Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Upcoming Drama 2024:Show Business/Special Appearance Drama 2025: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

Here's how Descendants of the Sun lead Song Hye Kyo wins more fans for Korea

1_zpsqgid9yp3.jpg

The female lead from the popular series 'Descendants of the Sun', Song Hye Kyo, has proved her love for Korea, yet again.

Reportedly, the 34-year-old has donated Korean language brochures to the Statue of Liberty in New York. Commenting on her act of solidarity, the actress stated that she feels sad when the information brochures available at archeological sites reads in every language but not in her mother tongue, Korean.

"Whenever I travel for work or leisure, I see brochures in Chinese and Japanese at various archaeological sites and museums, but no Korean brochures. I get very sad and disappointed by that. It also harms my pride as a citizen of Korea," the actress told Allkpop.

This is not the first time Hye Kyo has shown her desire to promote Korean language.

A few weeks back, the actress released approximately 10,000 Korean language brochures towards the Provisional Government Building of the Republic of Korea at Changsha, China, in collaboration with professor Seo Kyung Deok of Sungshin Women's University. The brochure included information about government building in Changsha and other tourist spots in Korean language.

Sharing her insights on the promotion of her mother tongue, the actress told koogle: "There are still quite a few archaeological sites that do not have Korean language brochures. I hope something little like this can help visitors even in a small way."

Source: International Business Times

• Like 22

21 hours ago, MasY said:

@ewff sorry for my late and something from my learning. (may not be 100% accurate)

There is the Korean(Hangul) Romanization Table. Her name can be spelled in either way: Song Hye Kyo or Song Hye Gyo. As for the person's name, how to spell the name out solely depends on the person's preference, more to say, you don't even have to strictly follow the standard table. I think she prefers to use "Song Hye Kyo" guessing from her autograph and her homepage:   http://www.songhyekyo.co.kr/

Regarding "- (hyphenation)" I think it is more for convenient purpose. Korean names usually consist of 3 letters; 1 for surname and 2 for given name, but for people who are not familiar with this, it's hard to know which is which. One part stand alone would be their surname and another part combined with "-" would be their given name. The usage of this depends on the news outlets maybe based on their standards, policy or something. 

The meaning of her name... I don't know for sure. Once, she wrote her name in Chinese character as in the following pic: 宋慧敎(教). [As you may know, her name is 宋慧乔 in China, 宋慧喬 in Taiwan. I've heard a story before that there were some kinds of misunderstands or confusions about her name when introducing her there for the first time but I'm not sure about this, either. Maybe someone here knows well.] 

Her given name "慧敎" as a whole gives me some senses of nobleness and faith. [慧=wisdom, enlightenment,  敎=teachings, doctrine] Hopefully Chinese experts here can give you some more details and better understandings. I think this name is quite unique one in SK and really describe what kind of person she is. "Names and natures do often agree."

One interesting saying? cliche? I sometimes see on SNS postings in Korean is like;

"What is your religion?" ---  "I believe Song Hye Kyo" or "My religion is Hye Kyo."

as in 송혜교 is the letter when they express various kinds of religions in Korean such as 기독=Christianity, 불=Buddhism, etc. So people are referring as 송혜교 is a kind of religions :lol:

Hope it helps!

Thank you very much for the explanation. It is now very clear and meaningful to me. Thanks again.

I am watching DOTS again and even though I have watched it for so many times, I can still feel and be touched by her acting. I do really think that she went beyond what the director and scriptwriters expected from her.

• Like 4

She's really enjoying her life now. I miss her but if taking a break means I get to see a happy Kyo, then I'll gladly be waiting for her next project. It doesn't matter how long it'll take. Ignore the haters, the bashers..they've got nothing on her. All they can do now is posting malicious comments on Twitter or her IG. Too bad SHK doesn't have time for their pathetic attempts to drag her down. :) 

The success of DotS has really brought her many new fans. Almost everyone around me keeps gushing how beautiful and talented she is lol. 

@utkim Yup, I've been seeing tweets from haters these past few days. Some fans on Twitter also mentioned that those antis posted on her IG as well. Tbh, they can ship whoever they want but when they start bashing SHK, that's when I feel they're going too far. But yeah, I'm not gonna get involved in the fanwar..too old for that lol. Whatever it is, I know that our girl is too strong to let this thing affect her in any way. Haters can stay bitter for the rest of their life. 

• Like 15

32 minutes ago, leedonghaek said:

She's really enjoying her life now. I miss her but if taking a break means I get to see a happy Kyo, then I'll gladly be waiting for her next project. It doesn't matter how long it'll take. Ignore the haters, the bashers..they've got nothing on her. All they can do now is posting malicious comments on Twitter or her IG. Too bad SHK doesn't have time for their pathetic attempts to drag her down. :)

ah really? i dun usually read the comments at Kyo's ig and doesn't know anything about this. Those childish ppl need to grow up.

And it amazes me many times what ppl can do...:blink:

On the 12th Kyo send the congratulation to "Break News" 13th anniversary :)

TOF4LF.jpg

• Like 16

@smiletall Thank you for taking your time to translate and share the interview here. It's so heartwarming to see how her co-stars always have nice things to talk about her. I don't really pay attention to those who keep praising her beauty..everyone knows she's drop dead gorgeous..but when someone compliments her personality..that's when I feel really proud. 

• Like 12

@smiletall thank you for your wonderful insight. I hope you post more. I love reading your posts and I can't help but agree. I think it's a shame that SHK was portraying a blind woman in TWTWB. Their chemistry was amazeballs, imagine if Kyo was able to look at JIS too. I hope they make another drama in the future where both can have direct eye contact with each other. :D Thank you for your translations as well as always. :wub:

@hclover96 I agree. I'm a greedy fan too. Kyo deserves the Daesang. She and SJK both deserve it. They should have a co-Daesang. However, if only SJK wins, I'm going to flip some tables. Not because SJK does not deserve it. He deserves it as much as Kyo. He is a wonderful actor and portrayed YSJ flawlessly. He is not beneath Kyo as an actor, however, as a character, I don't think YSJ and KMY are equal in terms of depth. YSJ to me, has been the same from day 1 and throughout the series. Kang Mo Yeon on the other hand, has character development. KMY is a multidimensional character, plus the fact that DOTS wasn't filmed chronologically, imagine how emotionally difficult it will be. But Kyo nailed the character KMY and she even exceeded expectations. 

Posting this old photo since this is my first time seeing this, how cute is she when she looks sulky. :)

viewimage.php?id=3eb2de21edcb3dad77b0&no

dc

• Like 16

52 minutes ago, crixa said:

@smiletall thank you for your wonderful insight. I hope you post more. I love reading your posts and I can't help but agree. I think it's a shame that SHK was portraying a blind woman in TWTWB. Their chemistry was amazeballs, imagine if Kyo was able to look at JIS too. I hope they make another drama in the future where both can have direct eye contact with each other. :D Thank you for your translations as well as always. :wub:

@hclover96 I agree. I'm a greedy fan too. Kyo deserves the Daesang. She and SJK both deserve it. They should have a co-Daesang. However, if only SJK wins, I'm going to flip some tables. Not because SJK does not deserve it. He deserves it as much as Kyo. He is a wonderful actor and portrayed YSJ flawlessly. He is not beneath Kyo as an actor, however, as a character, I don't think YSJ and KMY are equal in terms of depth. YSJ to me, has been the same from day 1 and throughout the series. Kang Mo Yeon on the other hand, has character development. KMY is a multidimensional character, plus the fact that DOTS wasn't filmed chronologically, imagine how emotionally difficult it will be. But Kyo nailed the character KMY and she even exceeded expectations. 

@crixa aw you're too sweet :) And I know. As much as I loved TWTWB, I really was desperate for some eye contact between her and JIS. (Well desperate for anything really between that OTP.. but the story kind of made progress..erm.. difficult to say the least.. The angst was strong with TWTWB...lol)  Of course there were moments that her blindness made the scene that much more telling because JIS would be saying one thing, but his face would be literally expressing another (goosebumps!). But in general, you could already feel the tension when they weren't looking at each other directly. If there had been eye contact during emotionally charged scenes, I'm pretty certain ratings would have been even higher than it already was. haha

I actually also just wanted to comment on your analysis of KMY and YSJ, just because I basically just wrote the same thoughts on the main DOTS thread! :o It's also a sentiment I expressed since the latter half of the drama lol. So I totally understand you. They both deserve daesangs. But I would feel a bigger sense of remorse if SHK was snubbed especially if you consider the trajectory of her character in the drama.  

• Like 21

2 hours ago, smiletall said:

@crixa aw you're too sweet :) And I know. As much as I loved TWTWB, I really was desperate for some eye contact between her and JIS. (Well desperate for anything really between that OTP.. but the story kind of made progress..erm.. difficult to say the least.. The angst was strong with TWTWB...lol)  Of course there were moments that her blindness made the scene that much more telling because JIS would be saying one thing, but his face would be literally expressing another (goosebumps!). But in general, you could already feel the tension when they weren't looking at each other directly. If there had been eye contact during emotionally charged scenes, I'm pretty certain ratings would have been even higher than it already was. haha

I actually also just wanted to comment on your analysis of KMY and YSJ, just because I basically just wrote the same thoughts on the main DOTS thread! :o It's also a sentiment I expressed since the latter half of the drama lol. So I totally understand you. They both deserve daesangs. But I would feel a bigger sense of remorse if SHK was snubbed especially if you consider the trajectory of her character in the drama.  

Totally agree! I think the lack of eye contact between the OTP made some of the viewers unable to connect plus some feel queasy since they're supposed to be siblings, lol thus the lower ratings although it was still the highest rating drama on its time slot. Their chemistry was amazing but I did not ship them off screen mainly because of the lack of eye contact between the two, lol I know, she's blind of course, but I can't help it. :sweatingbullets: In addition, Oh Young was majorly depressed and like what you said, full of angst those two. I did watch their BTS after the drama, and started shipping them hard, unfortunately, JIS dating news broke out, so the shipping did not last. lol So, I'm really hoping for another drama in the future for these two. :) a love triangle between So Ji Sub perhaps? ala Memories of Bali :P

Seriously though. I can't help but think that they might give the Daesang to SJK only since his fame just sky rocketed. You know how some award giving bodies give the awards to the more popular ones to appease fans. So crossing my fingers, both of them will win the highly coveted Daesang. 

Kyo eonnie Instagram update :wub:

• Like 21

Sorry for the misleading voting info which I have now removed from my post. I also thought it was a popular dramas poll for Baesang Art Awards so wasted lots of precious time voting for it. Even now when I checked, DOTS is in 1st place with close to 10M votes on that poll so regardless of it being a marketing gimmick poll, DOTS fans are daebak and I'm sure the real poll will be even more awesome.

Personally, I hope HyeKyo gets Daesang for her KMY role that she truly deserves. To me SHK is like JJH whereas SJK is like KSH from "My love from the star" whom got Daesang and Top Excellence Award respectively.....

I rewatched "The Crossing" yesterday but couldn't help but see a little resemblance of DOTS like when she was handed a letter that informed of her husband's death. Because she's the General's wife, I also couldn't help but think that one day KMY will also be a wife of General YSJ lol but off course they will have a very happy life together because that's writer's wish (and so as mine). HyeKyo's so gorgeous in that movie.

I think I may re-watch Full House again this coming weekend to help get over DOTS ....

viewimage.php?id=3eb2de21edcb3dad77b0&no

crto via dc

HyeKyo updated this BTS, it's a very beautiful reunion scene indeed. She's all smiling...must be discussing the part where she goes through a range of emotions from "You are so mean...I will become a nun ...I love you so much" ... Seems like she's still very much into DOTS so how will I be able to move on....

• Like 21

thanks so much everyone for the awesome updates! its great to see SHK updates her IG from time to time and almost all of her IG updates caught the attention of K media and at times became a hot topic in nate just like this one: her BTS in DoTs

연예 hot포토

• 1461668400_001.jpg
  • 송혜교, 송중기와
    재회 비하인드 컷

"아직도 '태후앓이'" 송혜교, 송중기와 재회 비하인드컷 공개

스포츠조선 기사전송 2016-04-26 19:23

SHK for sure is a loyal VIP client of this chicken restaurant and its obvious that she loves to eat here based on the caption from weibo.

6afb0f0cjw1f3a057rbpwj20u00u0wke.jpg

Spoiler

6afb0f0cjw1f3a0593hffj20hs0hs0uz.jpg

Spoiler

6afb0f0cjw1f3a055zbucj20hs0hsacf.jpg

• Like 20