Ryu Soo Young 류수영

isabella

Guest liu_xing_girl

right, he's quite underrated....i really think he's a very versatile & effective actor. i've seen him in 3 of his dramas...Bright Girl, STLD & 18 vs 29. i must say i was quite surprised when i saw him in 18 vs 29 because i didn't imagine he would be able to play a funny, good guy after being the bad guy from the other 2 of his dramas.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

at my place they're airing 1 drama that have ryu su young. It's about 4 ppl and 5 different lifes from accient to modern . what's the title for that drama???

That's his latest drama Seoul 1945. This year is apparently very significant in Korean history. Im not sure but I think its just before the Korean War! (sorry, because Im not Korean)

Guest whizzer's_rose

Su Young answers that he likes to read and exercise. He mentioned wakeboarding and scuba diving. He has been to the Philipines for diving and is even a licensed scuba diver.

:w00t: Oh my god! he's been here in the Philippines?!!!! I want to see him! I adored him in save the last dance and it was rotten that the station here in the Philippines which aired 18vs29 deleted A LOT of it. :crazy: which part of the Philippines? Can he come back?

Guest f.E.M

oh I got the name it's an MBC serie named Hwan Saeng - Next aka Rebirth. Just finished watching it. It's a good serie though, su young went from a modern doctor to the leader of the mongolian army, a bussiness man in Chosun time, and a journalist in the early 20th century.... He's so hot, I loved his chemistry with park sun young in 18 vs 29, yup he's really underrated. I hope he'll get more attention in the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whizzer's_rose, I know all TV stations sux, they always chopped things off. I live in Viet and the cut off many scenes too so I just dl the whole serie on MU and rewatch (4th time already and still haven't bored of 18 vs 29) ^^

btw, here're sum links of his 2005 drama "Next" for ppl who interested

www.koreanwiz.org/at/drama-rebirth-next.html

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/next/cast/cast04.html

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Next

• 2 weeks later...

:w00t: Oh my god! he's been here in the Philippines?!!!! I want to see him! I adored him in save the last dance and it was rotten that the station here in the Philippines which aired 18vs29 deleted A LOT of it. :crazy: which part of the Philippines? Can he come back?

Sorry, I didn't reply earlier...been out of commission! Anyway I can't help you on where he visited because he did not mention the location in the interview.

Despite my huge crush on this guy, I only managed to watch 18 vs 29 recently. He confirmed my faith in him...a good actor with loads of potential! Hope to see more of him soon! I haven't heard much news about him lately! Wonder if anyone has any updated news?

• 2 months later...
Guest neinsager

WHAT?! i can't believe he went to my country and i didn't even notice?! he's been my crush since i saw summertime, then 18 v 29. haaaay. i even watch seoul 1945 every weekend even though i don't understand a thing (and han eun jung cries WAAAY too much in that drama) just to see ryu soo young. he looks super cute even in torn dirty clothing.

• 1 month later...

I watched Successful Story of a Bright Girl last week and my sister thought he was cuter than Jang Hyuk XD I thought he was too and then checked out 18 VS 29 because of Choi Shi Won and I didn't notice that the older Kang Bong-Man was him! He looks better in 18 VS 29 than Bright Girl. Yes, I agree that he's underrated...There are so many actors out there that's underrated T-T Anyways, 18 VS 29 is really good. I recommend it because it's funny and he's so SWEET!

• 2 months later...
Guest piano_lady

I am currently watching Save the Last Dance for Me. Ryu Su Young is such a good actor and I actually like him better than the lead guy. I hope he gets a good role soon!

Cheers!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest whizzer's_rose

ehe! you love him better than the lead guy? well, same sentiment in here when I first saw save the last dance...I pity his character so much because he wasn't really a bad guy to start with, he was planning to change when he met eunsoo's character. anyway, i hope he does more movies and series...any recent news on him?

• 3 weeks later...

I really like him in Seoul 1945....his best acting so far....n of course, MAN, he looks really really good in the drama!!! so I recommend you all to watch Seoul 1945....

btw....I was surprised to know that he's only 27!!!! I thought he was older than that.... <_<

Guest StylishAzNx07

He's really cute and a good actor! ^^

Btw, I never knew he was that young...

like I always thought he was in his early thirties or something...

he looks mature for his age!

• 3 months later...
Guest mama bear

well...well...well finally i've seen this thread!!!! i wont stop until i see this thread!!! whoa! i really super like ryu soo young so cute and so cool...hehe yeah me too i like him in save the last dance...and i got bored but still finished it just to see ryu soo young with eugene!!! hahahaha

i just want to know....which network bought 18 vs. 29? did they really aired it in the philippines? what channel? i wonder why its not that famous there its a really great korean drama....well comedy! i hope they make a replay.

lets make this thread running!!!! aja! fighting!

Guest mama bear

ye but thats always his role! hehe...but eventhoug he plays the bad man in save the last dance...i still love him there especially in the scene where she played with eugene..the shooting stuff at an arcade! he seems so cool...watch 18 29 ur going to love him there!

ye but thats always his role! hehe...but eventhoug he plays the bad man in save the last dance...i still love him there especially in the scene where she played with eugene..the shooting stuff at an arcade! he seems so cool...watch 18 29 ur going to love him there!

Ok 18 29 I have to see that :D

• 1 month later...
Guest mama bear

I am currently watching Save the Last Dance for Me. Ryu Su Young is such a good actor and I actually like him better than the lead guy. I hope he gets a good role soon!

Cheers!!

oh! you too!!!! heheh yeah me too! eventhough he plays bad characters mostly...i can still see that his a very sincere guy! hihihi i really like him i hope he stars in another romantic comedy like 18 vs. 29! he acts really old for his age. his only 28! this september! hehe

and his cute too....yeah he's really cute more than anyone. he acts so natural. whenever i see his pictures!

he is so underrated! fighting! ryu su young!

Guest bwitched

I've watched 18 vs 29 , he's good n I agree that he is really being underrated..But I guess his popularity will somewhat boost up with bad couple..:)

Guest puppyiz

Whoah !! I see a thread for this cuteeee (many thanks to our thread starter)

Greetings All !! Lover of 'under-rated stars' is here !!

Thanks to mama bear for the link!! We meet again, here! :D

(At first, I thot I just saw KoSoo but I was mistaken. Heee...heee.... maybe it's bcos of RSY's hair & my day-dreaming :blush: )

My first time with RSY & I like his charisma !!

Currently hooked with his latest drama : BAD COUPLE .......he's so fine portraying Gi Chan!

( Aaah can this guy not be this sweet ??? :rolleyes: )

* Ryu Su Young's Fan Site > http://www.ryusuyoung.co.kr/

Incidentally here's the link back to BAD COUPLE > CLICK HERE

ALL MUST WATCH !!

Guest lollipop2000

He was so good even as a baddie I was compelled to root for him even in STLD. Have not watched 18:29 but will definitely get it and so so looking forward to watching Bad Couple. He is so cute in STLD.

Archived