[Drama 2008] East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽

Guest kdramafanusa

Last night I watched 16 , 17 , 18 :D :D :D

I have no words . It keep me captivate and it's like i'm in that world :rolleyes: Always i'm so curious but i need to sleep as well. But , slowly i will finish EOE , altrough i will miss it after .

I like all the cast , good or bad characters - they all act so well . LeeDongChul remains the favorite , of course . Guk Ja or Grace , she is so sweet and has a strong personality - i like that . She fight for her loves one , she is able to give up on everything for him ... it's a little strange because usually the main character ( male ) will give up too for the woman he love but i can understand him ... But i was thinking a lot about this issue :P

There are so manu emotional moments , like it started ep . 16

Myung Hun tell Hyung to Lee dong Chul and he ask him " why would i be your hyung " - when you think about the true , that he is for sure his real brother ... it's touching . I can't wait the ep when they find out the true .

Why Lee Gi Sun call her brothers kun-oppa and jageun-oppa . Oppa is brother , ok . They has different names of that words . So , what's that mean ? Kun and Jageun ?

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why Lee Gi Sun call her brothers kun-oppa and jageun-oppa . Oppa is brother , ok . They has different names of that words . So , what's that mean ? Kun and Jageun ?

KS is born to the same father of DC and DW (techinically MH but she doesn't know this until later)

i believe it means...

-kun "older-eldest brother"

-ja keun "older-younger brother"

i could be wrong and it could mean vice versa :rolleyes:

i noticed KS said it when DC and DW are in the same room with her

Guest kazenai

^ that's correct (I believe)

@dany28, please take all your time watching it, the faster you watch the more you'll be addicted and the more ummm rash you'll get (in terms of feelings for this series)

hi everyone here!

I ve just starting to pick up this drama. Reading previous pages, I know one of the leading actresses has left in the middle - so how did this affect the drama as a whole? Because of this, the original plot was changed for sure rite?

Thks!

Kazenai - I wish I could to stay awake all night, but I have to sleep :P My baby falls asleep about 21 PM and i can watch it starting about 22 - 23 hour . Depends . Last night i saw just episods 19 and 20 . My baby wakes up early :D

During the day i can't watch it , because EOE need to focus at ...

But , definitely i enjoy it .

About what camp says - this actresses is Lee Da Hae ?

I read something once about her , but i don't remember . I know that i read somewhere that she and SSH will be lovers in EOE . I never could guess before start watching that Hye Rin will love Lee Dong Wook . I expected about what i was readed :D

I read elsewhere on sites - but now , i don't want to know anything before ... I'll see along the way what will be !!! :)

I noticed that in the drama is mentioned frequently as LDC is handsome :P

He really issssssssssssssssssss!

Guest speedlimitER

I just finished watching this drama, and I love it, it's worth to watch. The only thing I feel disappointed about is it's kinda long and I don't understand how it could have dragged up to 56 episodes. There are a lot of repeated crying senses, which made me feel boring sometimes. Overall, I like the whole story of the drama. It's a best drama by far for 2009

When Dong Chul and Lee da Hea met, I thought they would be together because their chemistry started showing and getting along so well. Suddenly, she got sent to Washington. I think they're gonna be a great couple. Gosh, Lee da hea is so pretty, can't get my eyes off of her..

Guest jennyluvSSH

I think it effected the drama somewhat, I was sad that Dahae had to leave because she's so pretty, I love her in My Girl drama with LDW, the actor

hi everyone here!

I ve just starting to pick up this drama. Reading previous pages, I know one of the leading actresses has left in the middle - so how did this affect the drama as a whole? Because of this, the original plot was changed for sure rite?

Thks!

I thought Seungheon oppa's character will be in love with Dahae's character in the end or towards the end of the drama, but she left the production. I heard the writer didn't evolve her character and her story in the drama that much towards the middle-end of the show. I guess it's understandable.

But oppa and Yeonhee also were good together, both have good chemistry, which is important.

About what camp says - this actresses is Lee Da Hae ?

I read something once about her , but i don't remember . I know that i read somewhere that she and SSH will be lovers in EOE . I never could guess before start watching that Hye Rin will love Lee Dong Wook . I expected about what i was readed :D

I read elsewhere on sites - but now , i don't want to know anything before ... I'll see along the way what will be !!! :)

I noticed that in the drama is mentioned frequently as LDC is handsome :P

He really issssssssssssssssssss!

I'm not really that much of a sad drama viewer, but I had to support Seungheon oppa :P he was so good here in EOE.

I just finished watching this drama, and I love it, it's worth to watch. The only thing I feel disappointed about is it's kinda long and I don't understand how it could have dragged up to 56 episodes. There are a lot of repeated crying senses, which made me feel boring sometimes. Overall, I like the whole story of the drama. It's a best drama by far for 2009

I think it effected the drama somewhat, I was sad that Dahae had to leave because she's so pretty, I love her in My Girl drama with LDW, the actor

I thought Seungheon oppa's character will be in love with Dahae's character in the end or towards the end of the drama, but she left the production. I heard the writer didn't evolve her character and her story in the drama that much towards the middle-end of the show. I guess it's understandable.

But oppa and Yeonhee also were good together, both have good chemistry, which is important.

I'm not really that much of a sad drama viewer, but I had to support Seungheon oppa :P he was so good here in EOE.

I think the original story was good: DW turned dark with his ambition, and the rivalry with his brother DC in his career pursuit, his family and love. The crash between the two brother would have been immense: DC took his love (HR), was an obstacle to him as a prosecutor, and was an enemy who wanted to destroy his father!

Besides, my friend told me originally, DC was to marry HR. Had that happened, EOE would have been more dramatic right, with DC married yet still loved YR. And so DC might not have to die in the original plot :) Too bad dahae left EOE unfinished, I want DC alive!

there's nothing we, as fans, could do to change the circumstances of what the writer did or didn't do, and nothing we could do about an actress who choose to leave willingly...

regardless of what happened, EOE is still a great drama to watch and is recognized as such by majority of Koreans and even until now, surprisingly, by many surrounding Asian countries...

the EOE wave continues... ;)

yes, they did!! :rolleyes:

yes, he was!! B)

I think the original story was good: DW turned dark with his ambition, and the rivalry with his brother DC in his career pursuit, his family and love. The crash between the two brother would have been immense: DC took his love (HR), was an obstacle to him as a prosecutor, and was an enemy who wanted to destroy his father!

90% of what you typed above happened...

DW's love was stolen by MH, he turned dark later due to his ambitions and his own righteousness (of justice) that blinded him to DC's ultimate purpose... to bring down STH (DC's vengence) and to defend his family (the promise he made to his father), but we all found out that vengence could not coincide and co-exist with love...

so then in the end DC was able to accept and "embrace good and bad" men...

"love wins"

Besides, my friend told me originally, DC was to marry HR. Had that happened, EOE would have been more dramatic right, with DC married yet still loved YR. And so DC might not have to die in the original plot :) Too bad dahae left EOE unfinished, I want DC alive!

yes, it would've been dramatic if it were to happen... but the writer didn't sway the story to such direction... many EOE fans didn't feel that way as well and we all watched it each week... it is true that some fans (including me) were waiting for it to happen... but it didn't...

many "percieved" it to be the case because of what articles have spread before EOE aired from the beginning...

but consitently it was reported that... only the writer knew how the story will developed...

-----------------------------------------------

an article briefly mentioned EOE... no surprise as to the contents B)

http://news.nate.com/view/20100113n07475

'한류스타' 송승헌-소녀시대, 문화부 장관 표창 수상

노컷뉴스 원문 기사전송 2010-01-13 11:03

13105057468_60800010.jpg

*rough translation

'Korean Wave star Song Seung Heon - Girls' Generation', Minister of Culture Award Recognition

Hallyu star Song Seung Heon and female pop group Girls' Generation were honored by Minister of Culture...

Drama 'Autumn in My Heart', Song Seung Heon rose to stardom as a Hallyu star. After his returning from military drama 'East of Eden' in Japan and other Asian countries showed off a reputation was not rust. B)

The drama 'East of Eden' starring Song Seung Heon, before the domestic broadcast in Japan the 5 billion won has become huge popularity in TBS seonsuchuldwae current terrestrial broadcasting in Japan. For the current Song Seung Heon, Joo Jin-mo, Kim Kang-woo, johanseon had taken on in the Hong Kong film 'A Better Tomorrow' Korea remake film 'mujeokja'.

*TSH

Guest jennyluvSSH

I guess you're right 2uss dearie, in fact, in the end it was probably best for all parties :)

I heard also from a co-worker that goes on business trips to Taiwan and the States, that EOE is big in Taiwan?

I know that EOE is very popular and huge in Japan, to no surprise, I think because Seungheon oppa is

super popular in that country, maybe second to their own pop star Yamapi. LOLs maybe she's giving me false info

because she's also a fan of oppa.

there's nothing we, as fans, could do to change the circumstances of what the writer did or didn't do, and nothing we could do about an actress who choose to leave willingly...

regardless of what happened, EOE is still a great drama to watch and is recognized as such by majority of Koreans and even until now, surprisingly, by many surrounding Asian countries...

the EOE wave continues... ;)

200810221004059c933.jpg

I really love this scene, both Yeonhee and oppa performed so great in it.

It was really pulling my heart strings when Dongchul wanted to hug Youngran back but he held back.

I cried, of course HA! :P

Guest taniyama_mai

hello everyone

where i can get the link for OST part 2?

i can't find it anywhere in this thread..

can someone tell me where i can find it?

thank you very much :wub:

I heard also from a co-worker that goes on business trips to Taiwan and the States, that EOE is big in Taiwan?

I know that EOE is very popular and huge in Japan, to no surprise, I think because Seungheon oppa is

super popular in that country, maybe second to their own pop star Yamapi. LOLs maybe she's giving me false info

because she's also a fan of oppa

i'm not exactly sure as to how big is EOE in Taiwan, but i remember back around April, a month after EOE finished airing in Korea, a slew of other Asian countries started to announced via reports, that they are gonna air EOE as well (in voice dubbed format)

specifically... in Taiwan, they did air promotional commercials on CTV...

and GTV...

and then i remembered... the winners or the top 3 of some kind of "Star Search" in Taiwan (like the American Idol franchise program) visited the station lot of that channel and took pictures with a Dong Chul life size board :lol: and from the pictures... it seems the channel just had a big EOE promotional press conference or was about to

http://www.ctv.com.tw/event/2009/eden/

news-1240997991330.jpg

news-1240997991710.jpg

*TSH

hello everyone

where i can get the link for OST part 2?

i can't find it anywhere in this thread..

can someone tell me where i can find it?

thank you very much :wub:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mkdq4s

or

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PTF0X982

source: http://asianosts.cjb.net/

I read on this thread so many things i didn't know about the synopsis . For me , it's just good enough how things do . Now that is true revelead , emotions are exploding in me too . It's so touching . I remember one scene i liked so much ... when LDC said in his office about the two things more precious than his life - his family and ... love . I watched that scene for few times . But , are so many moments unforgetable . All his appareance in the drama :D

And , yeah .. in the hospital with Guk Ja he said " Thank you Guk ja , even though i had a rough life , because i had love , i had days where i felt that life was beautiful . "

You know why that words are touching me ? Because i feel like him ... My life wasn't easy starting i met my husband . So many people tried to make me give up on him , or when we get married , after a few days he almost die , we have so many hardships , many our dreams was destroyed and my baby at 5 month was about to die ... finaly , always love , be loved and loving - just like that i was able to go on and see my life being wonderful .

I'm at episode 40 . I didn't cry , but i am out of my mind . My dvd now is on pause - EOE is waiting for me , so ... i say bye here .

See u . A big big hug to all of you ! :)

I read on this thread so many things i didn't know about the synopsis . For me , it's just good enough how things do . Now that is true revelead , emotions are exploding in me too . It's so touching . I remember one scene i liked so much ... when LDC said in his office about the two things more precious than his life - his family and ... love . I watched that scene for few times . But , are so many moments unforgetable . All his appareance in the drama :D

And , yeah .. in the hospital with Guk Ja he said " Thank you Guk ja , even though i had a rough life , because i had love , i had days where i felt that life was beautiful . "

ehehehe there are many more treasured moments in EOE than these :rolleyes:

but yes, they were memorable to me too

You know why that words are touching me ? Because i feel like him ... My life wasn't easy starting i met my husband . So many people tried to make me give up on him , or when we get married , after a few days he almost die , we have so many hardships , many our dreams was destroyed and my baby at 5 month was about to die ... finaly , always love , be loved and loving - just like that i was able to go on and see my life being wonderful .

ohhhh wow!!

i hope everything works out for you and your husband... what hardships you both went through :o

i think it makes EOE so valuable... it connects with "real-life" people :rolleyes:

Guest jennyluvSSH

My favorite moment in EOE has got to be the super long-longer than usual-kiss of Dongchul and Youngran.

I can just die if I'd kiss oppa like that :P of course, he is probably tired of kissing me in my dreams :lol:

OH! ::bites lips::

EastofEdenE55KOR090310HDTVXviD-E-17.jpg

But , are so many moments unforgetable . All his appareance in the drama :D

ehehehe there are many more treasured moments in EOE than these :rolleyes:

but yes, they were memorable to me too

Oh man , i am suffering with them , for sure . So strong emotions ! :rolleyes:

I have no tears , so , i'm strong , but it feels that emotions are about exploding from my heart and my soul is crying out .

I have 14 episodes left . It is a beautiful experience . Long , but it worths .

My favorite moment in EOE has got to be the super long-longer than usual-kiss of Dongchul and Youngran.

I can just die if I'd kiss oppa like that :P of course, he is probably tired of kissing me in my dreams :lol:

OH! ::bites lips::

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/Dan...TVXviD-E-17.jpg

ohhhh the ep 55 kissing scene on the lawn was indeed special and memorable :blush:

Oh man , i am suffering with them , for sure . So strong emotions ! :rolleyes:

I have no tears , so , i'm strong , but it feels that emotions are about exploding from my heart and my soul is crying out .

I have 14 episodes left . It is a beautiful experience . Long , but it worths .

EOE has the tendency to grab your innerself to have it explode due to

the magnitude of its messages and words spoken therein

amazing drama :rolleyes:

thank you , 2uss for the ost links

really really appreciate your help..

:wub:

you're welcome taniyama_mai :D

EOE fans help each other out :blush:

I have no more than 6 episodes .Two more tonight and only 4 remain ... And i feel a little regret that will be finished soon . I want to enjoy this experience for more time . For me , EOE and Cain & Abel are the best dramas i ever seen . But , every other one i saw , i liked much . Are so many good production . Not just dramas , a lot of movies too . :)

I missed Cain&Abel , and now i think it will be difficult to go over EOE , too :) I'll mis EOE , definitely .

One boring afternoon and i watch EoE again after a long time *of course i watched my fav parts* and well, i have to say that EoE is a GREAT drama i've ever watched :D. I know the drama focused on many problems, not only love. But i have to say that the love happened in it was great. I can't stop crying and groaning while watching.

How can they produce such a great love :mellow:. OMG. This love started with many pains, tears, hatred... but it ended with a sweet ending. All along the drama, the couple made us cry. Muynghoon was so in love with Jihyun and made her cry for his mistake. And Jihyun, because of her pain, because of her love for ex, because of her ambition, she made MH's heart break. I was feel so hurt while watching this love but how great when they finally can happy together with each other. Especially when MH said to JH in the prison that he did all the things for her not because his mistake in the past. He did it just because one reason, only ONE: he LOVES her. They went through a lot of problems, and his heart broken and broken many time, but in the end, he can NOT stop loving her- Jihyun.

I was crying while watching that scene. How can a man be so great?? The truth, it's the first time in my life, i can see such a pure love. Nothing in this life can change the love of this guy. And don't need the bloods *ooops*, don't need the beautiful scenes to say i love you, don't need the stupid actions or tears to say i love you, he was just staying beside her, helps her, watchs over her, takes care of her, does everything for her and of course, loves her and not even dares to dream of beloved back.

And Jihyun, i can feel her feelings for her husband change slowly. From the hatred, she began to feel his love and one day, she realized that she loves him too. That's great. Taeho's parents came back to each other and once in their life, they can feel the love of each other and happy in love *with their cute son :X*.

The ending scene was GREAT. I can see the love between them and i finally got a small smile. The drama was heavy, and this love, though it had many hurt scenes, i still found it very... well, i can't think of any words that match this love. It's out of words.

But however, EoE is GREAT. And the LOVE of MH-JH in it is GREAT too. One of my most fav drama.

Ah, after the drama, i fell deeply in love with Park Haejin and Han Jihye. I also love Jo Minki (SHin Taehwan) and Lee Dahae. Lee Dongwook? i was in love him from Taste sweet love keke.

And as i read from your posts, i must add some informations that EoE is very famous in Vietnam :lol:. ANd how happy that almost ppl around me love MH-JH. My auntie watched the film in silence and in the end, she told me that my idol (PHJ) and his partner were great. This couple also known as the most loved couple in our small poll after the drama B)

ps9.jpg

a PS fanmade by me :P Hope everyone loves it :)

Archived