[Drama 2008] East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽

Guest kdramafanusa

Guest l0vel0vek0rean

hi l0vel0vek0rean :D

the song is called "A Sad Story Sadder Than Sadness" or "More Than Blue" by Kim Bum Soo

it was slated to be in the Movie with the same title...

MBC owned the rights of the movie (or majority invested in it) and decided to release it with East Of Eden

the song "Can You Hear Me Now" by Lee Sung Chul was for this movie as well and was played regularly

for Dong Chul and Young Ran's love theme in East of Eden

Hi 2uss!! :D

Thank you so much!! I loved the song the first time I heard it and I've been looking all over for it but couldn't find it lol

It's Kim Bum Soo!! That's right, I was like, his voice is awfully familiar XD

I also love "Can you hear me", hehe :P

Sigh I'm only on episode 40, still have like 16 episodes to go lol!

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi 2uss!! :D

Thank you so much!! I loved the song the first time I heard it and I've been looking all over for it but couldn't find it lol

It's Kim Bum Soo!! That's right, I was like, his voice is awfully familiar XD

I also love "Can you hear me", hehe :P

Sigh I'm only on episode 40, still have like 16 episodes to go lol!

:D:D

it will go by really fast...

so many intense moments to go...

so hang on tight for twists and turns... in this journey of EOE ^_^

Just finished watching the ending, which I have to say that it totally sucked.

Why cant the writer just let DW die? After what he has done to DC, all the absolutely ridiculous things.

DW does not deserve to be saved by DC at all... AT ALLLL

He should just go and die...

And after what DC and YR gone through, they had to be separated AGAIN???

Don;t these two deserve their own happiness??? ARGH what is wrong with the script writer??!!

Just finished watching the ending, which I have to say that it totally sucked.

Why cant the writer just let DW die? After what he has done to DC, all the absolutely ridiculous things.

DW does not deserve to be saved by DC at all... AT ALLLL

He should just go and die...

And after what DC and YR gone through, they had to be separated AGAIN???

Don;t these two deserve their own happiness??? ARGH what is wrong with the script writer??!!

:(:(

wish DC could've lived too -_-

Guest kazenai

EoE gives off the heartbrake disease, doesn't it?

Every month, there'll be a couple of people who finish watching it and release their stress and sadness on this thread.

We can all probably relate to these symptoms lol

ahhhh....stupid screen writer who managed to get us addicted!

EoE gives off the heartbrake disease, doesn't it?

Every month, there'll be a couple of people who finish watching it and release their stress and sadness on this thread.

We can all probably relate to these symptoms lol

ahhhh....stupid screen writer who managed to get us addicted!

EOE is indeed memorable... in the end it stays in your heart...

a bit off topic... there are articles that viewers see the drama "Swallow The Sun" like EOE.. and Ji Sung's character to Song Seung Heon's character ^_^ further evidence that EOE is still in people's hearts

although i hope in STS that he, Ji Sung, will live :rolleyes:

Actually I stopped watching EOE when I found out that DC died, but decided to continue again.after rewatching GukJa couple scenes.

And I am glad that I actually stucked with it till the end

But right now, I am having the DongChul-YoungRan withdrawal. :(

SSH & LYH should really start dating offscreen together.. they look so good together and their chemistry is just amazing ^_^

Just can't get enough of their scenes LOL :wub:

Actually I stopped watching EOE when I found out that DC died, but decided to continue again.after rewatching GukJa couple scenes.

And I am glad that I actually stucked with it till the end

But right now, I am having the DongChul-YoungRan withdrawal. :(

SSH & LYH should really start dating offscreen together.. they look so good together and their chemistry is just amazing ^_^

Just can't get enough of their scenes LOL :wub:

ohh you're such a fighter :rolleyes: it takes a lot to go through those scenes at

the end... there are some SSH fans that believe it or not may still be grieving and yet to recover from the shock :(

but yes, DC and YR's moments were the anti-dote (for me, personally) to a tragic end of this drama... just to reminisce

the scenes of them together and the back and forth of the yelling :lol: (mostly from YR :P ) it really made the drama a

worthwhile experience and journey to behold... :D

Guest kazenai

When Jisung had medium length hair at teh beginning in StS, He totally pulled off a Dong Chul look lmao.....In some angles he looked like him.....

in the end....I love EoE more than any other drama.....the cliffhangers at teh end of each episode was exciting...the writing was twisted but never once was I bored nor complain (excluding DC's death), when Da Hae left, I didnt care since I wanted ChulJa...but I did miss her strong personality as a reporter. Overall....as much as people will keep talking bad about it...it's still my most favourite (#1) drama

Guest <3 Yunho <3

Hi everyone,

I wonder if you guys can help me pls, I'm looking for the song that DC sang on stage for YR when they ran away and it was also played when DC went to see YR before her wedding with Mike. I love this song so much!!!

Thank you very much in advance!

Guest piemin

i'm not sure if this is allowed but... can anyone afford UPLOADING all the Seunghun (DC) x Yeonhee (YH) moments in the drama?

anykind of pic is fine with me - official photos/caps (in good quality if possible)/press confers etc.

i'm being so crazy about this couple but i think to search their pics among 600 pages is... impossible task. +_+

thanks a lot! x":

--------------------------------------------

this drama has the sad ending which really makes me cry. ;_; it should have ended in ep 55. ;_; ohhh poor my Youngran.

Hi everyone,

I wonder if you guys can help me pls, I'm looking for the song that DC sang on stage for YR when they ran away and it was also played when DC went to see YR before her wedding with Mike. I love this song so much!!!

Thank you very much in advance!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PTF0X982

the song is track #4

i'm not sure if this is allowed but... can anyone afford UPLOADING all the Seunghun (DC) x Yeonhee (YH) moments in the drama?

anykind of pic is fine with me - official photos/caps (in good quality if possible)/press confers etc.

i'm being so crazy about this couple but i think to search their pics among 600 pages is... impossible task. +_+

thanks a lot! x":

it's a lot of work and might be too much for any one fan to do by themselves...

i uploaded a video of a cute moment between DC/YR in ep 55 (the snowfight scenes---so classic!!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J4iW8TpT38

but if you click on various related videos there are COUNTLESS DC/YR videos... which may interest you

thanks a lot! x":

--------------------------------------------

this drama has the sad ending which really makes me cry. ;_; it should have ended in ep 55. ;_; ohhh poor my Youngran.

I found some of our Gukja moments in EOE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF4XVZcEvF8

Credit: uploader

I've just started to watch this serie and it's interesting.

But i don't understand why everybody like myung hung : this is the person i dislike a lot after his "father".

I've just started to watch this serie and it's interesting.

But i don't understand why everybody like myung hung : this is the person i dislike a lot after his "father".

dear mylinh :blush:

Park Hae Jin's character, Myung Hun, is a very important character in EOE...

just like in any other dark malodrama with twists and mystery (mystery that we, the audience know from the beginning)

it's was such a treat watching MH's storyline...

without going further into it and spoiling it for you... the amazing story of DC's and MH's journey in EOE, in terms of their journey of revelations and involving loyalty and brotherhood is amazing!!... it was such an enjoyable-memorable-intense-twisted-CRAZZYYY journey that MH took us in EOE... and WHAT A RIDE!!!! :rolleyes:

in the end... you can't help but feel for MH... even when you admit to yourself now that you hate his character...his deep and inner conflicted struggles that he must fight will win your heart... of course everyone will have their own personal preference of EOE ;):D

Guest honeybear

im only in episode 5 for this drama .. but i dont know why .. i find seung hoon's mother .. her role is soo good.. I really love it! It's very sad and touching

Guest jennyluvSSH

I love actress Lee Misuk's role as the mother of the 2 brothers. It was difficult to always be on her side at times because of her matriarchal ways of handling things in the family. But I'm glad that Dongchul was always loving despite of it all until the end and didn't think anything negative against his mother.

im only in episode 5 for this drama .. but i dont know why .. i find seung hoon's mother .. her role is soo good.. I really love it! It's very sad and touching

• 2 weeks later...
Guest honeybear

I love actress Lee Misuk's role as the mother of the 2 brothers. It was difficult to always be on her side at times because of her matriarchal ways of handling things in the family. But I'm glad that Dongchul was always loving despite of it all until the end and didn't think anything negative against his mother.

yea i totally agree.. the part where she shows her strong side of her, but actually she miss her elder son a lot .. i think thats very good..

do u knw if she's in any other older dramas ..

Guest jennyluvSSH

Asian matriarchal households are usually like that, I think. In the beginning of East of Eden, Dongchul's mom was the most assertive and aggressive in character comparedto Lee Kichul in my view. So, when he was murdered, she had to be strong for the family, and I agree with you that she misses Dongchul a lot. I think it was in epi 6 or 7 where she cried alone at the kitchen after hearing news from the priest that Dongchul was alive, it was a very tearie scene, where I also cried :tears:

I saw Lee Misook in another drama a few years back called Great Inheritence starred by Han Jimin, very cute story.

I also saw her in the movie An Affair back in the late 90s, a very provocative movie about a cheating wife.

yea i totally agree.. the part where she shows her strong side of her, but actually she miss her elder son a lot .. i think thats very good..

do u knw if she's in any other older dramas ..

Guest honeybear

Asian matriarchal households are usually like that, I think. In the beginning of East of Eden, Dongchul's mom was the most assertive and aggressive in character comparedto Lee Kichul in my view. So, when he was murdered, she had to be strong for the family, and I agree with you that she misses Dongchul a lot. I think it was in epi 6 or 7 where she cried alone at the kitchen after hearing news from the priest that Dongchul was alive, it was a very tearie scene, where I also cried :tears:

I saw Lee Misook in another drama a few years back called Great Inheritence starred by Han Jimin, very cute story.

I also saw her in the movie An Affair back in the late 90s, a very provocative movie about a cheating wife.

Yeah, I remember that scene, in fact there were several scenes which shows her motherly love for her son, and how much she misses him deep down her heart.. which were all very teary. I cried in most of them in fact .. haha ...

Are those dramas still available to watch, either online or any shops in Singapore which i can purchase them..

From my search I found out that she was in a movie with BYJ called Untold Scandal. How long ago was that?Cos I can't seem to find it in Singapore.. I thought it was only 2 years back or something??

Another question to ask, Did Lee Misook win any award for this drama? I remember seeing that she won the MBC Female Excellence Award for 2008.. but another website showed that the winner was Han Ji Hye? ?

Archived