Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Upcoming Drama 2024:Show Business/Special Appearance Drama 2025: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

Guest RoseS

cctv/Song Hye Kyo for 2009 spring ROEM

South Korean actress Song Hye Kyo speaks for the spring collection of ROEM, a brand for women in their mid or late twenties that comes under the South Korea's leading clothing company, the E.Land Group. [Photo: lovehyekyo.com]
South Korean actress Song Hye Kyo speaks for the
spring collection of ROEM, a brand for women in
their mid or late twenties that comes under the
South Korea's leading clothing company, the E.Land
Group. [Photo: lovehyekyo.com]

South Korean actress Song Hye Kyo speaks for the

Spring collection of ROEM, a brand for women in

their mid or late twenties that comes under the

South Korea's Leading clothing company,

the E. Land Group, Song Hye Kyo for 2009 spring ROEMSouth Korean actress Song Hye Kyo speaks for the spring collection of ROEM, a brand for women in their mid or late twenties that comes under the South Korea's leading clothing company, the E.Land Group. [Photo: lovehyekyo.com]

South Korean actress Song Hye Kyo speaks for the spring collection of ROEM, a brand for women in their mid or late twenties that comes under the South Korea's leading clothing company, the E.Land Group. [Photo: lovehyekyo.com]

Edited by RoseS

Guest RoseS

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2011

Song Hye Kyo talks marriage during an interview

20111006_song_1-460x778.jpg

During a sit-down interview with an entertainment program on SBS, Song Hye Kyo (29) was asked if she were jealous when she saw an affectionate loving couple around her.

“Very envious,” she answered. But apparently marriage is an after-thought for the actress, as she wants to focus on her career at the moment. She continued, “I have no plans for marriage anytime soon. I want to work.”

When asked when she would be ready to tie the knot, she replied, “No one knows for sure.”

She also shared the perks of being a celebrity, along with a few downfalls. She explained, “I get a lot of free food when I eat out, but I can’t comfortably walk around in public freely like I want to… I would like to walk the streets of Myungdong and peek at all the little shops like a normal person, but unfortunately I can’t.”

Song Hye Kyo who has already been in the entertainment business for 16 years also discussed acting, her life, as well as new upcoming movie ‘Today‘.

Source & Image : MyDaily via Nate

Posted by alliana / Yongyong2206 at 3:41 PM 

Edited by RoseS
delete blank spaces

Guest RoseS

A Korean Skincare Line Takes On Beauty’s Big Guns

When faced with a choice between face cream and foundation (that is, skincare versus makeup), most

often the typical Filipina would pick the makeup over the skincare.

Yet, the Philippines has been a unique and interesting market for Laneige, a prestige Korean beauty brand best known for skincare.

In most of Laneige’s markets including the United States, France, China, South Korea and the rest of Asia, its skincare line that touts well-hydrated skin has consistently been the top draw, with makeup only a secondary offering.

“It seems we Filipinos prefer to cover up our skin imperfections instead of tackling them at the root,” which is what Korean women are known for, says Judy Yu, vice president of Laneige Philippines.

In both its print ads and TVCs, Laneige highlights the dewy skin of popular Korean actress Song Hye Gyo, fresh and barefaced, underscoring Korean women’s preference for a more natural look that uses very little or no makeup.

Where the light hits the contours of 29-year-old Song’s pretty face, there is a glow, a natural sheen that’s a no-no for most Filipinas who favor a matte, shine-free look.

“Filipinas are less shy about wearing makeup, that’s why we’re selling more makeup here than in other markets. The Koreans find that curious and interesting,” Yu says. “But I think we’re learning.” The brand is on its second year in the Philippines.

Pop culture

In the last five years, there has been an influx of Korean cosmetics in the country, not surprisingly brought about by the Korean wave or hallyu, the global spread of South Korean pop culture.

Spurred by this trend, a young businesswoman named Winnie Go approached Yu and her husband with the prospect of a partnership to bring in another Korean beauty brand. The Yus have a long business relationship with South Korea, being the local distributor here of a Korean brand of elevators. Meanwhile, Go had the retail connection; she’s married to Frederick Go, president and chief operating officer of Robinsons Land Corp.

Their Korean counterparts suggested the Yus go for a prestige brand, which fits better with their high-end business profile—ergo, Laneige.

Laneige (from the French la neige, meaning snow, pronounced lah nehz) is a banner brand of AmorePacific, South Korea’s largest cosmetics firm. The brand was conceived in 1994 with a focus on healthy, youthful skin via optimal hydration.

It targeted women in their 20s, which the brand believes is the crucial stage when women should seriously think about skin hydration to prevent lines and wrinkles.

The range has grown to include makeup and men’s skincare.

AmorePacific is run by Suh Kyung Bae, one of Korea’s wealthiest men and a third-generation cosmetics maker. Suh’s grandmother began the trade in North Korea by making camellia-based creams and hair oils, a craft she taught her son, Suh Sung Whan, Suh’s father. She called her business simply “Prosperous Store,” later renamed by her son, in 1945, as Pacific Chemical Industry, with the hopes of expanding overseas after the war. The family moved to Seoul in 1948.

The younger Suh, 48, is a Cornell MBA who was born next door to the company’s headquarters.

By the 1980s, the company had grown so big and over-diversified. It suffered a blow when, in the 1990s, the South Korean government lifted tariffs on imports, and American and European cosmetics had flooded the market. The company nearly went bust.

In 1997, the company aimed to conquer overseas markets. Its initial foray in France had failed, but it refocused on selling fragrances; 94 percent of the French population wore perfumes. It launched Lolita Lempicka in 1997. By this time, the company had been renamed AmorePacific.

Today, it sells to Bergdorf Goodman and Neiman Marcus in the US, focusing mainly on the high-luxury market, highlighting the Sulwhasoo brand to go against western luxury brands that sell $400 tubs of face cream. Sulwhasoo, which uses red ginseng as its main selling point, is in a similar price range.

Exotic ingredients

The west is mystified by the beauty culture of the Orient, not least of all its exotic ingredients—ginseng, green tea, rice, bamboo sap. (The company introduced green tea, which it farms, in its products in the 1990s.)

AmorePacific is banking on this fascination in its bid for the global market. Today, global sales account for over 14 percent of AmorePacific’s $2 billion revenues; it aims to double that by 2015. A boost to the company ego: It was ranked Top 20 in Women’s Wear Daily’s Beauty Biz Top 100, a global ranking that’s based on sales.

Yu says customers who are unfamiliar with Laneige are drawn to their stores in TriNoma, SM Mall of Asia and Robinsons Place Midtown Mall (it just opened a new shop in Shangri-La Mall) upon seeing Song Hye Gyo’s posters on the shops’ walls. “People are posing next to the posters,” she says, amused.

At the recent relaunch of the Laneige Water Bank line in Seoul, even jaded journalists got star-struck with the petite spokesperson, who came by briefly to answer a few canned beauty questions.

The Asian media was also given a tour of Mizium, AmorePacific’s sprawling $50-million R&D center outside Seoul, its second in Korea (it also has R&D centers in Japan, France and China). The state-of-the-art facility opened only in September, and has 350 researchers, 14 percent of whom are Ph.Ds. AmorePacific has 415 patents in its name.

Laneige introduced its “Water Science” in 1995, believing that skin’s proper hydration when a woman is still in her 20s delays skin aging. From its so-called Germanium Mineral Water in 1995, the formula has been continuously improved through the years to introduce the Nano Mineral Water, Ceramide Water, Ionized Mineral Water from Himalayan snow, and finally, Optimal Mineral Water and its Water Pump System.

While the major target of Laneige are women in their 20s and 30s, it has found a following in older women, even in the Philippines, according to Yu.

Dr. Shim Beom cited his sister-in-law who’s in her late 40s and lives in Los Angeles, near the desert. “I’ve tried giving her other creams, but she has found that Laneige moisturizes quite effectively.”

Does that mean women can compensate for their age by using more than the recommended amount of product? According to the AmorePacific scientists, “You can adjust cosmetic usage according to your skin type. The only problem if you use too much is that your skin may not absorb as much.” Beom is quick to clarify that the Water Bank line is more a preventive measure. For more mature skin, the Perfect Renew range is suggested.

Across all markets, the consistent bestseller is the Water Sleeping Pack EX, a cool, nonsticky gel that hydrates and exfoliates skin as one sleeps. Most of Water Bank’s range is in similar gel or cream-gel formulation that’s light, cool, and favorable in humid climates.

Encouraged by Laneige’s success in the Philippines, CEO Suh Kyung Bae had paid the country a visit to assess his other brands’ prospects in the country. It seemed that he liked what he saw, because Suh expressed his wish to see the luxury range Sulwhasoo in the country soon.

“We’re weighing our options,” Yu says carefully. “First, we have to find a retail space. Unlike in Seoul where all the prestige brands are placed together in a department store floor, here you have to have your own shop. That’s always a challenge.”

Edited by RoseS

Guest RoseS

THE CROSSING[review beautiful photos]

The official poster for the upcoming film “The Crossing”

Actress Song Hye-kyo (right) plays the main character, Zhou Yun Fen, in director John Woo’s upcoming movie, “The Crossing,” where she is paired with actor Huang Xiaoming (left).

Actress Song Hye-kyo (right) plays the main character, Zhou Yun Fen, in director John Woo’s upcoming movie, “The Crossing,” where she is paired with actor Huang Xiaoming (left).

song-hye-kyo_1410239815_TheCrossing.jpg

kdramastars

Edited by RoseS

Guest RoseS

The Crossing-p1.jpg

Profile :

Movie Title : The Crossing
Released Date : First part - End of 2014
                         Second part - 2015

Plot :

Set in China in the 1930's. "The Crossing' will tell an epic love story. Three couples from different backgrounds who make a fateful voyage on a ship fleeing China to Taiwan.

Cast :

Ziyi Zhang
Takeshi Kaneshiro
Song Hye Kyo
Xiaaoming Huang
Masami Nagasawa

# Based on the true story of the Taiping ferry that capsized on January 27, 1949 in the Baijie Strait.

johnwooandcast

Edited by RoseS

Guest RoseS
Missed THE CROSSING.............

[Although no Eng. Sub but very interesting video. Feeling more CLOSER with THE CROSSING 's Team Work]

VIDEO[time, 40:20], "Profile, the mystery of the sinking of the PACIFIC WHEEL"

[After watching video 'Profile'..., understanding what Dir. John Woo talked about movie THE CROSSING:  big budget(most for the ship), long time to prepare the ship(for exactly like 1949 'sinked ship'). Watching 'Profile' video, could see how good Director directed THE CROSSING]

THE CROSSING, An ensemble pan-Asian cast, including Zhang Ziyi, Takeshi Kaneshiro and Song Hye-kyo, joined veteran Hong Kong director John Woo at a press conference in Beijing on Thursday. The stars were in the Chinese capital to promote "The Crossing," a historical drama based on the sinking of a ship 65 years ago that led to the death of over 1,500 passengers and crews.

"The Crossing" is inspired by the true story of the Taiping ferry, which capsized on January 27th, 1949 in the Baijie Strait off China's eastern coast.The stars were in the Chinese capital to promote "The Crossing," a historical drama based on the sinking of a ship 65 years ago that led to the death of over 1,500 passengers and crew.

The stars were in the Chinese capital to promote "The Crossing," a historical drama based on the sinking of a ship 65 years ago that led to the death of over 1,500 passengers and crew.

Edited by RoseS

Guest RoseS

[Herald Interview] Song Hye-kyo faces the music

Actress talks about recent tax scandal and her role in the new film ‘My Brilliant Life’

kh_newsstand_banner.png

Published : 2014-08-27 20:26
Updated : 2014-08-27 20:26

Actress Song Hye-kyo was careful to begin her interview with The Korea Herald on Monday with an apology. 

A week has passed since news of a tax evasion scandal involving the actress shocked many of her fans. The timing was especially unfavorable for Song, who was set to promote her new movie “My Brilliant Life” ahead of its Sept. 3 release.

She nevertheless decided to open up to the media to apologize multiple times. She admitted it was a big mistake and said she regretted that she disappointed many people. 

“It resulted because of my ignorance and carelessness. I wasn’t sure if I should appear before the public or not and if doing an interview was the right thing to do,” said Song.

“But as much as I take the sole blame for my faults, I had the responsibility to minimize the damage the scandal had on the movie crew who worked so hard for this film,” she said. 

“(Doing promotional work) was a promise I made with the film, so I could not break another promise.” 
20140827000865_0.jpg

Actress Song Hye Kyo poses for a photo during an interview with The korea Herald in Samcheong-dong, seoul, Moday(Park Hae- mook/the Korea Herald)

It was frightening to be back in the spotlight after the scandal, even for the veteran actress who had maintained a clean-cut reputation throughout her 17-year career. But as she could not hide, she decided to accept her faults and face her fate. 

This required some courage for Song, who spoke in her distinctive composed tone. 

It took a different kind of courage for her to play a mother for the first time, though her character is not a typical mother. She plays 33-year-old Mi-ra, who had her son Ah-reum at the age of 17. 

“If the role required a typical motherly love and dedication, maybe it would have been pretty tough,” said Song. “But Mi-ra’s age is very close to mine and she is more like a friend to her son, so that was less of a concern to begin with. Also I saw some part of myself in her character-straightforward and easygoing.” 

The film, “My Brilliant Life,” based on Korean novelist Kim Ae-ran’s 2011 best-selling novel of the same name, centers on 16-year-old Ah-reum, who has progeria ― a rare genetic disorder that causes premature aging in children. So at the age of 16, Ah-reum’s body is already 80 years old. As his parents, Mi-ra and Dae-soo (Kang Dong-won), cope with their son’s disease, they learn about parenting, life and love. 

“I had full faith in the director of the film,” commented Song. “When I watched director E J-yong’s past films, including ‘Untold Scandal’ and ‘An Affair,’ I liked the way he showed unique and elegant details in the films. So when I read the scenario, I said yes without a second thought. It was not a typical sad story.

“The circumstances are tragic, but the film gracefully draws humor out of Ah-reum and his parents, which I think elicit heartfelt tears,” said the actress. “I liked the fact that the characters are bright and cheerful, quite the contrary from traditional films related to illness. Maybe the happier it gets, sadness escalates.” 

The film mostly centers on the protagonist Ah-reum, played by Jo Sung-mok, who had to undergo five hours of aging makeup before shooting. “But he never complained.” said Song. 

“My role was to pepper the father-son relationship in the film,” said Song, who had mostly played lead roles in the past. 

“At some point in my career, I realized making a film is working together. When I was young, I was too concerned about my acting performances only. But now, I am beginning to learn how to support others in the film and know where to relax and where not to back out.” 

She said that the movie helped her to think of her family. “As I play a mother, my own relationship with my mom helped me to think and act what motherhood is. My mom is full of energy and she is like a friend to me, so in a way, it is similar to my relationship with Ah-reum in the film.”

When asked if she has plans to have her own family, she said she couldn’t even take care of herself. 

“When I was in my 20s, I wanted to get married soon, but now, I don’t have quite the courage to form a family on my own,” she said. “But I really admire Dae-soo and Mi-ra’s perseverance and courage not to give up on their son. They do everything they can to protect the family. I think that is really beautiful.”

She smiled and continued. 

“So maybe, if I am fortunate to have a family in the future, I would like to have a friend-like family, as in the film,” said Song. 

What will her future be like? She said she wanted to do everything possible to minimize the damage caused by her to the others who worked on the film. 

But when the time is appropriate, she would like to play diverse roles, hopefully a villain ― something she has never played.

By Ahn Sung-mi (sahn@heraldcorp.com)

Edited by RoseS

when missing SHK , fans usually indulge watching her K Dramas over and over again and its undeniable that Full House is one unforgettable rom com well loved by most of her fans! for almost 11 years the ever cutee and lovable Han Ji Eun still leaves a special memory for SHK fans!

from weibo/dc

6afb0f0cgw1erwlh1tg21g206t03xk1s.gif

6afb0f0cgw1erwlh5kybhg20800601kx.gif

6afb0f0cgw1erwlhapvf4g2080060qv5.gif

6afb0f0cgw1erwlh0t0vpg20b406yka4.gif

from baidu/dc

2b80d158ccbf6c815e0c08a7b93eb13533fa404c

1084c9177f3e6709383b61b03ec79f3df8dc554cb82642a7d933c895cf44bc34d41373f08202004c

from websta  watching full house again@kyo1122@rain_oppa

11093118_372918532892185_1553970727_n.jp

Cost Ranking of Top Stars’ Luxurious Homes Revealed

Cost Ranking of Top Stars’ Luxurious Homes Revealed

The values of top stars’ luxurious homes were revealed on the May 9 broadcast of KBS’ “Entertainment Weekly.

Reporters shared that actor Kim Soo Hyun’s apartment was purchased at about 4 billion KRW (~$3.7 million USD). A representative of this apartment revealed, “Millionaire Chinese fans request to buy the apartment next door to Kim Soo Hyun. However, it is not easy because there are only two apartments on that floor. Many fans visit.”

The fourth most expensive home belongs to singer Seo Taiji, for a market price of 8 billion KRW (~$7.4 million USD).

In third is actor Bae Yong Joon, whose house was originally purchased for 6 billion KRW in 2010. However, after remodeling his home, the current market value jumped up to 9.5 billion KRW (~$8.7 million USD) in the past six years.

Second in the overall ranking is actress Song Hye Kyo, who owns two homes. The value of both homes combined comes out to about 11.5 billion KRW (~$10.6 million USD).

Coming in at number one in the ranking of house costs in actress Jun Ji Hyun. A real estate expert revealed, “Jun Ji Hyun owns three homes. The total cost is around 15.5 billion KRW (~$14.3 million USD).”

top star homes

Source (1) (2)

thanks Ngoc chieu nguyen for the info, for sure SHK is having a good time in celebrating her stylist b-day in Jeju! btw , from the IG post of ms stylist you posted , is SHK the one wearing the white top on the left side of Ms Park?  for sure the guy in black on Ms Park right side  is KDW, right?

SHK for Laneige CC Cream

715e10385343fbf2bdb80a91b57eca8064388fea

acd7ad6eddc451da0563a059b3fd5266d11632e941266b600c3387441d5183ce540fd9f9d62aa0eb

credit : baidu/dc