Ryu Soo Young 류수영

isabella

Guest puppyiz

I havent watch any of his previous dramas / movies ~ BAD COUPLE is my 1st.

So I am only guessing that this could be from one of his dramas ' Save the Last Dance'

(pls. correct me if I am wrong)

*clickable thumbnail *

hugestldya1.th.jpg

Reposting some scenes from BAD COUPLE

badann0.gif

badbym7.gif

badcmm6.gif

...... will post more on RSY, later.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh my gosh, i've known about Ryu Su Young ever since 18:29, but i didn't REALLY notice him until Bad Couple. he is such an amazing and brilliant actor...he's convincing in every role that he's in....now that what i call an ACTOR. haha.

all you RSY fans should definitely watch Bad Couple...here he plays a naive, but intelligent botanist who falls for a woman who wants a child without the burden of a husband...gosh, why oh why does she not want RSY? haha. watch it cause he's adorable in this role. he's also very good looking now that i think about it. :D

all you RSY fans should definitely watch Bad Couple...here he plays a naive, but intelligent botanist who falls for a woman who wants a child without the burden of a husband...gosh, why oh why does she not want RSY? haha. watch it cause he's adorable in this role. he's also very good looking now that i think about it. :D

very nicely said, coollady!! hehehe RSY is my new love! his role in BC have my heart jumps with excitement! i am in love with his character! :w00t::lol:

Guest Wynter

First noticed RSY in Bright Girl and I thought he was pretty good. I absolutely love him in Bad Couple though! Everyone should watch it because he's positively adorable in it. xD I must go catch his other dramas now...^_^

Guest mama bear

haaaay! when can i watch this bad couple it sounds so good! hmmm... better get my hands on RSY! hahahaha

Guest piano_lady

oh! you too!!!! heheh yeah me too! eventhough he plays bad characters mostly...i can still see that his a very sincere guy! hihihi i really like him i hope he stars in another romantic comedy like 18 vs. 29! he acts really old for his age. his only 28! this september! hehe

and his cute too....yeah he's really cute more than anyone. he acts so natural. whenever i see his pictures!

he is so underrated! fighting! ryu su young!

yeah! am so glad that he's got BAD COUPLE! now, people have started noticing and appreciating him as an actor. he's really cute too! ;)

am so looking forward to watching BAD COUPLE!

Guest Jubee1027

I liked him in Save the Last Dance for Me. I wanted Eugene to go with him. haha But he's really impressing me in Bad Couple. He's smart, sincere, and caring in this drama which I think will help his career.

Guest haziyu

i just finished 18 vs 29 and came here immediately to check on soo young.imagine my shock wheh his thread only has 3 pages!

yes,i totally agree with the fact that he is underrated.he is SUCH a good actor!i think he's not the kind who is outrightly handsome but endearingly cute.i personally prefer this kind of actors as you will like them more than the outrightly handsome ones because you fall in love with them by accepting their flaws so your love for them is more of a lasting kind.haha.oops i hope i make sense!haha.

loved the way he portrayed kang bong man in 18 vs 29.his transformation from a down and out actor,to a famous one and then back to a struggling actor was totally realistic.and the chemistry he shared with his co-star who played hye chan was amazing!

and when he cried,i genuinely felt sad for him!so muh emotion,i was really touched.haha.but of course the most endearing thing was the love between him and hye chan.so sincere,genuine and made me rethink myperceptions towards love too.haha.

found out that he's acting in bad family too?ok a MUST watch for me now.*goes off in search of bad family episodes*

Guest paigehk

I really like him. He's such a good actor. He is very convincing with his character. When I watched the Last Dance, he the only one that got my attention (although he's bad). Then I watched 18vs29 for him, now I am first epi Bad Couple. He's so cute!!!

I think i'm gonna look up and watch the other drama of him, the one with Shin Ae (her name i think) and Lee Jong Soo...about reicarnation thing. I don't know, but i think i'm gonna watch it while waiting for Bad Couple to be subbed. hehee

If anyone has more pictures of him...please share. Thanks a lot

• 2 weeks later...
Guest debratan

That's his latest drama Seoul 1945. This year is apparently very significant in Korean history. Im not sure but I think its just before the Korean War! (sorry, because Im not Korean)

I believe that the drama mentioned is "next - rebirth". He is a swordsman, warrior, doctor, scholar and a reporter all in one drama. t's my fav

RSY's drama to-date.

Guest mama bear

well you know what guys...dunno know..but for my opinion i can compare him with another favorite actor of mine..GO SOO..hehe his in the army right now but his kinda underrated nowadays but his performance in his dramas are really good! i mean great!

and just a smiple info: if anyone of you havent seen any other RSY kseries other thatn BAD COUPLE..then please see first 18 vs. 29 before watching his other dramas like save the last dance for me because i find it really boring and he doesnt end up with eugene though they have cute scenes together like the basketball game in arcade.

Guest debratan

I havent watch any of his previous dramas / movies ~ BAD COUPLE is my 1st.

So I am only guessing that this could be from one of his dramas ' Save the Last Dance'

(pls. correct me if I am wrong)

*clickable thumbnail *

hugestldya1.th.jpg

Reposting some scenes from BAD COUPLE

badann0.gif

badbym7.gif

badcmm6.gif

...... will post more on RSY, later.

The drama shown in the clickable thumbnail is "Merry Go Round" AKA "Wooden Horse Carousel" as Lee Dong Wook is also in that show. This is the next drama of RSY that I am going to watch.

After that, I am going to re-watch "Next - rebirth" and maybe "seoul 1945"

Guest anachronista

debratan, where can you get "Merry Go Round"?

I really love Ryu Soo Young too, and would like to see everything he has done, but have only seen "Success Story of a Bright Girl", "Save the Last Dance for Me" (I liked him a lot better than Ji Sung), "Rebirth-Next" (my favorite drama of all), 18 vs. 29, Seoul 1945, and "Bad Couple", plus his two movies.

He is so talented. I think he's one of Korea's best actors. I'm trying to learn Korean so I can understand what he says in interviews.

Guest Zombie

As what the thread mistress had mentioned, trully underrated actor.

Hope to see him in a good melodrama that can bring out his talent.

Guest atreyu112

I like him too.. i adore him since 18 vs 29.. i dunno why that drama is soo underrated.. i like that drama.. now i am hooked up to bad couple becoz of him.. he has tis sincerity look that make me want to hug and say to him, Su Young, gwaenchanayo.. everything is fine.. saranghaeyo..

Guest piano_lady

just finished 18 vs 29 and i simply adore it! it's really good....and it didn't drag a bit :-)

surfed a bit and found this old article about RSY....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryoo Soo-yeong Captures Hearts of Female Viewers

(Source) 2005/03/25 Digg del.icio.us

Actor Ryoo Soo-yeong, who plays a caring husband in the KBS Monday-Tuesday miniseries "18 vs. 29", has drawn the attention of many female viewers recently for his charismatic yet cute portrayal. Although the popularity of the drama is ascribed largely to the charming acting of its lead actress Park Seon-young, the female audience credits Ryoo with perfectly portraying a husband doing his utmost to mend his relationship with his wife.

But very few know that Ryoo landed this role after many twists and turns. Although he was the first actor sought for the role when the drama was still in its initial stages of production, he had to square off with such formidable rivals as Kim Min-jong and Shin Hyun-jun. Ryoo was notified that he had been chosen for the role just two days before shooting started.

"In fact, I had almost given up, and was very stressed out. My self-esteem was hurt significantly, but when the production team told me that I was selected for the role, I decided from the...

Actor Ryoo Soo-yeong, who plays a caring husband in the KBS Monday-Tuesday miniseries "18 vs. 29", has drawn the attention of many female viewers recently for his charismatic yet cute portrayal. Although the popularity of the drama is ascribed largely to the charming acting of its lead actress Park Seon-young, the female audience credits Ryoo with perfectly portraying a husband doing his utmost to mend his relationship with his wife.

But very few know that Ryoo landed this role after many twists and turns. Although he was the first actor sought for the role when the drama was still in its initial stages of production, he had to square off with such formidable rivals as Kim Min-jong and Shin Hyun-jun. Ryoo was notified that he had been chosen for the role just two days before shooting started.

"In fact, I had almost given up, and was very stressed out. My self-esteem was hurt significantly, but when the production team told me that I was selected for the role, I decided from then on never to give up or let others beat me in casting competitions", said Ryoo. Ryoo was considered a second-rate actor for quite a long time. Many times he was pigeonholed into the role of the guy who fights with another guy over a woman. His new role in "18 vs. 29" presented him with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to try his skills at portraying a sassy and vibrant character.

"I want to become a step closer to the audience through this role. My ardent wish is to hear that I am good not only at sinister roles but at other roles as well", said Ryoo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

oh yes, he also captured my heart :rolleyes:

Archived