Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Upcoming Drama 2024:Show Business/Special Appearance Drama 2025: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

@hclover96 , thank you for the translations so it was clear HXM meant  hotdog  invitation,... I mean  hot pot.  Im kinda hoping that @ticktockjuly was correct.  (a hotdog night out)  oh man why its sound so cheesy?   
@SusanC is there a thread for takeshi/ SHK?

escape from reporters ;)
gif
i91pwdzk2R116.gif

SHK's favorite HERMES bag. She's used it last year when promote TWTWB in Taiwan
640_2cb33a72f1ffcc99dbd51d26db511ec7.jpg
420_6a7bc109d0cb53011d900dc94ff371e6.jpg
http://www.appledaily.com.tw/realtimenews/article/new/20141202/516480/%E6%84%9B%E9%A6%AC%E4%BB%95%E8%AD%B7%E9%AB%94%E3%80%80%E5%AE%8B%E6%85%A7%E5%96%AC%E6%8B%8E%E5%87%B1%E8%8E%89%E5%8C%85%E9%A3%84%E8%B2%B4%E6%B0%A3

Sunbae0401, unfortunately we do not have one for TaKyo!! :(( It's ok, I don't mind really! As long as we are allowed to vocalize our opinions/comments and feelingsabout TaKyo without hurting them and others, I am okay without a TaKyo thread!!:-bd:-bd
Let's carry on with the TaKyo Fever!!!\:D/\:D/\:D/

Titanic tragedy

By Li Jingjing Source:Global Times Published: 2014-12-1 19:28:01

‘The Crossing’ recalls the tragic history of 1949

Promotional material for The Crossing Photo: CFP

On January 27, 1949, during the second Chinese Civil War (1945-49), the Taiping, a passenger steamer carrying refugees from Shanghai to Taiwan, sank in the cold waters of the ocean leading to the death of more than 1,500 passengers and crew. 

While the Titanic was taken out by an iceberg, the Taiping met its fate for entirely man-made reasons: The ship was carrying more than twice the amount of passengers it should have been, and its running lights had been turned off to avoid an instituted curfew, a decision which led to a smaller boat, the Chienyuan steamer, to crash into the larger but nearly invisible Taiping.  

A tragic chapter in an already war-torn time period, many in Taiwan are still mourning the loss of their family members.

In his latest film, The Crossing, Hong Kong director John Woo brings this story to the big screen with an all-star team of 24 actors and actresses, including Zhang Ziyi, Huang Xiaoming and Tong Dawei from China, Song Hye-kyo from South Korea and Takeshi Kaneshiro and Masami Nagasawa from Japan.

Harsh journey

"I've never seen a film that had been through so many difficulties," said actress Yu Feihong about the film's production during a Q&A session held after a press conference for the film on Thursday in Beijing.

At the press conference, actress Zhang Ziyi and actor Huang Xiaoming also shared the difficulties they themselves encountered while filming the movie, such as accidentally swallowing mouthfuls of dirty water when filming the steamers descent into the ocean. However, these are just minor road bumps compared to the tough journey the film went through to be made.

First announced at the Cannes Film Festival in 2008, it has taken six years to get the film to audiences.

One of the major roadblocks was rather unexpected. Woo was diagnosed with Lymphoma in 2012, right before the film was scheduled to start shooting. Suffering from symptoms like mouth ulcers and difficulty swallowing, he underwent chemotherapy treatments and surgery to beat the disease.

"While I was sick, I watched several bad movies, which got me thinking about what a pity it would be if I passed on before making my perfect movie. I decided right there and then to make a great movie," said Woo at the press conference, confessing that it was this strong motivation drove him to fight against cancer and make The Crossing.

Another source of motivation came from a promise to a friend. "I promised my friend Li Ming that I would make a great movie, an elegant movie for them. It was my promise to him and all the performers who expected so much from this film that kept me going," Woo said.

The friend Woo referred to is none other than the president of Beijing Galloping Horse Media, one of the production companies behind The Crossing. Li had passed away from a heart attack in January of this year at age 45, shocking many in the film industry.

The Crossing witnessed big changes from both Woo himself and the sponsoring company, which made this film carries more profound meaning and hope.

As John Woo's daughter and one of the performers appearing in The Crossing, Angeles Woo had a unique window into how much this film meant to her father: "Even when he was suffering from the cancer, he would get out of bed and walk around thinking about how to make this film. This is why I had faith that he would recover."

She added that during shooting, a nurse was always on standby to help take care of Woo.

"This film is so special, it's so epic, so grand. Depicting people from different countries united by one thing: human compassion. It really is a once-in-a-lifetime film," Angeles Woo said.

A romantic turn

This tragedy had a far-reaching impact on the lives of countless individuals.

One of these people is Chinese American forensic expert Henry Chang-Yu Lee, the former commissioner of the Connecticut Department of Public Safety, whose father was among the victims.

In an article on people.cn, Lee is quoted as saying that if it wasn't for the death of his father, he would never have attended the Central Police College in Taiwan, gone to the US or become a detective.

It also impacted the life of renowned Taiwanese host and writer Kevin Tsai, whose father was the owner of the Taiping. After the tragedy, his father's ship company went bankrupt from settlement of claims. It was then that the younger Tsai changed his career to be a lawyer. 

Taking place during such a complicated period of Chinese history, many people expect The Crossing to be a political film. However, Woo said he never had any intention to make such a film, but rather wanted to shoot a pure romance portraying stories about humanity and love during a troubled period of time. Known as an action director for decades, The Crossing marks Woo's first romantic film.

The film focuses on three couples from different social classes: a prostitute and a soldier, a Kuomintang general and a woman from a notably family, and a Japanese military surgeon from Taiwan and his Japanese lover. Fleeing to Taiwan after the defeat of the Kuomintang, these couples regard the Taiping as their only hope. 

Of course this focus on romance doesn't mean Woo hasn't used his action directing talents.

Taking place during the civil war in the mainland, the film has several epic war scenes. However, unlike his previous films, Woo has let domestic talents do most of the heavy lifting when it came to producing those action scenes.

"We have a lot special effects that were mostly done by domestic talent. Only 20 percent of these are from foreign resources, which demonstrates how technical talent in the mainland is progressing," Woo said.

The Crossing has been filmed as two movies. Part one debuts in cinemas on Tuesday, while the second is scheduled to reach theaters in May of 2015. 

Posted in: Film

id="title" John Woo's 'The Crossing' heads Singapore Festival lineup

A poster of John Woo's latest movie 'The Crossing'. [File Photo]

A poster of John Woo's latest movie "The Crossing". [File Photo]

John Woo's latest movie "The Crossing" will receive a special gala screening at the revived Singapore International Film Festival.

The film is based on the sinking of the steamer "Taiping" in 1949.

It's a tragic story that led to the deaths of over 1,500 passengers and crew.

Festival organizers unveiled a lineup with local film "Unlucky Plaza," a black comedy by Ken Kwek, as the opening film.

The festival's closing film is "In The Absence of the Sun," by Indonesia's Lucky Kuswandi.

Eleven Asian films compete for the Silver Screen competition award.

Winners will be selected by a jury headed by China's Wang Xiaoshuai, and will be announced on Dec. 13.

"The Crossing" will be released in China on the 2nd of December.

Latest informations: -Takeshi&Qi Shu's relationship style=unknow/relationship status=unknown 
-Qi Shu: relationship w/Takeshi(unknown date), Stephen Fung,(unknown date),Chen Chang(unknown date),Leon Lai(2004 - August 2006)-Qi Shu & Lee Hom Wang: they are dating-(2006-Present)/NOT Stephen Fung
Her beauty not oustanding but......very sexy
NOTE: Seeing her in photo shoots...some of them...she look like our Song Hye Kyo!  EAR by EAR: Her 'background.'...B-A-D! Very...very....B-A-D!!!!!

@rubylia's post...KISSES.....KISSES.....How lovely TC couple! But can you tell me Song Hye Kyo...smiling .....crying.....or happy? I like these post but if SHK.....smiling=S-H-A-M-E on her! Oh, no...SHK...HXM...very serious at these MOMENTS.....! 

@freshspring's post w/SHK &HXM chatting in English in the waiting room........It seem HXM brought his girlfriend w/ him. While watching video, the man speak Korean/Chinese  .....  No understanding but hear the man said, "...AngelaBaby(HXM' girlfriend name)....then camera shoot this sence=one man come to a lady (WHO sitting at the hall w/PINK clothes)...and shaked her hand....That's HXM's girlfriend(confirm by who understand the man's language)