[drama 2008] The Last Scandal Of My Life 내생애 마지막 스&

koalabear

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ripgal

I saw the first episode... and I didn't expect it to be a comedy..:lol:

Gosh, Choi Jin Shil looks super different with the ahjumma look..hahaha..

Can't wait for Song Jae Bin to discover that he's slowly falling for Seon Hee again..

Guest piyochae

Thanks everyone for the links to the episodes! I love this drama so much even though i dont understand a thing they are saying! I love the pairing in this drama! Can wait for this week's episodes.

Guest F2TSweetS

heard about this new drama on tv.. since I knew choi jin shil was going to be in it. The last drama I saw her in was 'Bad Women Good Women' . Didn't get the chance to watch it until yesterday.. and I love it! haha these days I'm liking dramas with ahjummas.. haha.. even though I'm still a teen. lol. more interesting and funny. xP looking foward to episode 3 today! the two dramas... 'First Wives club' and 'Last Scandal' <3 the preview for the second one wanted me to continue on esp.

Guest piyochae

Episode 3 (RAW)

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Will provide episode summaries since currently there are no subs available. But first, I must watch it myself.

omg thanks so much!!! i have been waiting all day. I actually cancel plans to go out to watch this! yhanks again!

Guest DummyDannyxP

i like this show

its so cute

to see how jung jun ho and his co star from like his movie days are together

heheh

excited for the next ep :D

-- edit

i had no idea i was on my brothers ><

hes going to kill me

haha dont get the wrong ideaa

eek.

Episode 3 (RAW)

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Will provide episode summaries since currently there are no subs available. But first, I must watch it myself.

thank you for all the help tooloveli3 ^ ^ I'm putting the links on the first page for easy access...too bad I will not be able to watch the episodes this week since I have to work but I'm happy that the ratings are picking up

Episode 3 Ratings

Seoul = 12.7 (8th)

Nationwide = 12.3 (10th)

src: Dramawiki/TNS Media

Guest tooloveli3

thank you for all the help tooloveli3 ^ ^ I'm putting the links on the first page for easy access...too bad I will not be able to watch the episodes this week since I have to work but I'm happy that the ratings are picking up

Episode 3 Ratings

Seoul = 12.7 (8th)

Nationwide = 12.3 (10th)

src: Dramawiki/TNS Media

Cool, no problem! I still haven't gotten a chance to watch it (had to watch Jonah Hill on SNL...). I'm glad the ratings are picking up. I think there are just too many dramas out right now that people don't really know about Last Scandal. Once word gets around, it'll pick up.

Who is the woman that started in ep 3?

Why is she always with the big brother? Does she like him? Does he like her?

Where is the little boy's mother?

Why did the lead take the maid to the party?

Why did the maid have to move into their house?

Did the maid's husband divorce her or just separated?

Does the older brother like (is attracted to) the maid?

Looks like they will kiss next weekend :wub:

Guest tooloveli3

Episode 1 summary. Sorry, it's so long. I got carried away.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hong Sun Hee wakes up from a dream in the doctor’s office and finds out that she has menopause. She’s upset because she’s barely 40, but tries to remain optimistic in spite of things. Song Jae Bin finishes his interview and in exhaustion mutters to himself about how he’s almost approaching 40 and living as a 32 year old celebrity is too exhausting. SJB throws a fit and his assistant tries to convince him about a commercial shoot. SJB refuses unless the director yields to his demands and changes the leading female model. The director reluctantly calls back the assistant to tell him that the changes have been made.

HSH is washing dishes when her sister-in-law asks for her input about an outfit and the sister-in-law picks the exact opposite of what HSH chooses. HSH then takes menopause pills and gets wrongly accused for taking “vitamins” without even buying any for her mother-in-law. The evil “step sisters” gang up on HSH for being selfish. HSH’s friend calls to tell her about a commercial shoot that needs extras.

HSH runs around in search of the filming location and coincidentally bumps into SJB. She realizes that he has a striking resemblance to her first love and SJB realizes the same thing. The assistant asks who HSH is to which SJB replies, “My first love…” The assistant exclaims, “That ahjuma (old lady)” is your first love?!” SJB reminisces about his beautiful first love and how she was even in a chocolate commercial back in the day. The assistant then remembers how all the teenaged boys swooned over the chocolate model. The assistant realizes SJB must have been in grade school and HSH must have been in high school. SJB is almost caught in his lie and covers up by saying HSH was and “older sister-type” in his neighborhood.... and gets away with it.

Filming the commercial, SJB looks for his beauty in the sea of ahjumas. The director yells for the ahjumas to all faint at the sight of the young and beautiful model. The ahjumas get up in retaliation and HSH is made the spokesperson for the group. She convinces the director that no ahjuma will buy a makeup product that blatantly makes fun of older women and embraces only young women. SJB interferes and exclaims that ahjumas are dispensable and HSH should be thrown out. The now angry HSH tries to convince all the other ahjumas to walk out but all the other ahjumas now pretend they have nothing to do with her. The indecisive director agrees with SJB and kicks HSH out.

HSH leaves frustrated and upset when she gets a phone call from her daughter Jee Min’s schoolteacher. JM cut school to stalk her celebrity crush SJB and takes photos of SJB flirting with a model. She gets caught and SJB nicely convinces her to erase the photo and instead take one with him. HSH sees this and karate kicks her rebellious daughter and at this inopportune moment, people gather while it turns into a media fiasco.

SJB’s manager arrives just in time to save SJB’s career by hiring a group of “professional bloggers” to twist the story claiming that SJB was preventing an abusive mother from beating her child. SJB receives an honorary award for his noble act.

The evil mother-in-law scorns HSH for not being the daughter-in-law she wanted and her poor son is out doing all he can do make ends meet. HSH tells her mother-in-law that one of these days she’ll make everyone proud. HSH makes an investment in a newly built apartment complex. Meanwhile, SJB’s assistant sees the evil sister-in-law leaving HSH’s apartment. The assistant goes to SJB’s house to apologize for the media incident. In order to please him, he gives the contact information for SJB’s first love claiming that she was still stunning after all these years. [sJB flash black] SJB is walking HSH home from school and he tries to kiss her but HSH refuses until they get accepted to college.

HSH leaves her husband a voicemail threatening him to call her back within the next hour. SJB calls HSH and she mistakes the call for her husband only to realize it’s Jang Dong Chul, her first love. He asks her what she is doing and she replies I’m driving and listening to music. HSH asks JDC what he does and he replies, “I’m a businessman.”

HSH’s friend tries to convince HSH to meet her first love. They both romanticize about JDC. HSH kicks and beats the coffee machine while SJB aka JDC is watching from afar. She finally gets her coffee when she sees SJB and spits her coffee at him and runs away because she’s late for a screening. SJB and his manager see HSH laughing hysterically and SJB makes fun of the ridiculous ahjuma. The manager seems to be amused by her ability to laugh so whole-heartedly.

HSH leaves as she is talking to JDC and SJB enters while he’s talking to HSH. The two of them give angry glares at one another and walk away. HSH is cooking when she hears JDC outside her door. She is embarrassed at her current state and runs into her room only to wake up from a dream. Later, HSH realizes her investment has sky rocketed and goes home only to realize that her home is being foreclosed and her husband is in jail for fraud. HSH sees her husband in jail and he tells her to bail him out. HSH cannot front the bail but tells him she’ll do what she can. HSH asks her sister-in-law for money but is turned down. HSH’s friend suggests she meet up with JDC. HSH thinks it too embarrassing and rude. SJB can’t get his mind off HSH while HSH is out contemplating whether she should call him. At that moment, JDC calls her and they agree to meet up at a hotel café. SJB soon realizes there are too many people who notice him in the café so he rents suite room and calls upon HSH. HSH is alarmed but at this point she’s desperate and will do anything for money. She knocks at his door and SJB opens it to see ahjuma HSH!

Guest piyochae

Episode 1 summary. Sorry, it's so long. I got carried away.

Thanks for taking the time to give us a summary! Greatly appreciated! I'm loving this drama even though i don't understand a thing they say~! :wacko:

koalabear, the official English title is out - Scandalous Affair

You can get the drama's info in English from

http://content.mbc.co.kr/english/drama/08/1674784_25450.html

thanks for the info Huangsy...I'm editing page 1

Tooloveli3...thanks for all the efforts from the links to the summary...I lovin' this drama...just finished watching Episode 3...where Jaebin hired Sun-hee as his maid...making her do all the household chores...I really thought for a while that it was like Ji-eun and Young-jae's story in Full House the difference is that Sun-hee and Jae-bin are sweethearts before

Ratings Episode 4

Nationwide

12.8 (13th)

Seoul

13.0 (12th)

src: Dramawiki, TNS Media

Archived