21,180 *4回 東方神起 Two hearts/WILD SOUL(CHANGMIN from 東方神起)

Guest melloncollie07
Just because they are underrated in SOOMPI does not mean they are underrated world wide.I believe that Sunday is underrated on soompi, but I heard that she's popular in korea. I like her too =] Shindong is definitely not underrated, he might not be the typical heartthrob, but he is really popular. I do however, think that changmin can be a bit underrated. He should definitely get the opportunity to shine more, but it eventually goes down to their individual personality. Sometimes they don't let themselves become as popular as their members because they're humble and modest. I'm not sure about everyone else though.

I agree completely with this post.

Guest dbskXmiduhyo

these members arent really underated. they deserve to be rated as well as the others since they have so much talent in them.

Guest hammy_chan

i think ppl dont like shindong because he's fatter than the average korean male celebrity, which are all WAYYYYY skinny...but i LOVE shindong, he is adorable, and very talented...^^...LOL

Oh Won Bin and Changmin are my faves!!!if no one else likes them then that's fine...no one to fight with...^^...lol

Guest msxadina

most the people you actually named are the like my first or second person i like in the group.

but it's kinda true, like a little bit

but I STILL LOVE`M!!

and everyone elses love as well.

Archived