[Drama 2008] East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽

Guest kdramafanusa

Guest catkatgirl92

I hope I read the article correctly. Yoo Dong-geun is not playing one of the 2 men borned on the same date, his role is Sin Tae-hwan. Sin Tae-hwan's son and Lee Gi-Cheol's son were switched at the hospital during the 60's.

Sin Tae-hwan 신태환 = Yoo Dong-geun 유동근

Lee Dong-cheol 이동철 = Song Seung-heon 송승헌

Lee Dong-wook 이동욱

Sin Myeong-hun 신명훈

Lee Gi-Cheol 이기철

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after three days of being glued to the TV... i finally finished EoE. and i gotta say, it's been quite a long time since i last watched a drama

so good. no dramas these days can even compare. it's definitely a master piece. at first i didn't want to watch it because i thought it was

just a bunch of pretty faces (which is funny cus i choked down BOF) but after i got the DVD, it was impossible to stop.

i won't rant on about 56 episodes cus that's... a lot. but one thing that i can not take is why did DC have to die??? he should've came back

to life! he's the only person in this drama that was against evil at all times (though he's done some bad) he saved so many people and he

only JUST got married...

it was definitely abrupt and nothing like i imagined. i thought DW would die...

well minus the last part, the drama was AMAZING. definitely recommended

(it's so hard for me to not... type out an essay of complaint though - and praise)

request

can someone link me to any DJ-DC or SSH-LYH vids? like awards or something

-Rebecca

Guest xrawritsvyx

wow. i totally love EoE. one friday night i got bored and decided to check it out cuz my cousin said it was really good. and damn what a good choice i made! the cast is VERY easy on the eyes, ahem especially SSH ;D the storyline is not like other kdramas that i've seen (except the end ;__; i cried buckets the whole last episode seriously). having watched this sorta alone since most people watched it when it was airing i kept up with this forum while watching, and i have to say thanks to all the people who contributed, you guys are so awesome! :)

no matter what, this drama will always be in my heart. <33

EoE fighting! ^^

please Vote for song seung heon and EOE ... Thanks ...

2009 서울드라마어워즈 Seoul Drama Awards (SDA)

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/event/sda2009/index.html

Voting Period: 13.7.09 - 30.08.09

- voting allowed once a day

- vote for Best Drama, Best Actor, Best Actress to complete vote

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/event/sda2009/en_vote_drama.html

Best Drama: vote for EOE

sda2009a.jpg

Best Actor: vote for SSH

sda2009b.jpg

cr:TSH

EOE Japan news B)

---------------------------------------------------

http://www.chosunonline.com/entame/20090717000035

記事入力 : 2009/07/17 09:46:15

『エデンの東』ミニトークイベントに2万通の応募が殺到!

682225199291380365.jpg

TBSで行われるイベント、夏Sacas‘09 Sacas Water ParkのオープニングDayスペシャルゲストとして招待を受けた俳優ソン・スンホンが18日、いよいよ赤坂サカスに登場する。

Sacasステージでは、『エデンの東』のTBSでの放送を記念した公開記者会見、そして、ファン対象のミニトークイベントが開催されるが、そのミニトークイベントの当選枠60組120名を求めて、応募期間の1週間でなんと約2万通の応募が殺到。当選確率300倍以上の狭き門となっていたことがわかった。

現在放送中の『エデンの東』も好評で、相変わらず高い人気ぶりを見せつけているソン・スンホン。久しぶりの訪日に、赤坂サカスはお祝いムード一色になること間違いない。

午後4時30分からの記者会見、それに続いて午後5時30分から行われるミニトークイベント共に、赤坂サカスのオープンステージでのイベントとあって、一目でも見に行きたいというファンで大混雑が予想される。それでも、青空の下、ソン・スンホンのキラキラ光る笑顔は、やはり見逃すことはできない。

ソン・スンホンは17日に日本入り。久しぶりの日本のファンとの交流を楽しみにしているとのことだ。

*rough translation

EOE mini-talk events flooded with over 20,000 ballot entries

- TBS Events, Summer Sacas '09 Sacas Water Park Opening Day, actor SSH is invited as special guest on 18th in Akasaka SAKASU.

- Sacas stage, the East of Eden, published a press conference in TBS broadcast of the memorial and the mini-talk events of 60 to 120 pairs (tickets), apply for a period of two weeks are flooded with applicants. Ballot probability is more than 300 times.

- Currently on the air SSH's East of Eden is popular show this year. The long visit, be sure SAKASU Akasaka Isshiki celebratory atmosphere.

- At 16:00hrs a 30 minute press conference following mini-talk events, and open stage SAKASU in Akasaka, the expected large crowds of fans also want to see at a glance. Nevertheless, under the blue sky, sparkling smile of Song Seung Heon, not to miss. starstruck.gif

- SSH arriving in Japan on 17th, looking forward to interact with fans in Japan after a long time.

*TSH

---------------------------------------------------

promotingDC.jpg

*TSH

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TammyHoang

does anyone have a link to episode 12? I tried to watch it on mysoju but its the wrong video! (no download links please)

I've watched up to ep12, it's freaking good!

I'm quite frustrated with LDC's mother. I understand that she has her reasons to do that but at same time, she often misunderstood LDC and regarded him as the bad son of hers. It made me cry so much to this point where I despite her for her cruel actions. Why can't she know her own son instead of believing other's rumors. :(

Not only LDC, I also feel bad for KJH... especially when LDC's mother asked her not to get close with LDW but get marry with SMH, what a nerve she dared to ask her like that. Even worse, she never thought of how much KJH suffered and didn't do what LDW wanted, she pissed me off greatly. :angry:

And lastly, Grace is so annoying. <_<

***soon will watch ep13 :D***

does anyone have a link to episode 12? I tried to watch it on mysoju but its the wrong video! (no download links please)

hi TammyHoang...

this might be a late response, but here...

http://www.viikii.net/videos/watch/2362/0/...-12-part-1.html

(i just checked it's working so far)

I've watched up to ep12, it's freaking good!

I'm quite frustrated with LDC's mother. I understand that she has her reasons to do that but at same time, she often misunderstood LDC and regarded him as the bad son of hers. It made me cry so much to this point where I despite her for her cruel actions. Why can't she know her own son instead of believing other's rumors. :(

hi kitkat

CH is indeed very cruel -- part of her character of the head of the family

at this point in her life she has only one purpose...which is to treasure DW's future (to be a Prosecutor)

as for DC...she was disappointed that for his actions (which is to save her) but justice overlooks kindness in her eyes...

it will be until later you will find out how she will be...

Not only LDC, I also feel bad for KJH... especially when LDC's mother asked her not to get close with LDW but get marry with SMH, what a nerve she dared to ask her like that. Even worse, she never thought of how much KJH suffered and didn't do what LDW wanted, she pissed me off greatly. :angry:

KJH was is an illegitimate child

(viewers assumed her mother was raped -- therefore father was a criminal)

in conservative Korea... you will be looked down upon if you're born in such a state...

CH (DW's mother), see her as not the right woman for her 'perfect' son DW

And lastly, Grace is so annoying. <_<

***soon will watch ep13 :D***

Young Ran in the beginning was indeed very annoying, ignorant and mean... especially towards Dong Chul :tears:

but as a fan of Dong Chul and Young Ran --- please do look at her through Dong Chul's eyes and you will understand

so hang in there... there will be many twists in the great journey of EOE ;)

----------------------------------------------

SSH on the day of arriving in Japan visits TBS channel studio where EOE Japan's production takes place

shvisiteoestudio.jpg

*TSH

Guest Arishay

Maybe someone know where can I download HDTV 720p version of last 56 Episode (East of Eden)..

I have all Episodes but I deleted accidentally my last episode

Guest wednesday

hi! this is my 1st time posting in this thread.im sorry but i really can't help myself cause im sooo disappointed at the last episode.after sacrificing himself many times to the people he loves can't they just let the guy be at least happy in the end??i really wanted shin tae-hwan to go jail and be punished for all his sins and not to die just like that.the drama is really good! superb acting..great cast but the ending is really disappointing.

Guest saewol

hye everyone( i hope atleast more than 2 people are still reading this thread)..i just wanna say my opinion about this drama.

its is definitely a very very good drama overall.the flow is just right.the feeling is very warming. and i think the ending is just good.i finally get what the writer is trying to tell. but honestly i can't let this drama go.i just keep on watching this drama over and over again. this is so addictive..

but i've searched youtube videos. i am still looking for any ng&bts videos. i just found less than 30 ngs. and no english-subbed. i hope if anyone you(who is reading now) could kindly tell me where i can find eng-subbed videos and its related to east of eden.. please message me..that would make my life more happier..

and FYI,Drama east of eden is currently airing at Brunei TV. hehe

hye everyone( i hope atleast more than 2 people are still reading this thread)..

hi saewol :blush:

i just wanna say my opinion about this drama.

its is definitely a very very good drama overall.the flow is just right.the feeling is very warming. and i think the ending is just good.i finally get what the writer is trying to tell.but honestly i can't let this drama go.i just keep on watching this drama over and over again. this is so addictive..

i'm glad that you liked the ending...

as a Dong Chul fan it took some time for me to recover eheheh :rolleyes:

but in the end... it was an amazing journey :D

for a melodrama... EOE was indeed a successful drama... for you to have finish it until the end

deserves in itself a compliment ;)

and FYI,Drama east of eden is currently airing at Brunei TV. hehe

that's great!! :D

from what i know/heard so far...

EOE is showing in Japan, Singapore, Taiwan, China, USA, Phillippines (maybe later in the year??), Brunei (from you)

i'm sure there are other contries that i may not have listed... since i'm not sure

Guest saewol

hahaha.. HI 2USS

wow! that was a very fast reply. i thought it may take few days for the replies.

now i'm just glad that there is someone still reading in this forum. :lol: :lol:

and i'm very happy this drama is and are currently at many countries. i hope it'll be known and loved..hehe

and i'm telling ya,people here are currently into this drama and sticking to this one..its episode 29 here(if i'm not mistaken)..haha and i still watch it at tv too. haha

hahaha.. HI 2USS

wow! that was a very fast reply. i thought it may take few days for the replies.

now i'm just glad that there is someone still reading in this forum. :lol: :lol:

ehehhe majority of soompiers have moved on to other dramas :D

but i'm here... and i'll respond when i see a post here and there...

and i'm very happy this drama is and are currently at many countries. i hope it'll be known and loved..hehe

and i'm telling ya,people here are currently into this drama and sticking to this one..its episode 29 here(if i'm not mistaken)..haha and i still watch it at tv too. haha

ohhh... ep 29...the birth revelation plot is about to begin!! HANG ON TIGHT!! well since you've seen it already

if you have friends/family next to you who haven't... tell them to HANG ON TIGHT!! :rolleyes: twists and

turns on the way soon!!

Guest saewol

haha i know! the best is yet to come! omg this drama is so good. the content is so solid and classic.its just very meaningful story behind everything. know what happen to lee yeon hee&song seung heon now? god i miss action between them..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LuVsTaR

OMG!!!..i'm almost done with the movie..it's so NERVE RECKING.....i feel like CHOKING DONG WOOK!!!!...but it's true he wants to work as a good prosecutor with "EVIDENCE." ARGGG!!...it pisses me off so bad ....ah i just needed to relieve some stress...

Does anyone know what song this is?

I couldn't find it in either OST 1 or OST 2 :(

It starts at 8:24

http://www.mysoju.com/east-of-eden/episode-39/part-1/

Thanks in advance! :)

hi l0vel0vek0rean :D

the song is called "A Sad Story Sadder Than Sadness" or "More Than Blue" by Kim Bum Soo

it was slated to be in the Movie with the same title...

MBC owned the rights of the movie (or majority invested in it) and decided to release it with East Of Eden

the song "Can You Hear Me Now" by Lee Sung Chul was for this movie as well and was played regularly

for Dong Chul and Young Ran's love theme in East of Eden

Archived