Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2025: The Priest 2 (Dark Nuns) Upcoming Dramas 2025: Everything Will Come True (special appearance) & Show Business

Peachypie

class="title"John Woo’s ‘Chinese Titanic’ Begins Shooting in Beijing 1:49 AM PDT 7/9/2013 by Patrick Brzeski John Woo 2013 PBeijing Galloping Horse Director John Woo. class="main_article_deck"“The Crossing,” the director’s first project in four years, tells the story of a momentous voyage in the South China Sea and is being likened to the James Cameron global hit.

John Woo’s return to directing after a four-year hiatus with The Crossing is now underway in Beijing, the production companies behind the project announced in a statement.

our editor recommends

The big-budget project is being dubbed the “Chinese Titanic” by local Chinese media and stars a bevy of local A-listers, including Zhang Ziyi, Huang Xiaoming and Tong Dawei, along with South Korea’s Song Hye-kyo, Japan’s Masami Nagasawa and Taiwan’s Takeshi Kaneshiro.

The film will be released in two parts -- much like Woo’s last project, historical epic Red Cliff (2008) and Red Cliff II (2009) -- and tells the story of three couples aboard a ship in the South China Sea fleeing China for Taiwan during the 1949 revolution. The screenplay is written by Wang Huiling, best known for co-writing Ang Lee’s Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and adapting Lust Caution.

Originally titled 1949 and planned since 2009, the project was reportedly delayed due to challenges in getting the script approved because of political sensitivities in China surrounding any portrayal of the revolutionary era.

The two-part film is budgeted at $40 million and is jointly backed by Beijing Galloping Horse, China Film Group and Zhejiang Huace Film & TV, with Woo and Terence Chang’s Lion Rock Productions banner attached.  

Woo already has his next film in the works: the long-planned World War II drama Flying Tigers, which is expected to go into production in 2014. 

I hope after "The Crossing", Hye Kyo will focus on her movie career in Korea. I would love for her to be able to work with critically acclaimed movie actor Ha Jung Woo. A movie with Jeon Do Yeon or Song Kang Ho would be awesome too. I could just dream. I hope and pray.  [-O<

Guest ladyblue83

I want part 2 for that winter the wind  blows jo insung and song hye kyo must be paired again they were good together. too bad there series were too short,when i have vacant i find time to watch all those make me giggle scene. 

That-Winter-The-Wind-Blows-korean-dramas
:x
I want they want more we want more .....

song+hye+kyo+that+winter+the+wind+blows.

I like this..one cute,,,A feelings that can not be control once you fall you'll really fall on it.
image.jpg

winter7-00312.jpg
;) :x =D> [-O<

Guest kikay14

Just dropping by to say hello to all SHKers!  I miss this thread, sadly I can't check it regularly...thank you to all the updates!  SHK, goodluck on your forthcoming movie!  Fighting!

Hic, just read at baidu, there is an article said that John Woo secretly filmed the whole movie, do not allow the media to visit the set. So, no hope to see their filming? At least I can hope for someone who accidentally take the picture when they are filming, right? I only need few images while waiting for this moviecute2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862498

Another information:
According to weibo, It seems the Japanese composer Taro Iwashiro will be respondsible for soundtrack of "Tai Ping Lun" (The Crossing). He worked with John Woo in " Red Cliff" movie which you had known. He also attended the first filming day ( on 6th July ).
His image:
i2RVBebcCD4vh.jpg

On 6th, July:
Taro Iwashiro
irLbHkAK6F0r4.png

John Woo
ibdXEFCPWveVNX.png
watch more pics here: http://pic.yule.sohu.com/detail-456297-10.shtml#10

PS: oops, @kikay14, I miss you so much, miss TWTWB thread those days. That's great to see you here again :x :x :x

I think we wont be able to see any pictures regarding the filming in near future because the schedules are to be kept secret and no media is allowed to visit the filming locations.

thanks freshspring and khxy for the updates :)

seems that JW is applying the same restriction as WKW....... i remember a lil info on TGM were out ...... they found the source and the staff has been sacked immediately....... after the incident all staffs and crews of TGM have been asked to sign an agreement not to leak out any infos on the movie...... so strict  :-S

perhaps..... ms park may tweet some updates on our dear girl  :x

waiting patiently  :D

i don't think i've seen this pic from KARA before....... it's just so adorable...... even a doggie can't resist kissing her ;;) ;;)

Picture004_zpscbcc1c89.jpg

credit as labelled

Thanks PutriN unnie for sharing TGM's info. so, TGM took too much time to filming without any updates. hic, unnies and seniors here are really patient  ^:)^ Fortunately, with this movie, we don't have to wait too long like that.

This dress, I'm sure all SHKyoers still remember it :x

ibx6dolWAjyODf.jpg
ibxkTLa3ae2MrZ.jpgib2qor0gdY798a.jpg

this is the purple one :x I wonder whether she is more beautiful in this color? big-eye-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862491
izQL5jtKBDa2E.jpg

ibcDzjcICBuH3m.JPG

source: @tonglou & naver

Guest chloebelle

Thanks so much to all seniors and everybody here for the updates,cant thank you enough for all your effort........lots great news to catch up... Kamsahamnida :) Good thing in this drought season,I'm still poured down with lotsa SHK news lollll .. I have watched SHK movies and drama over and over again,never bored and recently I watch other movie too,Harmony...it's also great movie ,cry jerk,good balance of sad,funny and sweet moment...of all time and all movies i watch them,the only thing in my head is,it could have been much better if SHK was in too ...and oops again I totally forget,mom said not to be greedy :D I admire SHK so much and am a super proud fan \:D/

thank you so much for the updates!

since we are in drought season here, i'm watching full house again and i realized that last sunday was its 9th anniversary.. waah time really flies..

CONGRATULATIONS FULL HOUSE!! and AJA AJA FIGHTING to all kyoers!
full-house_zps67a6d588.jpg

Here is a MV of "Worlds Within" with a beautiful song (Kyuhyun's Hope is a Dream that Never Sleeps).  I really like Kyo's acting in these scenes:

A beautiful MV of "Love For Sale":

TWTWB MV:

AIMH MV (focusing on BinKyo):

-edit-

putriN and khxy, thanks so much for The Crossing update.  Seriously can't wait to see this movie :)

^hclover, thanks for posting the vids...... at least we have something to watch while waiting for new news  :)  

jasan, thanks for the trivia....... missed her doing romcom....... hope she'll choose the genre for her next project..... didn't she say this in her post twtwb interview ?  

freshspring, off-white color certainly is the best on her...... suits the occasion and looks more elegant    ;;)

chloebelle, that's the best antidote for missing her..... watching her dramas and movies..... as for me, still stuck at twtwb, replay it for many times   :P

there's an update on "The Crossing" -

Today's filming is centered on the child performers....... and the children's agent said Kyo was at the filming location...... just hearing people mentioning and seeing her give us a tremendous feeling of relief isn't it  :D

hopefully khxy or hclover can help to translate    :)

the child performers -

tc130720a_zps9306ae60.png

tc130720b_zps7e5f69ba.png

tc130720c_zpsdae50449.png

credit as labelled via baidu

A little update for The Crossing
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2434965441?pn=5 

The tweet comes from acting instructor for child actor (all of these children take part in the shooting)
" Filming for today has ended.Director Woo is just like an affable grandfather,when filming has ended the great director came to interact with the kids,the scene was so heartwarming.It's a pity that we couldn't take pictures to capture the moment as everything need to be in discreet.The one that has filming scenes with the kids is none other than top Korean beauty Song Hye Kyo,today i saw her in person,she is really beautiful."
source:baidu and weibo

Guest chloebelle

putriN ..... So glad to know our kyo is filming with those cute kids,she must be happy as she loves kids too ...thanks for the update as always ..... I've been dreaming kyo everyday for the whole week,that's amazing and always make my days...as I wake up I'm like '.... Oh myGod,I dreamt kyo again...' In my dream she always shows up in the filming scene,crowded with fans and her co stars,either doing make up or sitting down waiting her scene ..... I'm happy that all the fans are really supporting her....... Oh boy I must be missing her alot .... I will spare my emotion and tears for TWTWB director cut next month...oh really can't wait...agree with you,that no matter how many times we watch her dramas and movies esp during drought season,never get bored .....at least this project will be done by end of this year....oh pls no delay,so we can watch her korean romcom again....yayyyyy

Guest janeenjoy86

any updates for Hyun Bin ang Song Hye Kyo? hehehe.. I'm just curious, I really love them. :))))  I still wish for them to be together again in the future. :)