Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

Joo Jin Mo’s Phone Hacked + Hacker Threatening To Reveal Personal Data

ac3012d682b946a78e6960c227aeb4ea.jpeg?s=

On January 7, Joo Jin Mo’s agency revealed that the actor’s personal cellphone was hacked.

According to the agency’s statement, the hacker is threatening to reveal Joo Jin Mo’s personal information unless they are given money and valuables.

Read the full statement below:

Hello. This is Hwayi Brothers Korea.

This is our official statement regarding actor Joo Jin Mo.

We have recently confirmed that Joo Jin Mo’s personal cellphone was hacked. His privacy is being violated for being a celebrity, and [the hacker] is threatening to reveal his personal data to media outlets and demanding money and valuables.

To protect the actor’s privacy and prevent further damage, Hwayi Brothers Korea will take legal measures based on the data gathered.

Moreover, we inform you in advance that in the case that reports based on false facts, reports that violate [Joo Jin Mo’s] privacy, or inaccurate and indiscriminate content are spread or reported, we will inevitably have to take legal action to protect the actor’s privacy. We ask media outlets for their kind understanding regarding this matter, and we ask for their cooperation.

We clearly state that we will take strong legal action without any leniency against violations of privacy, blackmail, or other behavior that threatens the artist, including this case. We will continue to do our best to protect our artist.

Moreover, we consider blackmailing and demanding money and valuables by taking advantage of [Joo Jin Mo’s] status as a public figure to be a vicious crime, and we politely ask you to refrain from overinterpreting the matter or reporting on facts that are not confirmed.

Thank you.

Source (1) / soompi news

Top Photo Credit: Xportsnews

[Newsmaker] Hacking of top celebrities prompts rumors, warnings

Several South Korean celebrities whose phones were recently hacked are struggling to prevent the spread of their photos and rumors on the internet and messenger apps. Some have issued warnings of legal action. 

20200112000140_0.jpg
Actor Joo Jin-mo (Yonhap)

Earlier on Thursday, the police said they had launched a probe into a case where about 10 celebrities, including famous actors and members of K-pop groups, allegedly had their phones hacked. The police said the hacker blackmailed the victims by threatening to leak their personal data.

The previous day, actor Joo Jin-mo’s agency, Huayi Brothers, said through an official statement that Joo’s phone was hacked and warned of legal action against the hacker who had threatened Joo.

On Friday, the internet was shaken with several images that allegedly contained personal messages shared between the 46-year-old actor and his close actor friend. The messages included pictures of women and vulgar comments made by the two men about the women in the pictures.

While the pictures and their sources have not been verified yet, the files spread fast through social media, along with rumors. As the public made guesses as to who might be involved in the scandal, the names of several high-profile celebrities made the headlines and topped the search engine rankings that day. Joo’s wife -- a well-known doctor -- even closed her social media account in response to the attention from the public.

Following the spread of the pictures, Joo’s agency on Friday sent a warning against the rumormongers.

“We are planning to officially ask the investigative authorities to launch a probe into the rumors about Joo, which have been spreading through online social media and mobile messenger applications,” the agency said in the statement.

“Regardless of how the rumors are spread, those reproducing and dispersing them will face strict judicial actions and will be made to take responsibility,” the agency said.

Meanwhile, Samsung Electronics released an official statement reassuring its users that the recent hacking event does not indicate any flaw in the security of their Galaxy phones or Samsung Cloud services.

By Choi Ji-won (jwc@heraldcorp.com)

[HanCinema's News] Police Confirm Investigation into Joo Jin-mo's Phone Hack

photo1142910.jpg

On January 15th the Cyber Investigations Department of the Seoul Police confirmed that they were looking into the hacking of Joo Jin-mo's phone. The official statement suggests that while the original crime was visited upon Joo Jin-mo, the focus of the investigation is on secondary victims to the hacking.

Many non-celebrities had their images posted online without redaction in the Joo Jin-mo leak.

According to the Information and Communication Network Act section 70-1, defamation in this manner carries a legal penalty of up to three years in prison and a thirty thousand dollar fine. Deliberately false defamatory information exposed in this manner increases these limits to seven years in prison with a fifty thousand dollar fine.

The large number of victims in this case means the hacker will almost certainly face severe punishment if caught, regardless of whether Joo Jin-mo or Jang Dong-gun want to press charges. Though none of the released material from the cell phone hack clearly depicts illegal acts, the police consider the personal conversations and images of women in bathing suits that have been released to be sufficiently defamatory to those persons involved who did not grant their consent to the leak.

Written by William Schwartz

*** I can only imagine the hardship he's going through right now. But, I support his stand especially for not giving in and paying those hackers!  It seems that it's really dangerous to lose your mobile phone in SK especially if you're a celebrity like him.  It's right that he doesn't bow down to these kinds of people.  I admire him for his courage. :lol:

oo Jin Mo Explains Why He Didn’t Pay Hackers + Claims Text Messages Were Partially Fabricated

25698318b9d74d90ab0533c2da255fe2.jpeg?s=

Joo Jin Mo and his legal representatives have released new statements regarding the hacking of his phone.

Earlier this month, Joo Jin Mo’s agency Huayi Brothers revealed that his cell phone had been hacked and that the hackers were threatening to release personal information if they were not paid. When Joo Jin Mo did not pay the hackers, they sent his KakaoTalk messages to multiple media outlets and threatened the actor once again. Ultimately, the messages were posted on various online communities, and Huayi Brothers released an official statement warning that they would take legal action against spreading of the hacked information.

On January 16, Joo Jin Mo released his own personal statement about the incident in which he explained his decision not to pay the hackers and apologized to his fans and acquaintances. (His full statement can be found at the end of this article.)

The actor also claimed that there was “malicious editing and distortion” of his text messages, a claim that was repeated in an official statement published by his legal representatives on the same day. Attorneys Chun Jae Min, Yoo Young Suk, and Kang Tae Hoon of Barun Law wrote that after Joo Jin Mo repeatedly refused to pay the hackers, they “ultimately spread the above text messages on online communities after maliciously editing part of the messages.”

The attorneys continued, “While we are undoubtedly concerned about this kind of hacking and illegal extortion, what we find even more regrettable is that because the personal text messages that were released in this criminal manner were quickly spread through various outlets to the public and distorted, there arose misunderstandings about the actor’s personal life—and that because of this, the media and public are more focused on criticizing and reproving the actor for his personal life rather than protecting the victim of hacking and criminal extortion.”

The law firm went on to announce that it would be filing criminal charges against the hackers for both illegal hacking and attempted extortion that same day. It then warned that it also planned to take both legal action against the people who had posted and spread Joo Jin Mo’s text messages on online communities, as well as those who defamed his character by claiming he was a criminal.

Finally, Joo Jin Mo’s legal representatives released the following letter penned by Joo Jin Mo:

Hello, this is actor Joo Jin Mo.

First, I apologize to my acquaintances who have suffered damages because of me, to my fans who have cared for me all these years, and to the many people watching over me. I myself am currently finding it hard to breathe easy each and every day because of this incident.

About two months ago, the criminal hackers suddenly sent me a text message on my phone using my real name. Above all else, when they contacted me and sent me my personal information that they had obtained through illegal hacking, I was beyond shocked—I was extremely afraid.

When I did not respond to this kind of criminal behavior, they kept coming at me by sending me photos of my passport, my ID card, and my driver’s license, as well as the personal information of my wife, my family, and my fellow celebrities, which I had stored on my cell phone. It was to the point where I felt dizzy.

I came to the conclusion that if I chose to yield to their threats, they would not stop and would continue to bother me afterwards. I also decided not to submit to their threats and attempts at extortion because I thought that [if I did so,] it might negatively affect other celebrities or famous individuals who are currently receiving the same kind of threats, or that it might lead to further crimes.

However, because of this, there was unintentional damage caused to my acquaintances who were mentioned in my text messages. It has reached the point where I don’t even know how to apologize to the women who were mentioned in my text messages, whether I will even be able to apologize. I bow my head and ask for forgiveness.

I also found it frightening and hard to watch as rumors about me were spread at an alarming rate and, due to malicious editing and distortions, things I did not do were reported as fact.

I did not commit the immoral act of secretly taking photos of women’s bodies and spreading them.

I have heard that even now, many people are receiving threats. I ask that you not yield to the threats no matter what.

They will use the situation that has unfolded due to my text messages being released as a way to convince victims to quickly make deposits, and they will continue with their extortion and blackmail.

I have a precious wife and family. They have been wounded by the threatening messages that were sent with the goal of extortion, and it has been extremely difficult for me to watch. However, I still think that it is right not to submit to threats or extortion. If I had easily agreed to their demands, then I would have encouraged further crimes, and there would be even more victims.

Finally, I would like to sincerely apologize once again to my many fans and the people who have suffered secondhand damage. 

I will use this incident to look back on my life and reflect, and I will always work hard to become a better person. Thank you.

Source (1) (2) / soompi news

*** According to Joo Jin-mo, hackers gained access to his phone two months previously via a fraudulent message requesting personal information. I guess there's a possibility of a broader conspiracy in this case.  When he did not respond to the threat aimed at bullying a financial reward out of him, resulting in further, intensified blackmailing by the hackers. ^_^ What he did was good. I hope people will calm down with the judgement. A lot of people have some private conversations like this, which they would never wanted to be public. The text message screenshots, which appeared on many websites last week, have now been deleted. Police are urging people not to distribute the screenshots. Sigh.....regardless of the investigation and legal consequences, the incident has greatly tarnished his image.

• 4 weeks later...

Romantic Korean Dramas On Netflix To Sweeten Your Valentine’s Week

Ready your K-Drama marathon essentials and ride the romantic vibe this Valentine’s week!

Netflix laid out a saccharine plan for you to feel warm especially if you are single or your V-Day celebration unfortunately encountered a rain check.

Guaranteed to delight with heart-fluttering moments, these suggested Korean dramas are only a few taps away from Netflix through your mobile devices.

This is My Love

A man’s unrequited romance to a woman who keeps being separated from him by fate spins the story of My Love Eun Dong. It narrates a love story so blissful and agonizing as if it came straight from a classic love novel.

The love triangle is in a helpless state trying to break out from that suffocating bind. This is My Love uses a strong narrative which will put the audience on an emotional dilemma in finding a solution for everyone to be happy.

It leaves a lesson that love involves two people loving each other the best way they can and not how the people around them understands it.

PicsArt_01-31-12.35.01.png

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : HelloKpop

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

*** I am done watching his drama, "Big Issue" - I don't have any negative feeling towards the drama. What's NICE about it is how you can easily get back on-board the story if you miss a few episodes. I love the story. I find the drama good. :P

• 3 weeks later...

*** I'm glad that his mobile phone hacker who blackmailed him has been arrested. This was obviously an invasion of privacy. I pity some other more celebrities who became victims especially these actors who are good family men & superstars at that!  ^_^

• 5 months later...

[HanCinema's News] Culprits Behind the Hacking of Ha Jung-woo and Joo Jin-mo's Phones Sentenced

photo1240284.jpg

Oh September 24th at two in the afternoon the Seoul Central District Court issued a judgment regarding the four persons found to have hacked the phones of various celebrities. Two of the persons were sisters with the surname Kim, while the other two were their husbands. The younger Kim sister was sentenced to five years, her husband thirty months. The older Kim sister received a sixteen month sentence with three years probation.

Her husband received an eighteen month sentence.

The court expressed a desire to set a firm example as to the rights of celebrities to have private lives via the sentences. They made particular note of how attempted extortion on the part of the Kim sisters elevated the crime to a much more serious level of indisputable criminality. However, the court also acknowledged that the various defendants appeared to have reflected sincerely on their poor behavior, which is why the sentences were not even harsher than that.

The four persons hacked the phones of eight celebrities, among them Ha Jung-woo and Joo Jin-mo, back in February and March. Of the eight victims, five of them responded to the threats of the blackmailers by sending goods totaling around five hundred thousand dollars in value. The four defendants are ethnic Koreans, but only recently naturalized citizens, having originally hailed from China. The elder sister had also been involved in a ransom scheme involving mom cameras.

Prior to the extortion Joo Jin-mo's Kakao chat logs were leaked back in January as apparent proof of concept that the blackmailers were serious.

Ha Jung-woo was the person who decided to report the threats to the police, having been implicated in these original chat logs. The identities of the other six celebrities threatened by the hackers have not been revealed to the public so as to protect their privacy.

• Guest changed the title to Joo Jinmo 주진모
  • 1 month later...

[HanCinema's News] Hacking Incident Involving Ha Jung-woo and Joo Jin-mo Revealed to Have a Larger Scope

photo1267791.jpg

Last week a police report revealed that the persons who were caught hacking the cell phone data of various celebrities (like Ha Jung-woo and Joo Jin-mo) and blackmailing them with it have been connected to wider cybercrimes. Purportedly, over the course of March through October, police were able to use details from their case to identify a larger criminal organization of which the four convicted blackmailers were only one smaller part. Twenty-three persons from this organization are now said to be under arrest.

The crimes committed by these persons were of much more limited scope than the celebrity phone hacking.

Purportedly they would pose as sexually interested women in an attempt to illicit lewd photos from their victims, which the alleged criminals would then use for blackmail purposes. One hundred and three victims of the scheme have been identified, who cumulatively paid around 1.2 million dollars to the extortionists. 99% of these victims were men.

South Korean police are currently collaborating with Chinese police on the prosecutions. Of the twenty-three persons under arrest, twenty-three were Chinese, four were Korean, one was Russian, and one was Kyrgyzstanian. Purportedly police are also investigating the use of nanny cams to engage in similar extortion schemes by the group at large.

• 1 month later...

Korean Drama of the Week "Empress Ki"

photo1284711.jpg

Korean drama of the week "Empress Ki" (2013)

Directed by Han Heui, Lee Seong-joon

Written by Jang Yeong-cheol, Jeong Kyeong-soon-I

Network: MBC

With Ha Ji-won, Joo Jin-mo, Ji Chang-wook, Baek Jin-hee, Kim Seo-hyung, Lim Ju-eun,...

51 Episodes - Mon, Tue 21:55
Formerly known as "Hwatu" (화투, hwa-too)
Synopsis
The series revolves around Ki Seung-nyang, a Goryeo-born woman who ascends to power despite the restrictions of the era's class system, and later marries Ta-hwan to become an empress of the Yuan dynasty, instead of her first love, Wang Yu. The series depicts her loves and political ambitions.

Broadcasting dates in Korea : 2013/10/28~2014/04/29

Read Lisa's episode reviews

Available on DVD from YESASIA

• 8 months later...

*** I wonder what's JJM up to nowadays, huh? It's been quite a long while since I haven't heard/read any news about him. About his last controversy, I know he was just a victim. I feel sad & bad that it was publicized and criticized by the public. Moreover, the time when some of  these bad news/messages were released, it was his honeymoon period, which was only six months after marrying his wife Min Hye-yeon, (medical doctor) so criticism towards him increased. I hope he will return soon in dramaland. Joo Jin-mo has not appeared in public for a long time now while his wife just recently  appeared in a show and has mentioned Joo Jin-mo during the variety show. :twerk2:

20210826191915835fwrl.jpg

photo source : https://k-star-holic.blogspot.com/2021/08/um-tae-woong-and-joo-jin-mo-hidden-men.html

• 1 year later...

*** Yesterday afternoon, Sep 7th, Min Hye-yeon, Joo Jin-mo‘s wife, posted 2 photos on Instagram with the caption “My husband’s birthday dinner yesterday. Paul is looking at yuk-sashimi (thinly sliced raw beef), and… My husband is cutting beef to feed Paul! LOL”. The photo showed Joo Jin-mo and his dog sitting side by side in front of the restaurant table and focusing on yuk-sashimi. In the photo, Joo Jin-mo was wearing a casual outfit. He seemed to lose some weight. Previously, he was involved in a smartphone hacking incident some years ago.   :cutekitty:

Joo Jin Moo

• 3 months later...

17 Best Romance Historical K-Dramas To Have On Your Watchlist (2022 Update)

6. "Empress Ki"

17 Best Romance Historical K-Dramas To Have On Your Watchlist (2022 Update)

MBC

When: 2013-2014

Cast: Ha JiWon, Ji ChangWook, Joo JinMo

Summary: It tells the love story and political ambition of Empress Ki, a lady from Goryeo taken against her will as a palace woman that ended up as Yuan Empress.

For: Viewers looking for an intense love story and breathtaking political fights.

Why watch?: The drama is long of 51 episodes. Some might think at first sight that it is too long but it is not. The memorable love story and political schemes have enough time to develop. The viewers can only root for the strong lead female character. The superb acting of the main actors is a plus.

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source https://www.kpopmap.com/10-best-romance-historical-kdramas-to-have-on-your-watchlist/

• 2 months later...

15 Savage Korean Action Movies to Watch This Year

From Assassination to A Bittersweet Life, below is a list of 15 of the finest Korean action movies that you simply cannot miss out on.

While a better part of Korean content has repeatedly managed to sweep audiences off their feet, Korean action movies are still gaining momentum in terms of their popularity. Like any other facet of Korean cinema, Korean action movies are simply mind-blowing. Gritty, captivating and spectacularly smooth, these movies are praised for their thrilling innovations and lightning-fast action sequences. 

In the past couple of years. There has been a conspicuous rise in the popularity of Korean action movies. Movies like Kim Jee Woon’s ‘A Bittersweet Life’ and Bong Joon Ho’s ‘Snowpiercer’ have been welcomed by audiences for their excellent narration and brilliant screenplay. Below is a list of 15 such equally heart-pounding Korean action movies that    you simply cannot miss.

6 | The Warrior (Musa/The Ultimate Warrior)

The Warrior (Musa/The Ultimate Warrior)

• Release Year: 2001
  • Directed By: Kim Sung Su
  • Stars: Zhang Ziyi as Princess Bu Yong, Ahn Sung Ki as Jin Rip, Ju Jin Mo as Choi Jeong, Jung Woo Sung as Yeo Sol
  • Streaming Platform: Disney + Hotstar
  • Run Time: 2h 34m
  • Movie description: Nine men belonging to the Goryeo dynasty go the extra mile in trying to save a Chinese Ming princess so as to make up for a diplomatic failure on their part. 
  • Plot: A diplomatic convoy hailing from Korea’s Goryeo dynasty is labelled a group of traitors by the people of Ming dynasty. When left with no chances of survival let alone of going back home, the convoy decided to protect a Ming princess from the Mongol convoy. A seemingly never ending battle ensues between the envoys of Goryeo and that of the Mongols. When the groups finally reach their destination, they are greeted with nothing even remotely more than lifeless ruins of something that was once a fortress.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/15-savage-korean-action-movies-to-watch-this-year-1211744

• 1 month later...

*** This movie takes you on a laughing riot. This is a "must-watch".   :kaching3:

Best Korean Comedy Movies according to their IMDb Ratings

From romantic comedies to action comedy, here is a list of the funniest and the best Korean comedy movies including films like 200 Pounds Beauty and Extreme Job.

The world of Korean cinema has managed to be a global phenomenon after the success of films like Train to Busan and Parasite. When it comes to Korean films there are all kinds of genres including fantasy action, romance thriller, horror, and most importantly comedy. While comedy might be an underrated Korean genre, this time we have managed to pick out the best Korean comedy movies of all times that will definitely make you laugh out loud. 

We assure you every movie on the list is arguably a must-watch. Bookmark this list for the next time you are on the lookout for an absolute gold mine of laughter. So what are you waiting for? Dive into the list of hilarious and exhilarating Korean gems with a hefty dose of refined comedy, blended with elements of action, fantasy, drama, and crime.

10. 200 Pounds Beauty (2006)

200 Pounds Beauty (2006)

• Movie Genre: Comedy, Drama, Music
  • Duration: 120 min
  • Star Cast: Ju Jin Mo, Kim Ah Jung, Dong Il Sung, Kim Hyun Sook
  • Director: Yong Hwa Kim
  • Year of release: 2006
  • OTT Platform: Tubi, Amazon Prime Video
  • IMDb Rating: 6.7/10

200 Pounds Beauty is another Korean comedy movie we highly recommend watching. Directed by Yong Hwa Kim, the musical comedy-drama features the best of Ju Jin Mo, Kim Ah Jung, Dong Il Sung, and Kim Hyun Sook among others.

The story is about a skillful but obese protagonist who secretly sings on behalf of a pop star. The story takes a huge turn when she goes through extensive plastic surgery and begins a career of her own. 

(skipped unrelated.....0

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/best-korean-comedy-movies-1219724

• 3 weeks later...

18 K-Dramas To Add To Your Summer Watch List

Summer is the time to unwind, to head off to new adventures, and also the beginning of new possibilities. As you soak in the summer sun and embrace the warm weather, the best way to cool down is to catch up or revisit your favorite K-dramas. Here are 18 K-dramas, a mix of some golden oldies and a few recent ones, to add to your summer watch list.

“Queen of the Game”

queen-of-the-game.jpeg

Handsome, intelligent, and very dangerous, Lee Shin Jeon’s (Joo Jin Mo’s) sole aim is to destroy and bring down Kang Jae Ho (Han Jin Hee). Jae Ho, a one time associate of Shin Jeon’s father, had not only betrayed him but also his mother with whom he had an affair. After his father’s tragic death and seeing his heartbroken mother turn into an alcoholic, Shin Jeon swears revenge. He makes his moves on Jae Ho’s daughter Eun Seol (Lee Bo Young). He charms her, making her fall hopelessly in love with him. But as Shin Jeon sets plans for Jae Ho’s downfall, he realizes that he has become the pawn in his game of revenge. He has fallen deeply in love with Eun Seol and is willing to sacrifice himself for her. But is too late for him to make amends?

Love, revenge, retribution, and redemption, “Queen of the Game” is that one drama that wraps you into its world from the first scene. Joo Jin Mo as the broodingly charming Lee Shin Jeon is a scene stealer, and his chemistry with Lee Bo Young is palpable. For all those die-hard romantics out there, this one is for you.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

10 K-Drama Male Leads Who Never Lost Sight Of Their First Love

Is your first love your one and only love? Some may agree and some may agree to disagree. However, there are men who have not only waited for years but even moved heaven and earth as well as traveled across dimensions to be reunited with their first and only love. Wondering where you can find these men? Where else but in K-dramas! These men have set the bar as the poster boys of everlasting love. Here’s a look at 10 K-dramas where male leads never lost sight of their first love.

My Love Eun Dong

My-Love-Eun-Dong.jpg

Ji Eun Ho (Joo Jin Mo) is a well-known movie star. Though not short of female attention, he has never been able to have a relationship with anyone. The reason? He is still hung up on his childhood sweetheart Eun Dong. It’s to the point that he has even changed his name from Park Hyun Soo to Ji Eun Ho as a tribute to the only woman he has ever loved. His sole purpose in life is to locate and reconnect with his long-lost Eun Dong. Seo Jung Eun (Kim Sa Rang) is hired to ghostwrite his autobiography, which is his last resort to find the woman he has spent his entire youth pining for. As Jung Eun listens to Eun Ho’s recording, she cannot help shake off the feeling of deja vu. The scenarios seem oddly similar to her own life and the time she spent with the love of her life Hyun Soo, whom she lost years ago.

“My Love Eun Dong” is a show made for die-hard romantics. It’s a moving story of a man’s helplessness and his relentless pursuit to find the one woman he loves to death. But can this couple tide through their complicated history and find closure with the past? You’ll also be able to see younger versions of Hyun Soo played by both Jinyoung and Baek Sung Hyun.

Start watching “My Love Eun Dong”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news