Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Upcoming Drama 2024:Show Business/Special Appearance Drama 2025: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

Guest 02yoxanoh

Thank you @MasY for bringing in the awesome news about TC part 2  :) ♥ Those posters are marvelous! Really love it! Hope TC p2 promotion will do the same thing as what they did on part 1 last year. Apart from that, I hope TC p2 will have a massive success in BO and also i really hope Kyo will be able to go to China to promote her movie over there , you know our Kyo is busily filming Dots in Korea. 

ALL THE BEST FOR THE SUCCESS OF tc2!

Looking forward to promos and interviews and stage appearances! This means lotsa, lotsa pics!

So, does that mean that tc2 will be premiering on 7/31 in China and 8/14 in Taiwan?

Hope so! That means I'll see TK, too! Yes!:lol:

Guest RoseS

‘The Crossing’ International Trailer from Director John Woo

Ziyi Zhang stars in John Woo's epic drama ‘The Crossing’, based on the the true story of a 1949 steamer ship that sunk and claimed 1,500 lives.
BYBRIAN GALLAGHER | September 22nd, 2014
‘The Crossing’ International Trailer from Director John Woo

Five years after director John Woo's two-part epic Red Cliff hit theaters, fans have their first look at the filmmaker's next project with an international trailer and a poster for his two-part drama, The Crossing.

The plot is based on the true story of a steamer ship dubbed Taiping, which sunk between China and Taiwan during the Chinese Revolution in 1949, claiming the lives of over 1,500 people. The story follows a number of intertwining love stories, including a couple played by Chinese superstars Ziyi Zhang and Takeshi Kaneshiro. Take a look at the first footage below, along with the first three photos and a poster, then read on for more information.

(video, deleted)

The Crossing Poster

The Crossing doesn't have a domestic release date set at this time(2014), but the drama is set to debut on December 2, 2014 in China, with The Crossing 2 set for release in July 2015. It isn't known if the two-part project has an American distributor at this time, but we'll keep you posted with the latest updates as soon as more information comes in.

The Crossing co-stars Hye-kyo SongXiaoming HuangDawei Tong,Masami Nagasawa and Feihong Yu.

The Crossing photo 1The Crossing photo 2The Crossing photo 3

The Crossing 1 was released in 2014.

The Crossing 2 was released in 2015.

Sources:Empire
[RoseS's note, wanting SHK has some scenes, underwater, like Zhang Ziyi's scenes(see photos), although as it said, TC Part 2 , Zhang Ziyi has more scenes=both has equal time; SHK has more in TC Part 1.]

Edited by RoseS

Guest RoseS

***Waiting to see TC Part 2

-posters

-teaser poster shooting

-videos trailers

-Premier? Press Conference?

-background music

[At least=minimum, as in TC Part 1]

***Waiting to see any DOTS' things, at least ....as in movie TC(beautiful, inspired, amazing.....posters and beautiful background music. Having a feeling, singer/actor Onew will involve some....!]

Guest RoseS

[REVIEW old news, Although The Crossing's Production, Galloping Horse, said, it's not affecting The Crossing, but who's knows! Galloping Horse Boss=Executive Producer, Li Ming passed away Jan. 03, 2014= heart attack/TC Part 1 released Dec. 2, 2014. Now, his wife and his sister who taking care Galloping Horse]]

30 May 2015

14 May 2015

About 'The Crossing' part 2
Reporter: You’re in postproduction on the second part of The Crossing. The first section didn’t do as well as expected, largely because of troubles at one of the production companies, Beijing Galloping Horse. Will you be using the same distributors for the second installment?
John Woo: Yeah, same distributors. There was a little confusion. I think for the second part they will do a much better job. This time, I think they will have enough time to promote the film and do a much better release.

Source: Miki (SimplyTK),

26 Apr 2015
34rd Annual Hong Kong Film Awards & The Crossing Part 2
Awards were on April 19th, 2015 in Hong Kong
Best Cinematography - Zhao Fei (nominated)
Best Editing - David Wu Dai-Wai (winner)
Best Art Direction - Horace Ma (nominated)
Best Costume & Make-Up Design - Chen Tongxun (nominated)
Best Original Film Score - Taro Iwashiro (nominated)
Best Sound Design - Tu Duu-Chih (winner)
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE THOSE NOMINATED & WINNERS
(for more - http://lovehkfilm.com/features/hkfa_2014.htm)

At a recent press conference, distributors Le Vision Pictures revealed that the second part of John Woo's 'The Crossing' is now in the hands of Tsui Hark. The company were reportedly very unhappy with the box office takings for the first film and have hired Hark to re-edit the second outing.
'The Crossing' is based on the tragic 1949 sinking of the Taiping, a Chinese steamer bound for Taiwan. Written by Wang Hui-Ling, the epic drama follows several couples as they flee to the island of Taiwan to escape the tumultuous time of pre-Revolutionary China. The cast includes Zhang Ziyi, Takeshi Kaneshiro, Song Hye-Kyo, Huang Xiaoming, and Masami Nagasawa.
Although it opened in first place at the Chinese box office, 'The Crossing Part 1' was quickly knocked off the top spot by Zhang Yibai's 'Fleet of Time'. It only grossed around 200 million yuan ($32 milllion) during the month of December and the majority of reviews were lukewarm.
Long-time fans of Hong Kong cinema may be surprised to see Woo and Hark mentioned in the same sentence. The two men had a very public falling during the making of 'A Better Tomorrow 2' and looked unlikely to work together again. However, they have recently patched up their differences and are now hoping to collaborate on a number of new projects.
'The Crossing Part 2' is currently eyeing a Summer 2015 release date. (between June -August)

Source: jaspri33 (simplytk) 

21 Apr 2015
Pre-order The Crossing Part 1
Yesasia.com have pre-orders for the DVD & Blu-ray.

DVD - http://www.yesasia.com/global/the-crossing-part-1-2014-dvd-taiwan-version/1039324460-0-0-0-en/info.html
Expected release date: June 12, 2015

Blu-ray - http://www.yesasia.com/global/the-crossing-part-1-2014-blu-ray-taiwan-version/1039324496-0-0-0-en/info.html
Expected release date: May 29, 2015

p0039209082.jpg

Source: Yesasia.com
Edited by RoseS

I know this may sound crazy but I've recently watched The man came from the star and I always think that main character was built with some inspriration of our SHK.

Anw, I am so excited to see unnie's new drama DotS. :wub:

And, the Crossing 2 poster is super beautiful, isn't it? I hope we can see her more in this part.

Edited by vuthao
  • Like 1

Guest RoseS

48 Hours Magazine updated their cover photo.

48 Hours Magazine's photo.

48 Hours Magazine updated their cover photo.

48 Hours Magazine's photo.

South China Morning post

[Song Hye Kyo' quote from movie My Brilliant Life's report]

"Shooting the film was a great experience and it was a tremendous honour to work with John Woo", she says. "In The grandmaster I had a supporting role, but my character in The Crossing is more central to the plot. When I think that I'm the only actor from South Korea to have worked with John Woo, it's really humbling".

Kang Dong-won and Song Hye-kyo talk about learning life lessons from My Brilliant Life

South Korean stars Kang Dong-won and Song Hye-kyo learned valuable personal and professional lessons from their latest roles

Darcy Paquet

• HEART TO HEART: Song Hye-kyo (left) and Kang Dong-won in My Brilliant Life.
HEART TO HEART: SONG HYE-KYO (LEFT) AND KANG DONG-WON IN MY BRILLIANT LIFE.

WE RECOMMEND

Song Hye-kyo and Kang Dong-won are superstars in their native South Korea, and they reached that status long ago. Both enjoyed early success, making professional debuts in their teens – the actress in television drama First Love (2000), and Kang as a model before trying his hand at acting. Now in their early 30s, they are both in their prime, and in their new film, My Brilliant Life, they play parents for the first time.

The film is based on Kim Ae-ran’s bestselling 2011novel, My Palpitating Life, about a 17-year-old boy, Ah-reum, who suffers from progeria, a rare genetic condition which causes premature ageing.

Looking like an 80-year-old and realising his time may be running out, the teenage Ah-reum sets out to write a story about how his young parents fell in love.

“As soon as I read the script I was drawn to it,” says Song. “I liked the humanistic focus of the story, and I have a lot of trust in director E J-yong, so I agreed to do it immediately.

handout_25oct14_fe_brilliant_kang.jpg?itWHO’S THE DADDY: Kang was initially intimidated by playing a father.

” She happened to mention the project to Kang, who is in the same management company. The two have been friends since appearing together in Jang Joon-hwan’sLove for Sale (2010), and move in the same social circles. “He showed a great interest in the story, so I told him to ask for the script,” the actress recalls.

“To be honest, I cried when I read the screenplay,” says Kang. “I could really sympathise with the characters.”

Playing a father was a challenge at first. “I don’t have the experience of being a father in real life, so it took some time for me to feel comfortable with that aspect of the role,” Kang says.

For both Song and Kang, another attraction of this film was the prospect of working with director E J-yong (who has adopted a phonetic spelling for his name; the more conventional transcription would be “Lee Jae-yong”). Perhaps best known for his 2003 hit Untold Scandal, which transposed Pierre Choderlos de Laclos’ Les Liaisons Dangereuses to the 18th century Joseon dynasty Korea, the director has in recent years focused on low-budget experimental works like Actresses (2009) and Behind the Camera (2013).

handout_25oct14_fe_brilliant_1252_img_10

Kang Dong-won. Photo: David Pang

E’s return to commercial filmmaking has resulted in a movie that feels somewhat restrained and refined compared to the average South Korean melodrama, but nonetheless provokes floods of tears. “He doesn’t like exaggerated gestures or emotions in his films,” says Song. “He worked hard to bring out the subtlety of our performances.”

That meant using very few close-ups, says Kang. “It was a slightly different experience, shooting this film.”

Male viewers and parents have responded particularly strongly to this drama, which took in 12.3 billion won (HK$90.9 million) at the South Korean box office.

The roles required a fair amount of preparation before shooting. “The first thing we did was learn more about progeria,” says Song. “Together with the director, we watched a lot of documentaries on the subject, and discussed it extensively. It’s quite heartbreaking, when you learn about it in detail.

“We also had some debate early on about the visual look of our characters,” she says. “The director’s instinct was to go against the polished image that we’ve had as actors up to this point. I completely understood him, but I also worried that if it went too far it might look forced, or too deliberate. In the end I think we found a good compromise.”

handout_25oct14_fe_brilliant_song.jpg?itMOTHER LOAD: Song plays a woman whose son Ah Reum (Jo Sung-mok, above) has progeria.

But without question, the actor who worked hardest and made the most sacrifices in this film was 13-year-old Jo Sung-mok, who played Ah-reum. To create a convincing portrait of a prematurely aged child, he spent five hours in make-up each day before starting to act. “He worked so hard,” says on-screen mother Song. “He has a very reserved, quiet personality, and I think he felt quite nervous because this was his first film. We worked hard together on the set, but we became much closer afterwards while promoting the film, when the pressure was off.”

For Kang, the most memorable scene is when his character Dae-soo goes back to visit his father after years of estrangement. Playing opposite the highly accomplished Kim kap-soo, he became emotional in unexpected ways. “This has never happened to me before, but while rehearsing the scene I started crying hard. They started rolling the cameras immediately, to capture the emotion. I suppose because I have the experience of being someone’s son, the emotions came more easily to me than they did in the scenes where I’m playing a father,” he says.

His experience working on My Brilliant Life has also caused Kang to contemplate his life. “Shooting this film has made me think about one day raising a family and about my future as an actor,” he says. “In the coming years I’m likely to be taking on more roles as a father.”

For her part, portraying a mother made Song think more about her acting. “There is a line of dialogue that my character says towards the end of the film: ‘As a mother, I know this.’ I thought long and hard about how I should deliver that line, and what emotion I should put into it. I haven’t experienced motherhood directly, but after building up my character scene by scene, in the end I could feel how she would say it.”

handout_25oct14_fe_brilliant_1251_img_08

Song Hye-kyo. Photo: David Pang

This year marks17 years since Song’s acting debut and she vividly remembers the turning point of her career. “In my late teens and early 20s, I worked hard on my roles, but, to be honest, I didn’t feel any special commitment to acting,” she says.

All that changed when she met Noh Hee-kyung, the scriptwriter who wrote the screenplays for television dramas The World That They Live In (2008) and That Winter, the Wind Blows (2013), in which Song starred.

“We talked often while working together and we kept in touch between those times. She’d give me advice about my career, or we’d discuss personal matters. You could call her a mentor. Having her at my side gave me a lot of strength.”

Song also believes the craft of acting can become increasingly challenging. “Partly, it’s because your expectations and sense of responsibility increase, but also because it becomes more complicated and difficult as you do more of it. In most professions, you build up confidence and a sense of achievement as you go along, but that’s really not true for acting.” Although many Asian stars have headed to Hollywood, both Kang and Song express greater interest in staying at home.

“I really do hope that Asia can develop more of its own market for film,” Kang says. “Of course, China is always likely to be the centre of that market, but I hope that films from throughout Asia can cross borders more easily and that a closer filmmaking community can develop.” Kang is currently learning Putonghua and he hopes to shoot films on the mainland.

handout_25oct14_fe_brilliant_1260_still_
handout_25oct14_fe_brilliant_1259_mbl_stSPECIAL DELIVERY: Song and Kang play first-time parents.

If he needs advice, he can turn to Song, who has four years of experience shooting high-profile works on the mainland. Having participated in Wong Kar-wai’s The Grandmaster (2013), she will also be seen in John Woo’s upcoming blockbuster The Crossing, about the sinking of the steamer Taiping in 1949. The first of the two-part story will be released in December.

“Shooting the film was a great experience and it was a tremendous honour to work with John Woo,” she says. “In The Grandmaster I had a supporting role, but my character in The Crossing is much more central to the plot. When I think that I’m the only actor from South Korea to have worked with John Woo, it’s really humbling.”

Edited by RoseS
add photo

Guest RoseS

REVIEW, Song Hye Kyo's INTERVIEW, The Crossing..........[Hancinema]

Top star Song Hye-kyo was at the 61st Cannes International Film Festival. She agreed to star in Director John Woo's next work "1949", and although she arrived in Cannes on the 17th, she had to hide in her hotel room. 

On the 20th around 10:30 am, Director Woo and Producer Terence Chang held a press conference for their next work, and when Song Hye-kyo appeared, the Chinese journalists were shocked. It was because Director Woo did not even mention Song Hye-kyo in a briefing session on the 19th. 

She wore a white dress and arrived with her opposing character, Chinese actor Chang Chen. She seemed flushed to be working with big names. 

Song Hye-kyo said, "Director Woo contacted me after watching "Hwangjin-y - Movie - 2007", It's my honor to be able to work with a director that I respect". Her popularity is high in China because of "Autumn in my Heart" and "Full House" and many journalists were asking more questions toward Song Hye-kyo than the director or Chang Chen. 

The following is from the press conference and an interview afterward. 

-How do you feel about starring in Director John Woo's "1949"? 
-I'm very happy that I get to work with a famous director and Chang Chen. I'm nervous but I'm also excited. I want to show everyone a fantastic, completed movie. 

-When did you get the request from Director Woo? 
-Last January, he said that he liked "Hwangjin-i"and contacted me. He said the character images in "Hwangjin-i" and "1949" are similar. I received the scenario and I liked it so I decided to take it. 

I met Chang Chen in an awards ceremony last March in Hong Kong. I had a good feeling about him and wanted to act with him, but I didn't know it would happen this quickly. 

-What is the story of "1949" and what role do you have? 
-This movie takes place in 1949. There are three couples, and Chang Chen and I are one of them. After wealthily living in Shanghai, I lose my husband in the war and go to Taiwan. I meet Chang Chen and meet a new fate. 

-It's a historical film. How are you going to get into character? 
-It is like homework because it's before I was born. I'm studying while looking at documents. I'm very happy about it because it's the first movie I'm filming in China. There will be other great actors, and I think it will be like a " first love " to me. 

-Did you like Director Woo's works? 
-I really like "The Killer". People say it is an action movie, but I say it's a love story. So I think he'll portray love in a warm and beautiful way in this movie, too. I'm looking forward to it. 

-It's a Chinese role and you'll have Chinese lines. How are you preparing for that? 
-There are not only Chinese lines, but English as well. There is not exact scenario yet so I'm preparing for it. I'm planning to try very hard. 

-You agreed to a drama with Director Pyo Min-soo. Don't the schedules conflict? 
-Director Pyo's drama will film in July and finish this year. "1949" will start filming at the end of the year and are aiming for a premiere next year, so there won't be a big problem. 

-Isn't working with Director Woo overwhelming? 
-I'm not in this movie alone, and there are many more famous actors. I'm the only Korean, but I want to film with a joyful heart instead of being overwhelmed. 

-You arrived at Cannes on the 17th, but no one saw you
-Director Woo said not to go anywhere until the press conference. So I stayed in the hotel except following the director to one party. He said not to meet with any reporters. (Laugh) I'm going back on the 21st so I'm going to enjoy the film festival as much as I can. 

Edited by RoseS

Guest RoseS

Watching again, The Crossing Part 1(Korean):D

Watching TC w/English Sub(1rst time), focus about subtile....then 'less time' focus Song Hye Kyo's ability about Korean language!:w00t:

Loving SHK more in TC Part 1 with her Korean conversation! Very pround of SHK, working with Director John Woo(not in China only, but JW's world famous Director):wub:

Song Hye Kyo and Hwang Xiao Ming......so much chemistry and a beautiful screen couple!:wub:

*********Again....having goosebump because....Song Hye Kyo@opening=playing piano

THE CROSSING Part 1, EnglishSub

http://www.dramago.com/chinese-movie/the-crossing-part-1-2014

Edited by RoseS
add other part

from soompi they featured June 2015 CFs that includes SHKs Laneige BB Cushion

Song Hye Kyo for Laneige

The gorgeous actress shows off her flawless skin using Laneige’s Pore Control BB Cushion. While others are touching up their makeup, Song Hye Kyo doesn’t need to, thanks to her cushion foundation. This cushion product is ideal for individuals with oily skin who want long-lasting coverage.

• Like 12

the latest IG post of SHK was featured in nate

연예 hot포토

송혜교 근황 공개, 가려도 예뻐 '청순 여신'

송혜교 근황 공개, 가려도 예쁘다…'청순 여신  (thru google trans : Song Hye-kyo Recent public, even to go pretty ... 'innocent goddess')

OSEN 원문 기사전송 2015-06-22 08:56

기사 이미지

[OSEN=서아람 인턴기자] 배우 송혜교가 근황을 공개했다.
http://news.nate.com/view/20150622n07915?mid=e0403

• Like 16