Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Upcoming Drama 2024:Show Business/Special Appearance Drama 2025: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

Thanks everyone for the awesome updates.  There are 3 interviews that Kyo did for Sina, Ifeng and Mtime.  Since all 3 interviews have similar questions and topics, I'll do the translations for just one and will add in any new or interesting questions from the other 2 interviews.

16211090884_dde210e240_o.gif

16832325502_5646ab1390_o.gif

16807573376_079d7f5715_o.gif

utkim, that pic was from The Crossing's premiere in Macau :)

hi hclover96 , pls help with the trans , most likely its the feedback/ reaction/ comments about MPL movie or their way of showing support to SHKs movie!

thanks in advance .

unnie @hclover96  please help   :D

@林更新:如果白色情人节没人一起过,去影院看部电影哭一场也不错。

Hi sunflower and rubylia, a few of China's leading male gods have expressed support for MPL on weibo.  Here are the translations for their weibo entries.

Huang Xiao Ming:  Thanks Kyo for the mention.  Have already prepared tissues to go the theater for support ~ [love]

Joe Cheng:  "My queen" Song Hye Kyo's movie is premiering today.  Heard <My

Brilliant Life> is a movie that makes people cry and laugh. 

Everyone, go to the theaters and enjoy it.

Zheng Kai:  3 thumbs up emoticons

Hu Ge:  [use love to defeat time] what's the meaning?  I have to see it

Lin Geng Xin:  If there's no one to be with on White Day, going to the theaters to watch a movie and cry is not bad

Here are their pics if anyone's curious about how they look like (for informational purposes, of course :P)

Huang Xiao Ming:

12b73f7c48a1059ea2a80b52b2b5fb06.jpeg

Joe Cheng:

n6477411.jpg

Zheng Kai:

001ec97909631567c69c61.jpg

Hu Ge:

huge2.jpg

Lin Geng Xin:

V3WDM5l4_5e5fcf_c.jpg

Descendants of the Sun Casting and Production Updates

Posted on March 15, 2015 by ockoala

nanse.jpg

There’s been production updates surrounding Kim Eun Sook‘s upcoming dramaDescendants of the Sun that are important enough to share. For those interested in either the drama, or because of the discussed potential leads Song Joong Ki or Song Hye Kyo, not sure if the latest leaks are good news or bad. First off, the production is dead set on confirming the leads no later than April due to the massive pre-filming undertaking to start in June. Song Joong Ki remains a lock unless something unexpected or drastic happens, and he is Kim Eun Sook’s desired leading man for his acting chops and widespread appeal to the Korean audience.

Song Hye Kyo is less of a lock at this time, the discussion around her casting is that she was offered the role and is considering, but the production adds diplomatically that Song Hye Kyo gets offered nearly every drama coming out of Korea so DotS is merely one of many she’s considering. That sounds like the drama is leaving room for her to decline but want her enough to publicly discuss this offer. The June filming start date remains fluid due to the overseas location shoot scouting and preparation required. The drama is set in a conflict zone, a fictional country much like the real life Syria or Ukraine situation where the government is battling rebels, and the medical relief work aspect comes in because a giant earthquake has recently hit the already war torn land.

nanse1.jpgOriginally the drama was about the romance between doctors working abroad for Doctors Without Borders, but Kim Eun Sook revised the set up to the romance between a commander of a UN peacekeeping group and a doctor. The drama will be completely pre-filmed and almost entirely set in the fictional war torn country. But the setting of the war torn country will not be completely overseas location shoot, parts will also be filmed in Korea to stand in for the war torn country setting. Within the drama, scenes depicting Korea will only be for the drama ending, otherwise the entire story will take place in the war torn country. The title Descendants of the Sun represents the blazing hot like the sun passion of the characters in doing their jobs to help the people of the conflict zone, as well as their strongly held beliefs.

Thank you, fresia for your post. I do appreciate the scriptwriter's praise for Kyo. I hope that Kyo will join the drama and make the scriptwriter change her mind about Kyo not being her favorite actress. 

Guest Jhay Neh Vieh

Just let me quote this"but the production adds diplomatically that song hye kyo gets offered nearly every drama coming out of korea so Dots

Guest Jhay Neh Vieh

To cont..."is merely one of many shes considering." So thats means shes always been the first choice? Wooahh just imagine if she considered all of those offered to her..sorry abt my post i hit accidentally the post comment in the first one :\">

from entgroup they have this movie preview prior to MPL release date in China theaters and MPL garnered positive review alongside Cinderella , just hope whatever MPL earned at BO though it may not be as high as they have expected , will not affect the star status of SHK in China besides this heartwarming movie did receive lots of praise and good feedback!

Week 10 Preview:‘Cinderella’ &‘My Brilliant Life’ Set To Draw Female Crowds

2015/3/10 9:59:00(Beijing Time)    by: Entgroup Consulting

Two female-skewing films—“Cinderella” and “My Brilliant Life”—are the strongest out of four newcomers opening in Chinese theaters this week. They’ll try to topple “Jupiter Ascending”, the current champ.

According to EntGroup’s EFMT Marketing Index, “Cinderella” boasts the highest awareness level and intent to purchase level of any of the new releases. The film’s impressive ensemble seems to be the biggest selling point, with Cate Blanchett standing out in her role as the Evil Stepmother. “Frozen” and “Maleficent” both fell just shy of $50 million in China, and “Cinderella” could easily surpass that thanks to the popularity and familiarity of the story.

"My Brilliant Life" could be another successful import from South Korea. The drama focuses on a young family whose son suffers from progeria, a rare decease that causes people with it to appear much older than they are. According to the EFMT Index, “My Brilliant Life” has the strongest word of mouth, which is due in large part to star “Hyekyo Song” (The Grandmaster). If this film takes off, it could lead to more family dramas in the market. 

MPL figthing!!!

32fa828ba61ea8d3ce4c3a59930a304e251f5804

looking forward for movie promos for IAQ and TC part 2 soon!

from weibo
6ade2974jw1eq7o0bfzb3j20m810ojxd.jpg

• Like 1

love to see constant update on SHKs instagram and it is still gaining more and more followers !

todate , these are her top 2 photos with the most no of likes which proves that she can be sweet and sexy!

no 1 natural beauty , so effortless !

d0c8a786c9177f3e41715b6174cf3bc79f3d5610

no 2 the ever gorgeous SHK ! 

6afb0f0cjw1eq77g9pur9j20hs0n10ve.jpg

her latest post
6afb0f0cjw1eq7u73uvl5j20hs0hutdl.jpg

looking forward for more awesome photo updates on kyo1122!

• Like 1

Translations for the Ifeng interview:

Q: How did you prepare to film MBL?  What's the reason for deciding to film this movie?

A:  Once I heard that this is Director Lee Jae Yong's production, I really wanted to work with him.  Found the script to be very interesting and charming.  While preparing for this movie, I used my mother as my role model.  My mother and I get along like friends.  My mother's face would often appear in my mind when I'm acting.

After watching this movie, I hope the audience would think of their family, hoping they will cherish and take care of their families.  If able to convey this message, then that would be great.  For me personally, when filming the movie, I also realized the importance of family, time passes by too quickly, especially lately.  I would strive to make time to spend with them together, live better and treat them better.  This thinking was always in my mind when I filmed this movie.

Q:  In the scenes where you played a 17-year old, can't see any traces of time, how did you do that?  How can you have such nice skin?

A:  Because both sides of hair are cut short, in order to appear younger, had to wear a hairpin.  In fact, it was quite difficult.  First, have to thank our lighting director, because the lighting was so good, it's possible to make me look younger.  Actually I'm like many female friends, would go to see a dermatologist, would also go to a skin beauty salon.  If I'm busy and have no time, I'll apply a mask at home.

Q:  Second time working with Kang Dong Won, how does it feel?

A:  Maybe because this is the second time working together, the relationship is relatively close.  Collaboration performances felt very comfortable.  In every production and collaboration scene, actors need time to become familiar with each other.  If there's not a period of time to get familiar with each other, then it'll be a bit awkward when filming.  But this production did not need this period of time, from the beginning to the end, the atmosphere was harmonious and enjoyable.  Both felt this collaboration was compatible.

Q:  This movie is full of emotions, for you, is it easy to get into character and get out of character?  Have you ever not been able to get out of character before?

A:  Different productions, my feelings for each production would be different.  After the completion of some productions, after I go on a vacation, I may not think about it anymore.  Of course there are some productions where I can't get out of even after 2 years.

Q:  Which production was hard for you to get out of?

A:  That should be my first mini-drama "Autumn in My Heart".  This drama was popular during that time, it was very hard during filming.  The director is a person who was very concerned about the picture, was very sensitive and strict about every shooting location.  Maybe it was because of that reason, shooting was very difficult, staying late at night was also intense.  So that's why this role felt alive for a long time.  Other roles will have a little more "free" time, during shooting, there'll be a day or two to rest, or after midnight, I can live as Song Hye Kyo again.  This free time would continuously appear during the shooting.  But for this drama, once I opened my eyes, I have to act as Eun Suh, filming was too long.  At that time, I almost severely got into character.  This drama's influence on me extended to my next drama.

Q:  What's your impression of China, when did you decide to film more in China?

A:  Actually there are more Korean artists coming to China to develop their careers recently, but this is not the case for me.  From AIMH to now, it's been 15 years, since AIMH and meeting the Chinese audience, in between there was Full House and other dramas, movies, and also working on a Wong Kar Wai film.  Was always going back and forth between Korea and China, it's not a sudden thing, but had always been doing activities between these 2 places.  That's why I was able to work with some outstanding directors, also have so many good friends.  Because of the activities between these 2 places, I have adapted to the working conditions.  I think the Chinese audience does not treat me as a foreigner, which I'm very grateful for.  Maybe because the Chinese market has become very big recently, but by coming here doesn't necessarily mean I have to do something.  I do not think too much about the significance of activities.

Q:  In The Grandmaster and The Crossing, you have acted as a Chinese woman, do you have good experience already?

A:  Experience I do not have yet, but for a Korean woman to perform this kind of role is really a big risk, was really difficult to act.  In order to perform these roles well, really need to make lots of effort.  Fortunately, the Chinese audience can generously understand my position.  Seeing they can understand my interpretation of the role, I felt I could do well.  But in order to perform well for the role, the director and I really talked a lot, for work, for my role.  After all, I'm a Korean actress, compare to acting in Korea, I need to work harder and so does the director.  The director would tell me lots of stuff I don't know.

Q:  In both films, you have collaborated with Zhang Ziyi.  Can you tell us what's your impression of her?

A:  Do not need me to say more, she is a very good actress.  Although we have collaborated in these 2 films, but we didn't have a chance to act opposite each other, I'm very regretful.  For me, she's like a big sister that I like very much.  If there's a chance, I hope we can work together to produce an outstanding project.

Q:  So far, which movie do you think is your representative work?

A:  Representative work for a movie?  The types of movies are not the same, I cherish each movie very much.  It does not seem appropriate to just choose one.  Recently The Crossing is a happy collaboration, there are lots of people waiting for part 2, it will be a lot more interesting compared to part 1, hope everyone will support it.  Also hope the audience will like MBL.  It is a little difficult to just choose one movie, to me, they're all precious.

Q:  Your fans are waiting for you to act in another comedy like Full House again.  Are there any plans?

A:  Yes, I would like to try comedy again.  Although now I can't play that kind of bright, young role like in Full House, but in line with my current age.  At this age, I can express the kind of romantic comedies I really want to try out.

Q:  Now there are lots of Chinese versions of Korean variety shows, are you willing to take part in these shows?

A:  Right now there hasn't been a chance.  If there's a chance in the future, I may.

I'll translate the Sina and MTime interviews tomorrow.  Off to dreamland now :)