Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Upcoming Drama 2024:Show Business/Special Appearance Drama 2025: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

Kim, I will take a look at those Grandmaster articles and try to have it translated this week ^^
As always, you guys are such rockstars with all the news and tidbits. Even though we are in a drought season, you guys are still able to update us with something, anything to keep us going! Thank you so much.

Here's another article about our girl's generosity ~ she truly does have a BIG heart, and the thing I love most, she does it because she wants to, not for attention. She is such a classy and beautiful person...absolutely the BEST!!

Seo Kyung Duk's High Praise,  "Song Hye Kyo has sponsored Korean services for the world's leading museums"

201308151045772372_520c363b579ef.jpg

Professor Seo Kyung Duk and Song Hye Kyo's love for Korea has been unveiled.
In honor of the seventeenth anniversary of Liberation Day to commemorate Allied forces' victory in World War II, which liberated Korea from Japan's colonial rule, the August 15th broadcast of SBS <em>Good Morning</em> featured a piece on Professor Seo Kyung Duk of Sungshin Women's University.
On this day, Professor Seo  explained the details of his and Song Hye Kyo's work to promote Korea.
"By chance, Song Hye Kyo's management officials and I came together. I was told that Song Hye Kyo was interested in my work.  When she had free time while filming overseas, she would visit famous museums and art galleries, but wondered why there weren't any Korean services available," Professor Seo explained.
He continued, "Up until now Song Hye Kyo has covered expenses for Korean services in eight locations of the world's leading museums and galleries."
MC Kim Hwan Eun was struck with admiration saying, "She's not just a pretty face, her heart is beautiful, too."
Reporter Choi Ji Na Nawowstar@wowtv.co.kr
Source: WowstaTranslated by: Shanda @ Songhyegyo.net

Shanda, thanks dearie  :-*

Wonder if it will ever be released an uncut version of tgm? i would like to see more of Kyo and of cos the kissing scene between kyo and Tony kekeke

2ls3.jpg

So pretty and elegant :x
s1x3.jpg

by Joan MacDonald
Aug 15, 2013 10:52 AM EDT

Song Hye Kyo Shares Her Love Of Korean Culture

ssah.jpg

Song Hye Kyo is proud of her nation's culture and history. That's why the talented and beautiful star of "That Winter The Wind Blows" and "Full House" has quietly been doing her part to spread an understanding of Korean culture to other countries.

She recently sponsored the creation of a bronze carving that was donated to the Yi Jun Peace Museum in The Hague in The Netherlands.

Yi Jun and two other Korean delegates Yi Sang Sol and Yi Wi Jong were sent to a peace conference in The Hague in 1907 to declare that Korea was an independent country and that Japan's rule should be considered illegal. Due to Japanese pressure, the delegates were rejected. A few days later Lee was found dead in his room at the Hotel DeJong, which later became the site of the museum.

"I hope that this art piece will help attract tourists to the Yi Jun Peace Museum," said Song.

The four by six foot carving was based on a photo of the delegates posing in the hall. It was hung this week to commemorate Korean Independence Day.

"This is my second time participating in such an event overseas," said Song. "I hope this donation will help to ensure that more local and foreign tourists come to visit this place and learn more about our rich history."

Song worked with Professor Seo Kyung Suk of Sungsin University on this and other related projects. Seo traveled to The Hague to oversee the donation and met with the museum's managers.

They have worked together on several other projects. Together they provided Korean brochures to the New York Metropolitan Museum and the Museum of Fine Arts In Boston. Song also contributed a touch screen player to the Arts of Korea gallery at the Museum of Fine Arts. The touch screen features short videos showing traditional Korean ceramic techniques.

Song is also working on providing Korean language services to museums in Europe, including the Tate Modern in London. She also helped launch a Korean culture application for smart phones called Dooroo Dooroo. The app features historic landmarks in China once owned by the Korean government in exile during Japanese rule. The Independence Hall of Korea contributed contents for the app.

Song's agency said that the more the actress travels for work, the more inspired she is to share her culture.

"She's becoming more aware of the importance of imparting Korean culture abroad," said a representative of her agency.

© 2013 KDramaStars.com All right reserved.

She's simply the BEST ! so proud to be her fan :x

shk1_zps927ee38a.jpg

jasan, thanks for the heads-up...... so good to hear she's back ;;)

kim, thanks for those TGM pics of Kyo...... that's the definition of the epitome of beauty.

since she's back, any news on TGM VIP screening...... if have, excited to know whom attending :D :D

Guest yogafan

class="cb b15" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 15px; border: 0px; font-size: 27px; outline: 0px; line-height: 30px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); clear: both; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Song Hye Kyo Shares Her Love Of Korean Culture

song hye kyo

Song Hye Kyo is proud of her nation's culture and history. That's why the talented and beautiful star of "That Winter The Wind Blows" and "Full House" has quietly been doing her part to spread an understanding of Korean culture to other countries.

She recently sponsored the creation of a bronze carving that was donated to the Yi Jun Peace Museum in The Hague in The Netherlands.

full article athttp://

bit.ly/14QPgHa

Guest deaborj

i'm sad to see this forum on the 3rd page....this is a major sign to us how bad the drought is....so guys don't be shy.

hi jasan,,, so someone saw her at a coffee shop at apgujeong.......was she hanging out at de chocolat? (well, if she's having coffee there she's probably just missing oh soo. and twtwb).. hehehehe  ;))  :-*

Guest chloebelle

If Korea was a kingdom,our dearie Hye Kyo would be the PRINCESS.Gold Heart,Beautiful above and beyond,Classy,Generous and Humble,Love her country and culture so much..... All the criterias apply for a PRINCESS OF KOREA ^:)^ She is just waiting for Prince Charming and gold heart to come along and marry her,they would make wonderful babies,beautiful both inside and outside,just like their parents and they will live happily ever after ...... -THE END- Absolutely NUTS AND PROUD FAN OF SHK here...everyday and every thing she does,just make me LOVE AND PROUD OF HER EVEN MORE! Thank you so much guys for the awesome updates,can't thank you all enough,YOU GUYS ROCK!!! ^:)^

Guest Jhay Neh Vieh

i miss hye kyo so much...i always watched that winter every night here in the philippines and im just sad that its gonna end in just two weeks..

^ hclover, thanks for the gifs..she is so cute :x

According to Divashim, Kyo is now in China for filming the crossing, but dc fans said Kyo in Korea....dun really know where she is :P .  I wonder if there will be any VIP premiere or anything for tgm in upcoming days as i read Tony, WKW, and ZZY is now in New York for promoting the movie, it had its premiere on the 13th there.

Have a nice weekend SHKers :D

pzye.jpg
dc

edit: miss_shady_xv, dearie, i assume you didn't mean to flag hclover , just a mistake right?

i think this blog was saying to have seen Kyo in Gangnam, but i think we need Shanda's help hehe.

http://m.blog.naver.com/byannie/120196361010

btw, Finally i got watched tgm with my mother language sub, though i can't understand everything due to my poor understanding of the language, i think i still can get some of the contents. I must say i really like the movie, the movie is def a Tony's and ZZY's movie..but our Kyo still managed to standout. Feel a little pity for CC  cos i quite dun understand his role in the movie, it's like from nowhere.  I understand that the movie is mainly about the grandsmasters in that time, but the set up of his role here...eh, sorta weird, his role actually could just leave out...perhaps this was the results of too much cutting from WKW which made it impossible to connect his role in the movie, i dun know  :P . But overall, i love the movie and i am happy Kyo was in it though her role was small :D

If the movie is screeing on the big screen here , i will def watch it again. Have already watched it twice keke.

Guest chloebelle

‘The Grandmaster’ Arrives In New York August 16th, 2013 § 0 comments Oriental Daily: Acclaimed martial arts film ’The Grandmaster’ held its New York City premiere on August 13. The film’s stars Tony Leung and Zhang Ziyi attended the event along with director Wong Kar-wai. The film’s success at various international film festivals this year generated buzz ahead of its American release, attracting the attention of many Hollywood veterans, including Susan Sarandon and Samuel L. Jackson, who have nothing but praise for the film and spent much time socializing with its stars. Sarandon even traded phone numbers with Leung at the after party, asking him to stay in touch. The premiere took place at the Regal E-Walk Stadium. Aside from Hollywood stars, well-known fashion designers Vivienne Tam, Anna Sui, and Jason Wu were also present. Wu took several photos with Zhang Ziyi, the two having collaborated earlier when Wu dressed Zhang for this year’s Met Gala. To further ignite interest in the American market, famed director Martin Scorsese announced his support and granted American distributor The Weinstein Company the use of his name. The film will officially be released in the United States as “Martin Scorsese Presents ‘The Grandmaster’”. Speaking about this endorsement, Wong Kar-wai said, “Marty has always been a great inspiration. We are so thankful for his support of the film.” Tony Leung and Zhang Ziyi mingled with guests at the event, the two spent time chatting with Susan Sarandon and Samuel L. Jackson. Jackson shared that he is a fan of Wong Kar-wai and had put aside time so he can attend the premiere. Sarandon had a great time talking with Leung, and invited him to chat more over a drink. At the after party, Sarandon praised Leung’s talents, saying that the effort the cast has put into the film is apparent. She later traded contact information with him, wanting to stay in touch. The Grandmaster received great word of mouth and box office takings in Asia and caught just as much attention in the U.S. Wong Kar-wai edited the film anew so it would be easier for foreigners to comprehend. At the press conference Tony Leung revealed that the most memorable moment was working for 40 consecutive nights. He said that in the end he only had bronchitis and was lucky not to have pneumonia. Zhang Ziyi appeared on Good Morning America for a live interview. She even admitted that a live program appearance required courage, luckily she was able to withstand the test. Zhang Ziyi’s English ability was made fun of before, thus she worked hard to learn English. Now she is able to fluently respond on a live program, she truly is a new and improved “International Zhang”. New York is only the first stop among many as the team prepares for the film’s American release on August 23. Wong Kar-wai, Tony Leung, and Zhang Ziyi will continue to make appearances to support their acclaimed epic, with advanced screenings planned in Toronto, Chicago, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. Credit to : http://www.wongkarwai.net/category/films/the-grandmaster/

Guest chloebelle

utkim said: According to Divashim, Kyo is now in China for filming the crossing, but dc fans said Kyo in Korea....dun really know where she is :P .  I wonder if there will be any VIP premiere or anything for tgm in upcoming days as i read Tony, WKW, and ZZY is now in New York for promoting the movie, it had its premiere on the 13th there.

Have a nice weekend SHKers :D

pzye.jpg
dc

Guest deaborj

hi hclover96 and jjsweeter0211 - hope it's ok if I use the gifs you posted. I just so love the gifs so I though of using them as my siggy. ^:)^

initially, I was thinking of changing my profile pic because I noticed  that ss putrin and ms shanda recently changed their profile pic. ( I thought why not join the trend ....but when I saw the gifs,  i knew i had to change my old siggies right away....but i'm still going to change my profile pic though. i'm l just deciding on what pic to upload...but for now i'll stick it out wi/ soul-i for the meantime :D

happy sunday...... korea or china --wherever she may be,,,drinking coffer or attending a premier night,,,,,as long as there's a picture i'll be happy....again calling on dispatch--how come no pics of Kyo at the airport while other stars are being caught leaving,arriving at Incheon....pls be alert when our girl leaves or arrives. ok? pls? . [-O<

^:)^

Guest chloebelle

Our girl is perfect from head to toe...she is even rated for having beautiful feet with almost 5 stars rating http://www.wikifeet.com/Hye-kyo_Song What a goddes ^:)^

^thanks chloebelle........ so funny...... what else were they rate   :))

found this article on an upcoming drama..... here's the link -

Thrice Married Woman

Excerpts on Kyo -

SBS is reportedly considering Song Hye Kyo, recently so successful in "That Winter The Wind Blows," for the role that Han Ga In declined.

They shouldn't wasting their time considering her (pardon me).......... the drama is going to be aired in November, she still in the midst of "The Crossing" filming which only ended end of this year or probably across next year......... knowing the drama is a 50-eps, she needs to be around for the film promotion, she surely not going to miss this one as she has missed TGM earlier due to "That Winter" fliming.  Looking at the premise, there're more reasons that i feel it won't be materialised. 

Actually, I'm more inclined on the way the article worded her - Song Hye Kyo, recently so successful in "That Winter The Wind Blows"  :x :x

As much as i want her to work with Uhm Ji Won, she is such a great actress........ if offered, i hope Kyo won't  take this project B-) B-)