[Drama 2008] East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽

Guest kdramafanusa

Guest buddhjie14

hi buddhjie14 :blush:

oh wow!! EOE as number 2 out of your top 5 kdramas all time?? that's very generous of you...you're only on ep13 :rolleyes: there are more twists and turns as you travel the journey of EOE. so fasten your seat belt and enjoy the ride ;)

hello 2uss

I'm really falling in-love with this drama.

The best feature of EoE I like is how they show brotherhood and fatherhood.

(If you notice, these genres are also present in Three Dads One Mom which holds my number 1 drama of all time :) )

Yes. The show is getting so exciting,

I read many comments saying it's really boring before episode 35...

but I find it really good because of theses so many questions... like if-LDW-and-LDC-will-fight-when-they-know-they're-not-blood-brothers? and what-will-happen-to-LDC-and-Grace-love-story?

I have so many questions that keeps me on this drama.

actually, when I read here that LDC will die, I stopped watching this drama (I was on episode 2 at that time),

but it's just so addicting that I can't resist it.

just woke up from a 2 hour nap... going to continue watching now... currently on episode 17. :D

btw, anyone know when will this Dennis Oh actor's final appearance is?

I don't like this actor... even in Witch Yoo Hee!

his way of speaking Korean is so irritating!

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 2uss

OMG...finishing this was such a long journey.....

I got distracted a lot at the beginning, but I finally marathoned and finished this last week!!~

and I'd have to say, the long ride had been enjoyable....for most part anyway.....

hii hot_saranghae :blush:

i'm glad that you were able to finish the journey of EOE...and what a journey huh?? :rolleyes: i've said many times before here, that EOE isn't for everyone...because the nature of the drama isn't at all happy and it doesn't follow typical Kdrama format (except maybe the end :tears: )...but WHAT AMAZING ACTING BY EVERYONE!!! WOOHOOO!! all the casts of EOE performed SUPERBLY!!

The series did have lotsa ups and downs...there are some draggy parts, but which series doesn't if it has more than 50 episodes.....I especially liked how dramatic and stylish the whole atmosphere was...

yes, exactly!! what 50+ episodes malodrama that do not have "draggy parts"?? :lol: however when you're into the story...as what the story is...the draggy parts will not be as bad, because it's exactly what you said, it's "the whole atmosphere" in the drama that kept you in...you'd wanna know what's next!!

lol...I just have lots to rant about...but yeah....I enjoyed the whole up and downs of the series

this was definitely good^^~

and website news articles in Korea are coming out complementing EOE's success as well, so EOE was a successful and especially a memorable drama ;)

hello 2uss

I'm really falling in-love with this drama.

The best feature of EoE I like is how they show brotherhood and fatherhood.

Yes. The show is getting so exciting

hiii buddhjie14 :blush:

ohhhh INDEED, it's exciting!!

I read many comments saying it's really boring before episode 35...

but I find it really good because of theses so many questions... like if-LDW-and-LDC-will-fight-when-they-know-they're-not-blood-brothers? and what-will-happen-to-LDC-and-Grace-love-story?

it's ok...EOE is not for everyone...but those who were open to the story and follow it closely...learn to love EOE...they continue to watch it...and comments in soompi EOE thread aren't a representation of overall "good" comments in Baidu EOE, dc EOE and many other forums...

you're not behind on EOE...Japanese viewers in Japan are currently watching EOE on TBS and other TV channel affiliations... Taiwanese and Hong Kong viewers are also watching it on CTV/GTV and TVB channels...so you're also current as with a lot of other people in the Asian region... :D

just woke up from a 2 hour nap... going to continue watching now... currently on episode 17. :D

i read sometime ago on Viikii streaming site...that someone "quit" his/her job just to stay and watch EOE?? :lol::lol:

btw, anyone know when will this Dennis Oh actor's final appearance is?

I don't like this actor... even in Witch Yoo Hee!

his way of speaking Korean is so irritating!

aww, be nice to Mr. Oh :rolleyes:

i think he finished EOE on episode 34 or 35, i could be wrong on that :sweatingbullets:

Guest wi1l2k

I just finished watching EOE a while ago.. What more can i say.. This has to be one of the best drama ever produced.. though the last episode was a bit.. bleh.. they could have wrapped things up a lil better than this. But anyways, a highly recommended drama indeed.. Yea its been quite a journey following up with EOE like everyone else here i believe.. gonna miss this so much.. Heh.. LDC-GJ all the way =)

Guest sailormoon2910

hi everybody

I'm newbie

I'm watching this film

so sad

It's make my cry T___T

I realy like OST so much

I like the song Can you hear now - Lee Seung Chul

and Promise by KCM but i can't find the lyrics of this song

who can share for me the eng-lyrics of the song Promise???

thanks so much

Guest missy_qiqi

Hi all,

I had just finished the entire drama after about 3 weeks of glueing my eyes to the tv...hehe.. :P

Had been waiting for this drama ever since i know Song Seung Hun will be in it !!!

Great script with a strong cast.....the storyline was good....full of ups & downs....it certainly 'earn' some of my tears as some scenes were so touching!!

I think the scriptwriter & producer really did a good job in portraying the relationship between the 2 brothers & kinship.

The young little dong Che acted really well especially the scene when he knew someone was plotting to harm his dad.

Nice OST.....but the negative point is that the ending is too abrupt, they could have show us more on the family being reunited after Dong Che sacrificing himself.

Hi all,

I had just finished the entire drama after about 3 weeks of glueing my eyes to the tv...hehe.. :P

Had been waiting for this drama ever since i know Song Seung Hun will be in it !!!

Great script with a strong cast.....the storyline was good....full of ups & downs....it certainly 'earn' some of my tears as some scenes were so touching!!

I think the scriptwriter & producer really did a good job in portraying the relationship between the 2 brothers & kinship.

The young little dong Che acted really well especially the scene when he knew someone was plotting to harm his dad.

Nice OST.....but the negative point is that the ending is too abrupt, they could have show us more on the family being reunited after Dong Che sacrificing himself.

whoaaa 3 weeks glued to the TV!!?? :blink:

missy_qiqi well done in finishing EOE...it was an amazing journey :rolleyes:

:w00t: HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEE DONG CHUL!!! :w00t:

June 20th

DC_passport.jpg

we give you many birthday greetings from TrulySeungHeon members

Dong Chul you're the best!! B) :blush:

1240635821_200904251404035270269801_0.jpg

2009_06_eoe03.jpg

2009_06_eoe02.jpg

2009_06_eoe01a.jpg

eoe_dc0609a.jpg

happybdayDC.jpg

DC_bday2009.jpg

*TSH

Guest buddhjie14

Wow! I didn't see that one!

well... Happy Birthday Lee Dong Chul hyung! (I want to be his brother! I envy both Dong Wook and Myung Hun for having such a great brother!) (I could be his son too... I just feel bad that he died :()

By the way, I finished watching it a week ago (I guess.. I forgot when did I finish it)

and I was really in shock that I can't even post a comment here (sorry about that)

actually, I'm already done watching the first three Endless Love dramas... I started watching them right after I finish East of Eden. (I watched Spring Waltz last 2007, and planning to re-watch it to finish the Endless Love series)

and I really hate and like Yoon Joon Seo at the same time... He's kind of jerk I guess... (actually, it's only been 5 minutes since I finish Autumn Tale while typing this comment)

and as for Summer Scent... (It was really hard for me to watch this because I really hate the actor Ryu Jin... I can't stand his face!) I think it would have been better if they show Min Woo and Hye Won together... I mean not just staring at each other...

and for Winter Sonata... I think this is the 3rd best among the four. (and I became and instand Choi Ji Woo fan... lol... now I'm planning to watch Star's Lover)

Okay... Back to East of Eden. I thought I won't be affected by the fact Dong Chul will die.

But it still does affect me.

I keep saying to my self "It's alright. East of Eden is the life story of Lee Dong Chul. So it's just okay for him to die in the end because it will no longer be Lee Dong Chul's life story if this didn't happen"

I keep on convincing and telling myself that.

I really feel bad that he died.

well.. the series wasn't nice at all! IT WAS GREAT!

it is now tied with Three Dads One Mom in Top 1 in my own ranking.

Again... Happy Birthday Dong Chul hyung!

If I read the image correctly, DC was born in 1956.

If DC is still alive, he would have been 53 years old :sweatingbullets:

a very handsome 53 year old man ;)

---------------------------------------------

ltadcbday.jpg

*TSH

Guest buddhjie14

Just curious... If Lee Da Hae didn't leave EoE, is she really the one who to end up with Lee Dong Chul??

I just notice that their relationship is just beginning and then LDH suddenly left EoE.

I just feel like it's kind of disappointing 'cuz I'm a big LDH fan...

(anyways... it's still a good thing that LDC end up with Gukja... now I'm also a fan of LYH)

Just curious... If Lee Da Hae didn't leave EoE, is she really the one who to end up with Lee Dong Chul??

I just notice that their relationship is just beginning and then LDH suddenly left EoE.

I just feel like it's kind of disappointing 'cuz I'm a big LDH fan...

(anyways... it's still a good thing that LDC end up with Gukja... now I'm also a fan of LYH)

if HR would've continued on in EOE, from where the story was going...she wouldn't have an impact in the life of DC in terms of his heart...

YR, at the moment (LDH announced her leaving the set due to "health reasons" stated at MBC EOE forum board) was already set as the person that

DC will only love...

HR might have played more into making DW more evil than he did or

HR might have been the key to DW "turning" back from evil...

knowing that she's a reporter...she could have find a key evidence that might help DW turn good at the end of the drama...

she might have uncovered the photo of DC and YR (that we saw in Rebecca's HK bank vault) and told DW (instead of Rebecca telling DW) to go

and see the "evidence" etc etc...

so HR still have a legitimate storyline, not necessarily involving DC's heart/love, but very much involved in the the 2 brothers "reconciling" at the end...and in my opinion that can still captivate the audience at the moment when she (LDH) decided to leave the set...

but of course it's up to the writer(s)/pd to dictate that...

OH I LOVE THIS DRAMA. AND ESPICALLY THE OST OF THE DRAMA..

ONE OF THE BEST DRAMA EVER. but i still can't believe lee dahae left EOE.

hi.gif QUEEN* !!

glad you enjoyed the journey of EOE...what an amazing journey!! joytears.gif

i have the OST as well eheheh, i listen to it everytime making EOE fan arts eheheh :sweatingbullets:

Guest buddhjie14

if HR would've continued on in EOE, from where the story was going...she wouldn't have an impact in the life of DC in terms of his heart...

YR, at the moment (LDH announced her leaving the set due to "health reasons" stated at MBC EOE forum board) was already set as the person that

DC will only love...

HR might have played more into making DW more evil than he did or

HR might have been the key to DW "turning" back from evil...

knowing that she's a reporter...she could have find a key evidence that might help DW turn good at the end of the drama...

she might have uncovered the photo of DC and YR (that we saw in Rebecca's HK bank vault) and told DW (instead of Rebecca telling DW) to go

and see the "evidence" etc etc...

so HR still have a legitimate storyline, not necessarily involving DC's heart/love, but very much involved in the the 2 brothers "reconciling" at the end...and in my opinion that can still captivate the audience at the moment when she (LDH) decided to leave the set...

but of course it's up to the writer(s)/pd to dictate that...

Oh.. I see.

Thanks for the explanation, 2uss. :)

I just thought that maybe HR will end up with DC because when I read stuffs about EoE, Lee Da Hae is mostly the first lead lady they mention. So I thought that maybe she's really the main female lead and not Lee Yeon Hee.

But If that happens, I would not like this drama. Because one thing I really like here is that DC never liked another woman. He only have YR in his heart.

actually, my first reason for watching this drama is my Lee Da Hae. (I'm not a Lee Yeon Hee and Song Seung Hun fan that time... I know SSH from the movie He Was Cool and LYH from A Millionaire's First Love - my top 2 movie - but I was not their fan yet, I actually didn't see much of LYH's charms in the movie, maybe because her character was sick and that lessens her adorableness..)

that time I don't know much about the story of EOE...

So when I saw the news about Lee Da Hae leaving EOE,

I decided not to watch it.

But a friend told me that the story is about two brothers, and it brought back my interest, (I mentioned before that I like dramas with brotherhood, fatherhood, family, and true love concepts... didn't I?)

and I ended up being an ultimate addicted fan of EoE. lol

I just thought that maybe HR will end up with DC because when I read stuffs about EoE, Lee Da Hae is mostly the first lead lady they mention. So I thought that maybe she's really the main female lead and not Lee Yeon Hee.

i feel that the most important thing to remember about EOE is that it does not follow typical K-drama format (maybe at the end where the hero dies)...but EOE is very unique to it's own and a treasure in itself...with great acting performance by everyone...with an amazing story of revenge, greed, blood and brotherhood, family, forgiveness, mercy, redemption, love, etc etc...

regarding LDH, she already made an official statement, and she has moved on since...we wish her the best...

as EOE fans we don't speculate further as to her motives and reasons for leaving...giving much attention to it would be unfair

for the actors and actress who continually performed superbly with the production of EOE...thus we moved on as well...

So when I saw the news about Lee Da Hae leaving EOE,

I decided not to watch it. But a friend told me that the story is about two brothers, and it brought back my interest, (I mentioned before that I like dramas with brotherhood, fatherhood, family, and true love concepts... didn't I?)

and I ended up being an ultimate addicted fan of EoE. lol

maybe you've learned an important lesson...

to not judge a drama by just an actor or actress...

but you judge its message and its story behind the names of actors and actresses... ;)

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/natio.../113_47416.html

06-24-2009 20:40

By Kim Rahn / Staff Reporter

Star Avenue

Some say Hallyu is over. Others, though, say the phenomenon is far from dead. They believe that new, improved Hallyu-related attractions are required ― not just the exportation of Korean dramas and movies.

Their calls may be answered if the latest at Lotte World in Jamsil, southeastern Seoul, is any kind of pointer. An entertainment venue named "Star Avenue" will open on June 30 and will offer various exhibitions and information on nine Hallyu stars and groups.

"With entertainment content about Korea's representative stars, Star Avenue will give foreign visitors a chance to enjoy the Korean Wave in a fresh way," said Kim Nam-sik, director of the Star Avenue PR agency.

The nine are models for the Lotte duty free shop: music stars TVXQ, Rain and Big Bang; actors Park Yong-ha, Song Seung-heon, Choi Ji-woo, Ji Sung and Kang Ji-hwan; and Japanese transgender makeup artist Ikko.

The 1,100-square-meter hall is comprised of five sections ― Star Showcase, Star Center, Music Star, Drama Star and With Star.

Star Showcase is an exhibition of the entertainers' items, such as soap opera props.

"Song (Seung Heon) donated a motorbike helmet and a leather jacket which he used in 'East of Eden', and Rain, his concert costumes," Kim said.

At Star Center, visitors can see the entertainers' music videos and film scenes on a 360-degree, high-definition screen, which has been adopted in Korea for the first time.

Music Star has a small concert stage where visitors can select a song from a jukebox and then sing along and dance as if they are pop singers themselves. Their performances can also be recorded on CD.

"We also plan to have the stars hold autograph ceremonies for fans at Music Star," Kim said.

At Drama Star, sets from "Jewel in the Palace," "East of Eden'' and "Jumong" are set up. Visitors can try on costumes used in the dramas and have their picture taken.

With Star provides visitors with a chance to become part of the soap operas ― they can have composite photos of themselves taken in a scene from the dramas, and on movie posters or CD covers. They can then be printed on stickers.

Admission is 10,000 won, with proceeds to be donated to charity.

"We expect Star Avenue to bring tourists to southern Seoul and develop the region as a tourism and shopping destination. Lotte is developing package programs including a visit to Star Avenue. A shuttle service connecting Lotte World in southern and Lotte Hotel in northern Seoul is also under consideration," Kim said.

At the opening ceremony on June 30, stars including Rain, Choi and Song will attend.

staravenue1.jpg

*TSH

---------------------------------------------

Lotte, one of the biggest South Korean Conglomerate has recognized "East of Eden" drama to be represented at one of its Drama Star section of the Star Avenue plaza amongst 2 other great dramas "Jewel in the Palace" and "Jumong"

it seems Lotte's intention is to immortalized EOE amongst great dramas like 'Jewel in the Palace' and 'Jumong' :w00t:B)

Lotte World is the equilavent to the United State's Disney World

http://www.lotteworld.com/Global_eng/Main.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotte_World

I have finished watching this drama a while ago and i can say that this drama is really nice

I love the whole story but i love GukJa couple more :P

EoE makes me falling in love once again with Song Seung Hun <3

But unfortunetely LDH had to leave the drama, if only she didn't leave i believe this drama would be more interesting

And for GukJa my fave couple, i'm glad that they got married in the end *dancing happily* :D

But i wonder about the ending, did Dong Chul really die?? if he did then how about the last scene where all the family are gathering in the house?yes,i read that some said it was in Dong Chul's vision only about what would happen to the family and that sucked,man!! :angry:

it'll be awesome if they made Dong Chul lives

overall this is one of the best dramas that i ever watched ^^

Archived