Heath Ledger Dies!

Guest thaigerl

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ryisakooguy

very, very sad news indeed.

im pretty much watching his last work in the dark night which i believe makes an awesome joker.

i think his drug related death was an accident more than suicidal.

rip heath.

Guest pandoras0nymph

It's not fake

they are really doing it

really??that is soo mean! he's not gay! its just a role! omg.. :tears:

so they will do his funeral services? i just can't believe.. they are sooo cruel

really??that is soo mean! he's not gay! its just a role! omg.. :tears:

so they will do his funeral services? i just can't believe.. they are sooo cruel

Yea.. I have no words to describe it. It's really upset.

The Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas - run by Reverend Fred Phelps - has posted plans on its website to protest at Ledger's portrayal of a gay cowboy in 2005 film Brokeback Mountain.

Guest pandoras0nymph

Yea.. I have no words to describe it. It's really upset.

The Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas - run by Reverend Fred Phelps - has posted plans on its website to protest at Ledger's portrayal of a gay cowboy in 2005 film Brokeback Mountain.

they are soo evil! with what they are doing to the innocent guy they're the ones who'll burn in hell. they have no respect! the guy's already dead!

I heard about the protest this morning. :tears:

It's just a role people! I'm so angry when I heard it.

I can't believe that those "christians" will go through those lengths just to be heard.

How disrespectful. Let him rest in peace.

Guest pandoras0nymph

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Relatives of Heath Ledger are expected to arrive in New York Friday in preparation for his funeral, a funeral home spokesman said.

Ledger's body was taken to the Frank E. Campbell Funeral Home in Manhattan Wednesday, the mortuary confirmed to CNN.A private viewing will take place Friday, The Associated Press reported.

The funeral arrangements have not been made public.

The 28-year-old actor, star of "Brokeback Mountain" and the upcoming "Dark Knight," died Tuesday afternoon.

An autopsy Wednesday morning was inconclusive, and a cause-of-death determination will take 10 to 14 days, a medical examiner's spokeswoman said.

"There were no illegal drugs found" in the apartment, New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said Wednesday.

Two law enforcement officials who asked not to be named said six types of prescription drugs, including an antihistamine and pills to treat anxiety and insomnia, were found in the apartment, according to the AP.

A publicist for Ledger told CNN Thursday the actor was suffering from the flu and had been prescribed antibiotics during recent filming for "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" in London.

Meanwhile, more details are emerging about the moments before and after Ledger's death. Watch Kelly talk about the case »

Police Thursday said the masseuse who discovered Ledger's body made twice as many calls to actress Mary-Kate Olsen -- a friend of Ledger's -- than first thought, the AP reported.

She called Olsen three times before dialing 911, and a fourth time after medical personnel came, according to the AP.

The first call was made 19 minutes before Ledger was pronounced dead and all the calls were made from his cell phone, the AP reported.

A housekeeper, identified as Teresa Solomon, arrived at the apartment about 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, a police source with knowledge of the investigation said.

She saw Ledger lying on a bed face down with a sheet pulled up around his shoulders and heard him snoring, the source said.

Masseuse Diana Wolozin arrived at the apartment about 2:45 p.m. to give Ledger a massage, according to the police source. About 15 minutes later, when he had not come out of the bedroom and the door remained closed, she went in, saw him lying in bed, and set up a massage table nearby.

She shook Ledger, but he did not respond, so she used his cell phone to call Olsen in California, knowing Olsen was a friend of Ledger's, the source said.

Wolozin told Olsen that Ledger was unconscious, according to the NYPD source. Watch what's next for the medical examiners »

Olsen told her she would call private security people in New York.

At 3:26 p.m., Wolozin called 911 and told authorities Ledger was not breathing. While on the phone with dispatchers, Wolozin tried to perform CPR on Ledger, but he was unresponsive.

Emergency personnel arrived seven minutes later, according to the police source, at about the same time as a private security person summoned by Olsen.

The medical technicians performed CPR on Ledger and used a cardiac defibrillator, but their efforts were in vain and he was pronounced dead at 3:36 p.m. By then, two other private security people summoned by Olsen had arrived, as well as police.

The bodyguards were not allowed into the bedroom where Ledger died, the AP reported.

Ledger's family on Wednesday called his death "very tragic, untimely and accidental." Watch family and other Australians mourn actor »

Ledger's former fiancee, actress Michelle Williams, returned with their 2-year-old daughter, Matilda, to her Brooklyn home Wednesday night. She has been filming a movie in Sweden.

Condolences poured in from Ledger's friends and co-stars. Watch the reaction at the Sundance Film Festival »

"He was a wonderful guy, he was a wonderful actor, he had a wonderful future ahead of him, and I liked him," actor Eric Roberts said Wednesday on CNN's "Larry King Live."

Roberts worked with Ledger in "The Dark Knight," the latest installment in the Batman series. The film is to open in July.

The role as arch villain The Joker disturbed Ledger, according to The Associated Press. He called the character a "psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy." Watch Ledger discuss taking on challenging roles »

"Last week, I probably slept an average of two hours a night," Ledger told The New York Times. "I couldn't stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going."

He said prescription sleeping pills didn't help, according to AP.

Ledger was born in Perth, Australia, and named Heathcliff Andrew after the main characters of Emily Bronte's "Wuthering Heights." He began acting at a local theater as a child. Find out more about the actor »

Ledger's first American film was the teen comedy "10 Things I Hate About You" in 1999, and he immediately attracted attention from Hollywood. He passed up several scripts before taking a role in the Revolutionary War drama "The Patriot" in 2000 and "A Knight's Tale" in 2001. He also played a supporting role in "Monster's Ball," among other films. See a photo gallery of Ledger's life and career »

But Ledger was perhaps best known for his 2005 portrayal of Ennis Del Mar in "Brokeback Mountain," about two cowboys who had a secret romantic relationship. The role earned him an oscar nomination

Guest niyamit1976

Jack Nicholson Says He 'Warned' Heath Ledger

NEW YORK — Jack Nicholson said Tuesday that he "warned" fellow Joker actor Heath Ledger.

The 70-year-old Oscar winner was dining at the Wolseley restaurant in London when a photographer told him about Ledger's death.

After saying, "That's awful," Jack added “I warned him," and refused to elaborate.

Later, at the premiere of his new film "The Bucket List," Nicholson reportedly said he "warns people about Ambien."

“I almost drove off a cliff once. I don’t take sleeping pills but somebody said ‘take this, it’s mild.'

“I got a call in the middle of the night, kind of an emergency, and I almost drove off a cliff 50 yards from my house, and I live up in the mountains in Aspen. So I warn people about it. But I also did not know Mr. Ledger.”

Nicholson played The Joker in the 1989 "Batman" movie; Ledger played The Joker in the upcoming "Dark Knight."

Ledger had acknowledged that his brooding character drained him physically and mentally and caused him to have trouble sleeping, a condition for which he said he took prescription pills.

According to an MTV November interview, Nicholson was asked: "What do you think of another actor, Heath Ledger, playing the Joker?"

"Let me be the way I'm not in interviews. I'm furious. I'm furious [he laughs]. They never asked me about a sequel with the Joker. I know how to do that nobody ever asked me."

source:foxnews

RIP HEATH

Guest xxiiyabbyxx

u guys are joking right?

wth.. it can't be..

i thot this thread was gonna psych me..

but i searched in yahoo..

and its true *cries*

RIP Heath Ledger.. R.I.P. :(

Archived