Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

Guest ElinaG

@lorac there are english subs for Flowers in fog. you can see it on youtube and on viki.com, besides, there are russian subtitles if it helps :)

Guest Ding Lin

@lorac~~
The writer and producer of "Flowers in Fog" is a famous Taiwanese writer.  She wrote dozens of romantic novels and produced a lot of TV dramas.  Joo Jin Mo was selected by her.
The character was a France-born Chinese who was never been to any Chinese-speaking countries. So, the producer needed a foreign-looking actor to play the character.  They have been looking for Chinese speaking actors from China, Taiwan, Hong-Kong, Singapore, but could not find a good candidate (according to the article, the production team screened more than 100 actors).  Finally, somebody suggested "how about a Korean actor?"   Joo Jin Mo was finally chosen after the producer watched "A frozen flower".  He was chosen because of his expressive eyes!!
JJM had doubts in the beginning so that they talked to him for a whole month and finally convinced him. He was treated like a real big star in the drama :)! His pay was super high!!  I heard that he earned 3-year income via this drama!!!   

Also, I think he switched to his current company because of the drama.  His current company has a Chinese branch.  

I am not an avid k-drama person but maybe i will now because of him. I do not like the androgynous look of some of the koean actors. He doest have the typical Korean look if you ask me. And he just so manly and sexy. JJM captured my heart in Frozen Flower all because of his expressive eyes! His acting is just amazing. In fact, I discover him only 3 months ago and I watched Empress Ki just because of him. And that sealed the love I have for him. I hope he has another drama soon.

Guest lorac

DingLIng said: Joo Jin Mo was finally chosen after the producer watched "A frozen flower".  He was chosen because of his expressive eyes!!
Well, they got that right! So, is Flowers and Fog a Taiwanese drama or Chinese? I knew it was on Youtube, but I really dislike watching long dramas on the computer. Maybe I'll try one episode with subtitles and see how it goes.
Empress Ki has been such an emotional roller coaster ride that I've had to resort to rewatching Queen of the Game. At least no one dies in this one... well, maybe the father does.

Guest Ding Lin

> Is Flowers and Fog a Taiwanese drama or Chinese?  
It is a collaborative project of Taiwan and China.  It was first shown in China and it is currently showing in Taiwan.  

elina.gor: If you are watching Empress Ki you should join us at the soompi WangNyang thread.http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2022113/official-wangnyang-ek-ep47-maha-yah-i-m-your-father-p213-joo-jin-mo-ha-ji-won/p219@Ding Lin is a major contributor there. You will meet many who love JJM and it is very heartwarming there too.

Guest ElinaG

@pokerdots thank for invitation, but I don't ship SN/WY couple. I only favorite JJM as an actor so I don't really care what he does as long as I can see him on a screen. But I stop by in that thread from time to time too :)

Wow, thank you @Ding Lin for the info, i heard that korean actors love taking chinese dramas or movies because the paycheck is like 20 times higher than korea.

JJM korean fans on JJM DC are currently complaining for the lack of interview of Joo Jin Mo, they are requesting it, after they have seen that even the actor playing Golta had it.

Guest Ding Lin

Here is an interview of Joo Jin Mo about Flowers in Fog. 

There are actually quite a  few articles about JJM in Flower in Fog, but I lost the links.  I will share with you, if I can find any. 
 According to the interviews, JJM enjoyed his experience with the Chinese production team.  His favorite part is that Chinese dramas do not show until the whole dramas are complete so that there is no rating pressure or changes of the scripts during filming. In fact, he told some Chinese fans  that he would love to spend one year in Korea and one year in China in the future, if he  is given the chance  :)!! 
 If he really likes to play in Chinese dramas, I hope he can learn Chinese so that no dubbed voice is needed!  His voice is a big part of his charm.  We need to hear his own voice!! :) 

Guest anjshin

Hopefully we can see our dear JJM oppa in his next project as soonest like Baek Jin Hee and Jin Yi Han :) . As I observed he didn't accepted any CF projects and announced up coming movies like the others.  :D Fighting Jin Mo oppa.,  :-bd :-*

@anjshin : what i've noticed is that Fantagio isn't even trying to promote Joo Jin Mo, they are releasing every week tons of BTS pics of  Jung Gyu Won (GG14D), Lee Min Jung the other actors of cunning single lady which happened to be on the same company as Joo Jin Mo but rarely him. Is he in bad term with his company? because Ha Jung Woo, Kim Sun Ah and Joo Jin Mo are the biggest stars of this agency, it doesn't seem like they are treating him that well :-? :-?

All agencies of EK's cast are busy mediaplaying the performance of their actors as for joo jin mo, nothing, even the korean fans are shocked about that, when he's in fact gettin' many praises for his acting and his popularity increased after EK.

here an another pic of JJM with other top actors :

tumblr_n44loc92nL1ttrv8oo2_1280.jpg

Guest anjshin

@sarah.lina maybe? or he's just very reserved. :) It's like not taking CF contracts or other projects when there's already a commitment to other. I really hope his next work will be with KimEunSuk nim. :D:D:D